Current /sfg/ Thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1257519
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>losing a battle
>crying when you're about to get executed

post your character concepts, my dudes.
I love hearing about them.

I saw a nightmare of being an app character and being rejected and shunned and belittled for lack of optimization
I feel like I'm going nuts

I was thinking I'd play a fucking loser who likes paizo games and general threads, alignment chaotic evil

Step 1: Put an obscene amount of poppets modified for being somewhat competent at combat into a bag of holding

Step 2: Turn Bag of holding inside out in a crowded city square.

I love this picture. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to utterly break another human being's spirit and have her groveling in front of you for her very life, or even for a painless death? I honestly wonder how long it would take to die from a shot to the neck or head from one of those old flintlock pistols. Like, do they even have the velocity to kill someone instantly like a normal gun? I considered using one of those to blow my head off back when I wanted to commit suicide. In the end I just tried to hang myself instead. When I played a necromancer in Pathfinder I liked to torture some of the people I captured before I killed them and resurrected them as zombies. Mind games were my favorite. For example, you must stab one of your children to death in order to save your three others. Mathematically, maybe even morally, you are a bad person if you let A, B, C, and D die instead of just D dying. It's not even like saving one group over another, it's literally less death if you do it. So you basically have to, morally speaking. Also forcing an enemy bandit to watch my character rape his daughter and he had to cum to it or else I would kill her. Worked WAY better than Zone of Truth.

Hi Vult.

Oh shit was that a weird post? I'm REALLY drunk right now, I had to retype sentences like 3 times to make sure I was spelling and doing grammar correctly. Fuck I came her to ask something about building a good crossbow ranger or something but I can't remember my exact question, I saw the OP pic and got distracted....

Why would anyone ever go bonded item instead of familiar. All the things you can do with a familiar is way better than an extra spell

Based

Because they're going for a theme I'd guess.

So why is this thread /pgg/ if /sfg/ exists?

Why are we still /pgg/ when /sfg/ exists?

I'm sorry. Can you guys give me advice on a good crossbow ranger build? Like with repeateing crossbow or something? I know Crossbows are shit in Pathfinder but I really want to build this elvish big game hunter with a wide brimmed had, idk why. Kinda like that guy in the second jurassic park movie.

Is this bait or ironic or something

kek

Bolt ace Gunslinger.

>Also forcing an enemy bandit to watch my character rape his daughter and he had to cum to it or else I would kill her.

When I think wizard I think familiar. Anyone who takes bonded item is a retard

I mean, I don't; in my mind a Wizard is just a supercaster. Having a cat or rat is like, witch or warlock.

I'm playing a chaotic evil barbarian who kills and rapes almost everyone he comes across. I once raped a animal because a little girl was watching

You're fucking wrong. Wizards always have familiars.

*plays an Exploiter*
Oh snap son what now

>Actually playing an archetype instead of the base class

Do you piss in jugs under the table too you fucking retard?

Yeah d-d-dude you're right core only is the best.

Exploiter Wizard is pretty fucking good mate.

If you play an archetype you may as well play a lolsorandum kender because you are lame, boring and dumb and can't make real characters

Aight kid

Kid? I'm a billionaire body builder with a supermodel wife. What do you got going for you?

I don't like familiars. They're useful, I know. I don't like them. At least you can fucntion as a wizard without one.

Psions basically HAVE to take a psicrystal because Deep Focus has way too much feat tax for much less benefit than Psicristal affinity+containment.

Come on user at least try with your bait. You can do better then this.

newborn Atstreidi who wants to see the world and find out what this "Love" thing is. it sounds fascinating.

I feel really bad for if you and anyone who has ever known you if you think that crying is a sign of weakness, user.

It literally is.

Granted, when your about to be shot in the head/raped then shot is probably a good time to cry. I don't think anyone can fault you in that situation for doing so.

I don't but considering she presumably lost the battle, the least she can do is die without crying since it won't help at this point.

Crying is a sign of honesty. Honesty is also known as weakness depending what you're being honest about; it's also variously known as a sign of stupidity, tactlessness, or virtue, depending on what exactly you were honest about.

Local Ustalavic son of ancient, but unimportant noble family comes home from hunting one day to find home burned down. He takes his father's lance and the only surviving horse and hunts down the party responsible for it.

Not a real wizard without a familiar. Just some shitty edgelord who thinks he's too cool to play anything but a teifling or a drow

Even core Wizard doesn't have to take a familiar you know.

Unapologetic Belmont rip-off. How would I best go about doing it, as a Ranger with a focus on anti-Undead, or as a Talisman Crafter Occultist for all of those neat throwable "spells"?

a girl that was experiemented upon by a cult of Oooar-Oooung and turned into a transforming qlippoth-spawn; basically the Abomination from Darkest Dungeon in practice. Refluffed Synthesist Summoner.

Mountain hermit shortstack archer that survives until meeting the party through force of will and skill alone

Doesn't matter. People who take bonded items do so because they have no other way to give their character personality other than "look how unique I am lol I DONT have a familiar"

I hope someone cheats on you.

You can't deny what I just said.

Wouldn't familiars be the "doesn't have a personality option".

Having a lolsorandom talking frog/cat/whatever the fuck seems more snowflakey.

Crying is weakness. Never let them see you sweat, boy. Be strong all the time. Even when you sleep.

>Crying has physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits
>It's for the weak!

Who hurt you user?

Counterpoint: having a staff is awesome

I ONLY CRY BLOOD.

IT'S A SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION.

MAKES ME TERRIFYING ON THE BATTLEFIELD THOUGH.

I CRY A LOT.

Never cry. If you're a real man, you'll keep your feelings in check.

It doesn't actually have any of those benefits unless you're actively holding back your tears, in which case it doesn't provide benefits it helps negate the problems that arise from repression, and even then 'buckling' can often result in its own emotional issues. More to the point, someone who doesn't need to cry and recieve those benefits sounds like the definition of stronger - they get on fine without benefits. It's like the caster who gets on fine without magic items; he's stronger than the martial who absolutely needs them.

You can have a staff without making it a "this staff was passed down by my ancestors because I'm super unique and edgy" staff.

You can be sad without crying. I've been sad a lot lately but the tears literally would not come, it's not even as if I didn't want to it just didn't happen. I cry more at fucking Baba Yetu than I cry at stuff that makes me sad, stuff that makes me sad just, well, makes me sad.

That's not what a Bonded Item is, a Bonded Item is a focus, which is why you get fucked up bad if it breaks. It's literally just a tool you use to cast your spells.

Listen up, motherfuckers. People cry when they can't contain their feelings. Those feelings can be positive or negative, but the fact is that you lost control. That's weakness.

If you're strong, you're able to put a lid on all your emotions. Push that shit down and don't ever, ever let it surface. Don't give me that shit that it's not possible. It is possible -- for the strong.

You haven't considered "I don't feel like controlling it".

Weak.

Have fun having an emotional breakdown in a few years and developing a psychosis or two
You'll be a lot stronger then desu
Pretty solid bait though

Wizard 20: I don't feel like killing you without even moving.
Rogue 1: HAHA WEAK!

Is this too mini-maxy?

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1257519

I'll let you know how it works out.

>Have fun having an emotional breakdown in a few years and developing a psychosis or two
You're also a retard. Are you Espagnoll or someone?

Yes, I can. You're using a fallacy of illicit transference.

>Look at me I cast spells through my bonded item aren't I unique guess I don't need a personality

Speaking as someone who hasn't cried in over fifteen years and suspects his tear ducts don't even work, I've absolutely come to respect the notion that being able to cry in itself is a type of strength.

Sometimes it feels like my heart is trying to tear it's way out of my throat and I can't manage to find any expression in the mirror.

What is power if it is not used? Can it be said to be strength if it is not tested?

A what?
Also, nice argument.

>espagnoll

ah now there's a name.

>If you're strong, you're able to put a lid on all your emotions. Push that shit down and don't ever, ever let it surface.

This is why you don't have any real life friends.

>Not being a whiny fuckboi makes you go crazy
>The user calls the other post bait.

Something infants are born able to do isn't really an impressive feat. Sounds like you need to toughen up your mind, man. Get hard.

Howso? Crying is a sign of honesty - you refuse to lie to yourself about how you feel. But honesty can be weakness - you're UNABLE to lie when it matters. Or it can be tactless - you're not SUPPOSED to tell someone they look like a Troll's arse. Or it can be stupid - telling the officer you're using a fake passport is retarded. Or it can be virtuous - to speak the truth when it would benefit you to lie.

What kind of argument is this even

He's saying repression actually becomes an issue, which is true, but he's also retarded because he's exaggerating. The other poster is a baiting retard because he unironically believes in being le ebin Powerman "Strong Man".

>You don't cry like a bitch.
>You must have no friends.

Aggressively repressing your emotions is a really easy way to break something internal.

>all your emotions
Happiness is an emotion. Annoyance is an emotion. All your actions are affected by emotion and values which result in emotions; If I wanted to speak to an emotionless robot I'd talk to Cortana or Siri.

>What is power if it is not used?
Power currently not in use

>Can it be said to be strength if it is not tested?
Who makes the test?

it doesn't matter if a man is more or less powerful if he cries, for I am more powerful then all of you combined

>a muay thai master suddenly stops being dangerous because he isn't killing you right now
???

>Crying is a sign of honesty - you refuse to lie to yourself about how you feel.
>Implying people don't cry when they don't know how they feel.

user.............

this

>Writing homebrew class
>Realize that with ability scaling and the timing of its "talents" that it gets, I really only need a fluffy 8th level and 14th-level ability along with a capstone to have this thing in a mostly playable state
>Of course I have to fill out the talent list but that should be pretty easy

They don't. Confusion is an emotion; feeling overwhelmed is something that happens but still a feeling. You can't (actually) cry when you feel nothing, even if you don't know what it is you feel. I mean actors sometimes can, but even actors sometimes use tricks like specifically triggering a feeling and letting it boil over inside them, kind of like how some people can work themselves into a rage by turning anger over in their heads.

The idea that crying is weak is just arbitrary machismo. Crying is one of the few things science can agree on being a good practice, and while I do think it's good to suck things up and carry on when there're matters at hand, there's absolutely no reason to just hold back on it all of the time.

I spent a lot of years refusing to cry no matter what kind of shit happened in life and I regret it. Acting tough isn't worth shit, it's something little boys do and I hate how time I've spent acting like someone who just doesn't care. I'd wager I'd come off as a lot harder than most people in this thread, I've got scars enough out of looking it, but this attitude is why we've got uneducated gangsters and stupid militants.

Someone who can cry and pick themselves up has my respect. People are strong because they come back from their worse, not because they look tough at their best.

True man just gets drunk and beats his wife to relief emotional pressure

I don't know about you guys, but I make a conscious and extreme effort to never lose my shit for anything. My parents were very, very emotionally unstable and it was crap. I think it's repugnant to spill your spaghetti for any reason. I ain't saying to be an unfeeling robot, but I think it's better for people to keep their emotions dialed down really, really, really low. Not crying comes with that.

>Crying is one of the few things science can agree on being a good practice
No, science can agree that not repressing your emotions is a good idea; there is no evidence that crying is somehow a more effective means of relief than screaming into your pillow or just sitting in a stupor thinking through what happened.

Honestly how can someone call themselves a true man if they aren't locked up in chastity dressed like a girl and fucked in the ass by a woman with a strapon like come on guys.

Keeping your emotions in control is something you need to do, but keeping it in control also means knowing when to let it loose for a bit. Someone who can loosen his control to sperg about how fucking retarded his boss is at his friend or cry on his sister/brother's shoulder about his best friend getting hit by Truck-kun and tighten it again when it's time to move on is perfectly fine. LOSING control is different from loosening control.

Science also agrees that never reaching a boiling point at all is better than any other form of stress relief.

Like I said in it's better to just not feel that strongly in the first place. You won't have to cry or rage or work it out in some way if it just didn't bother you that much.

I guarantee all these desperate wannabe "tough guys" talking about how you shouldn't cry in a fucking general thread for a shitty game of pretend on an anime image board have never had anything actually genuinely bad happen to them in their sheltered lives lol

He's got a point

>Like I said in it's better to just not feel that strongly in the first place. You won't have to cry or rage or work it out in some way if it just didn't bother you that much.
That's not what he's saying, he's saying that he's actively pushing emotions he feels back. Also pic related.

Honestly? No, not really. The best thing to do is just feel less.

>the best thing to do is to be a cold robot who doesn't blink when his friend gets hit by a truck or when he's faced with a pay cut for literally nothing
>he's just above it all mang, got no personal attachments, feel so numb
Literally crawling.

Was this thread always full of stupid teenagers who pretend to know shit?

So I finally created my first character

He's a genius candy maker (alchemist) who flaunts his candies (extracts) as miracle cures for whatever ails you. In fact he's a compulsive liar and just selling ordinary candies. He only has so much magic and needs to save that for the demonstrations.