Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

/pol/ get out REEEEE edition

Last Thread >FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than the Emperor.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/28/farsight-the-author-speaks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The good guy.

second for farsight enclave rules
I wanna see what the hqs will be like since its hq the faction

Tell me about the celestial lions.

>Refills your pimp goblets for the new thread
Whoever the drawfriend is, please gib moar

t. commie scum

First for still no Deathwatch in Shadow Wars

Its like a normal Tau list with

Thats it.

Aint it guys?

Like a Dread Pirate Roberts thing?

He's wondering what the codex rules will be.

9 for alpharius

All I know is they tried to call out the Inquisition over some heinous human rights violations and have spent their time since being systematically ruined by "ork snipers". Their dwindling numbers are cause for great concern especially in spite of being decent fellows. Also they may or may not be black, but at least tend to have African-inspired naming conventions.

It's dead Jim.

Beats every other faction.
>tfw you're playing an anime protagonist in the grim darkness of the far future and trigger imperiumfags

You're right.

>Lions
>African

Well it fits.

A Carthage themed Chapter would be cool too. Hmm.

>farsight
>commie
Pick one.

No, we all agreed that any and all qts would be limited to one thread and never be brought up again. It's the only way we can avoid another cultist.

>you're shit mary sues and behave like shit mary sues and people don't like shit mary sues
>this is considered good to tauniggers

I liked the focus on his tactical acumen. His story reminded me a lot of the Ender series, which I loved.

If a unit of Lootaz is in an open topped Battlewagon, does the mobile fortress rule apply to them inside to fire at normal BS as well?

Bought rowboat, 2 primaris halves of the new starter and some special bits for my new primaris project. Pretty stoked.

Ya
They're all HQs and HQs are the fun things this edition.
Onager and Fusion Blades means melee HQ, there'll be a flamer and riptide HQ too

No. They don't have the rule. They are still firing, not the wagon for them, sadly.

>not eating your dead for sustenance and not sending men out to die without giving a shit is being a mary sue

I should read those books, but yeah he's got to be good to save a planet from nids with just 80 guys in suits.

Thank you

Lads, what's the point of the Land Raider Proteus now?

It's exactly the same as a normal land raider in stats, but for 8 points more you loose the front door and the twin heavy bolter. What's the point? Why would you take one over a regular Land Raider?

>behaving like a super duper hero sugoi no desu anime action hero in a far future where one wrong step can cause the death of billions isn't being a mary sue
People like you are the reason I'm almost sociopathic when it comes to crushing Tauniggers on the tabletop. I enjoy watching your smug asses crumble a bit too much.

Does 'modifiers' include the BS penalty?
That's the question for me

Alpha Legion

Is Robby G such a must take that I should make my primaris Ultras to get his bonuses?

Which chapter are you choosing and why?

did you read this
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/28/farsight-the-author-speaks/

Yes.

furk you!

>abloo bloo bloo, it's not grimdark
The tears are delectable.

Black Templars because best chapter and because manmob is so in this edition.

He is only a must take if you play Ultras already, no point swapping to Ultras just for him.

The only reason to swap to Ultras right now is because nobody else has chapter tactics yet and among the HQs, ultras have the best ones right now. Once you get bonuses for not being ultramarines, you may not want to pick them just to get an extra ability on Guilliman.

Remember that you can still use Guilliman and most of his auras without being Ultramraines.

>Lootas in battlewagons aren't going to be a staple ork unit anymore
Thanks for making orks orkier, 8th!

Working on my primaris alpha legion this long weekend. I'm stoked, hopefully I get my paint scheme ironed out. I'm considering going full angel giraldez nmm blue.

Under open-topped, it specifies that any modifiers that apply to the battlewagon also apply to the models firing from within
Mobile fortress is a modifier applying to the battlewagon, so I'd say yes, they do benefit.

>look at me mommy i'm a super action hero
I know that you have to practice your childlike tendencies somewhere but can you do it outside of a game that's generally oriented at people above the age of 13? Thanks.

They get called in to put down a rebellion, they come in, kick the shit out of everyone who is armed and the government, and leave

The inquisitor in charge of the operation decides the remaining population is still a threat and glasses the planet

Lions get pissed, send a delegation to earth to complain about the inquisition, the delegation mysteriously blows up in transit

They then get deployed to Armaggedon, only to endure friendly fire, wrong intel, sent on suicide missions, super accurate sniper fire from "orks", and they all die basically

Though I guess they get their own mini novel where they're quasi-alive with like hundred dudes, and their chapter master is a former squad sergeant

bretty kewl guys, second favorite chapter after lamenters

The eight all become separate hq choices.
Brightsword becomes good, bravestorm might be good and Arra'akon might be good as well

>giving him (yous)

>second favorite chapter after lamenters
You just love tragedy or hating yourself or something?

His model is ugly so no. I'm playing the chapter I've always played.

People who say Tau aren't grimdark, do you even lore?

They're a society of barbarians who would be at total, debilitating war with each other right now if left to their natural instincts, only held back because the vaguely parasitic super world leaders controlling them do it with actual mind control. Free will is an impossibility for most tau. The closest thing to good guys in the faction are outgunned by the true tau empire in the same way that the true tau empire is outgunned by the Imperium.

Tau are pretty grimdark. No, the main reason people hate tau fluff is that the Tau win, about as often as space marines do. And for the average 40kfag, anything that encroaches on the success of their special gary stu space fags is completely intolerable.

Yes they do, and here is why: the penalty is still there, the wagon ignores it because they've got the rule.

The riders do not. The penalty still applies.

Lamentersluts and Celestial Lioniggers are just masochists. Real kniggas pick Astral Knights.

Can you just imagine if Tau were humans instead of aliens?

We'd have super disciplined armies of skimpy loincloth type muscled Conan barbarians suited up in high tech armor with grav tanks, mecha, and railguns, an army of barbarian laborers, barbarian diplomats, etc.

They go down fighting the good fight

Also in a universe full of supermen who win everything and never lose, I have a soft spot for the guys who never win anything and just lose

Like how does it feel to be the worst space marine

At least their heart is in the right place

Why are all the best chapters extinct or endangered?

You're right. Open-Topped says they share any penalties and restrictions, but mobile-fortress certainly isn't either of those.

>even when talking about how something (like Tau) is bullshit, they have to change the topic to whining about marines

t. Taufag

The biggest reason people hate Tau is because of the faggots who play them.

Because the best space marine is a dead space marine.

Is there any hope for me to be able to fit a Knight in a 2000pt GK list and still be a workable list? The damn thing takes up 1/4th of the list. I've been considering selling the NoS one I bought before 8th dropped since I don't have any other Imperial armies for it to accompany.

I don't know where to start on any 40k novel series so I mostly make do eith codexes. Is that one good by itself?
It sounds like I'll be missing a lot of stuff.

Because Good is the hard path.

This post is like a muslim telling a bunch of white people why white people are scum and muslims get a bad rap.

Oh hey, pre heresy right? Also post pictures.

Nids actually. The faction that's perhaps been the most jobbed by the Tau in fluff.

>Astral Knights
Chapter's Fate

Sometime shortly after the destruction of the Necron World Engine and the loss of nearly the entire Astral Knights Chapter, an envoy of the newly-formed Sable Swords Chapter, led by 1st Company Captain Daegan, visited the world of Obsidia to inform the remaining Astral Knights that they were to claim stewardship of their fortress-monastery. The remaining Astral Knights, numbering only thirty Battle-Brothers, were led by the Chapter's last surviving Dreadnought, Brother Thade. Thade, angry at the thought of his proud and noble Chapter being so easily cast aside and replaced with a Chapter so young and inexperienced, nearly came to blows with Daegan, instead demanding what deeds could the Sable Swords offer the remaining Astral Knights. Daegan simply stepped aside, clearing a path from the chamber deep within the fortress and said: "Take a ship from here and ply the stars as the Astral Knights once did, before they set down roots in stone and iron. Fight on in the Emperor's name until you can fight no more, and when that day comes, know that in death your duty has ended." There are no known Imperial records that follow the Astral Knights in their final days.

>tfw ywn travel that galaxy with thirty battle brothers led by a dreadnaught to uphold the name of your dead chapter brothers

You prefer being soloed by Maugan Ra?

Good thing the loss of free will doesn't extend to their ally races.

But the battlewagon ignores the modifier for moving and firing heavy weapons, thus the modifier doesn't apply to the battlewagon, thus the units inside don't receive the modifier because the battlewagon doesn't.
Has there been any official clarification on this?

Tyranids are jobbed by everybody.

Except Ultramarines

They even get jobbed by orks who are the jobber faction.

Why enslave a population when you can sterilize it instead?

>They're a society of barbarians who would be at total, debilitating war with each other right now if left to their natural instincts

Wrong, you cunt. The Farsight Enclave has zero Ethereals in it. It's a democratic realm of harmony and unity. This revelation caused Farsight to question the need for the Ethereals.

>Free will is an impossibility for most tau.

Wrong, you bastard. This shoes that you read ZERO Tau novels. The Tau have free will and someone defied the Ethereals. Farsight's home Sept continues to honor Farsight despite what the Ethereals efforts. There are countless Farsight supporters in the Tau Empire. Kel'shan chief scientist lied to and disobeyed the Ethereals. Farsight debated and yelled at Ethereals.

To be fair the only thing that's interesting about tyranids is that they make a good measuring stick for how hard a faction that actually has character and/or a reason to get emotionally in them is.

Oh good, so now that your'e done crying about your 7E rules you can go back to crying about marines.

That summarizes Taufags pretty well

Unless you're tau.

No, the battlewagon recieves the penalty and ignores it. The penalty applies to the riders cus they aren't the wagon.

Onager Gauntlet
Str 12 AP-4 D6?

Fusion Blades
+1 to wound against

Tau aren't good.

Farsight may be.

I'm hyped for revivers to convert them into raptors for my alpha legion

Yeah, really needs to be stated if the passengers count as moving if the wagon does.
Technically, the Lootas AREN'T moving. By the rules, they're not even on the battlefield.

Are there any stories with inquisitors getting fucked right up by fellow imperials?

The farsight enclave also has the advantage of being surrounded, forcing his barbaric people to direct their aggression elsewhere. IIRC, they are in a constant state of war with Orks.

>Wrong, you bastard. This shoes that you read ZERO Tau novels. The Tau have free will and someone defied the Ethereals. Farsight's home Sept continues to honor Farsight despite what the Ethereals efforts. There are countless Farsight supporters in the Tau Empire. Kel'shan chief scientist lied to and disobeyed the Ethereals. Farsight debated and yelled at Ethereals.

"most tau"

Not that I'm aware of
Mass emails about this to GW now boyz

Only if you don't accept the greater good do you get spayed and neutered?
After all if you have kids they are raised in the greater good which only makes the empire stronger.

Continued....even Farsight after years of soul searching and investigating the Ethereals, realized that the Ethereals genuinely care about the Tau. Despite their secrecy and callousness, the Ethereals work to protect the Tau race and the Greater Good. It's a shade of gray situation between Farsight and the Ethereals.

The Tau do not sterilize anyone and they don't enslave (inb4 Vespids). Enslaved peoples don't get rights.

I don't play Tau but FE better have rules in its codex or supplement that either gives a detachment, formation, or unique rules that allow him to fit all 8 in one slot.

Well, pre heresy colours, loyalist and current time tho. I may go ham on rowboats model. I'm not big on the gilded parts all over it.

But they don't have to be the wagon, because any modifiers that apply to the wagon apply to the shooters, and the penalty to-hit for moving and firing heavy weapons doesn't apply to the wagon, so therefore it doesn't apply to the shooters. That's how I read it, anyway.

>Enslaved peoples don't get rights

Yes they do. Free people don't have rights withheld from them, which the Tau do do.

Its canon they do

>"most tau"

Most Tau rarely ever see the Ethereals. So you are full of shit.

>The farsight enclave also has the advantage of being surrounded, forcing his barbaric people to direct their aggression elsewhere. IIRC, they are in a constant state of war with Orks.

No, Farsight pacified the Ork Waaagh! and the Enclaves enjoy many years of peace.

The Tau on their own are no more barbaric than the humans and the Eldar. We have other Tau that were isolated from Ethereals for a long time. They still function as a people.

Good job Tyranidfag you've derailed the entire general to be about Tau. It's like we're in 2016 again.

>Japan is the land of the rising sun
>sun rises in the east
>tau are a candle of brightness in the darkness of the future, a rising power
>in the galactic east
Bravo GW.

Cool.

You're wrong.

Nah, it's not.

The Kroot and Vespids according to the 4th ED codex, have the same rights as the Tau.

Crisis Suits are known to plunge their fusion blades into their cockpits to prevent their sensitive interface technologies and Fire Caste pilot from being taken captive.

Tau are wannabe japanese. Weeaboos. Eldar are the real nips in 40k and they're also space kikes.

They sterilize people in their worlds that are not part of the greater good, and only after getting pressed into a ghetto then being shown the nice things of the greater good fail.

But do humans? No, they don't. Quit being purposely obtuse. Also don't use three fucking edition old lore as an argument during a time when Guilliman is fucking alive and Eldar are allies of humanity.

People are too easy. Though really, the tau aren't good.

yep, it is hilariously blatant
they even say the tau are a rising sun in the east sometimes

you came to the wrong place, guela

detachments in codices was confirmed

Wow thats so much better.

Alright, I'll see if I can find some official clarification one way or the other, but I'm definitely right.

Inquisitors fuck over inquisitors all the time, but non-inquisitors fucking over inquisitors? not that i know of