Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Commissar M.B edition

>Last Thread

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than the Emperor.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for DAILY REMINDER MANLETS WILL BE SQUATTED BY 9TH ED

WORLD
EATERS

KEEP pol in /pol

is table top simulator a good way to learn how to play the game?

Rate my 2000 points list

There's 2 dark lance raiders aswell

Gonna repost my list since the thread devolved into political shitflinging

Space Wolves
++SpearHead Detachment [1999/2000pts]++

+HQ+
Wolf Guard Battle Leader [98pts]
Frost Axe, Rune Armor, Storm Shield

Iron Priest [95pts]
Boltgun, ServoArm, Thunderhammer

+Elites+
Venerable Dreadnought [147pts]
Plasma Cannon/Great Claw w/ Storm Bolter

Dreadnought [133pts]
Assault Cannon/DCCW w/ Storm Bolter

+Troops+
Grey Hunters x9 [225pts]
Wolf Guard w/ Combi Melta, Powerfist
x2 meltagun, wolf standard

Grey Hunters x9 [183pts]
Wolf Guard w/ Combi Plasma
x2 Plasmagun

+Dedicated Transport+
Rhino [72pts]

+Heavy Support+
Long Fangs [177pts]
x2 lascannon, x2 missile launcher, storm bolter

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [331pts]
Storm Cannon, Siege Claw x2

Land Raider Crusader [306pts]
Multi melta

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought [232pts]
Anvillus Autocannon Array, Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin Heavy Bolter

How well would this work? Also any ideas on how to model the atomantic pavaise for the deredeo, when I get it going to magnetize it for all options

>good way to learn how to play the game?
As long as you can find a person who know the game to play with you.

Yes.
Just join discord to find opponents.

threadly reminder

I guess I will have to do what Says considering I know no one

I have a problem with the new rules for my loved SM drop pods. Most people say that you can deep strike via drop pod and the unit is able to move after disembarking.
But 'At the end of any of your Movement phases this model can perform
a drop pod assault...' sounds for me like the unit can't move because the drop pod assault happens at the end of the movement phase, so when everything has moved. I don't know what they intended to say. If the disembarking unit is able to move normaly why even say 'at the end of the movement phase'? What do you think?

anyone can redpill me on how to paint the helmets for the ultrasmurfs?

If their intention was for the embarked unit to be able to move after disembarking, the drop pod assault would happen during the movement phase, not at the end.

That's what it would imply to me, too - that you can't move after dropping.

What are you struggling with?

You won't have many guys to cap objectives, unless you place all your troops in the Tantalus and use that. I believe it can take 16 now; use your other vehicles to shield it.

mostly the vet heads, how to paint the white over chaos black is fucking with me, and how to paint it over the red

Thank you guys.

i've never painted spehs muhreens before, so I'd like some help since I just started with the new dark imperium box

Not the user before, but if you need some general basic tips, then there are some good tutorials in the Mega links on top.

And if you look for the tips of how to paint White Scars, then it should show you a good way about white armour painting.

Post results whenever you´re done or need an opinion, user.

>mostly the vet heads, how to paint the white over chaos black is fucking with me, and how to paint it over the red
Never tried, but I would paint the whole helmet white and then paint only the non-white parts black or blue or whatever.
Also it helps if u start with a light grey and paint over that with white

Don't paint white over black, use a grey or white primer, at least on the head.

Start with grey, something like ulthuan grey or vallejo sky grey, then highlight with white after using a black or blue shade on the recesses.

Same goes for white over red, start grey, work up to white.

This is good advice, user. Why work from black to white? That's crazy talk.

Cheers lads, I'll go over it with ulthuan grey and give it a highlight of white scar, I'll post results when i get them done and finish building my nurgle lads, look out for ultrasmurfs in the coming threads

In addition to what others are saying, masking tape is your friend when doing stripes etc.

Are Plague Marines any good? They don't do much damage, have few models and feel like a troop tax.

They're ded 'ard, though, and make great screens for shit that actually does damage, plus the special weapons you put on them live a lot longer.

Stop namefagging. No one cares that you live on a barely existent rock

The box comes with a few of them, I really like the sculpts desu

is it viable to run all Death Guard then?

>what is meeting other maltese people who play wargames
I've seen another one here, and i'll be using it to post my numarines here, whats with the butthurt user

Any response about Lootaz and Battlewagons?

He is probably a butthurt taufag

Tau are actually balanced now though.

New WAAC faction is Orks.

Why are Orks OP now?

GW and store managers were surprised to see Death Guard win something like 80% of Dark Imperium games at Warhammer World and Origins.

I wouldn't be shocked if Distgustingly Resilient is nerfed to only ignore wounds on a 6.

>I like to point out things which any retard can tell is going to happen herpdedurp

Wew laddy boi.

any idea what they were using for AV?

In new edition, hordes are OP since you simply cannot delete blobs with templates and autokill.

The way it is 'meant' to be balanced is that big blobs get cucked by morale, however orks are immune to morale for all intensive purposes.

Lots of factions can horde spam, that in itself isn't OP, it's the combination with morale immunity.

If you were to design 500 point armies of Eldar, GK, and/or IG for the purposes of teaching the game, what would you field?

Sorta. You can't use termies, so you have to use Poxwalkers as the living shields. Also, you can't take Typhus or Necrosius unless Death Guard is your legion word. But both of them are incredible.

>all intensive purposes
(You)

IG: Commander, 2x Troops, LRBT, maybe a HWS to fill in points if there's still any floating around

I planned on using both to make them harder to deal with. Throwing in a predator and Sicaran.

>Keeping this meme going
W
E
W

hordes are only OP if you can ignore or counter morale tho.

Fucking only faction that can DS to within 9".

AV?

Anti Vehicle

>tfw love cultists
>tfw the only horde that has NO immunity to morale at all
feels terrible man

For teaching purposes, you want a little bit of everything. Take psykers to show off the psychic phase. Take vehicles to show the importance of armored warfare. Etc. But, leave out deep strikers. I found that when teaching new players it's important to not overwhelm them with choice paralysis. Maybe ease in with that stuff eventually.

Orks and all Eldar have lots of low-point models you can use to field small yet effective armies.

Abaddon makes them immune

thats what i've been rolling with but it's hard to cram all of them inside his bubble whilst keeping the units seperated
might use a dark apostle or 2 instead

Tyranids can do it too

Well there aren't any vehicles in the starter box but Death Guard have one plasma gun, plasma pistol, powerfist, and krak grenades. I don't remember the stats on the Lord of Contagion's axe.

Probably the Start Collecting boxes. They have a good mix of troops, a big elite unit, and an HQ

How is it a meme? Not him.

If you don't mind proxying the farseer on jetbike as a farseer on foot, the below can be put together with a start collecting box plus a guardian box:
>farseer with singing spear - 120
>10 guardian defenders with HWP (missile launcher) - 110
>3 windriders with shuriken cannons - 96
>fire prism with shuriken cannon - 170
>total - 496
Or you can build a night spinner instead, which changes the total to 493 points.

Blight drone is a vehicle
Plague axe thing is S+3, AP -3, D 3

Why are Crisis Suits so... shitty?

For the price of 3 suits I can get 2 commanders. The only thing that Crisis are good for is flamers.

You are right.
Commanders need a points increase by a good 25%

I think Commanders aren't the problem

Crisis should probably be bumped up to BS3+

No the axe is S+2,

Because as usual, tg is shit at mathhammer. There are plenty of ways to deal with hordes. Saying hordes are OP is just plain false.

Okay Here we go both my lists together for the Narrative things. Please any advice on any weaknesses I have bred into the lists, tactical advice on what to watch out for, and everything of that nature is greatly appreciated.
[1/2]

Go on then

This is the defense list that will be used anytime any of the other players
[Tau, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Ork] attack one of my territories on the map.

I recently got into the hobby and I have messed up one of the first minis I assembled by overpriming (with army painter primer) so details got hidden. Is there anyway to clean up the mess?

Such as?

>Implying they will ever get rid of their best-selling kits

>The way it is 'meant' to be balanced is that big blobs get cucked by morale, however orks are immune to morale for all intensive purposes.
It's a doggy dog world out there, deal with it.

Get a leviathan. Does damage proportional to enemy unit size. GG

Yes, dump it in some flavor of pure alcohol, leave it for a bit, then scrub it with an old brush.

Sorry I don't play DLC and even if I did I don't play Poster Boys.

>needing p2w FfW shit to deal with bog standard GW units

>europoor cucks who need sleep

kek
What do you play?
The honest answer to hordes is to field one or two tarpits of your own. The issue is people want to field all the new big tanks and monsters but they're all countered by blobs and people will muhmathhammer. Just don't be stupid in game. If a horde and a monster are locked in a vacuum the math checks out. That won't be the case on the table.
As a nid player who mostly enjoys nidzilla I just took two blobs of gants/devilgsnts split. Super cheap and with good positioning I haven't worried about boyz in a while.

you can't take two siege claws on a leviathan and you have to buy 2 heavy flamers for it.

Your landraider has to take 2 hurricane bolters.

If it's a metal model, aceton will do the trick very nicely.

Otherwise, try cleaning products. Ethanol, white spirit, ammonia, that kind of stuff. Don't overdo it, plastic/resin are only slightly more resistant to those that the paint itself.

Thanks, gotta get me some absolute ethanol from the lab then.

>p2w

well, you kind of have to buy your models anyway, and if there's imbalances in the core GW units it kind of invalidates any point about FW being imbalanced

You can take 2 siege claws...

Does acetone work better than ethanol? It's a plastic model and acetone might be too aggressive.
Could I soak the brush with the organic solvent and gently scratch to prevent overdoing it instead or does it have to be soaking for a while?

Mah bad

mind you it doesn't work on resin/finecast models, just a heads up, as the resin will absorb the alcohol and turn rubbery before cracking apart

acetone would fuck the plastic

acetone will straight up melt the model.

It's 13:00 or 14:00 is Europe.

So do orkoids not need to breathe?

are genestealer cults any good?

Aceton works better than ethanol. It will strip the paint from the plastic. It will also strip the plastic from the plastic. Don't do it.

How does it feel not having the best transport in the game?

So I'm still trying to pick an army.

Those crossed out in black are ruled out. Those in red are only ruled out due to cost. The rest are possibilities.

But holy shit I can't choose.

They're too stupid to know that they need to, so they don't.

Shut up with your P2W crap.

They do, they just magic up an atmosphere with squigs and fungus and/or build forcefields.

Yes, let's give them a higher BS than even riptides or the stormsurge.
Or... not. Tau as BS 4+ is intended as a balance measure. It either makes you spend the points on markerlights to shoot better (but less guns) , or buy more guns but miss a lot. So their firepower won't completely break the fucking game.
Deal with it

Only if you play Power where they aren't costed properly. I think competitively they're lacklustre if you plan on taking them to tournaments.

Doesn't stop them from being cool tho

But that's not a venom.