/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------
β€œIt is the thirty-second century, and mankind is once again... what the hell is going on now?” edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!
Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-06-22 - Still getting worked on & now has 13349 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-06-06!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BattleTechUniverseGuide-1.pdf)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=57997.0
youtube.com/watch?v=cO3MttgvHUY
youtu.be/MbvJtznqkBE
youtu.be/NiaDSWzY9HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you handle your conventional forces, /btg/?

Usually in a foam case.
Care to elaborate on what you mean?

When you design a campaign, do you have a lot of tanks and infantry that are assigned to guard pathways PCs might take advancing through the campaign? Like maybe a lance of tanks with a platoon of infantry at a border crossing, or a company of mixed vehicles and some platoons guarding a lesser asset like a petroleum plant or something.
I like to do both of those things, and sometimes give the players the ability to choose what targets they can assault. I plan ahead giving their enemies probably a battalion or more of random vehicles as fluff for them to fight from time to time. Sometimes I add a few bugs in the mix too.

As fire support to my mechs, occasionally as big swarm to harass the enemy.

with lubed up oven mits

Like RPG campaigns? 'cause I've never played nor run a straight wargame campaign.

...but for my RPGs, I do use conventional forces frequently, especially when the PC force is light. My most recent campaign had the players in all bug-mechs. Unfortunately the group disbanded before I could even get them all around the table on the same night, but the game still worked. I gave them a lot of advantages, but did help the players feel like the 20-ton wimpbots had some oomph to them. I also beefed them up with a bunch of Scorpions and Vedettes.

How is the beta for the new Battletech vidya? Decent? Will it do for BT what DoW did for 40k?

Is there a way to get in it for free?

It's decent, though like anything else here, mention of it will trigger SOMEBODY. There's still some huge balance issues to work out, (like being unable to see a target at AC/20 range with no terrain between you), but id-ing and fixing that stuff is what a beta is for anyway.

And no, there isn't.

As a conventional force.

A) Infantry on APCs everywhere
B) Air superiority
C) Artillery and out-of-sight LRM carriers spotted for by infantry everywhere.
D) Armored fist to clobber or displace enemy forces once tied to position.
E) Direct support fire with long range weapons demolish woods, hide to attract rushes, kill off big targets once they are engaged at closer range.
F) Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion-

Hey /btg/, is there any book that might have enough information on the Republic of the Sphere to make an actual army out of, or did one of the best groups get ganked too soon by the stupidity that was Dark Ages?

If there's no decent listing of 'these were usually used in this army' for the Republic Armed Forces, should I just use whatever strikes me as proper?

FM:3145 has the RAF RATs, which can be summed up as "anything they get their hands on."

And given they have at least one or two clans involved (I know the remnants of Nova Cat ended up joining at least) that can be expanded to literally anything, I take it?

Not quite literally everything, but a significant amount of gear. They probably don't have working interface cockpits, for example.

>How do you handle your conventional forces, /btg/?
With AP and Flak ammo.

or do you mean when I control them?

Like how these guys answered.

Hey guys, i'm new to battle tech.
Is it worth getting into the "Fluff"? I was into 40k, but I really like the idea of big stompy mecha.

Depends on who you ask, and which Era you ask about.

Jihad is what's being played at my LGS.

BT has a lot of era partisans, where X and before is the golden age, and everything after is irredeemable trash.
Allowing that its genre fiction, and that writers have committed some hilarious implausibilities over the years, I actually think that the BT fluff is the best of any game I know of. It's certainly the most detailed.

>Hey guys, i'm new to battle tech.
>Is it worth getting into the "Fluff"? I was into 40k, but I really like the idea of big stompy mecha.

I don't know that it's really worth getting *that* deep into it. For me, anyway, knowing anything more than the 10,000 foot view of the universe was extranous - it didn't make you PPC's shoot any straighter, or increase the number of missiles that connected with the enemy's left torso.

It's not like 40K, where you would pick a favourite army and spend a lot of time assembling and painting it up, but anything else was just HERESY... it's more about the stompy robots themselves, and in many cases, you could argue that just about any force one one side of a game could end up with one mech or another according to your personal wishes.

It depends?

Just read the free BT universe guide (battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BattleTechUniverseGuide-1.pdf) and decide which era or faction interests you the most, then maybe read some shit on Sarna about it, and then MAYBE if you like it start reading the novels. You don't need to know a shitton of intricacies to play the game.

I feel ya, i'm falling in love with the rediculousness of the mecha. They're so great.
my 40k army is an ork dreadmob

With regards to the 22nd Freebirth Cluster of the Smoke Jaguars, what are some possible origin stories for Jag freebirths to be allowed to fight?

Given their Clan's history of being hardcore about trueborn status.

Being a gay lover of a trueborn commander.

Desperation as their forces are being wiped out by Operation Bulldog and Taskforce Serpent.

Galaxy Commander Howell.

I don't think the Clans care about sex stuff.

Strangely the freebirth cluster appears before then, and at the time of the Jaguar's death even the Howell conspirators didn't raise freeborn troops that we know of.

Scorpions remind me, they have the "poor sealing" trait. Where should I look for rules on chemical weapons and the like, and how they might effect vehicles like this?

Shame the novels tend to not be great, and most of them are fairly old.

With such a vast aetting youxd think more novels would be on the works. Of course they only seemed to have like 3 writers working on them.

>Republic
>Best groups

Stoners are garbage. They in fact ARE the major stupidity and major cause of everything bad Dark Age plotwise.

Novel length short story compilations come out once a year.

Are they going to inlude non-Mech forces?

Yes. It's got some of the most expansive fluff for a setting. The people that say no either don't like pulpy scifi or are weenies intimidated by thirty years of backlog.

Well, that's a given. They're the major focus of absolutely everything in the entire storyline, the explicit cause of the blackout and the sudden disappearance of central authority, and thus pretty much every major occurrence in the setting.

However, when looking at their hardware base, I find myself enjoying the Republic forces. Both playing with, and against.

I was hoping someone else would post it in the forums. I haven't used my account there in like five years.

Combat vehicles will feature in the campaign as npc forces, yes. Aerospace assets will appear in some supporting form, supposedly, though exactly how has not been made clear.

>When I design a campaign
It depends on the force using them and the Strat/Tac skill of the defending commander. Militia and pirates will both tend to deploy a lot of vees in defensive positions. Pirates are worse on the defense; milita, on offense. Pirates will usually only take along recovery vees and scout VTOLs when raiding, leaving the "work" to 'Mechs most of the time. Gotta love them hands.

With House forces I'll assign vees as appropriate to the individual house's preferences, but they usually wind up in defensive formations. Or, in the case of VTOLs and hovers, when there's a blue-water scenario that 'Mechs will have problems with.

When I'm >playing< a Vee-heavy force, I tend to work with packs of similar vees and use them to channel enemy forces. You can get some serious flexibility out of them too - a couple Partisans is way better in almost any era than wasting a decent 'Mech on AA duty. Note that neither the Rifleman nor the Jagermech are "decent" in this context... Things like Hetzers make great, cheap spoilers or bodyguards for support lances. That sort of thing.

Incidentally, the Partisan is also a fucking excellent anti-vehicle unit, in all its incarnations. Load 'er up with some AP ammo. The -2 on the chart is a lot less punishing when you're hitting 2-3 times a turn, and the buckshot version is just cruel.

You're gonna love these then. The righthand model in the pic is basically a BT Hussar. Also consider running a Periphery force or the Escorpion Imperio/Neuvo Castille...

Chemical weapons are in Interstellar Ops with the other Era Rules, and also in the Re-Unification War books. There's some chem-warfare stuff in TacOps but they hid the majority of the WMDs in IO to throw the moral watchdogs off the trail.

>However, when looking at their hardware base, I find myself enjoying the Republic forces. Both playing with, and against.

Their hardware base is thin, spastic and terrible in 3130, but charming in a Succession Wars way. A mix of downteched old jihad machines, new clan killbots, industrials pressed into service sometimes without the decency to even mount guns to them and a shitload of fancy tanks and downteched battle armor. Not particularly distinct though as most of what they make are chassis they share with other states like the Dracs.

Late DA, they get all the fancy Comstar tech plus all the Devil's Rock projects. They still have a teeny tiny overall force though.

You know what they kind of are army-wise? Like somebody dumped a Periphery State right smack in the middle of the Inner Sphere and gave them Blakist military R&D.

Where is the proof they caused it? I thought the entire point of Gray Monday was that no one knew what caused the Hyper Pulse network to go down.

lost the pic to capcha, my bad

How do I simplify the game so I can run a campaign with multiple mechs, tanks and not require 3 pages of taxes for each vehicle every round?

Not him but we know what caused it to go down, just not who. Apparently, it wasn't the Republic's own main secret SHPG network since they needed that free for Fortress. That's not to say they didn't have another one.

What intrigues me is that McKinnon knew stuff about it that neither Redburn or VSD knew.

Use MekHQ for unit lists in GM mode and just repair all your shit in it when it's convenient? Like, when you're out of dangerous situation just make a few rolls for the most difficult items and such.

So wait, I've been looking into it and can' find anything about what caused it, or are you talking about the crazy ass virus?

It's an SHPG protocol called Clarion Call that somehow disturbs hyperspace and causes HPG cores in the affected area to fall out of tune and basically tear themselves apart when they try to power up.

This all because they're using old Star League protocols to tune the HPG's that don't take into account such a big flux. Every single mobile HPG in the Inner Sphere still works fine because they adjust on the fly.

Huh. Thanks for filling in those blanks, user.

>being unable to see a target at AC/20 range with no terrain between you

Wait, what? How is that even possible? LOS is something like 60 hexes.

The attraction of the Republic of the Sphere hardware, for and against, is that they are a clean slate faction. A fresh turn of page, with some natural exceptions.

The most immediate result on the tabletop is that there's a faction consisting entirely of new food. It is entertaining, but more than just that, it is so in a way that avoids both the clan crisis of badly handled power creep, as well as the jihad's problem of extremely cautious bv costing. These are, generally speaking, normal battlemechs, omnimechs, ASFs, BA, vehicles and the like, in new patterns. Some of them are very old-feeling, in terms of similarity to existing hardware, but they all still represent something tangible, explodable new material.

>Will it do for BT what DoW did for 40k?

Haha, sorry, no. BT is slow, plain, ugly, clunky, has the soundscape of a low budget crocheting club, and most of all completely without a competitive multiplayer element. It's more like a poorly modernized Battle Chess with none of the sense of humour.

And even worse voice acting. Worse than metal boxes. Worse than EMPRAH. Just shrieking that comes across as unmotivated, unmotivating, shrill and most importantly disjointed from the combat.

sosalty.jpg

Granted, I type that having only seen some footage of the beta, having not played it.

Not in the vidya (by default)

there he is

W-what? This is the first time I ever comment on the BT vidya.

I can't help it. It bores me. Megamek is a rave compared to it, simply because I don't have to deal with the slogging and bad directing in it.

>they all still represent something tangible, explodable new material.

None of that honestly existed until post-wall though. RotS was a mix of stuff they got from other people or legacy production they decided to keep around, even if some variants were specific to the RotS. Post-wall also means we've seen zero of it in action outside spoiling raids.

So, I stumbled across another retarded moment in Dark Age looking for the fate of one of the actual fun characters from the novels.

Remember how Count Conner Monroe, ex Knight and loyalist supreme, made backup plans for joining the Dracs if Markab was going to fall? You know, since his mom was the head of a merchant Drac family and his people were Azami?

Apparently CGL decided he fought the Dracs instead when they invaded and died a horrible death. Because that makes sense.

Do you like motorcross?
Do you like battletech?
Then I've got the story for you!

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=57997.0

Worth expanding on:
When I think vehicles, usually, I think of Militia and security forces. The militia needs to have defensive forces all over the planet, or at least all over the continent, so that they can respond to any incursions from opposing dropships. That makes mechs a bit prohibitive due to the cost, as well as needing to get trained warriors, plus not any joe off the street has the right constitution to become a warrior in the first place. Tank crews, on the other hand, can be crewed by pretty well any band of hobos with a few months of training, you can afford to have more of them (Especially if you're buying from Quikscell), by design they tend to excel in only a few environments, and they can still give some mechs a run for their money in the right situations. This makes them the much more logical choice for Militias. Maybe a lance... a company tops of militia mechs that are privately owned by landholders... but overall a mainly conventional force, especially since they know what terrain they'll be fighting on defensively, they can prepare the right kind of vehicles to suit... like a swampy wooded world isn't going to be investing heavily in Striker tanks, for example. Sometimes I even homebrew (for RPGs only) some "tanks" using the support vehicle rules to act as on-planet made combat vehicles, usually with little more than machine guns, BM rifles, rocket launchers, and maybe some surplus components like SRM 2s.

The bigger official regiments, however, I almost always have them using 'mechs. Bouncing from planet to planet, they don't have the privilege of knowing what landscapes are in store for them, so having a heavily mech-based force is a must. I might supplement it with vehicles, but a peek at the regiment's Field Manual blurb would give me an idea of how the regiment equips their forces. One might be high tech with well maintained gear, the other having to use less-than-legal suppliers to stay alive.

>Is there a way to get in it for free?
It doesn't seem like anybody uploaded the skirmish beta to torrent sites yet.

Most of those complaints sound like opinion. I've seen it and it looks fine, and the interface seems pretty slick. I've only heard the voice acting through my TV so can't really comment there. But I can already say that it's betten than a lot of the shit in DoW.

Also
>no competitive multiplayer
It's in a fucking beta, dude.

the game keeps crashing and shutting down my computer.

>Better voice acting than DoW

MMM, no.
youtube.com/watch?v=cO3MttgvHUY

DoW voices have the perfect blend of camp, drama, and ham to be truly memorable. While BT might have decent voice acting from a technical perspective, I doubt anyone will remember the pilots or other characters outside of the game.

Check the crash logs in the install directory.

I'll grant that the voice acting is pretty uninspired, but god knows I wanted there to be no multiplayer at all as it'll take development time away from an in-depth single player campaign.

It's not going to be as popular as DoW, if only because it doesn't have the same kind of budget as DoW. Pretty much every 40K game is going into development with massive budgets to start with. HBS is a small-scale company that makes good games, but they're not accompanied by Hollywood-grade CGI trailers. Hell, they didn't even design their own mechs for the game, they got the rights to use MWO's.

...but from what I can tell from what I've played, the game IS fun. It will be a lot MORE fun when there are more mechs and an actual story mode, but even right now with what amounts to "Instant action", it's still a fun romp. It's not going to get press through anything but a few banner ads and word of mouth though. Even the hype trailer...
>youtu.be/MbvJtznqkBE
...looks more like the sort of animation they use to hype Magic the Gathering blocks.
>youtu.be/NiaDSWzY9HM

The game itself though is up in the air. For all the hype that people have for multiplayer, you never hear about people being excited about the gameplay or the mechanics... even the graphics are a footnote, because titles that rely on graphics for sales go the way of sports games - direct to bargain bin. We remember the characters and the stories. If HBS does a good job with that, it'll be on Veeky Forums's recommended lists. If not... well, at least it was better than MWO.

It might be an issue with a corrupted install. Send me the files so I can test it.

>It's in a fucking beta, dude.

Not an excuse. It's shit.

>as it'll take development time away from an in-depth single player campaign.
Multiplayer is literally all about getting your netcode to work properly to handle the skirmish game. It's not that big a development time consumer; in fact, if they do it right, they won't even handle the netcode development with the campaign and programming staff. It's a wholly different challenge from doing a proper campaign.

The single player concept sounds way, way too ambitious though. I feel like it'll be like Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, where you theoretically have options to fighting all around the galaxy, but functionally you basically have like 2 or 3 choices at a time. Pilot customization is probably just Xcom 2 level, so there isn't likely to be "character" development of your pilots. And I doubt that the plot will offer much player choice for major decisions.

It's one of the most enjoyable parts.
Of course, it has varying degrees of camp, don't expect books with high critical praise, this is lore to a tabletop game about mechs, after all.

...but reading the books - the good ones anyway, gives you a good from-the-ground perspective on the universe and helps you to relate with the characters that would otherwise be nothing more than RPG stats on a page.

So my suggestion is "Yes".

Starting with older novels is often a good route, since they go in with the assumption that nobody knows about the setting, while the newer ones are a bit self-referential and made for established fans. Not impossible to get into, but you might be left with questions.

Starting from the Mechwarrior Dark Age novels is another possibility for a starting point, but because they were written with clix in mind, there is a dramatically different feel about those novels than the Battletech ones.

There is plenty of e-pub available. Good starting points are Decision at Thunder Rift, the Warrior trilogy, and Wolves on the Border. The Blood of Kerensky is another good starting point, but I don't suggest taking that one on until you've read the Warrior trilogy first, since it's more or less the sequel due to a lot of shared characters.

I haven't got suggestions for the Dark Age novels though. I always felt like the early books I read were trying too hard to mash the Succession wars up with the Clan invasion to make some weird lore-chimera.

Ah, worth mentioning though:
Don't be mistaken... the novels don't read like an RPG replay or a megamek after-action report. A good 90% of the book is going to be interpersonal relationships, political manoeuvring, building a setting, and having the main characters get out of tough situations that aren't inside of a mech. Mech battles tend to be reserved for the climax of the book.

I dunno, I get really tired of Battletech lore after the Smoke Jaguars get Annihilated. It's just a fucking mess.

Why? It's not like anything of importance was lost.

>because they were written with clix in mind, there is a dramatically different feel about those novels than the Battletech ones

Point of order, the people and places (other than a couple major lore fuckups in the early books) are still very Battletech, but the combat and the composition of forces is what just feels off and wrong for the most part.

I would say this finally dies away right after The Scorpion Jar/Sword of Sedition Republic Civil War Two-Parter. The whole RotS Civil War Trilogy ending with Fortress Republic is like a transition from clicktech to old school Battletech. In the first one you still have crap like running overheating a virgin machine and tankdropping memes but by the time you see Julian vs. Conner on Ronel you can hear the dice clattering like an old Stackpole book.

This is probably why people talk so much about The Scorpion Jar even though on it's own it's not super great. It's just the place where you really feel the helm bringing the old girl back about.
I hate the FCCW retardation too, but mid-late Jihad and late DA are fun as fuck. You gotta push through the early silly bits unfortunately though. Jihad also relies more than any other period on you actually knowing the old small power blocks and planets, so you get a lot more out of it if you're coming into it as an old hand who gets excited when you hear shit like the Blakists having restored Fortress Dieron to full operation when you remember the Dracs were locked out of 90% of the place and had mostly been using it for storage for centuries.

Cincy made that particular campaign fun as fuck in real life realtime too.

Have you played the HBS Shadowrun titles?
That's more or less what I'm expecting to find in the game. Talking with your crew, finding out about them, learning their quirks and whatnot. Getting on their good side or bad side...
Are we going to get Mass Effect levels of it? Unlikely. Still, going by what HBS has already done gives you an idea of what to expect from their other games.

Up 'till now, only Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance tried to do much in the ways of character development for your lancemates, though MW2 Mercs and MW1 put more energy into drawing you into the setting as a warrior, they were mainly focusing on you. Other titles didn't even bother with char-dev. Maybe some smarmy quips from your lancemates about "BANDEEEEEEETS!", and that's it.

As far as what planets you get to pick and what contracts you take, yeah, you're probably right on that one, though I am pretty sure they're doing a random contract generation system for if you don't want to play in their periphery horseland. That's an inevitable limitation to these kinds of games. You can only program so much in. The big sprawling games that are famous for their open world cost more money than hollywood blockbusters to make, and even those are still bug-riddled messes most of the time.

I don't expect this game to be a Gamemaster substitute, but a compelling romp in the Battletech universe with memorable characters and fun, memorable missions is all I ask for at this time.

I have Shadowrun Returns on Steam, but I've never installed it.

I just feel like the writers started writing characters and events to force things to happen in a certain way, ignoring previous events, established character personalities, and common fucking sense. Like the FCCW and the Wars of Reaving.

Eh? The Reaving was an inevitability based on the Clans histories even as early as 3060. The FCCW too, once Victor learned that Katherine was responsible for their mother's assassination.

Wars of Reaving gets a lot of love from a lot of people but I never really thought it was a good idea. I miss the days when we just had scattered info from DA novels of horrible stuff happening generations back that nobody talked about and the hints we got in the early Jihad material of shit going down in the Homeworlds.

The Hellions showing up out of nowhere with a ragtag Battlestar Galactica style fleet and desperately trying to carve an OZ out of Falcon Territory was nothing less than chilling in the hotspots books.

I would have preferred it all remained a mystery until the Homeworlders showed back up.

But Victor didn't do anything in the FCCW. He went off to become Precentor-Marshal or whatever. It was just Katrina messing around with her cousins who were supposed to be ruling instead and plot-armoring her way to power.

The Reaving was more an issue of it not even really relating to anything ideological, it was all just a power grab that ended up thinning out the lore and removing the threat of the Clans for 80+ years.

Shadowrun Returns was fun... sticks to standard Shadowrun setting of Seattle. Lays down the basics. It feels a bit hollow, but more than anything feels a bit like like it was written by a GM, which is pretty neat. It was definitely a huge step up from Mitch's previous Shadowrun title, the X-box multiplayer FPS...

People say that Dragonfall is the best of the series. I've not finished it. Not because it's bad, but because I decided to install it on my phone and don't think that I can port the save files from my phone's Google Play -bought version to Steam's version. I haven't been able to find any sort of guides to that. My phone is way too weak to keep up with it and loading times, battery drain, and really small display meant for a computer monitor are what keep me from playing more often.

Playing SR: Hong Kong as well on an older laptop. It's also a fun title, and they did some pretty cool stuff to the decking system this time around. You can talk to all the shopkeeps who all have their own backstories and personalities... sometimes giving out sidequests... I'm definitely enjoying it, but taking it a bit at a time.

Does Shadowrun Seattle have a $15 minimum wage?

>But Victor didn't do anything in the FCCW.
Having been outmaneuvered, he decided rather than plunge the FedCom states into war to walk away. It was the wrong decision, and a war started anyway, and he joined the effort once he realized that. The bad writing was all Coleman adding superfluous Capellan involvement. Newsflash Loren, no one gives a fuck about the worst faction, Chinaboo.

>The Reaving was more an issue of it not even really relating to anything ideological, it was all just a power grab that ended up thinning out the lore and removing the threat of the Clans for 80+ years.
So... business as usual? The Clans have never really used any ideology beyond "Clans are best" for anything more than power plays. Even the people involved admit the initial Reavings are a way to get back at the Invader Clans, while the Scientists were pissed their petri dish was making its own decisions. If that came as a shock to you, you're buying into the Clans own bullshit.

Whether it does or not, it's got a sizable number of people risking their lives breaking into megacorporations while armed to the teeth to steal things for other megacorporations, in order to make ends meet.

Whether it does or doesn't, it's clearly not living wages.

>The bad writing was all Coleman adding superfluous Capellan involvement.
Wasn't the only thing the Capellans did was conquer the St. Ives Compact or something? I don't even remember.

>Cincy made that particular campaign fun as fuck in real life realtime too.

What does this mean?

Tormano Liao is Katherine's advisor for some nebulous reason, and in Endgame (The last novel in the series and for the FCCW), Victor puts some troops that Sun Tzu graciously lent him on Tikonov, who proceed to immediately wipe out the Victor loyalist troops on the planet and claim it for the CapCon.

That was the Fortress Dieron canon event where they played the Blakists and did stuff like shoot down an incoming dropship with a single infantryman by forcing a control roll.

It makes JTP:Dieron hilariously disjointed because you see the Stoners massing for a clobbering only for the Blakists to kick their asses, and it's only the in-between battle stuff where the Blakists are losing and getting pushed back.

How would you know? No one's torrented it for your broke ass.

>Such retarded writing even the forum going normies are calling him out.

Bueno.

>Being in beta is not an excuse for being incomplete.

Keep triggering them almonds torrent user.
>inb4 only pretending to be retarded

Bascially the Cincinnati battletech team went to Gencon for like 10 years straight when the demo team was running Blake-centric canon games, and proceeded to shit all over the pre-written plotline. Every year, things got even more ridiculously stacked against the Blake team (Cincy) because the Blakists were supposed to lose, and every year the Cincy guys found ways to win, and win hilariously convincingly. So in the fluff, the Blakists suddently lose, even though every single event that should have determined canon had the Blakists winning by ludicrous margins.

IIRC, NEA was talking about the last game they played in the series, and they Blakists had to charge across like 30 hexes of totally open ground against a base guarded by a dug-in assault tank company of Demolishers and Alacorns, a dug-in company of heavy and assault Mechs, and the defenders were recieving heavy and assault mechs as reinforcements. Pic related. The Blakists started the game with a double company of medium Mechs and got only a single lance containing any assault Mechs at all the whole day (plus a Level 2 of Celestials during the last hour of the game or something).

They also did shit like the aforementioned "shoot down a fully loaded dropship with 1 infantryman", collapse a nuclear reactor on a ton of civilians the coalition was supposed to save (so the allies couldn't win the scenario; the Blakists weren't allowed to shoot at the civilians, so they shot the building all the civilians were in instead), and outright bribed the Bounty Hunter and his unit (with a dropship and the Celestials onboard) to leave them alone during a critical point in one fight. The battle Pope mentioned back on the OF that CGL people were putting IRL cash bounties on Cincy team members during the games to get the non-Cincy Blakists to break ranks and take out their own mechs.

It must have been the best days to play in those events.

>The battle Pope mentioned back on the OF that CGL people were putting IRL cash bounties on Cincy team members during the games to get the non-Cincy Blakists to break ranks and take out their own mechs.

There should be some corrections to your post.

First, they weren't cash bounties. They were bounties for booth credit, usually in $10 or $15 amounts. Additionally, the bounties of which I was aware were almost entirely from IWM personnel, not CGL employees.

That is all.

Is any of that supposed to make it fucking better?

>the bounties of which I was aware were almost entirely from IWM personnel
Why would IWM give a fuck? They get money either way, since both sides used their models. That's fucking strange, man. Maybe CGL had them do it so CGL didn't get implicated in trying to sabotage their own events?

>Is any of that supposed to make it fucking better?

No, it is not.

>Why would IWM give a fuck?

Pretty much solely to fuck with people whom they know personally. IWM (as was Ral Partha) is in Cincinnati, remember. It wasn't intended to sabotage the event - I'm pretty sure - but was there simply to cause some chaos on the board and to make our lives more difficult.

CGL did institute a policy, eventually, around 2014 or so, which forbids interference in canon games from any CGL or IWM personnel, specifically including "bounties", though it still occurs sometimes in Battle the Masters-style games or Grinders populated by a lot of Demo Agents; which I'm OK with, since the context for those games is totally different than the canon events.

bump

> Every single mobile HPG in the Inner Sphere still works fine because they adjust on the fly.

If that were the case they would have noticed by now and re-engineered the ground based HPGs to compensate.

Mobiles work on a totally different scale to class B and A stations. It's like the difference between a Battlemech fusion engine and the monster on a Warship. Also, Tucker is the only guy who has realized exactly what is wrong, doesn't realize it until 3041, and even knowing it is unable to actually fix it with his brain damaged self and all of Project Sunlight at his disposal because the math is so complex.

Now, that second part doesn't make total sense to me, but that's the official line at the moment.

Ya know what, I've been looking for this, but can't find anything bout Clarion Call. You have a book to reference?