Size creep - a problem?

Also when will the size creep end?

I don't even like modern GW but space marines are supposed to be big

GW seems to like adding more detail to their models. Size creep will correlate with more detailed designs.

Is there anything out of order here?
csm is as large as SM
sister and IG are obviously not as tall since those are regular humans, nurgle guy is taller than SM but not as big as primaris because mutations

That last model is literally at like a 30 degree angle. Having seen them they're not bigger than primaris dudes.

This. The problem is not the size creep. The problem is the bullshit lore that goes with it.

I would be totally okay with GW just saying: "This will be our new marine models. Use the old one how long you want."

True size is true size

I think OP just wants to say that Marines are growing bigger and bigger. Look at the first metal marines, then the first plastic marines then the other stuff, and finally the Primaris.

Over the decades marines grew bigger.

And maybe we will be playing with 1:48 models in another 2 decades

the CSM and SM marine sizes are finally what they should have been. the other factions models sizes are fine.

When you learn.

It's not just Marines, everything has grown. When IG are redone in god knows how many years for example I would be shocked if they aren't comparable in size to Primaris.

Detail is rekatively cheap to make, so they add it to raise sense of worth to the customer.

>When
user, big models sell better and sell for more. The scale creep isn't going anywhere.

They did this with bases I don't know why they didn't do it with mk x. People bought 6th edition plastic marines and BoP and BaC despite having plenty of marines already, people will buy these new marines without needing Primaris lore or rules

I really don't mind the new giant Space Marines. They have always been supposed to be a foot or more taller than a normal man.

Forgeworld have done recent Guard models who've kept their scale. what are you on about? If anything the cadians are too big

>Also when will the size creep end?
At 55mm, the patrician size for miniatures.

Base sizes don't seem scaled correctly either.

>55 mm
>Not Ken-doll sized Gigamarines©®™ action figures
You underestimate GW.

WHEN

>thinking that's scale creep
That's cute.

they add it to make them harder to counterfeit

I have a ton of old ork models that now look like grots next to the newer ones

Are those the same unit? The guy on the left looks like he's in a mech suit.

Yes, it's called Azra'il. The small guy has been OOP for a while though.
However that was a total unit makeover. There's an actual scale creep when you compare older hand-sculpted models with newer CAD ones. Pic related: the small guy is a medium infantry Wildcat from the Corregidor starter (2013) and the big guy is light infantry Alguacil from the generic Nomad starter (2015, the dawn of CAD). Wildcats look bulky in comparison to old Alguaciles, like the hacker from the Corregidor starter, but the new ones tower over them.

New American Ariadna and Devil Dog units when

2016? Did you miss the release of USARF and subsequent domination of Americans in Ariadna releases? There's a new Airborne Ranger this month.

I do not think it is a problem

They're finally making truescale

What's the problem?

It all started with these guys some time ago even before the base size change