Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Antipaladin Edition: What's the best type of Antipaladin? What sort of code of conduct should an Antipaladin have? Can an Antipaladin ever truly repent if he was originally a fallen Paladin? SHOULD he repent? Can an Antipaladin be more justified than the Paladin?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Antipaladins are stupid because no one is ever so card-carryingly cartoonishly evil.

Best antipaladin is an antipaladin of lamasthu, calistria or any other that enables you stealing other people's waifus or husbandos as part of the code.

Only people who know how to have fun and the power to enjoy it within the miserable shit hea that is life.

What I'm saying is an anti Paladin should be a filthy rich misanthrope.

We already had an existing thread we should recycle.

So Shane the Shy.

>Stealing husbandos

Has that ever happened in a /pfg/ campaign? I thought everyone was quite happy pairing up.

The best antipaladins are the ones that aren't antipaladins. Or rather, aren't antipaladins anymore. Basically, redemption story fodder. From a mechanical standpoint, unless you're undead (good fucking luck becoming one in a normal game), there's almost no reason to ever be an antipaladin. You're more likely to come across evil that is hostile towards you in a normal pathfinder game than you are to find good that is hostile towards you. Paladins are more likely to get along with the rest of the party because most paladin codes encourage comradery. So I say the best antipaladin is an antipaladin that has undergone a redemption arc.

>when you give your girlfriend a husbando but also give everyone else a waifu to balance it out

I don't know if I should feel content or dirty...

Alright, so, based on the Hellcat Stealth feat, is there any reason why HiPS could or should not be available as a feat? They work pretty much the same, but with relevant differences.

Were you the DM, would you allow HiPS as a feat, with similar requirements to Hellcat Stealth?

How does Mammoth Rider interact with other size increases such as Dire Collar?

As far as I know they stack, user.

Mammoth Rider sets your companion's base size to huge, meaning any size increases affect it normally. The Dire Collar would take it from Huge to Gargantuan.

Are Half-Elves any good for just about anything? What are their strengths?

Literally one of the mechanically best races in the game.
Good for almost everything.

How sensitive are their ears?

...wait, wait, wait... is it possible to pick any animal and make it huge, or does it need to be huge already?

Very. For full-blooded elves, ears are erogenous and a common element of foreplay,
so half-elves should also be quite sensitive.

Mammoth Rider gives you a list of animals that can be upgraded to huge size (which, hilariously, includes "Wolf") and then specifically says 'ask your GM if you want to add another animal to the list!'

Humans, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Aasimar and Tieflings - the latter two notably also being half-or-more-humans - are generally considered the strongest and most versatile races available, for a number of reasons.

So yeah, half-elves are good.

Very. Like elves, the ears are erogenous zones with nerve clusters on the ends.

Welp, Gargantuan Bear, here I come.

What equipment and feats should take a dex-based fighter?

Deadly Agility and an Elven Curve Blade to get 1.5x DEX to damage.
And then just all the normal shit like Smash from the Air.

>smash from the air
>dexterity

This is amazing. Combine with that Eye For Talent and we're talking Huge Size and +6 stats on a common animal companion. It's a great 1-dip PrC for pet builds.

Prerequisite(s): Str 13
13 STR is a very cheap prereq, and a non-issue overall, especially since you want Power Attack in the first place (Piranha Strike doesn't give 1.5x to damage for two-handing), and that one also requires 13 STR.

>a whole THIRTEEN STRENGTH required
>when you probably want at least that, if not 14 Str, for your backup longbow

who do you think you are, some limp-wristed rogue or caster?

Tonight is going to be delicious.

Ensoulment picks will likely take two weeks or so.

Man all the salt from ensoulment picks is gonna be so depressing, there are so many really quality apps and you can just feel that people are more emotionally invested in the premise than usual. Its going to be sad to see so many worthy and hopeful applicants get turned down and lash out

Anyone?

Most people just slink off after such things towards other games without much fuss. I don't expect it to be much different here as far as the applicants go. The memers in the thread can be as salty if they want if I get in over their favorites though.

It'd be vindication for being written off after working to make something decent but also concise.

>there are 5 Paizo game general threads up right now

Jesus fuck, people.

Blame the /pgg/ autist.

Actually, blame SwimmingEagle. He admitted on Discord that he made three threads in a row earlier today just to shitpost and splinter the thread.

Is the unchained summoner compatable with the Synthesist archtype?

What a cunt, it's like every celeb is actually a huge asshole.

I want to believe you, because fuck that guy, but pics or it didn't happen.

Gee, what a surprise.

He could've at least done everyone the favor of making one the creepy fetish bullshit containment thread, and another the Discord AIDS containment thread.

Oh, who am I kidding? They would be the same thread.

See:

Why a do you guys bloat their heads by calling them "celebrities"? They aren't celebrities, they're attention whores on fucking Veeky Forums of all places. They are nowhere close to "celebrities".

>it's like every celeb is actually a huge asshole.

Where do you think you are? Of course they're assholes. They live off the attention of internet strangers, negative or no. The fucking autist made multiple threads just to "shitpost" and then openly admits it like he's just pulled off something epic, does that sound like a mentally sound person to you?

I really want to play a ranger with Eye for Talent, taking the skirmisher, horse lord and wild hunter archetypes, and 1-3 levels of mammoth rider.

Slap a collar on it, and it's an insane, gargantuan death-machine.

There's no way for orcs to get Eye For Talent, is there?

What a surprise, namefaggotry and posturing results in cancer. Shocking. Probably same fag, for all I care.

Should be. Unchained should be using the same archetypes.

It's not "every celeb is an asshole" but "assholes become celebs".

actually, the new book Legacy of the First World I think? It lets half-orcs trade out Intimidating and Weapon Familiarity in order to give their animal companion a +2 buff to any physical stat

More limited than eye for Talent, but also doesn't eat a feat.

>Orc
>half-orc
Unless theres a way for full blood orcs to snipe half-orc shit.

Sorry; we've been discussing half-orcs a lot recently, missed that there was only syllable in your race name.

Actually, sorry, meant half-orcs, not or s, so it works. Awesome. Really going to miss that weapon familiarity, though, but Gargantuan Warcat.

But how come half-elves are so good?

Have you considered a Gorthek instead?

They're ridiculous both mechanically and visually, and entirely thematic for orcs.

Can you combine wildblood and crossblood?

There was a FAQ on it; no. It specifically called out such bullshit as the Sylvan Bloodline getting an animal companion.

Fuck. Well there goes my idea.

Is there anyway to pick up a second bloodline?

> no last day rush of ensoulment apps

Guess people really were tapped out.

Oh well. It'll be fun to speculate for a day. I'm hoping for some upsets.

The Eldritch Heritage line of feats.

We still got the final hour. I hope Vigilante Redhead is alive.

Look on the bright side, the refugees will flood into WotR and LotLK.

Malefex just came out, what's the verdict? The at-will curses seem neat

Ensoulment when??

If Jericho doesn't get in, I intend to molest Protagonist to death.

What games are still open? I'm hungry for something to write a terrible app for.

Ensoulment is open for another 2 hours if youre a bad enough dude to shitpost at incredible speed.

>come up with an idea in 2 hours and write it up

Get this...

She's a princess, right? From some little western tinpot kingdom, anything, really, but she's a princess.

And she's devoted her life to establishing a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Ensoulment is circling the drain, Tuvarkz has Wrath of the Righteous, and Land of the Linnorm Kings is coming.

I personally dislike the class, because the malefex's debuffs tend to be non-damaging, and they are hardly on par with a Vancian caster's hyper-debuffing AoE spells, so a malefex cannot reshape a battle to a strong degree.

Is my assessment incorrect? Is a malefex actually capable of being as useful in and out of combat as, say, an inquisitor or an occultist? I would genuinely like to know. From my gut evaluation, a 5th-level inquisitor or occultist wholly blows away a malefex in terms of overall usefulness, particularly since the malefex is still stuck with least maledictions.

I know that this is an unfair comparison due to it being cross-publisher, but if I wanted to play an at-will debuffer with skill utility, I would play an avowed instead. At least I could dole out worthwhile damage during the process.

>Land of the Linnorm Kings is coming.

Is there room for an Arcadian barbarian in a Land of the Linnorm Kings campaign?

That...
Actually sounds pretty fun and honestly decently viable...

The Land of the Linnorm Kings has an Ulfen colony in Arcadia called Valenhall, where Linnorm Kings and Ulfen Heroes go to retire and die.

Play with that information as you will.

They're also all Swift's, which means the malefex has her whole turn to spend even if the target makes their save. Plus the talents and all

I'm sorry. I realized I couldn't make her work plus she would've had it out for Jericho and I'm fairly sure her grudge would've gotten her killed.

What if they teamed up to Kill C3?

That's a shame. What were the issues you'd run into?

Wasn't there a new Fluffy Tail game?

Hmm, sounds interesting. There's definitely a way to work a connection, then.
And I said barbarian, but I probably meant Brutal Slayer.

Closing in 71 minutes. Picks probably not until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Who cares?

What's the most bodacious gestalt for the Paladin-est Paladin around?

>this nerd doesn't appreciate comfy

Show us on the doll where fun touched you, user

What sources are available?

You can't run a game on "comfy" or "lewd". Also kitsune are dumb.

Is that juice made from gooseberries?

I want Protag inside me!

1pp unless I bully really hard, and I like to save my bully points for when I really need them.

You mean the sexual way? Or the cute way like Jack would?

Well you're in luck because he is getting ready to fuck a lot of people!

>can't run a game on lewd

Aren't there like...four lewd games going on right now?

In that case, you're going to want something to shore up your missing abilities, is charisma based, and doesn't mind being in heavy armor.

sounds like you want to be an oracle.

Definitely the sexual way! He's so charming and smart! No other DM-husbando even comes close.

>only four

I mean four /pfg/ openly recruited games. There are probably thousands of private lewd games!

They have a premise. Even Ensoulment, which has the shakiest premise possible (impress the Princess by wanking about philosophy), has a setting.

Fluffy Tails doesn't have shit. You're basically playing Maid RPG.

how do you make a character act "qlippoth-like"? what kinds of behaviors help show that kind of influence off?

Could be!

Oh! Yeah, that could be really neat. Hmm...

What kind of Curse would a Sun God worshipper have?

Hatred. So much hatred. Not anger, just hatred.

Read "I have no mouth and I must scream" and simulate what you believe a humanoid AM would do in the given situation.

Is there anyway this won't end in tears?

Branded?

Blindness obviously.