What is a good thing to mix with feudal japan?

What is a good thing to mix with feudal japan?

Giant robots.
Western gunslingers.
Dark fantasy horrors.
Tits.

Naval combat.
Giant robots.
Military academies.
Space.
Technovikings.
Opium Wars.

...elves?

Common sense.

kawaii
ninjas
uguus
short yukatas

fiction

Meme-videos about history created by shitty musicians.

Space
Demon/Monster/God hunting
Magic swords
Tantacles
Betrayal

I'd say Fortified Militant Gun Monks but those were real.

Murder

Guns

Westerns.

Medieval Europe

Eh. It's been done.

That's because they're good ideas.

Predator.

This

I second Technovikings.

Modern japan

Nuclear weapons.

Nothing. Feudal Japan during the Sengoku era already has everything.
Read about Uesegi Kenshin vs Takeda Shingen.
That is some dramatic shit!

Card games

the banetypus

Nuclear Weapons.

>card games.

This could actually work. The typical fictitious take on feudal Japan where everyone is obsessed with honour, actually lends itself to being resolved with children's card game

Maybe every 10 years the emperor of Japan calls all the houses to play some sort of giant card tournament. Like magic, force of will or that legend of the five rings shit.

Explain how old that means about the katana sword are it's actually true in this world. There's only like a dozen samurai swords in the entire land, but that's more than enough to destroy the whole world, A single slash with a sword would lay waste a whole army. So there's a 'cold steel' war situation. Samurai have to fight by playing ritual card games decide the outcomes of a battle.

>What is hanafuda

Industrialization and early firearms.

Celtic Scotland
Ancient Rome

cheeky brits

Fireworks.

Smallpox and/or the black plague

China

Alien invasion.

Been done to death, throw in some zombies and there'll only be one competitor that I know of.

Giant enemy crabs.

Mongolian tribes and post-apocalyptic undertones.

Also, you should not be dissmissing every idea just because it has been done already. If it has been done, and even done several times, it's often because it's a combination that works. Originality is overrated, actual quality of execution is underrated. Find a combination that functional, then pull it off better than anyone else did: that will be always more valuable than a futile search for originality.

Feudal Japan.

Try actually running a setting and enjoying the tropes and storytelling opportunities it has, instead of just turning every game into another Shadowrun.

Hip-hop

Gotta get that weak point for some max dmg yo!
Shits so realistic blows my mind

Nukes

Admiral Yi

already done it; I love the setting as it is. I just want to give it a twist just to see what happens.

>Originality is overrated, actual quality of execution is underrated
I don't want to invent anything, just to see what naturally blends with the setting without making it cheesy or forced.

This along with nukes is my main choice right now

Though the idea is interesting, on an rpg iw would involve a sub-game inside the gmae, which in practice i find very mood-breaking

Enlightment makes his way into the peak of Edo period's closure. Shit goes wild.

Industrialization.

Iberians.

So?

Christianity

>Motorhead

Tsarist Russia.

Calvanist theology

Tom Cruise.

Nukes. And Godzillas. And Godzillas with nukes.

Through Forces unknown, Early Sengoku Japan (of a year of your choosing) is swapped with Great Britain and Ireland during the winter of 1100 A.D. Because the gods are fickle creatures and unbound by the laws of reality, climate remains the same in Japan and Europe.

Christian Europe must figure out what this great feat of eldritch nature means at the twilight of the first crusade. Saintly miracles, kabbalistic magic and summoning of kamis and onis may or may not appear to top it all off.

The party is sent by Japan/the Papacy/a Christian kingdom with strong former ties to England to investigate what the fuck is going on, while everyone involved tries to make sense of all this, potentially reigniting doomsday speeches from before 1000 A.D.

Good old alien space bats

>Space Bats

Nukes.

political drama, romance, large scale warfare, and Wild Wild West type technology.

The year is 2020. The annual Anime*Con meets to discuss all things anime for its fifth year in a row. Through a cruel twist of cosmic fate, the entire hotel/convention center is forcibly uplifted and sent into Sengoku Japan. The year is 1520.

A couple thousand weeaboos have been unleashed upon history to wreak havoc. Some have no idea what's going on and others see this as their opportunity to become a new Rance. It will be another twenty-odd years before the Portuguese arrive to establish contact with the Old World. How many will survive to see that opportunity to return to Europe? How many will choose to take that opportunity after desperately carving out a new life in Japan?

>trashy LNs, manga and doujins expand and become the dominant art form over a fifty year period
Oh god, the horror

Demonic heritage?

Future Japan.

1 or 2 atomic bombs

Scotland.

Buddy came up with a campaign and setting he called Emerald Isles, where not-Scotland and not-Japan were fighting, right up until demons/oni/the fae started fucking with everything. The two sides said, "Those fuckers first" and joined forces. One political marriage between the High King and the Empress later, we have Scottish highlanders in samurai armor with kilts, doing iaijutsu with claymores.

>Because fuck you, that's awesome.

>Get this man a beer
OR
>You fucking genius, here are my keys, go fuck my wife.

>"Muh chivalry"
>"Muh manchildren cartoons"
Sounds about right

You are a fucking faggot, kill yourself my man