Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fated duels edition.

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Thoroughly Squatted.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8dVZREIf2O0
katcr.co/show/community/index.php/topic,5414.msg256213.html?PHPSESSID=ij8fjqudph3j4ku3t1qom1rj01#msg256213
pastebin.com/EYuACwCr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR CUTEDAR

I wish I could give my terminator sergeant a power fist instead of a power sword. :(

Post primaris conversions

BWAHAHAHA

HIS HEAD IS SO TINY !
Oh lord that looks silly. Gotta say that primarines have provided an endless supply of comedy so far, if not much else.

Is an IG infantry squad with a heavy weapons team worth 40 points or 36 points? I find the language confusing.

State reasoning.

of course its tiny, its a skull as opposed to a helmeted head

>this pretending

>dont want to play loyalist Marines
>yet still want to play Carcharodons
>can get away with only using older stuff
>still have all the retarded new space Marine stuff

I have a bunch of shit leftover from Calth and BoP I can use, including tartaros and a bunch of MKIV assault packs. However, the thought of hating anything Codex: space Marine has been drilled into my head for as long as I've been playing.

Fuck

Why am I so autistic about this?

Reposting

>54095097 #

You've literally got it backwards, inquisitorial stormtroopers are one step away from being autonomatons while grey knights are specifically designed to keep their independence through their mind scrubbing.

Ben counter went into depth on this subject in his books where he contrasted normal ordo Malleus agents and crewmen against the Grey Knights by saying that marines with the same level of indoctrination as inquisitorial stormtroopers would be inferior marines, which is why it's such a challenge to make an incorruptible marine.

Red Hunters are marines that go through stormtrooper level mind scrubbing and while they're still pretty good, they'll also fuck up and get themselves killed occasionally because of their programming

Nth for Grey Knights are uniromically one of the coolest things in 40k without wardshit

Marauder Destroyer y/n? Thinking of ordering one, a couple Vultures and some Vendetta conversion kits from FW.

It's like the fluff and crunch go through phases now where one is good while the other.... is not. Ward and 5e were a freak cosmic event.

Bone helmets, bone pauldrons and helmets, or plain jane, or all 3 for different ranks?

I still own my 3.5 daemonhunters codex and that + select BL books are the only GK lore I give a shit about.

Grey Knights are at their very best when even with their psychic powers, superior equipment, fearlessness and incorruptibility they're just BARELY enough to win against chaos.

The fact that it takes ALL that and the grey knights still end up having to kamikaze 100-300+ veterans just to banish greater daemons really puts the power of chaos in perspective

Rules and model for Alaric when?

>space marines
>cool

They're the best flavor of shit, I will give you that.

When will best marines get new models

>then along comes the Primaris
>effortless banishes and kills chaos

My dream is a fire raptor + 2xiphons

Already have 1 of my xiphons painted

Primaris Legion of the Damned coming soon to the new Games Workshop™ near you.

What's the best loadout for a base Dreadnought in 8e? I recently got my hands on a Venerable Dreadnought kit but I play BA/FT so I don't get them. As such, I'm planning on running it as a base Dreadnought instead.

>inb4 make it a Furioso
Already have 2. Might make it a Death Company Dreadnought if I have a left arm with a Fist laying around though. I only have one of those atm.

Is it worth running a successor SM chapter? Characters are chapter specific and offer tons of options, but I don't want to get locked into an aesthetic that I may not love.

>ywn play a SW:A-style game featuring a GK strikeforce as it's slowly whittled down in pursuit of a Daemon Prince's return
Fuck that really was one of the best 40k books out there, Dark Adeptus too

mid or right

left looks...off

Not going to lie, I fucking find this hilarious. I hate special character hammer, and the fact that its fucking with people because they don't work with successors makes me giggle every time someone complains about it.

All three for different ranks. Scale up the amount of bone color for each higher rank.

Rifleman or Assault Cannon + Fist are my personal favorites, depending on what your army needs need and what you will by third party for.

Hopefully that changes with the rest of the Primaris releases. The less special characters the better.

Marines themselves used to be a lot more interesting themselves way back when. Now they're just unconditional, plot armoured good guys that always win or force a Pyrrhic victory.
But back in third there was more focus on the fact that marines were uncompromising, overzealous fighters only barely controlled by the Imperium. That little bit of fluff where an Inquisitor is appalled by how a force of space marines brutally slaughters almost an entire planet's population, annihilates any and all military forces and leaves the infrastructure crippled to such an extend that the planet will be defenseless against even the weakest invading force for at least a few decades, just because of a minor chaos cult uprising or something, is still the best description of marines ever.

Just do a count-as, put the chapter you're using rules for on the army list, and then make your own chapter. Its only an issue if you are trying mix different chapters' characters.

I think it's how dark the bone got, it looks better lighter.

Not to mention that it's also a good filter for waacfags

>Oh, I see you're playing angels of redemption
>n-no! They're totally normal dark angles! L-look I even have Ezekiel!
>so why are they green and white?
>b-because, um, it's a secret! XD

Problem was even back in 3rd the protagonist chapters like the smurphs, bangles and salamanders were still unequivocal good guys, it's just all the other chapters had a high chance of being dickheads

I'm considering doing an Imperial Guard/GSC allied force, but instead of IG being a part of the cult, the genestealers and hybrids are modified biological weapons created by a radical Inquisitor, with the IG acting as handlers as well as conventional support.

Thoughts?

The rules state that successor chapters aren't allowed to use counts-as characters. You'd need to put down the founding chapter as your Keyword to use the characters and headcannon that you were playing a successor.

What's the best guard anti tank option that isn't a superheavy? Talking like near 1 shot potential

So you want to play bad guys but not be bad

3 scion command squads with melta guns in a Valkyrie who guaranteed drop and walk into melta range

This might be a better comparison.

I am retarded.

Twin Lascannon + Twin Autocannon for efficiency, ven dreads are better though. melee dreads still have problems getting there.

sounds silly but neat

I still prefer white shoulders too

RIP not!characters
reminds me of the painting requirement they made for the new sigmar sky dorfs.

Can we all agree that Perturabo is the best model?

Yeah. But this is the new Games Workshop: No concept too stupid to write, leave no copyright unsought.

>Use ultramarine rules
>paint them red
ez, only the most autistic of faggots would be upset by this.

My inspiration is Weyland Yutani, so I don't think so. I just like paramilitary bioweapons more than sewer cult.

>Literal screeching autist
>Best anything

What do i run for Anti-tank/flyer/monster with deathguard, kinda getting a blank for this one.

Tyrant of Badab's model is better, and not even top 5.

I agree! He's the best model and totally cool also and probably the best Primarch

>headcannon that you were playing a successor.
Exactly. If push comes to shove, they're Blood Angels/Ultramarines/Space Wolves/whatever painted differently. This isn't Warmahordes, the Gaming Gestapo aren't going to drag you off in the night because you painted your little plastic men a non-official paint scheme.

Assault it with a Heldrake?

I'm sorry, but I've always hated the 'mess of cables randomly placed on head' look. It just looks so carelessly thought out.

>implying Warmahordes players paint their models

Is the new book that bad?

Up for a batrep everyone? For once I'm not busy and I have a 2000pt game against Tzeentch daemons if anyone is interested. And how have your games been going so far my fine anons?

Iron Warriors are definitely lucking out on awesome models for HH.

Vulkan's is better I think.

How did those Soulgrinders do ? Been scratching my head at what their purpose is in the new edition.

I don't know, no one will Fucking upload it

Is that a Squat Sergeant on the left side or just a perfect camera angle?

Do any of the megas have the Horus Hersey novels? Related question: Are the HH novels worth reading?

post it nigga, I'm sure those 2 autists are taking a nap as theres a lack of REEEing so I dont think anyone would mind. Also, let us know if you encountered any weird rule interactions or anything like that

Sanguinus' is going to be fucking awful I just know.

I bought the Collectors Edition version of it. Not touched it or read it.

Is it a bad idea to run russes without sponsons? a have 2 battle cannons, 1 executioner and 1 vanquisher turret right now.
I have the forge world variants and i just think sponsons ruin the aesthetics.

Went to the post office to properly label my box of Thousand Sons this week. Thinking about the right number of Sorcerers to put into a 2000 point list. I tried three exalteds last time, forgot about the no spamming rule for matched play. A Daemon Prince seems mandatory for cqc smashiness. Are miniguns worth it for rubric marines?

Jesus. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying forty dollars to take one for the team.

Should be fine, they'll be pretty cheap. Sponsons are nice though

>Are the HH novels worth reading?

First three, First Heretic, A Thousand Sons, Prospero Burns, and Fear to Thread are definately worth reading.
But most of the other books are basically a waste of money, time, and braincells, specially futher on in the series.

I did the same for my Tsons

youtu.be/8dVZREIf2O0

Some are, some aren't. I've been a moron and jumped around in the series reading what I wanted to or sounds cool. The Outcast Dead is a fun prison break type novel with an actually good depiction of The Emperor. Legion is infamous among fluff autists for introducing things like the Perpetuals and the Cabal, but is a cool boots on the ground look at how the Alpha Legion operates. Mechanicum is about the Martain civil war. Most people suggust reading the first three books and moving around from there.

Flight of the Eisenstein was A+ 10/10

Made me fall in love with pre *and* post heresy Death Guard. Garro may be a bootlicking Imperialist but damn if he isn't one fine soldier.

Yeah that's why your list is the official chapter. It just so happens that you painted them similar to the successor chapter. The paint doesn't matter, just the list as submitted and models. If those two are correct you can paint them pink for all anyone cares.

After their defeat of the Thousand Sons force it seemed the forces of Tzeentch were not finished with the Imperial Guard and out of the mists a horde of demons appeared spitting psychic fire at a Banewolf and Chimera as the stunned Guardsmen tried to react.
Honestly the Soul Grinders were pretty shit. The greater daemons were the most effective

nice box lel

Be prepared to accept huge swings in both writing quality and consistency. If you can deal with it it can be fun.

Taufags disgust me.

It might have been you I got the idea from, thanks user! Small world. How are your Thousand Sons doing?

This is where I got my copy:
katcr.co/show/community/index.php/topic,5414.msg256213.html?PHPSESSID=ij8fjqudph3j4ku3t1qom1rj01#msg256213

Forgot about that one. Indeed a nice story.

And for that kind of money I can't blame you. GW believes that money is no object.

>reading The Dark Imperium
>Girlyman talks to Cawl Inferior (might be Cawl himself)
>asks about Primaris Marines
>"Oh they're doing great!"
>"Okay, what about the dodgy chapters?"
>"You mean BA and SW?"
>"Yeah"
>"Oh well the Primaris-gene seed has solved the flaws but their idiosyncrasies still exist. This is all acceptable"

What? Does that mean Cawl has cured the Red Thirst, Black Rage and Wulfen in Primaris Marines but has not fixed the vampire fangs, the super beauty, the hairy and boastfulness?

Also think it sucks. BA were cool because they kept on fighting even when stuff went to shit The fact Girlyman knows all about this and how they hushed it up irks me. Does that mean he knows about Dark Angels shit? Does Girlyman know about Grey Knights?

But ultimately, are Primaris Marines no longer suffering from those flaws the BA and SW have?

Also, who and when will the first Primaris Marine go Chaos?

It's obvious Cawl is going to go evil. I suspect the next release, after the other Death Guard and Primaris shit, will be Necrons. The Dark Imperium book basically said Cawl needs to speak to the Necrons. So it kinda makes sense for that to happen.

The Necrons meet with Girlyman and Cawl and make an agreement. Cawl gets technology and they shut the rifts. I suppose in exchange they're left to unite realms unopposed?

Bright picture for attention.

I think they're intentionally leaving the concept of things like Black Rage Primarii vague so that when they release the books they can make that decision, or they can make said rules optional.

Like, if you want to play a chapter of Blood Angel Ultima Successors without Black Rage, that's cool, if you want to include it, that's cool too. Your Dudes and all that.

Maybe they agree to wait for their war until Chaos and the Nids are dealt with. It is what any reasonable faction would do when faced with galaxy wide apocalypse scenarios.

I got all the CE. I'm planning on either keeping them all in a bookcase or selling them together. I'm most interested in Sanguinus' and maybe Dorn. Dorn cause I like defensive tactics and I hope that it'll make him seem less of an autistic dickhead. Sanguinius because he's best Primarch.

The brave men of the Guard struck the first blow and the Daemon chariot was first to be brought down. Their ride abruptly ended by a blessed battle cannon shell. The rest of the Guard shooting slammed into the Tzeentchian horde but the horrible daemon engines and greater daemons still stood.

Am I just being autistic here?

I envy the amount of free time you have to be able to play almost every day.

Possibility posted it a little over a month ago, still getting dirty looks

But they're enjoying the new addition and actually serving a purpose

8th was good to us, user

pastebin link to Perturabo: Hammer of Olympia because the direct link gets caught in the spam filter.
pastebin.com/EYuACwCr

>The Necrons meet with Girlyman and Cawl and make an agreement. Cawl gets technology and they shut the rifts. I suppose in exchange they're left to unite realms unopposed?

We Order, Chaos, & Destruction now!

Yeah well all the new fluff is kinda shit. Cawl is such a fucking big deus ex machina machine for GW right now he is probably going to fix the golden throne by lighting a fart in the Imperial palance.

Are thunderbolts cheese?

You are a saint user

Weren't they angling that the Imperium was gonna give the DEldar something in exchange for fixing it?