I have no idea what races to use

I have no idea what races to use.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/"i have no idea what races to use"/type/op/
cheezedoodle96.deviantart.com/art/MLP-45E-Roleplaying-in-Equestria-for-DND-5E-464500974
mediafire.com/file/rztg6a02irj36o4/Tails of Equestria (scan).pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't use that guy. He is ugly.

Elves.

Then establish some context? What races are appropriate depends on the themes involved in your campaign premise.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/"i have no idea what races to use"/type/op/
FUCK OFF

Kilrathi
Kzinti
Ctarl-Ctarl
Hani
Aslan

Do it.

Right now I'm making a generic high fantasy setting. "Generic" in that is features evil gods, magic, wizards, dangerous dungeons and forests, dragons, the whole lark.

Personally though I don't like elves and dwarves, I'd rather go with something else. I'm pretty set on including humans (obviously) and lanky desert wolf people, but I'm a bit stuck past this point. Maybe go by archetypes? What archetypes do I need?

>You're not allowed to discuss things that have ever been discussed before even once by other people

Nice meme.

>by other people
Whatever you say OP

If you're sticking to generic themes, pick generic races or just go with what you think is cool.

Nobody else can give you any meaningful advice if your only foundation is 'generic'. Either figure out an actual pitch for your setting, rather than just another generic fantasy setting, or just pick the races you personally like the most and figure it out from there.

All of your races should be social insectoids, either filling in for various real-world cultures or taking the roles of the standard fantasy archetype ensemble.

Agreed, you can fuck right off.

You know perfectly well what race to use, you lazy motherfucker. The race to the bottom. The race to extinction. The race to the end of Veeky Forums as a useful board, where shitposts and memes rule unchallenged.

You are wearing down the patience of anyone helpful. Fucking stop. Why? Why are you doing this, and what can you possibly hope to gain?

LET IT BE KNOW THAT THIS THREAD IS BAIT

And that you are either too lazy to look up past threads, or too stupid to imagine that we haven't noticed you spamming them. You have had literally HUNDREDS of replies. What the hell do you take us for?

High fantasy kitchen sink? Use everything. Low to medium fantasy? Try to stick to the basic elf, dwarf, halfling, human, half orc, with any other races being foreign to the region the campaign is set in

So it would be a better use of this thread to talk about how we wish quest threads were allowed back on Veeky Forums?

Nah.

Instead, what's the biggest lizard in your setting?

In the sense that using an abandoned house as a crackhouse instead of a den for ritual child abuse is "better".

You mentioned desert wolf people, what else is in the main area of your game? Will it be mostly desert? If it is desert, maybe go with scorpiofolk and vulture people as additional races.

Whites, Blacks, and Belgians.

The ones your players pick/want to pick.

Humans, lanky wolves, big fucking fat pigs with axes and wrestling and shit. Lots of bara tropes.
Little snakey dudes. Like skinks but they can go bipedal. Furtive but spiritual, good with certain kinds of magic.
An ordinary cat, but it can talk and cast spells.
A hivemind of little worms that make up a humanoid figure except when sleeping.
A tree. A big one, that can send its fruits or something to act as PCs.
People that look like humans but they're drawn by Boris Vallejo and have huge schlongs.
The Irish.
Some bird folks from the mountains of not-Bhutan, ruled over by a literal dragon-king.

Just use all of them.

Barbarians and the Weak.

> implying it isn't the best

Humans

What races do you like?

>not going human
Glory to the imperium.

French wolf people with a renaissance level of tech.

Follow your heart, put in a fuckload of beastman races, you know you want to.

This.

>DogSouls
You STUPID piece of SHIT what the fuck are you doing are you legitimately retarded? Autistic? Do you have no sense of justice, rightousness, or humour? How in the flying FUCK do you miss the OBVIOUS pun and go for the full retard phrasing as if you are being clever when the whole FUCKING JOKE is the FUCKING PUN and out of context of that pun THERE IS NO JOKE WHATSOEVER you fucking IMBECILE.
Kill yourself immediately.

>not basing your insect people's society off of their real life eusocial systems

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new (not op) but why is fantasy race discussion considered bait or a waste of space when half the threads are usually some variation of 40k? I for one love discussing alternate forms of sentient life and speculative evolution. or are you just boring?

Your first mistake is using the word generic to describe your setting.

Nothing is more boring than that as a descriptor.

Even if you're not being remarkably innovative, never be generic.

>why is fantasy race discussion considered bait or a waste of space
They aren't. This specific type of race thread is. The OP is a well used copypasta that is rather old, which means this isnt an actual thread for someone seeking actual advice.

Besides, these threads are more like seeking races for use in various RPGs.

see
Open the link he posted, and you'll see that OP has been making this thread repeatedly over the past few months.

Veeky Forums doesn't like repetitive threads if there's nothing new being created.

All humans lol aren't I so original?

Humans, Dwarves and BIG ASS LIZARDS
Basically Monster Hunter
/r/ing that picture but for MH

In my "gritty low fantasy blah blah blah" campaign, I was including a bunch of megafauna and prehistoric creatures like the short faced bear, megalania, and terror bird as scary creatures out there, complete with crazy weird folklore and superstition attached them.

I grew to like them and their rumors so much that instead of introducing monsters with the revival of magic, I just kept all the animals and let some of the weird folk tales turn out to be true.

Big ol klingon lizard people
Androids whose gender is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Ratfolk of Mars
Former hive mind bug people who are way too American in their love of FREEDOM and INDIVIDUALITY
Four armed aliens who recently arrived in a generation ship and hail from an arid world (not pictured)
Humans
Matriarchal antenna bearing venusians with weird sexual dimorphism (their men are covered in fur)

It's easy to imagine two extremes.

The all humans/stock standard fantasy extreme and the holy shit you can be ANYTHING extreme.

However I don't think I've ever truly seen a setting like the former. Like a setting where genetics is basically nonexsistant and anything can fuck anything else and make a weird crossbreed baby so typically racial/species division doesn't exist in this setting.

pick humans, then 1 from every mythology/folklore you enjoy. You may count Tolkien as mythology for these purposes

Aside from the fact that OP keeps reposting this thread after hundreds of replies, please read the OP text closely.
>I have no idea what races to use.
To use where? In a game? The OP did not say it was in a game. If so, what kind of game? What setting? Is there magic in the setting? Is it in space? Do those races need to be playable? Why does this game need multiple races in the first place? We don't know. There is basically ZERO context in the written words.
It's like saying "I have no idea what clothes to wear", that depends on a lot of context.

Also, the OP text is not even a question. It is a statement.
>I have no idea what races to use.
Compare to:
>What races should I use?
Those are not the same sentence. The OP technically isn't even asking for suggestions.

Trust me, I am looking for suggestions. Trolling and saying 'oh why don't you look at all this old outdated shit hur dur' isn't helping.

>Trust me, I am looking for suggestions.
Bullshit. Give more context.

There is no more context to give. I need inspiration, I need something interesting, anything. I have been trying to make a setting for years and haven't been able to formulate anything, there are too many ideas. There's too much original shit, and fun shit, and cool shit, and shit to steal and shit to create. I can't decide on anything, I can't make anything. The struggle is real.

Bullshit. It this for a game? What kind of game? What genre? Tell us!
If you don't know that much, then of course you can't begin to think about races, and neither can we.

Think high fantasy. Probably dungeon crawler, but gonzo setting. At this point I'm not sure if I want to just make *any* race playable or what, but I do love worldbuilding and creative writing once I actually get something useful to work with. Truly, I am a victim of choice paralysis.

Some good ideas here.

Robots. Everyone is a robot, with differences being the original purpose. Killer drone, farmer roboman, miner brute, constructor, explorer, terraformer, scientist, musician, sex doll, possibilities are barely limited

cheezedoodle96.deviantart.com/art/MLP-45E-Roleplaying-in-Equestria-for-DND-5E-464500974

^:)

Why wouldn't you just use the official MLP game?

mostly because I haven't even taken a look at it. Is it any good?

Probably going to get banned for posting this link

mediafire.com/file/rztg6a02irj36o4/Tails of Equestria (scan).pdf

Do what everyone else does.

Step 1. Pick your favorite anime
Step 2. fill it with wacky high magic shenanigans
Step 3. Never actually play it because you're too nervous to show your creation to others and you're afraid they will ruin it by being players
Step 4: Go back to running modules with minor reskins

Is it stupid to call all the generic races (humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, etc.) Folk? Does it sound to corny or western to fit?

Is it corny when they refer to all elves as mer in Elder Scrolls?
I think it could fit if there is a reason for it, like a shared heritage.

Yeah, it's both stupid and corny. It works for things that are clearly humanoid versions of existing creatures, catfolk, foxfolk, etc. For base races it sound dumb because they're originals.

I think he meant using folk as an umbrella term for all the generic races, not adding -folk as a suffix to all the generic races.
At least I hope that is what he meant

Minotaurs and Ratfolk are the only acceptable beastmen.

What about beast girls?

I meant it as an umbrella term for a bunch of generic races that breed true together and can make half races. Like humans, pygmies, cave races, mortal celestials like demons, genies, greenskins, farm animals, etc.

I approve

I was gonna call you a flaming autist but then I realized the pun you're referring to and now we have a shared sentiment
holy missed opportunities batman

Your races are:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Neanderthal
Denisovan
Pygmy

>dog souls

BROTHER

What beast race is the best?