40k question: save us from the normies

So 40k is a game for dorks, geeks, nerds, math-hammerers, obsessvives, compulsives and general weirdos. And it's been like that for the almost thirty years I've been playing it.

Then I drop onto youtube and see this fat piece of shit doing videos, no doubt while planning how to stance his gray-import Nissan Skyline.

How the fuck do we keep the Adidas/Nike/hip-hop fan/backwards-baseball-cap douchebag wigger normie crowd away from our beloved wargame?

You need to be even more autistic OP. If you can perceive the normies over your screeching you're doing it wrong.

Letting quest threads back on Veeky Forums would be a good start.

>So 40k is a game for dorks, geeks, nerds, math-hammerers, obsessvives, compulsives and general weirdos.
Nope. It's literally "baby's/normalfag's first wargame".
>How the fuck do we keep the Adidas/Nike/hip-hop fan/backwards-baseball-cap douchebag wigger normie crowd away from our beloved wargame?
You cannot do it, because that's GW target audience

have them play it for an hour

I fear that fat Ali G is being neither 'satirical' nor 'ironic' in his choice of attire.
When I made my commitment to wargaming as a child in the 80's, the douches that listened to early hip-hop wouldn't have been caught dead within 10m of a gaming table.

The gamer set was fun, and the hip-hoppers were all wannabe gangsters, smoking weed, being violent (if cowardly) little shits and constantly trying so very hard to project 'cool'. There was no crossover.

This is my hobby. Wiggers stay out. Problem is the increasing ratio of retards is leading douchebags from other unrelated subcultures into mine and I DON'T LIKE IT.

Now find a segué into your favorite political topic. Nobody will notice, you're so subtle and skilful!

>Nope. It's literally "baby's/normalfag's first wargame"

My first wargame was Donald Featherstone's 'Battles with Model soldiers' circa 1982. Back then, other than Featherstone's works, most wargames were a $2 sixteen-page typewritten booklet made of photocopied A4 (with a light cardboard cover if you were lucky). My second game was a Medieval historical called 'Retinue'. It had a light cardboard cover that was pale yellow.

So fuck you, and fuck your disdain for 40k. I've been wargaming for 35 years and the best games I've played have always had simple rules that make the gameplay flow.

Not saying your opinion is wrong, just saying fuck you (smiley face emoticon)

>You cannot do it, because that's GW target audience
I'd agree that they're trying to appeal to a wider demographic (females, non-whites, not quite SJW's (no female marines...yet)). But their target audience? People that pay $150 for sneakers that cost $8 to make aren't going to pay NZ$74 for a single model that cost $0.12 to make.

I don't want them playing it at all. Seriously, look at the guy in my original post. Why is he playing 40k when there's fake gold chains to buy, hummus and falafel to eat, and white wimminz to proposition from the kerbside?

>People that pay $150 for sneakers that cost $8 to make aren't going to pay NZ$74 for a single model that cost $0.12 to make.
yep, but their parents will

40k is literally the most basic bitch miniature wargame. There are colored people and girls who play it. That's how you know it's basic.

there were always normies/douchebags in this hobby and there will always be.

GW has dozens of stores across the UK. It's a niche hobby, but it's a pretty big niche. Plenty of otherwise normal people collect and play.

Also hip-hop and the like are mainstream as fuck, so you shouldn't be surprised to see fans of it anywhere. Disgusted maybe, but not surprised.

>no doubt while planning how to stance his gray-import Nissan Skyline.

Y-you're saying stance is gay, not Skylines, right? M-muh GT-R...

I'm so confused here, you call him a wigger but he's clearly not white?

You can admit to not liking the darks user, and not wanting them to play/talk about/contemplate your hobby. This is Veeky Forums, nobody is stopping you but yourself.

Still. I'm curious because you seem to have a particular style fixation which could be taken as quite racist but doesn't seem to be race-based. For you anyway. Like something really ticks you off about people you perceive as fans of hip hop.

You know this isn't a 90s teen movie and the way someone dresses isn't 100% indicative of who they hang out with and what they do?

YOU are what's wrong with this hobby, spergs like you need to be bullied untill you anhero

>muh sekret club
It's so obvious that Veeky Forums has ruined your fucking life.

What makes me hate you all even more is the knowledge that this thread would have 300 replies if my pic and rant were Felicia Day.

GTFO my hobby normies RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fucking trolls aren't even trying to be subtle

Normies aren't real, user. They're a myth. People think Normies are real but they're actually fake. It has never been proven that there are Normies in the real world. Can you really imagine a Normie living in real life, inside a house, sleeping in a bed and getting up and having breakfast? Of course not, it just doesn't stand to reason. It's just not plausible. Normies are fake.

What is your problem exactly? Normally these reactionary threads have some doomsaying bullshit like "noooo GW will pander to the normies and ruin 40k"... but there is hardly anything like that in your posts.

Are you just mad about what type of clothes people wear?

Who the fuck cares, you autistic sperg.
My two main 40k buddies are one guy who's in a band and does modelling work and has 10,000 points worth of Orks in a vitrine in his bedroom, and the other guy is a buff motherfucker who used to be in the Bundeswehr.
40k is for everyone, and some nerds are just good at hiding their powerlevel.

Go fucking kill yourself.

>one guy who's in a band and does modelling work

I immediately dislike him.

Why do you want to self-identify as a dork/geek/nerd/etc?

Maybe the issue is that you're so lacking in self-confidence that simply playing a game with [majority of population] makes you uncomfortable.

He's a pretty cool guy. If girls don't like his ork army, they can fuck right off. Also, he's a pretty good wingman. I bet he could even get YOU laid.

I could explain why your wrong but if your too dense to understand why on your own I'm not sure i can dumb it down enough for you to understand.

>fat
>beard
>glasses
fits some nerd stereotypes

>How the fuck do we keep the Adidas/Nike/hip-hop fan/backwards-baseball cap douchebag wigger normie crowd away from our beloved wargame?
he's just the type of nerd who is more likely to make videos and advertise his nerd stuff.

He looks like one of those south koreans with their forced bad fashion.

I'm a wigger, have been apart of the hobby over 15 years and I paint better than you. also im not a virgin lol. u fucken mad bruh?

Fuck you guys i just paint and collect the minatures

>Nope. It's literally "baby's/normalfag's first wargame".

So what's your idea of a REAL wargame?

The middle east.

>So what's your idea of a REAL wargame?
Historical masterrace of course.
Malifaux, X-wing, Infinity, Dust for less-hardcore players.

looks like your typical fat dork to me
I don't see the problem here

He's a big guy

>Historical masterrace of course.

I have my 40k books sitting next to my Advanced Squad Leader binder and piles of ancients rules.

Look, I understand why you're pissed off, but I really don't see the problem with normies playing 40k. It's hard enough to find a game where I live, so I'm fine with tolerating anyone that'll play with me. Most normies are harmless, and one of the best roleplayers I ever met was a former meth addict.

>40k
>Not for normies

I hate to break it to you, but with all the bragging about being the most popular, most accessible minis game on the market, it also means that it's the most accessible game for anyone, especially including the nerd-lite types like Felicia Day / Wil Wheaton and whoever that guy is.

If you really can't stand normies, go play some historical hex-and-chit games.

Jealousy is unhealthy user.