Hey, Veeky Forums!

Hey, Veeky Forums!

I was wondering if you might be down for an 'inspiration' thread? The idea is to post photos that might serve as inspiration to other fa/tg/uys.

Classical/non-fantasy art is appreciated, too!

Fucking Izalith.

Whenever I think of elves the first thing that pops up in my head is stuff like pic related.

I cringe whenever I see art or pics of tree houses,. In my mind, a true elf would never take a bunch of dead wood and then use nails and shit to hammer that dead wood into a tree. That's not a true tree house to an elf, that's just a wooden house that happens to be in a tree.

A true tree house is the tree itself carefully and gently trained over decades to be a suitable home. Just like the tree in pic related was trained to be a suitable bridge.

Basically bonsai on a grande level.

I'd prefer my elves to be more druid like in that sense. But my players would be so disappointed if I didn't use the standard gay elf twat.

Fun fact, fires actually cause rain. All of those microscopic smoke particles collect condensation while floating around in the atmosphere. Eventually, if there is enough moisture in the air, all of that condensation grows great enough that the weight pulls the water laden smoke particles out of the air.

So basically, the Native Americans knew what they were doing when they built big bonfires and danced around them in order to make it rain.

Give them the best of both worlds. Give them a city of stereotypical gay elf twats. Then when they grow overconfident introduce them to a bunch of bad ass druid elves.

Was this the one used in Wonder Woman?

Literally every Dracula movie ever

"What can you tell me about the elves to the west?"

"They are a unique people, they culture their land around them in a very natural way. Instead of building houses, they grow their homes. The use nature magic, it's organic and they are master of their craft. During the night you can hear the tree hum all around you enclosing you in its warmth. It's a symbiotic relationship that is nurtured over time. To destroy their home is to their destroy them. Unlike us human, they will be distraught without their house. They're not a nomadic people and carry the weight of the forest on their back. "