Are there many other RollPlay fans here? well how about a thread for discussion

Are there many other RollPlay fans here? well how about a thread for discussion

What's your favorite series?

Favorite cast member/guest character ?

What types of games do you want to see in the future?

What do you think of the show as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0WCZtJQdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Personally I'm watching there second season of court of Swords, a big improvement over the first season witch i'd dropped. I think the setting clicks a lot better when there isn't the same need to exposition everything through character interaction in a series meant to be focused on hardcore combat.

I dropped it after Neal left because he was the best dm there.

Do they drop thag weird tarot card ruler thing later?

It felt really forced and nobody, not even the dm, could keep track of it with the king being a girl and the queen being a guy

It's still being done but it's only really used as a keynote for character interaction. Also the death toll has been very high. I'm at a point where the main caste rolled new characters so they can thread a new story line together with the surviving member of a near party wipe.

When Swan Song, Mirror Shades and West Marches ended i stopped giving a fuck

The new campaigns just have so many unlikable people in them, like Court of Swords just has an irredeemable cast for me. JP just got worse over time simply because he's not creative enough for how many characters he's created and the others i just dont really like, although that mexican dude was solid in West Marches.

I miss Steven, he was so good.

His Pendragon game is infinitely better than anything coming out on RollPlay, but I do wish he would play with the old gang because i prefer a lot of the old players he had in his games.

Neal has no imagination though

I think that's why Nebula Jazz and Blades is so fucking good. JP isn't in them.

Neal is also the only DM that is willing the kill the party if they fuck up, I'm so bored of Adam's games without a single death or close to it.
Swan Song was my favorite until the last 3 episodes or so, it just went to shit.

>I'm so bored of Adam's games without a single death or close to it.

Court of Swords is literally Adam trying to kill PCs.

What system is court of swords? Who's the cast?

DnD 5e with Adam as the DM and JP, DansGaming, and GassyMexican as the players.

Anyone watching the Burning Wheel series?

His current pendragon game has pretty shitty players, but I really like his GMing.

Nebula Jazz is arguably the Best RollPlay show so far.

They also rotate a 4th player in for story arcs. Incontrol was there and Day9 too.

Steven is great, but the only pendragon player i like is Luke i think his name was. And honestly i think the cast is very important when it comes to rpg shows.

Mirrorshades

Started it, dropped it. Pretty unremarkable.

Most of the shows are pretty shit. For example anything with JP as a cast member is usually worth avoiding.

Is this the one where the DM keeps trying to look more and more ridiculous? I might try it out if it's a podcast, but I can't take that guy seriously.

I started watching with Dark Heresy and watched Swan Song, Mirrorshades, Numenera, Balance of Power, Jazz Nebula, and I'm currently watching Blades. I usually pick up a series and drop it after a while because I get bored of the plot like in Swan Song and Mirrorshades or because the players got too salty with each other like in Balance of Power. I only watched Numenera to completion and that was a good ending. I'm hoping Blades stays interesting, I'm only on Week 6.

It's the one where the GM has been shooting up liquid tumblr for the past 2 years and getting more and more insufferable.

I liked Solum, Swan song, the quick dark heresy.
All the others just kind of bore me. I think it is lack of danger turning it into an actual show has left, and new Adam just rubs me the wrong way in everything about him.

Dark Heresy FTW!

Swan Song started going to shit near the end too. When Prosper got replaced with an unintentional /pol/ meme and Higgs was suddenly a member of the Space Illuminati. and suddenly the dead guy from episode 1 is now a nanozombie.

Wish TB did more roleplay shit. The dude steals the show as a fucking techpriest.

He was in a one-shot of Dark Heresy 2nd edition. It's with Incontrol as a GM though but he did pretty well.

There is a reason you don't see any threads on this board about youtube shows.

They don't get nearly enough (you)'s for it, why do that when you can just make another "when did you realize d&d is shit" thread?

Blades in the Dark has been the most interesting show running right now. Usually I have trouble justifying the time spent watching someone else play tabletop games, but knowing that the GM is the guy who made the system makes it seem more legit, like an extended demo of the system.

If you can stomach Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day being their obnoxious selves one of the recent TableTop episodes has Ryan Macklin GMing FATE. The third player was also pretty great.

Adam is just one of those "Death is one of the more boring punishments that can be given to a character/player" types of GMs, but he's still willing to fuck your shit up if you screw up bad enough (I.E. Swansong).

West marches, star wars (dark side), and nebula jazz were the best
Jesse and sam were the best playsam
Steven was the best GM
I stop watching after JP went full corprate

But even if he fucks up the characters besides death there is still like no punishment for players.
Oh I land on a hostile planet walk into the ruins of capital and talk to the evil queen? Better role a quick dex save to run to safety.
I pissed off a large standing force of street samurai? Lol it was a prank call bro its all part of the narrative.
Player fucks with the wrong people gets beet and is out numbered half way around the world? Good thing they have their own army because a quasi friend they just met and when that fails all that happens is a hand is lost with no real repercussions from it besides it leading into the next job.
They constantly do stupid shit and it just gets rolled with.

neal was my boy, he's still creating shows if you havent seen it.

Oh yeah I'm still watching his stuff
Frozen Frontier is great

You don't punish players for their characters doing stupid shit, you punish the characters.

This. JP performed best in the Balance of Power game, because Jesse was quick enough and could pander to Adam enough to survive the worst of the shit. Hell, apart from Blades, Darkside Balance was the only thing I've watched all the way through of the recent campaigns

I feel like us Veeky Forums types could do better.

>You don't punish players for their characters doing stupid shit, you punish the characters.
The problem is THERE IS NO punishment, the most a punishment is is a fluff change to a character that usually leads them just getting a power up. They don't lose abilities stats it is just, "that wasn't the best way to deal with it, moving on."
>Dodger goes against her totem, its okay dove is fine with that more or less, and now you have this sweet anime raven mode when you want.
>Jesse fucks up relations with someone well that means you guys are just going to run into their enemies and they'll love you and give you shit.

The totem reversal was complete bullshit.

>"play your character like you'd drive a stolen car"

These words so perfectly describe that category of player.

Dark Heresy was the only really great one and it got me into RPGs.

that stuff is great, better then RollPlay ever could be

I think you're right insofar that they reach a point where it feels like the setting is bending over backwards to have everything work out for the player. It removes some of the tension since you know the character/player will always come out on top.

It's one of the reason i really liked West Marches and now Court of Swords. Since they don't shy away from killing characters if that's what the rolls say. Then again i don't think Steven ever really had that issue, it's more of an Adam issue.

> JP got worse over time

He's been insufferable from the beginning. Honestly every single campaign he's in would be better without him in it. Every single character he's had has either been completely useless, completely out of place in terms of lore, actively destructive against the best interests of the party, or all three at the same time.

Well hold on, now. Swan Song wouldn't have been half as memorable without JP.

beware of stairs.

absolute proof neil is the best DM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0WCZtJQdE

Dave is the only one who feels like a real person you could sit down and play a role-playing game with, instead of an internet talk show person.