/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334291-8th-edition-legiones-astartes-2906-i-xx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thread claimed for the Iron Tenth, the best legion with iron in the name fuck you Perturabo we called dibs on it first you copycat bitch.

Old thread.

Stay butthurt, inferior Iron brother.

>Be me
>4th Legion
>10th Legion staggers forward
>He's still butthurt
>W-we're the b-best Legion with Iron...
>We c-called dibs...

>Be me
That's suffering enough.

Yees

Stop wasting men.

You're confusing spending men in the pursuit of victory with wasting them.

Stop not using them at all.

So, they release Angelus and now that the game will be complete, they'll release Index: Horus Heresy for 8E immediately afterwards?
And then we'll see the pdf user did was better,so we'll actually use that one instead?
I say we cut down the middleman and propose 8E rules ourselves. Half of the work is already done. user did most of the infantry, Bolter & Chainsword did LA rules.
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334291-8th-edition-legiones-astartes-2906-i-xx/
Do you think we can propose 8E legion specifics?

>Iron Havocs
>Heavy Bolters with Shrapnel bolts
Loses 1AP, but the targeted unit suffers -1 to their BS and movement (and Advance) vaules
>Hardened armour
-1 to Movement & Advance vaules. For weapons that roll the number of attacks, roll an extra dice and discard the highest one. //
Alt: -1 to Movement & Advance vaules. Add +1 to this model's saving throws
>Deadly Aim
Enemies attacked by this unit can't claim the benefit of cover
>Tank Hunters
When rolling for Damage against vehicles roll 2 dice and discard the lowest //

Looks good

Angelus will only have BAs and DAs. There'll still have to be one book for the WSs, if they plan to update all the Legions before going to 8th. So they'll be lucky to get to 8th by 2018 at the earliest.

>-1 to Movement & Advance vaules. For weapons that roll the number of attacks, roll an extra dice and discard the highest one. //
>Alt: -1 to Movement & Advance vaules. Add +1 to this model's saving throws

I'm in favor of the former. Represents their ability to withstand blasts and flamers. Alternatively, mix the two. Vs. weapons that have a random number of shots, they get +1 armour save.

I'm really not looking forward to a game where everyone from centurion on up hits everyone else in melee on a 2+ and everything comes down to DPS and tankiness.

I for one is happy with 7ed horus heresy for now.

How about an errata for the Legion Special Rules?

SoH: when within 12" and under, all pistol, rapid-fire and assault weapons are +1 to hit.

If you outnumber an enemy unit in close combat, gain +1 attack

I dont know if allies or reserve rolling is still a thing, so cant make a call on that.

Then it's a mix. With the alt rules I wanted to convey their role as the full frontal armour, and that's supposed to be even harder for small arms to defeat (thus effectively 2+) while overstraining the servos (-1 to any kind of move) and still not enough protection as Terminators (only 1W, lacks an invuln of its own)

The Merciless Fighters expy shouldn't be +1attack, but exactly as it is now - 1 extra attack at I1, attacks that normally are I1 excluded.

I thought hardened armour was just armour that's better protected against hazardous environments and shrapnel by securing life support and securing all the weak points, rather than just slapping extra plates on.

No u.

So I'm going to be using this guy as a librarian for my raven guard. Other than ditching the DA iconography anything else i need to fix, was the horned skull symbol a thing during the heresy? or is that a later imperium thing.

That implies Horus won't kill him once emperor for not being traitorous enough

>Veeky Forums gets shit done
Cool but keep it to this thread

>horned skull
Yeah pretty sure that's codex standard to mark guys out for snipers
Then again Angelus will change it all again

I think he means Lion is going to kill Horus.

>killing the guy who can wreck half your fleet by throwing out his old junk

No tnx

I know my point is that implies Lion can kill Horus before Horus kills the lion
Fulgrim's junk is stronger, especially now he's a daemon of slaanesh

>le ebic hide behind wall man
>using men

to be fair Big G has an emprie

Fulgrim's just a faggot who farts too much (see Dark Imperium), he'll be the first gassed under Herr Jonson's regime

That post applies double to you, Mr. Iron Cage.

>finally listen to butchers nails
>Kharn is Persian
Not sure how to feel about this

>to be fair Big G has an emprie
And Dorn saved an Imperium.

Good luck cutting out that DA shit without it looking like shit aftewards

>the cum farts are canon
Now this is why we tell you to stay away Curzefag
No he didn't, he died to some mook whilst Roboute Guillman made a new breed of space marines, powerful but smart enough not to run at walls

>Dorn saved an Imperium
>Dorn got Daddy G nearly killed and Guilliman is still stuck cleaning up after Dorn's fuckups 10,000+ years later.

Pic related you IF bitches

I'm just cutting the bulk off and resculpting the cloth. the whole shoulderpad is getting replaced.

I thought he was Russian.

No he's a slav.

Only when the nails kick in, he moves around quite sedately otherwise.

>And Dorn saved an Imperium.
you mean
>sanguinius saved the imperium

Anyone else find it hard to paint the studs on mk4 calth pads, as this is my thrid coat but the paint still goes off leaving them a silver, although I do want to drybrush gray on later os it's not that essential
He sounds like how they get the bad tanned evil guy sound in children movies, how is that russian

>That is why we are the Squatters of Worlds, and the War Hounds no longer

>Anyone else find it hard to paint the studs on mk4 calth pads, as this is my thrid coat but the paint still goes off leaving them a silver

What are you painting them with? It sounds like you're using clear paints over a silver layer like with Thousand Sons or Word Bearers. But I could be completely off.

I used army painter plate metal spray, one coat of that, didn't look too thick, then three thin coats of abbadon black, going for IW vet unit

I don't have any experience with the plate metal spray, but I think you can get a brush on primer such as Vallejo Surface Black and hand prime the studs over the plate metal spray. That should adhere to the plate metal spray.

Picture?

WIP Praetor for my NL army, just need to replace the blades on the swords for black ark corsair blades.

just get the new librarian coming ot in a week or so? looks better and nothing chapter specific included

Honestly I think he looks good as-is, but go for it.

You mean the giant Primaris in mk.X armor you fucking nonce?

The horned skull is fine.

No he's too big.

Neat.

>Dark Mechanicum getting new stuff in Angelus
>when they already have better toys than the loyal servants of the Omnissiah
Why is this allowed?

You'll never have a Scoria equivalent.
You'll never have a Kelbor-Hal equivalent.

>Arkhan Land
>"The Archimandrite"
Your argument is invalid.

DELET THIS

We have Arkhan Land and Zagreus Kane!

>Teleports behind you
Nothing personal Draykavac.

Yeah. That kind of bothers me.

Like out of...what, 5 characters? 4 are dark mech.

The dark mech characters give army buffs.

And now the dark mech is getting a whole book!

Where's my loyalist dark age tech and heros? :(

>all these loyalists with no rules

Why are our loyalist brothers even trying?

You could use Cawl rules in 30k.

Man, don't remind me about the king of mary sues

You could, but it wouldn't work well.

The dude is also practically a heretic. Definitely a heretek.

World Eaters or...

...Space Wolves?

>space berserker gladiators with cool weapons
>or furries

>angry retard
>just plain retard

Space Eaters. Primarch Angruss.

>World Wolves
>Primarch Leman Ron

>Angrussius

Stop that shit,8th will not come to HH

8th -> fags kids game
7th-> little more complicate game for a little more smart kids

>correct sides of pyramids are lit rather than just copypasting
Nice.

Space Wolves aren't retarded, its just their leaders forcing the rank and file to commit to retarded decisionmaking.

Am I insane if I want to build a small ultramarine force being a word bearer player?

>Am I insane if I want to build a small ultramarine force being a word bearer player?

No, brother.

Those look sexy!

Typical Thousand Wrongs logic.

This is what happens when you take all your old viking drinking buddies and make them super soldier officers. At least Lion had the sense to make sure they were at least knights of chivalry, breeding, and monster-hunting.

It's still wrong, because the sun is in the background and the light is in the foreground.
It's also wrong because all the pyramids were built on the west side of the nile.

As the man said, he's not in de nile.

>At least Lion had the sense to make sure they were at least knights of chivalry, breeding, and monster-hunting.

Yes I'm sure those knightly knights made their homeworld a better place to live than Fenris.

>Literal space debris
>Objectively better place to live than Fenris

You said it not me user

Do Ultramarines objectively have best homeworld to live? Chogoris might be comfy place too.

Khan looking kawaii as fuck.

Khan-waii?

Probably? Macragge is described as Utopia, with the exception of dissenters being disappeared. I imagine many worlds in the Imperium would have a similar standard of living as a modern western country like Sweden or Germany, maybe (almost certainly) much higher thanks to far more advanced medical and technological resources.

How would it work though? They threw initiative out the window for 8th; 1 extra attack after your opponent swings? I dunno

>A world with Guilliman in it
>Utopia

>meant to be commorragh
>literally nothing but a brown plain against brown sky

... And I completely forgot about that. How do we differentiate that bonus from the ones NL and others get?

[hammer/backbreaking meme]

>Commorragh
>Literally the largest realm in the Webway, possibly planet-sized or larger
>Some of it might be brown
>Like maybe an arena or something

Really makes you think

>Rowboat travels with his xeno slut
How deliciously heretical.

>Yvraine
>My waifu
>Hareming it up with Jain Zar and Lelith Hesperax

How dare you criticize this wonderful person

Can this shit be canon? Thats fucking awesome! Have Super Ghengis come blasting out of the Webway on a burning and stolen raider, crash it into [insert badguys] and then go all Mongolian on the survivors, save some guardsmen or Rawbutt or something

Yeah, something not obnoxiously convoluted and whatnot, NL bonus is +1 to hit as well as extra attacks; in a sense the SoH gangfight rule was a watered down version of that.
Maybe:
>After both sides have conducted a close combat round, if you outnumber the enemy unit you may make an additional attack

i guess you could call it Artificer armour.

you're probably right and it's a shame.

8e is a solid ruleset and it was nice when 30k lists could play at 40k events.