Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Oldtroopers are Besttroopers edition.

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than dead

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xySKP7DO5zY
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/01/the-fate-of-konor-the-muster-begins-now-july1gw-homepage-post-1/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FalseUtopia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does one beat necrons in this edition as guard? Finding them a pain in the arse.

Taurox spam.

I wish this guy did Ork plastic card master classes

youtube.com/watch?v=xySKP7DO5zY

For a word bearers army, should I use the CSM box, Mk4 marines or Mk3 marines?

fucking
euros
for a single marine character

Luxury goods. And you only need 1 or 2. M:tG players can easily shell 30 per card and they need 60 of them.

Kiwis pay like 50 euros.

Non-Dark Vengeance CSM models are old and shitty so use whatever of those you like the look of. Personally I'd just use the 30K models.

>‘You are ta’lissera bonded to your team?’

>‘I have that honour, master,’ replied Wellclaim. ‘Six kai’rotaa now. We are very happy.’

>‘Take out your bonding knife.’

>‘Of… of course,’ said Wellclaim, reaching around to the ceremonial dagger she kept in a sheath at the base of her spine. She unclasped the lynx-skin sheath and unfurled the satin cummerbund that bound it around her waist, holding it forth for inspection. It was a truly beautiful example of its kind. She was always proud to show it off, and doubly so to an ethereal.

>‘Now. Take the bonding knife out of its sheath.’

>Wordlessly, she did so. The metal blade slid from its housing with a soft hiss. Something burned behind her eyes, in her throat, in her guts, making it hard to think.

>‘Now kill yourself.’

>Wellclaim reversed the knife in her hands and stabbed herself in the chest as hard as she could, burying the knife up to the hilt in her own heart. Eyes wide, she gasped out a welling glut of blood, toppled over, and spasmed her last.

>A delta of crimson spread out from beneath her, rivulets tracing the hexagonal mosaic tiles of the Ethereals Bringing Calm to Fio’taun.

>‘Clear this up,’ said Aun’Va to his shas’tral guards, ‘and find the other one.’

-Farsight (Book 3)

Fellow Taufags, let analyse this scene. Aun'Va makes a water caste lady to kill herself. Notice the burning sensation in her organs and the dullness of the mind before she obeys. Was this a psychic ability? Pheromones shouldn't work that quickly.

Note : Phil Kelly retconned the Tau blood to be red because he is a dick like that

which ever you think looks coolest, they're all appropriate choices.

Nobody beats the Warhamsters....

>TAU ARE THE GOOD GUYS, GUYS

>That TSons vs Necron battlerep

TSons are still overpriced garbage, i see.

literally can't be psychic ability

Damn the ethereals are really evil :o??

Primaris intercessor vs tactical squad

Which do you prefer and why? I dropped all my Primaris units and went back to using my grey hunters again; main reason being transportation.

Is this even a question? If you just need troops, Scouts are the best. Tactical Squads are better than Intercessors. The only Primaris you should be using is Hellblasters. Inceptors aren't bad but they're expensive.

Pheromones work virtually immediately upon sensing as they act through neurological circuitry

There is very little the ethereals could do that would make them worse then the other factions.
I say this as someone who despises tau.

Honestly it's taking the fuckng piss on GWs partin regards to its NZ pricing.

$74 NZ for a single character. Equivalent for 47.49 euros. And you have to buy the pair, so now your looking at $148 NZ.

Not all of them. Aun'Va is the most cruel and ambitious of them though.

Aun'shi is his opposite.

What in necrons is winning? Buddy is on a bad losing streak with his necrons and has lost all hope this edition. Artillery barrage with manticores and wyverns eats everything dont forget your master of ordinance. Punishers tanks are just fun yarrick walking behind pask and some tank commanders in punishers has been my fun list. Especially pasks 20 shots hitting on 2s rerolling ones.

How is he rerolling 1s?

>yarrick walking behind pask

Reading comprehension 101

>THE LEAST EVIL OF THESE ATROCIOUS EVIL SCUMBAG MONSTROSITIES ARE THE GOOD GUYS, GUYS

Part of me wants to get old-style heads and do a OldTrooper/NewTrooper mixup.

Orders. Pask can order himself.

guys c'mon.

Of course it's psyker shit GW has been keeping it as a really fucking obvious """""secret""""" for years

To be fair, the lady's pupil who happens to be a Tau waster caste that got corrupted by the power of Chaos stepped out of line and defied the authority of the Ethereals in the most important council in Tau history in front of everyone and revealed why they were trying to get rid of Farsight and putting the other Tau commanders on ice.

She needed to die to save face and he needed to die because he was a threat to stability.

Anyways, the Farsight expedition force muster numbered 100 billion dudes both Tau and non-Tau allies. That's like outnumbered entire craftworlds many times over. You lied to me teegee by saying the Tau are low on numbers.

How are you feeling about the new Primaris HQs, the Captain and the Librarian?

New Captain doesn't seem worth it next to the Gravis chap

>uplift entire species and build a fucking utopian society for them
>integrate other species into this empire, peacefully much of the time
>tell one guy to kill himself
Wow the ethereals have really done wrong by the tau haven't they.
It only says he can order OTHER tank commanders.

First attempt with new list builder, any thoughts?

show us your list

>100 billion dudes both Tau and non-Tau allies
including 1 billion kroot dogs and gorillas

and now there arent any rules for these
thanks FW

And the Damocles Crusade deployed billions of guard and dozens of chapters and several hundred fleet ships in its most recent iteration up from the boarder skirmish it was in previous editions.

GW has no concept of numbers and cares not for internal consistency in any way.

>utopian society

It isn't.

Murdering even a single innocent "for the greater good" has been a popular evil trope for decades.

>Evil

We got some information about the size of the Damocles Crusade from this novel. It' said it was so big that the Tyrant of the Maelstorm would be shaken by it, let alone an upstart race.

>No crimes
>No natural diseases
>technology and drones doing half of the work

I don't see how it isn't.

She wasn't an innocent though. She is responsible for her pupil's actions. She brought him to the council and he nearly screwed things up. It's fortunate that nobody believed him.

30 can get you 3 versatile Infinity characters that will bring serious new variables to your lists + a meal at burger King or a kebap after leaving the store.

GW is still an unbalanced overpriced mess. Balancing this huge model range is sadly impossible anyway, wait a couple months when the new stupid shit has crystallized. The most satisfying part of the hobby are the first months after new editions drop, when everything is an exciting unexplored land of unclear power
distribution.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/01/the-fate-of-konor-the-muster-begins-now-july1gw-homepage-post-1/

Which side will you join?

>Ozymandias wasn't Evil

>I don't see how it isn't.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FalseUtopia

Better Squiggoth rules when?

Stampede working on a 2+ when?

>Was wondering how I was going to make my C130 Wazbom Blastajet
>Forgot I was subscribed to this guy
Thank you for the reminder user

Probably when FW realizes not everyone wants space marines, so literally never

How are the new Adeptus Mechanicus ?

>valkyrie with rocket pods costs 151
>vulture with twin punisher cannons costs 152
The transport capacity REALLY doesn't seem worth it there.

>so literally never

That's because companies market towards "most people" and not "those few people who aren't everyone".

FW is smart enough to make half a dozen Tau suits and Knights, so clearly the massive amount of Ork players are just shitty customers who never buy anything, and that sounds about right as they'd rather scratch build a Potato Head Gargant than buy a Squiggoth.

Do we think the Primaris Captain/Lt./Ancestor from Dark Imperium Box will only be available in that box? On the AoS box things like the Lord Relictor were only available that way. I know they have other versions of some coming out but I wonder if those specific weapon/armor/pose will only be available through that to get people to buy it.

How is Meta at 1000 points? I imagine this will do well against hordes but I'm not sure against armies at range. Footslogging isn't going to be as effective until I get Iron Hands chapter tactics back.

How did you fixed the builde? I am drunk and angular is hard.

It is only good for deepstrike trolling or transporting short range/melee units right next to the enemy.
Like some Stormtroopers with melta and be within melta range, or some Ogryns.

Valks are made for love and passion, not waacfagging

>2 mono-pose chad heros
>45 quid
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>look mommy I meme again!

I just never shut down the tab on firefox. Still seems to work.

They don't define the Tau Empire as one in their tabletop games section, checkmate atheists.

But really though, I think it'd be hard to imagine such a large civilization wouldn't have its skeletons in its closet, but I think its a commonly made mistake of trying to assume the Tau are just blue humans under mind control. To them, they isn't anything wrong because they've evolved to follow the ethereals as a "queen" caste. I've not read Farsight yet, but it could be an interesting character development for him to realise that it's simply impossible to make a just society, and has to end up making the same compromises the Ehtereals do, but without the benefit of the control exerted by their kind.

The on a 2 must be intended to be 2+. I know of nothing else like that which is not on 6 or 1.

Question.
Farsight Enclaves are renegades and separatist. If so why does the Empire give them all their new fancy stuff?

Nice link fgt.

I don't know maybe it is intentional that I can run multiple Celestine.
After all this is the most play tested edition ever!

I think the line in the books is that it gets leaked out by defectors and spies, but it is a bit daft that they get everything the main empire does. Maaaaybe I could understand Riptides, as they're now fairly prolific in standard use, but the alternate XV104s, Stormsurge and Ta'unars are all rare, if not still in the prototype stages.

It seems possible that he has plenty of Earth Caste Tau amongst the Enclaves who keep tinkered Ng and developing technology.

>Celestine
>Celestin
>Celestina
>Celestinia
>Celesta

Go nuts.

D:

Inceptors are really good, only 8 power for the squad. Much better than the 12 power for hellblasters.

It all just depends on what army building system you're using

Farsight sympathisers have leaks the recent Tau tech to the Enclaves. It's implied that Aun'shi is behind this since the ship that carried most of the tech-plans and new Tau suit models bears his name.

so do we have any kind of list builder at the moment or do i have to go back to notepad?

Assblasters*

Fixed that for you

notepad, excel or if you really want to torture yourself battlescribe

Battlescribe.
They fixed most of the errors and you can export nicely if you know what you are doing.

anyone have a sample competitive eldar wraith list

>power
found the problem

400 pages of index versus 135 pages of index? Oh and xenos players don't get to add anything to the story?

What a joke!

Joke Index for joke factions :^)

But it's either too much info or too spacious

See what kind of friendly productive thread we can have with Tau posting? Guardfags fuck off forever.

Don't kick the cage ffs

T3 master race!

T3! T3! T3!

Are you actually serious?

What's their band name again?
: ^ )

GW favoring IoM is nothing new, but it's ok because they totally lose some meaningless backwater planets that have 0 relevancy to anything as they have countless billion planets (exactly as much as plot needs) and occassionaly some minor skirmishes to tau.

ok nevermind I just checked that

he wasn't joking

>Countless billion planets

Ffs, lern 2 lore

You mean Space Marines! Now Primaris Marines!
For fuck sake Fall of Cadian didn't even have a single IG release and it was their own home world getting fucked up.

at least they motherfucking finally put back weapon/head options

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm asking for my understanding: As long as units share the same faction, they can be taken in the same detachment and be battle-forged, correct?

So, I could take a Space Marine captain, a Space Marine tactical squad, a unit of Wulfen, and a Leman Russ, all in a Patrol Detachment and still be battle-forged, since they all share the Imperium faction keyword, correct?

>local GW only let people join summer campaign if you buy dark imperium or a start collecting box
Yeah, nah, fuck off.

>23 pounds for a plastic captain
>meanwhile the terminator chaplain is 13 pounds
>FUCKING LYSANDER IS 13 POUNDS

This motherfucker costs as much as a Techmarine with a retinue of 4 servitors.

What the fuck.

Yes

yes. for example guard doesn't get priests or psykers in their own section of the book so they have to get them from ministorum and telepathica

Yup! For now there's nothing wrong with it, though obviously faction-specific rules only affect their faction. It'll probably change when codices get released though in some manner.

Ring up head office m8, they'll shit down his neck for scaring off customers

Guys, what should I pick? After decades of contemplation I managed to choose three factions - Orks, T'au and Nurgle Daemons. Like the fluff and aesthetic of all of them.
- Orks seem to be a lot of fun with all this kitbashing, mixing the models and making custom thrash terrains.
- T'au have this neat tactical look and retro sci-fi flavor.
- Nurgle Daemons seem to be really easy to run and collect and also I can use them to play AoS (have some players in my area)

I want to play 1000pts and 1500pts games so I don't really want a swarm army - something like ~40 models for 1000pts would be okay.
I'm also okay with different playstyles so it doesn't matter if army is strictly melee or shooting focused.
I want also want to keep it low-budget and base the army on boxed-deals like start collecting and armoured assault boxes
>inb4 ebay
Fourth World country here - ebay is not a thing in my country and shipping costs are ridiculous so I have to buy in LGSs but they have 20%-25% discounts on GW prices so it's not this bad. Also I don't really want to fuck with used and painted models

What about the other Primaris captain with non-gravis armour? Where is it?