Do you accept Bitcoin?

>Do you accept Bitcoin?

"No"...

What needs to happen for this to happen?

>bitcoin

Is this legit?
I am so hungry right now.
All my money is in coins

Bitcoin is meme shit for libertarians and other right-wing dregs who don't understand how money works.

What? People who use currency inherintly understand how currency works, thats how they know its currency. What is your argument?

the problem is bitcoin isn't so much an actual currency more than it is a liquid asset like gold or silver. Not everyone accepts bitcoins and the similar variants of it, and those who do cash it out for real money as quickly as they can because they too know they cannot hold bitcoins forever. The people who do hold onto bitcoin for the purposes of investment rather than exchange are purely playing a speculation game in hopes that they end up making money off of their liquid assets.

Until cryptocurrencies become a widely accepted standard for exchange among all major markets to the point where it can truly be called a currency alternative, it is not in and of itself a currency.

Now gb2

Here's my vain attempt to get this shit into a legitimate topic:

What are the traits of a good currency?

>Daddy State said this is useless as a coin and that you should only use his "accept these jew promises or will send a supercarrier group to liberate your country" money!

I like you.

stop running up your parents' electric bill and get a real job

There are no longer real jobs user.
Now everything is "International Community managment assistant COO"

Based on a resource required to sustain life.

Well yeah. Money is backed by bullets.

It used to be backed by gold *and* bullets, but alas, only lead now.

I like this. It's what Japan used in the feudal and pre-feudal eras. It needs to be based on a relatively singular resource, but rice was really all they could grow effectively.

On a arid planet, water would work quite well. Given the advancement and requirement of technology for society to function, oil might.

Just go work for the CIA as a meme-magician. They'll pay six figures if you make Pepes for them to troll ISIS with.

Fuck I hate the federal government and central banking, Gaddifi was framed, and Pinochet did nothing wrong!

Wrong board, guys

The problem with that is that you get much, much more bang for your buck with 10 kilos of rice, compared to 10 kilos of water. Water doesn't transport easily, and carrying enough for even a small crew would take up most of a ship's cargo hold. Same issue with oil, neither are particularly good for day to day business because of the weight. You'd still be better off trading food, or something arid places have a hard-to-copy bunch of, like fossils.

>oil might
The problem is that oil is consumed when used, and has a limited shelf life once refined. It also has an incredibly low cost:volume ratio when compared to gold, and doubly so when compared to blockchain currencies.

Gold is actually pretty shit as a currency because the supply can't scale with the population.

I think OP was quite aware that he was posting this thread on Veeky Forums.

>the American government is evil so I'm gonna use a currency that is currently being controlled by the Chinese because they're much less evil.

I've never met a libertarian that wasn't a retard.

This

Libertarians are as bad as communists in how they listen to their own speeches so much that they genuinely believe them

Why is deflating currency necessarily a problem? Wouldn't it encourage people to save money because it would gain value over time? Currently saving money is a pretty raw deal because inflation is much higher than the interest accrued from savings accounts.

Even the best savings accounts have 1% APY, while inflation is around 2-3%. You do the math.

>a currency that is currently being controlled by the Chinese because they're much less evil.
How does the Chinese government control bitcoin?