MTG Modern General

Custom card edition.

>thoughts on this card?
>would this card make an impact in modern and if so how?
>what ideas do you guy have for custom cards?

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

why the fuck are you posting a custom card as the image for modern general?

Because its the custom card edition for modern. What do you think of this card?

stupidly overpowered. take it down to 1 +1/+1 counter per land and ditch indestructible and you might have a printable card.

>turn 2 6/7 indestructible hexproof
>in any way balanced
>not even formatted correctly
Pretty much what I expect from the custom card thread
>Modern general
This better be bait

I'm not talking about your shitty card. Make a custom card general if you want to talk about your shitty card. Don't hijack modern general with your inane crap. I'll be over here in the actual modern general.

>turn 2 6/7 with hexproof and indestructible
Yeah, that sounds fine
kys

Just use path to exile on it.

uh? Hexproof?

No, not just that.
>fetch into shocks
>turn 2 flying indestructible hexproof 6/7 with haste and lifelink

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.... Ha ha... Heh... Ha ho... Sweet Jesus.... No, just... No...

Autism speaks

Use supreme verdict or damnation then.

>that art
>that templating
>no color indicator
>shit balance

Who are you and what have you done with the real Modern general?

This card better be bait

Modern is the Custom Card Thread of formats.

That's one spicy meatball of a card.

uh? indestructible? You're probably fucking with me, but on the off chance that you aren't, have you ever actually read the cards?

what's the best version of Elves atm?

Just use runed halo then.

This is why custom cards don't show up in real Magic discussions.

Because they're NEVER FUCKING TESTED
and they're either busted to hell or goddamn awful.

your card is retarded and so are you for making a modern general with a custom card theme

Kys cunt

Because it's a perfect mascot for Modern - shitty, outdated, nonsensical, and yet somehow still presented as if it was something respectable.

>inb4 "oh yeah well [format] is even worse!" as if that's any defense of Modern

?
No format is perfect, user.

The only problem I have right now is how expensive decks are. But elaborate:

How does it make no sense?
How is it shitty?
How is it outdated?

Please explain.

>makes no sense
The dividing line for whether a card is Modern legal is whether it's printed in a core set (ignoring all supplimental products for no particular reason) and whether that core set came after the switch to the new card frame (something that has no mechanical relevance). The Modern card pool is completely arbitrary.

>Outdated
The purpose, supposedly, as to be a middle ground between cheap, low-power to entry Type 2 and expensive, high-power Type 1. But the power level is crazy high, only slightly lower than Legacy, and the price barrier to entry is still high enough to be flat-out prevent most people from being able to play.

>Shitty
Mostly I was just calling the card shitty - the text is a little fucked and has bad templating, the subtype only works if it's an artifact creature, the frame is wrong for its color, and the mana cost is too low. The ability might be okay but to balance it the mana cost would need to be so high that you'd never hard cast it anyway. Oh, and it's a jpeg. Unless you're uploading a high rez photograph there is no reason to use jpeg on the internet in 2017. Jpeg artifacts should be considered a crime against humanity.

A decision being arbitrary doesn't automatically make it bad. They had to cut off the cards somewhere to limit the power level, and that's where they chose. Would there be a better place for modern legality to start?

I feel like it serves its purpose just fine; they police the format to keep out the turn-3-win bogeyman. I agree on the price, though; competitive decks are just way too expensive.

The dividing line being 8th is fucking arbitrary, but the rationale that only Standard legal cards get put INTO Modern makes fine fucking sense.

>So stupidly broken and OP that it belongs in HOU.