Actual Modern General

Now with 100% less irrelevant crap edition.
Please let the other one die.

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

What are your favorite decks?
How do they tech against your local meta?
Do you have any pet decks?

>What are your favorite decks?
Mono Red Tron, Skred, 8-Whack, Goblinstorm
>How do they tech against your local meta?
I don't have a meta because nobody plays fucking magic around here.
>Do you have any pet decks?
Naya Allies

I see yoy like Red. I also like Red. What's your list for red Tron, why do you play it, and what do you think the advantage is over GB Tron?

I like red Tron because it gives me access to Blood Moon.

It's basically just a bad tron deck, but it's using Blasphemous Act, burn doublers and Stuffy Doll to meme people out of the game.

If you ask for actual advantages, it's probably better against fast aggro decks that aren't death's shadow. Which isn't horrible, since that's how you usually beat Tron.

That's a spicy meme, friend. I'll try it out next Friday.

Oh and if you can't find a Doll, just Banefire them for 33 and don't give a fuck about Counterspells.

>top decks are Grixis Shadow and Eldrazi Tron

Does anyone else feel like Selesnya Charm/Selesnya decks could be well positioned as an anti-meta deck? The 5 or higher power is easily met by the Eldrazi/Death's Shadow. If DS tries to to target you with discard, the Charm can make a 2/2 vigilance blocker in response, leaving your hand full of nonland cards like Loxodon Smiter. Similarly, if a Reality Smasher touches down, you can Selesnya Charm/Path to Exile to remove it, then discard a Smiter/Wilt-Leaf to the effect and have it come into play. You've got Wrath of God incase you come up against go-wide strategies like Merfolk and Elves, and the Charm lets your creatures punch through with trample. White gives you access to probably the best side-board silver bullets in the game too, things like Rule of Law to disrupt Storm, Stony Silence against Affinity, and Rest in Peace against Dredge. Plus cards like Suppression Field are just miserable for decks using a lot of Fetchlands or Planeswalkers.

Idk, it just seems pretty versatile, which we've seen can be valuable in a spell like Blessed Alliance, yet no deck is taking advantage of it (or any Green/White decks being played at all).

But how do you win? Just hating everyone else out? Make a bunch of tokens?

Best answer to grixis death shadow is protection from black, which pretty much only white gets. Think about it, how does gds deal with protection from black if u resolve it

They discard it from your hand before you can resolve it.

Hitting them in the face with a 4/4 seems like a solid plan, idk. I wouldn't got wide with Selesnya tokens, it seems like B/W does a better job on the token front (particularly with Sorin) and it hobbles White's ability to Wrath of God effectively.

Is there any good temur decks in modern?

Also, how do you deal with E. Tron's mainboard chalices?

Most of his beaters are cmc 3 or 4, so I don't think he gets hit by chalice too hard.

Leyline of sanctity. Oh no, shields up

Artifact/enchantment destruction is way in green and white. Plus charm and path means they need two chalices out.

Eternal Command is pretty fun.

Scapeshift for the control/combo feels. However it's inferior to titanshift ...

I have a modern pptq soon what do I play, my options are:

eldrazi & taxes, g/x tron, merfolk

Tron

RUG delver is loads of fun but pretty difficult to pilot

thanks m80, I'm thinking g/b with push and collective brutality

I haven't played for a while.
Is the infinite mana + recruiter + ballista combo just straight up better than the old finks combo in chord decks?

Why is the crap thread getting pushed.

I've been running Jund Delerium. Words well enough

It's debatable

Both have their perks

I main Rakdos Tempo Control. Basically blow everything up and become a huge threat.

My favorite deck is my Tribal Rakdos Minotaurs, aka my Moo-Moo deck. My group fucking hates it with a passion.

>Felhide Petrifier + Rageblood Shaman + Neheb, the Worthy = Deathtouch / Trample / +1/+1 / Firststrike / +2/+0

>Lord of Shatterskull Pass + Felhide + Lvl 6 = Swing for boardwipe

>Anaba Shaman + Felhide = (M)(>): Destroy target creature

>Kragma Warcaller + Neheb the Worthy = +4/+0 and Haste and Firststrike

Though Mogis is not a "Minotaur", I run two of him because, c'mon he's a fucking Minotaur.

Also run some Dreadbore, Terminate, and Unlicensed Disintegration for extra removal. I have 4x Darksteel Citadel and 2x Rakdos Signets as artifacts for UD to trigger off of.

Scry with Temple of Malice, and gain life through Whip of Erebos.

I've beat the fuck out of Elf decks with it and have stomped out 34 damage with just four creatures before. Most I've swung with recently was 84 with 9 creatures.

Than, the icing on the cake... Savage Beating. Sweet, sweet Double Strike + 2nd Combat Phase. This also re-triggers Kragma and Neheb, as they are once again attacking and the turn has not ended. So slap an additional +2/+0 for each one of them onto everything again.

this sounds like kitchen table jank 2bh

Oh, it very much is ;)

It was one of the first Tribal decks I wanted to build but it kept falling short. Kaladesh / Amonkhet really tied it together with UD and Neheb.

>rug delver

RUG delver crashes and burns in the wrong hands but holds together nicely if the pilot isn't timmy playing his big fat goyfs with giant numbers instead of sitting on counterspells like a proper tempo player does

>Nonland (37)
3 Thoughtseize
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Path to Exile
2 Fatal Push
4 Serum Visions
1 Countersquall
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Dark Confidant
3 Geist of Saint Traft
1 Esper Charm
4 Lingering Souls
1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 Supreme Verdict
2 Tasigur the Golden Fang
>Land (23)
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Watery Grave
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Drowned Catacomb
2 Vault of the Archangel
1 Ghost Quarter
2 Island
1 Swamp
1 Plains
2 Creeping Tar Pit

Well Veeky Forums? Am I a retarded for running Bob and Tasigur?

Dick pics??

Oh, so you expect to have a combo of leyline+protection from black? That's unreliable at best.

Holy fuck this potato camera.
Switch a war marshal for another piledriver, yes or no?

Lel,

Scarab Nest + Black Sun Zenith is HILARIOUS

>Still using Deadshot Minotaur in the current year

First time taking it out? What sorts of results is it giving you?

dude what

list?

muhfugga a 1 mana cycler is a 1 mana cycler

What else are you going to run in his slot?

List doesn't matter. Just have a Nest of Scarabs out, then cast Black Sun's Zenith for a larger amount. For example if there is 3 creatures on the battlefield and you cast BSZ putting 5 counters on each creature, you get 15 scarabs. I just cast it again afterward :D

Haven't tested it yet, only just put it together and ordered the cards. My LGS is pretty cool about proxies if you're actually making a deck though. It's almost impossible to make a bad goodstuff deck from good cards though.

Something that won't kill my archfiend of ifnir, like more archfiends, or twisted abomination.

Is there any fun to be had with a white life gain deck based around things like ajanis pridemate and felidar sovereign? maybe also ajani mentor of heroes. I'm pretty new to magic constructed but i've been playing the game for quite a while and want to make my own deck at some point soon

Ajani's Pridemate? Yes.
Look up Soul Sisters, runs 4 Soul Warden 4 Soul Attendant 4 Pridemate, as well as some other neat stuff.
Fairly well positioned at the moment I feel too, especially if you can afford a few Aurioks.

Fuck. Was just flip flopping between building fish and faeries and now I wanna build something with this.

how does the BW eldrazi (not EnT) deck matchup against GDS and ETron?

>What are your favorite decks?
Currently: Affinity, Grixis Shadow.

>How do they tech against your local meta?
Plenty of graveyard hate (Nihil Spellbomb).

>Do you have any pet decks?
Define pet deck.

>Want to take picture of Ponza
>Can't, left it at the shop so a regular could borrow some Chandras for a standard PPTQ being held there today
He'd made top 8 last I heard.

>Still using 2 mana cyclers in current year

I really want to like this for some kind of eldrazi or just big guys in general deck but I'm not quite sure.

in modern it may or may not do anything. Stay skeptical though, scry 3 for a blue is pretty nice.

I can see it in some kind of RUG or BUG reanimator or cheat things into play deck. It would need some testing. If you want to try it out you could always try and pre-order a playset.

what a bout a life gain deck in general?

Yes. Not only does it kill your opponent, you can still gain infinite life.

I want to brew some kind of UG Tron garbage with this and UG Nissa

Absolutely, yes.

Tron doesn't run that many creatures though. And half of the ones it DOES run want to be cast.

>"X isn't good against this deck because they can just thoughtseize it"

By that logic even a card that said "2W: Search target opponents deck a choose a card named "Death's Shadow" if you do that player loses the game" wouldn't be good against Death's Shadow because they could force you to discard it.

It's like an even more retarded version of "dies to removal"

Anyone who plays Storm here?
Since I've main decked some apostles blessing to get 0 mana protection from single removal spells the deck seems to win consistently enough against most meta decks, but the few people who play uw make the match up seem almost impossible
Echoing Truth distrupts shit like rule of law, rest in peace and the such, but the abundance of cheap counterspells make it too fucking hard to combo off, expecially since spell snare is a thing and half the deck has 2 mana spells
I already side in dispels and spell snares, have no idea what else to do
Any suggestions?

if only the green part actually cast them it would be top tier user.

it's still nice for casual play.

there any good izzet decks?

There's nothing you can bring in without watering down your combo, and your opponent still has answers to anything you could bring it. Hope of Ghirapur is great and all but it eats the Paths your opponent left in anyway. Pact of Negation is arguably your best option but it's a dead card elsewhere.

How do you beat Grixis Shadow?

I'd like to play UR Storm, but in my testing, it seems a pretty rough matchup.

-UR Storm
-Possibility Storm
-UR Delver

Don't know if they're good, especially with Death Shadow Grixis making the last one practically obsolete at the moment. Possibility Storm is hilarious because of how you can cast 0 for Emrakul as early as turn 3 with the nuts.

>Lands
4 x Blackcleave Cliffs
4 x Bloodstained Mire
2 x Blooming Marsh
3 x Verdant Catacombs
1 x Blood Crypt
1 x Watery Grave
1 x Stomping Ground
1 x Overgrown Tomb
1 x Swamp
1 x Forest
>Creatures
1 x Dread Wanderer
4 x Insolent Neonate
4 x Gravecrawler
4 x Bloodghast
4 x Prized Amalgam
4 x Hollow One
4 x Street Wraith
4 x Vengevine
>Spells
4 x Faithless Looting
3 x Lightning Axe
4 x Cathartic Reunion
1 x Faithless Looting

>Turn 1
Play an untapped red source, Faithless Looting discarding 2 Vengevines, cycle a Street Wraith, play 4 Hollow ones for 0 mana, get back 2 Vengevines, swing for 8

24 power on the board turn 1. Sounds good to me famalam.

Don't post in this thread ever again

Can you not read?

what modern deck should I buy into that isn't likely to get banned out

True, and the scarab replace the other scarabs.

And indestructible is fuxxxed.

Use that scare crow that cannot get counters on it, and merlinas green guards, janky

forgot to say something on the fast side that's kinda Johnny would be preferable

"put onto battlefield" =/= "cast"

They do this just so they can make a card like that and no one will try making it work with Emrakul.
Don't talk shit if you don't know it.

>Can you not read?
Right back at you.

Burn has been relevant since the inception of the format and won't see any bans.

For those who think it sucks, it just top 8'd a GP.

Wtf.
5 faithless looting and bad grave yard math.

Now I know I am on Veeky Forums

Can't ever go wrong with Burn.

my 4-color balance deck wait for this card

seems like RWg is the current way to build it, and all I would need is fetches and I have the deck

can't wait to count to 21

I see you guys are so taking the worst kinds of bait

If you want higher variance, just play the Greater Gargadon version of dredge.

>I was merely pretending to be retarded

Your use of "so" makes me think you're underage as well.

Stay mad lmao

Why are you shitposting?

Hope you have fun, brother. Don't forget to slow-roll against Death's Shadow. Horde spells and wait until you can kill them in one turn with spells through counter magic. Pretty soon you'll be spell-slinging with the best of us.

even if he's mad it will pass; you being retarded won't

Why are you responding

How long it take to come up with that, sweetie?

>sweetie
sickest of burns

Obviously rustled your jimmies enough for a reply

retard is a (you) farmer
not surprising, have another one

>he's so mad he HAS to have the last word
Kek

>he

>she

>it

All of you are faggots, get over it, now to actual business.

Pic related, I play living end and when I saw this, thought naw at first, but thinking a bit more, Im thinking, especially vs aggro match ups this can be brought out early to wall as you cycle into a massive as fuck living end, or post living end, cycle and hard cast for 3-0 mana. Worst comes to worst it's a 2 drop draw a card 4/4 vanilla beatstick.

Is there a deck that plays 4 goyf and 4 grim flayer?
Is gb/jund delirium even a thing?

I saw plenty of Junk Midrange running both, but that was before death's shadow destroyed the format.

What's expensive in Merfolk other than Vials? Just caverns/mutas?

Just those, yeah.
Everything else is pretty cheap by Modern standards.