If the Gatewatch is the Justice League of MtG, who are the Avengers?

If the Gatewatch is the Justice League of MtG, who are the Avengers?

They are the Avengers, because they fit the bill of Marvels writing perfectly

Whoever Ajani and whoever he recruits to the team

Jacetice League is a pun.

They're just the generic superhero band of MtG.

The niggas out dealing with New Phyrexia. Karn, Koth, Elspeth, and Venser.

RIP

The Weatherlight crew

The Praetors of New Phyrexia.

Because Marvel is evil.

Didn't they get BTFO by Bolas?

They're not the Justice League of MtG, they're the Team America of MtG.

Gatewatch - Power Rangers
Weatherlight Crew - Avengers
The Nine Titans - Justice League

Theyre actually the avengers, right down to cap/iron man dynamic

Lili is iron man

Not yet, but soon
I kind of hope they survive though, Gatewatch got pushed way too hard but its fundamentally a good idea even just to explain why a bunch of 'walkers have come to this specific plane at a specific moment for the story
If they dialed back on the main five and made it more like the Avengers are now (where pretty much everyone has been a member at some point) it could work

>The Nine Titans - Justice League

They ruined everything they touched and their solution to the main threat seemed to involve as much destruction as they could possibly manage.

Yeah, I buy that.

Maybe they are more like the Authority instead

That is something cool about alot of modern Avengers and Justice League and other super team stories, where you have this big expansive membership but only a few are around for any specific story because the others are off doing other things. It still wouldn't totally sell me on the new Magic story, but it could help.

That appears to be their new plot decision. In the announcement of the upcoming story/block changes, they said most sets wouldn't have all or even most of the Gatewatch but usually at least one.

I need cum to live.

>Sorin did nothing wrong!
>Nahiri was a good girl! She dindu nuffin!

Can we all just agree that the real villians here were the writers behind this ass-fucking-retarded storyline?

This hurts me deep in my feefees.

Sounds to me like you are going out of your way to find an excuse to be triggered by basic fucking plotlines.

WOTC writes a story with a conflict where both sides were kind of dicks about it, and you come within a hairs breadth of shitting all of your blood out of your body in meme-rage.

It was an Oldwalker pissing match just like the old days of Magic lore, nothing more.

Casual here

I have been interested in lore and was wondering where to get started, with books or online articles. Does anyone have some advice?