archive.org/details/msdos_Fallout_1997
youtu.be/3BTXbidjWrw
youtu.be/I6JZW7zMDfY
youtu.be/95ZtvgeTXxg
youtu.be/AsbHxP4LuGo
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16915/?
youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Fgo8uM9IArOHd5ZkQ2V0hNSVk?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1TszvB-8WOJt7TU_lZ-Bjuqs9Y0aZVoFjYo-Sb4qdKVo/edit?usp=sharing
toneytower.wordpress.com/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22823/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?
mega.nz/#!gjIVQahB!LJV4dfPcibNyTP2FM2jRLYbBuNp-0kOudxD3ChGN7gU
wccftech.com/bethesdas-pete-hines-infuriates-fallout-4-fans-not-interested-in-discussing-how-realistic-things-are/
pastebin.com/gfUz5Bf5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post good songs that fit Fallout but aren't on the soundtrack.

I'll start.

youtube.com/watch?v=caBRGOoJrWM
youtube.com/watch?v=Hi5q3Gq6UhI

Here are some free open source downloads of Fallout 1.

Haven't actually tried to see if they work, but are at least probably safe to download.

archive.org/details/Fallout_201704
archive.org/details/msdos_Fallout_1997

youtu.be/3BTXbidjWrw
youtu.be/I6JZW7zMDfY
youtu.be/95ZtvgeTXxg
youtu.be/AsbHxP4LuGo

From a playlist for a fallout 4 mod I'm planning.

Having a game of all Deathclaws, trying to build a Jacobstown type place for intelligent Claws. Advice for us to make it work?
As well, I can describe the party:
-Our charismatic leader, who learned to read from Chinese propaganda and spec ops manuals
-The Warmaster, who's invested into all melee damage
-Me, who's trying to be an old deathclaw that wants his territory respected as elder.
-The 'umie, who acts as our mediator towards human settlements.

That is... pretty interesting.

Everything by Sinatra and most things by Elvis, many, MANY songs by/covered by Ray Charles.

"I Can't Stop Loving You." Is nearly *Perfect* Fallout about living in old memories, double meaning of course being not just a lost love, but the pre-war world.

Deathclaws run together in packs, even the intelligent ones.

Try playing with that.

Maybe have a settlement formed by an alpha deathclaw that was ousted by a younger deathclaw, like lions do.

Jacobstown was sort of a support group for all the mutants after The Master died. Maybe make a similar sort of town for all the Deathclaws that were experimented on by the Enclave?

Have a bump, fellow survivors.

I don't know if there's much interest in this, but back when Fallout Tactics came out there was a special edition pre order cd that came with rules for playing a tabletop miniatures game with printable paper miniatures called Fallout Warfare.

It took me a little while to find it, but its an interesting little gem. Everything uses a D10 roll-under system where your SPECIAL stat is what you're trying to roll under.

I have the files for all the factions and the vehicles sheet, if people are interested.

So the Fallout threads just became a weekend general? That's cool.

How common can energy weapons be in the Wasteland? The van Graffs somehow had enough energy weapons to sell to Fiends, but it wasn't ever explained how they produced them or otherwise got so many.

What model\texture would you like to see in a F4 mod? As far as I see on the Nexus, there's currently not much of actually bulky power armors. Also been thinking about something from Shadowrun arms.

Theoretically there ought to be tons at US army bases. Additionally, most of the Old World USA was high tech, so presumably parts to repair weapons or create improvised new ones should be feasible for someone with the technical know how. That technical knowledge is likely the key to the Van Graffs business, and selling to the fiends allows them to buy parts scavenged from the wasteland without having to worry about raiders. Cause who's gonna raid the fiends?

there's a few, tumba and that mad jap who made the mutant dolphin enemy mod have done some.
Speaking of which, i'd be fully in favour of said killer dolphins as a canon enemy, maybe trained military ones fucked up on FEV?

This one? nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16915/?

Fallout Warfare is included with Tactics if you get it from GOG.

Something I really like about Fallout as a setting is that it's not just a post-apoc setting - it's a setting where all this new stuff is coming into its own. NV did a real good job of making you question if you wanted the old world back, or wanted this new one to struggle and grow.

What's the state of San Francisco by the end of Fallout 2? Wanted to run a semi lore friendly campaign in the bay

There's no official lore on the subject - it's not mentioned in later games. For all we know, it exists exactly as it was left in Fallout 2.

You could have fun playing with the idea of a more expansionistic NCR trying to exert their influence over San Francisco as a potential seaport, though - helping them connect with other territories, or supporting the ranger mission to Baja. Maybe it becomes a place of refuge for those not exactly friendly with the NCR, like Enclave remnants or criminals, or businesses that haven't done well under the NCR's government.

Thanks, that's about what I thought
As a follow up question, how big of a region do you usually prepare before a campaign?

youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I

What's an area of the US that you never see brought up in Fallout, but you really wish you could see?

Being from the Midwest, I want to know what's happening in Michigan. There's a lot of potential there. You've got Detroit, which apparently became a wartime production powerhouse in the 21st Century and could be a key industrial center in the post-war world, the Great Lakes themselves, which are filled with vital fresh water for new civilizations, and it's sandwiched between the two (relatively) canon civilizations of BoS-held Chicago and (Tor)Ronto. That's all great potential fodder for narrative and worldbuilding.

anyone got a D100 fallout system for me to pick up, i've been looking form one recently, only started my search and I saw this thread, mind spoonfeeding me with something that works mechanically soundly?

I'm gonna put my fallout gog files into a 7zip and upload it to mega for you nerds.

not at my computer now tho.

one of the things that made the USA special as opposed to generic mad-max shit was the ubiquity of high tech stuff.

If bethesda weren't so lazy and clueless there'd be fusion/fission powered cars all over the place. Instead we're seeing raiders making powered armor which is 100x more complicated than making a fucking car.

anyways they'd be present on military bases but plasma weapons were originally repurposed industrial tools and lasers had a tendency of succumbing to the elements so you'd need to cobble something together.

I haven't actually tried them myself, but two anons were working on an RPG:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Fgo8uM9IArOHd5ZkQ2V0hNSVk?usp=sharing

docs.google.com/document/d/1TszvB-8WOJt7TU_lZ-Bjuqs9Y0aZVoFjYo-Sb4qdKVo/edit?usp=sharing

If nothing else, there's always PDF related. Old and a bit outdated and clunky, but it should work.

>fusion/fission powered cars all over the place

Debatable. Depending on the source, fusion varying degrees of common/uncommon in America before the bombs fell. That's the whole point, really.

nah see, fallout isn't Post-Apocalyptic, its Post-Post-Apocalyptic, its about rebuilding and making the same old mistakes.

'War Never Changes.'

should be pockets of that uber tech being maintained and used at least.

And christ despite bethesda's obsession with arid wastelands there should be plenty of forests around for wood, alcohol is easy to make, coal should be around.

Plenty of sources of energy for cars.

Oh and Fusion was a military tech transitioning into civilian use. So it would probably be common in urban areas.

This pdf along with other materials is literally in the link in the OP, the "Fallout Complete Kit."

I assumed that a lot of the trees you see in fallout 4 are still alive, its just the game takes place in october so its fall. Would explain why theres so many leaves everywhere even though its been 200 years.

its lazy as shit though, as usual everything is a dirty mess save for a handful of locations. There's no greenery, no grass, no flowers... Go look at chernobyl, its been only a few decades and the place is a nature reserve. They're aping FO1 because they're designing from a formula.

and FO1 was a barren shithole because most of it takes place in the arid regions of california.

In the best ending, they create a radiation absorbing vine and become a major power in the area.

The Hubologists seem to die no matter what you do.

Info compiled on Modiphius' Fallout Wasteland Warfare here
toneytower.wordpress.com/

What are some good ideas for tribal factions that wouldn't be out of place most anywhere in the Fallout setting? As in, not tied to a specific spot by their history. Raider groups are useful as well.

Ran a game of Fallout last night using the Guns and Ammo book. Setting is Arizona, post-Legion's demise, about a year later.

I've been enjoying the hell out of fleshing out the setting. Last night they tied up combat with two giant mutant gila monsters, finished traveling with their caravan into an outpost along the old highway 85, then got paid for their troubles and hit up the bar.

Inside they found a Legionaire screaming at a desert ranger about how "Caesar's Legacy will rise," a notion and person that everyone present dismissed, the ranger ballsily so as he stared down the gladius in his face. The Legionaire stormed off, nobody having shot in the no-fire zone of the 85.

Then two of the party sit down to chat with the ranger while the third gambles with some tough-looking customers on a game of texas hold'em. The two and the ranger talk about the ranger's purpose being this far from NCR territory on his own - he's apparently tracking down a serial killer called the Queen of Hearts, a killer who cuts her victims up, puts them on display, and shoves the card of her namesake into their mouths.

At about the same time the session was ending and the dialogue with the ranger about the Queen came to a conclusion, the gambling player rolled really well on his Gambling skill (he's playing a 12 Luck ghoul, which is always hilarious). Finishing up with a crit and another good roll, I declare his winning hand none other than a royal flush - with the card making his hand being a queen of hearts.

I love thematic tie-ins. It's so fun to string the two separate parts of the party together with one theme like that.

It's a little bit on the nose, but it came up so well in the moment that even if it were less subtle it'd be hard to mind.

Love the fact that you're taking a chance to sit down and let things breathe a little, get a feel for the setting. The Legionnaire isn't just a quest-hook waiting to happen, though Caeser's Legacy could show up later.

Nah, this mad fucker
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22823/?
this is the armour he made incidentally
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?

A lot of tribals, both peaceful and raiders, are named after plants or animals.

It wouldn't be hard to whip up some generic primitives or raiders named after them.

That's about the idea I was going for, really. I'm trying to make the world a sandbox and give the three characters who don't really have much purpose or reason to be together (a Samurai Champloo-inspired hiphop melee girl wanting to share her fresh beats with the wastes, a fresh-from-a-vault guy with a pompadour wig turned ghoul after a fusion core incident, and a hunter-sniper runaway girl from a gang of human-hunting hunters) something they can unify against or work together towards, while still keeping each character as separate individuals so they don't just become "the party."

I throw a few baits out, let things tie together naturally, and let them pick and choose how they'll continue and approach things. I'm not looking to shoestring them along with THIS MAN FROM THE LEGION IS EVIL AND YOU CAN FOLLOW HIM HOME TO SLAUGHTER HIS CAMP AND GET NCR CRED quests or anything like that. The Legionnaire at the bar was really more as a setting of tone and pace and a small hint of things to come or that already exist which they can bump into if they take a wrong turn. My reasoning for him being there at all was that he was on the street preaching the word of the Caesar's Legacy with regard to the no-fire zone keeping him from getting lynched, before spotting, following, and angrily preaching to the ranger, so it's not like he was just /there/ either. He had a reason to be there, and that's how I'm gonna try and run the entire game.

I've already got a map on Roll20 of Arizona, stretched to scale with squares and measurements as accurate as I possibly could, and am running travel and random encounters like the classic Fallouts too. I've plotted some locations on the map already and thrown together ideas for what's gonna go down.

I'm excited for the clash between the squabbling Legion remains, the NCR, the western Brotherhood, and the midwestern Brotherhood from Tactics (which we've stretched canon a bit to make work), plus whatever Arizonan people put together

Asian robot, possibly inspired by.

Is Jet pre or post war

is X-01 pre or post war?

Are aliens canon?

Jet's post war. Invented by a creepy little shit in Fallout 2 named Myron. It's made with Brahmin shit.

>is X-01 pre or post war?
Post war
>Are aliens canon?
No.

X-01 or more appropiately named 'The Advanced Mk1 and 2'' is post war and developed by the enclave.

Jet is a product of brahmin mutations caused by genetically engineered feed stock, in short their shit contains amphetimine fumes and when processed you get a powerful extremely addictive drug.

So, yeah... Don't listen to Bethesda.

Aliens are canon now.

There was prewar jet. The explanation is that all the ambient radioactivity in prewar america subtly mutated the cows and allowed for jet production.

Fuck Mothership Zeta

there is no Prewar jet. This was laid out in Fallout 2. Myron created Jet for the Mordino family resulting in the death of at least one hundred slaves.

Radioactivity is in no way, shape, or form responsible for Jet.

mega.nz/#!gjIVQahB!LJV4dfPcibNyTP2FM2jRLYbBuNp-0kOudxD3ChGN7gU

also have Fallout 1 to Tactics.

But this isn't true anymore.

Myron claimed to have made it, but there are records of it existing already.

And radioactivity is indirectly responsible, since it's the brahmin, not cows, that make the ingredients. It's related to mutations as a result of radioactivity that happen in cows.

Bethesda's works bluntly contradict west coast canon. West Canon is superior to east coast canon by virtue of not being an incoherent self contradictory mess.

Myron invented Jet. Jet is a product of cow shit. Brahmin are cows.

No amount of wheedling changes this simple fact, there are no trustworthy prewar records of its existence and any claim otherwise is spurious bullshit.

you not liking bethesda doesn't change what is or isn't canon. Spreading false information in discussions among people who want to learn about fallout because you dislike some parts of the lore is a disservice and irresponsible.

>but there are records of it existing already
Where?

He is in no way wrong. Bethesda's canon is fucking atrocious and should be discarded in cases where it contradicts the original games.

He is absolutely, factually incorrect. Disagreeing with the people who write fallout's canon makes you wrong. It's like if Tolkien said Aragorn was gay. It doesn't matter if you think it's dumb.

Bethesda calls the shots, and they've made changes including the frequency of aliens, when jet first showed up, and when some power armor models were designed. Among other things.

I felt what you're currently feeling when star wars had their change of hands. Boba Fett didn't jump out of the sarlacc pit anymore and Han and him never had adventures together when they were both old men. and I think that's dumb. But if I post on the internet disagreeing I don't get to change it.

Not factually, actually. It's your opinion that just because Bethesda is running things right now that their changes to established canon are somehow more valid than the original canon created by the creators and original writers. As far as I'm aware there's no rule saying that everybody has to consider the most recent version of the canon the most valid one.

>Boba Fett didn't jump out of the sarlacc pit anymore
> on July 16, 2014, Star Wars author and historian Jonathan W. Rinzler stated in a Reddit AMA that Lucas has said that Boba also survived the sarlacc in the new canon

It's not an opinion. When a member of Bethesda Game Studios lore management team says something, it's true.

If Obsidian contradicts it, they are also wrong. Because they don't own the rights to the franchise. Bethesda does.

Bethesda has said that they'll leave the west coast alone and that the stuff Obsidian wrote can be true for that region and that they won't mess with it, but that when it does directly contradict something that does affect both coasts, such as the existence of aliens, when jet was first produced, and when the X-01 was designed, that the new stuff takes precedent. The stuff written by the people who own the IP.

If I write a book, and then sell the rights to someone and they change all my characters as being gay, guess who's right?

It's so funny to me that you're sticking your head in the sand and ignoring reality, and then you say that I'm the opinionated one.

Hah. No. Bethesda's canon is shit for the most part and I'm allowed to completely disregard it.

With the Gunrunners doing shit in the West it's no surprise that high quality weaponry, both energy and not, are common. I imagine that Gun Runner weaponry would be in better condition generally due to being freshly manufactured.

of course you're "allowed" to, you can do whatever you want.

You can just be wrong while doing so.

Aliens have only ever been treated as a canonical thing in Fallout 3 and 4. And judging by what I know of what 4 has to say, I just want to ignore them and start screaming if they're ever mentioned again. Seriously, fuck Bethesda on that point. Aliens should not be the cause of everything, secretly manipulating humans for generations, with large underground bases in various parts of the world.

In Vault City it mentions some guy's wife being addicted to jet before its invention. However the creators mentioned this and said it was a mistake.

You're only technically correct.

There are multiple aliens in Fallout 2.

>A mistake
More like denied it like a bunch of angry manchildren when their blatant incorrectness was pointed out

wccftech.com/bethesdas-pete-hines-infuriates-fallout-4-fans-not-interested-in-discussing-how-realistic-things-are/

oh wait you said Vault City, ignore my Fallout 4 butthate

That's like saying Conan's Crossover with the Paizo universes are cannon when the only ones that are True Canon are the works of RE Howard

Has anyone heard if the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare demo passed Bethesda's Scrutiny?

How did the Three Families civilize up so fast? Before House found them, they were a bunch of tribes, but they only joined up with him maybe a decade ago. I know the game has them have a lot of tribal loyalties and old practices under the surface, but the level that they've managed to get to is still remarkable. If I went back in time and forced a Native American tribe or an African clan to run a modern city and wear modern clothes, I doubt they'd manage it as well.

Show me the rule that dictates what interpretations of canon are more valid than others. It's all opinions, man. I seriously want you to show me where it is factually, 100% irrefutably stated that the most recent version of the canon is the only "right" one.

Not all tribals are primitives. The Families were probably closer to the Boomers than the Zion tribes in terms of culture and technology, which explains how they adapted so fast to their new lives.

Now I'm curious on what makes someone tribal in terms of Fallout, if not a certain level of civilization.

We talked about this a bit last thread. The "a tribe is a family of families" bit mentioned by Joshua seems to be most appropriate.

If he were a fallout 4 protectoron I'd be worried for them.

I'm adapting the Iron Lines for my setting. Railbound nomads is a cliche, but it does mean that they can crop up anywhere and be reasonably easy to find if the party chooses to go looking for them. Just walk between junctions, depots and other notable structures along the way, assuming they aren't parked in those places.

was fallout 4 bad?

Seattle.
I really want too know if the Fallout Online lore is still canon given the death of the game.

Yes. It's an outstandingly bad one, even.

That's not to say the game doesn't have good points. The gunplay is relatively smooth and you can have a lot of fun fucking around with the game.

But from an objective level, the game is pretty crap, from the story to the characters to the buggy-ass game engine, to the complete lack of effort that the devs put into world.

pastebin.com/gfUz5Bf5

Have about 3500 words of complaints about Fallout 4 from my gf as she was playing through it.

>gf

I'll throw a few out:
>Iron Dogs
>Black Flowers
>Rain Bringers
>White Flies
>Wandering Crows
>Light-Step-People
>Maggot Mouths
>River Drinkers
>Ruin Bats
>Gun-smoke-eaters
>Curved Knives
>Bark Rats
>Singing Scorpions
>Grey Oaks

Yes.
As much as I desperately want too like it, I simply can't.

It's a fucking roleplaying game where you can't play who you want too, and it doesn't even have the decency too give you an interesting avatar. Concerned parent #29 is not interesting.

Undoubtedly. I still had some fun with it though.

Fallout 4 isn't even an RPG to me. It takes more than leveling up and perks and Quests to make an RPG. It's a shooter with light RPG elements. Only one step closer to being an RPG than Far Cry 4 was. You have a very defined background, severely limited and simple voiced dialogue options that more often than not are meaningless, and there's no karma or even reputation in the game which I feel would have helped IMMENSELY given the faction conflict.

So who's running Vegas in your World? Did the NCR take over? An independent courier? Or are you leaving it ambiguous beyond "The Legion lost"?

I'm leaning the Courier if only because I'd love to have an "oh shit" moment where they actually get to meet /the/ Courier if things escalate to that level, but I think I'll probably keep it vague for now and just leave it at "the NCR is still around, the Legion isn't." Worst case, I'll default to NCR victory, since that's the only ending I've ever personally concluded playing through for NV. The idea of an independent Vegas is definitely appealing though, if only to slap one more faction in the fires of the upcoming turf war for Arizona.

How do you feel about Mass Effect?

I never got into it. Tried to play the first one, but it was very boring to me. Nothing I've seen of it since has convinced me to give it another chance.

concensus i thought was that it is a decent game...but a bad fallout game.

did you see those raiders from Toronto? they had curved knives...CURVED knives.

>Pros of fallout 4
decent gunplay
Improved character creator
some nice AI tweaks

>Cons
The game is bluntly a mass effect clone and a bad one. You have two avatars to choose from, one is nonsensically adept at combat thanks to a last minute lore change. The other is fairly stereotypical in terms of main characters..

All preceeding Falllouts up to and including Bethesdsa's own 3 had a blank slate avatar, though three did waste money hiring Liam fucking neeson for a character who commits suicide halfway through but lets not retread ground here. The MC of Fallout 4 is voiced and his/her motivations are rendered assinine by the game's plot twist. Recent plot developments in the game's DLC are also extraordinarily passive aggressive pushing the idea that the only way to find out if the PC is in fact a synth is to kill them. This is no doubt viewed as 'deep.'

The plot is more nonsensical than Fallout 3. Its full of dead ends and twists and leaps of logic that make James's project purity messiah complex loook reasonable.

The game is a glitchy mess full of Alpha level designs that were never properly developed. TYhe settlement building system is half baked and lifeless. The gun generation system produced 'legendaries' that are often useless. Crafting is mediocre compared to vanilla van buren. The UI literally looks like a pre-Alpha asset that never got updated.

The lore is self contradictory and not in a way that can be chalked down to characters ignorant of the universe they live in. Again and again Bethesda contradicts west coast canon with no regard to what actually makes Fallout Fallout.

>cont

Then again the Chosen one tell it to Myron that Jet is Wasteland meth.

The game is clearly developed by marketers. Again we see supermutants instead of interesting new mutants. Rather than build on FO3's character development for the Brotherhood (I'll be the first to call them assholes but one of my primary complaints is them not doing enough of their own unique shit) they revert them to west coast styled assholes in a clear, desperate attempt to appeal to older fans. Their writing is clumsy, the quest 'Human Error' is clearly meant to be a reference to Blade Runner but they're so caught up referencing Fallout 3's GOAT system they forget at any point in the quest to actually make direct alllusions to the movie/do androids dream of electric sleep.

The powered armor system was nice but immediately undercut by both a lore breaking fusion power system and a system that's needlessly restrictive and just plain easy to abuse later on. You get the armor too early, you see bandits making powered armor and yet not one car is present due to Bethesda's historic issues with making vehicles in gamebryo work.

the game is developed by people without an ounce of nuance. Fallout 1 has black humor and a story about rebuilding after the end. 2 was more crass but again focused on rebuilding. 'War Never Changes.' This is a game series about humanity repeating old world mistakes and trying to recreate society. Bethesda fetishistically focuses on surface elements down to turning washington state, a green, verdant state, into an arid shithole. Whereas Fallout 1 and 2 were only arid in areas where it made sense for california to be arid.

Character progression is non existance, the special system serves no purpose and many of the perks are lack luster. No amount of technical improvements can turn a stripped down FPS with some character progression into a true RPG.

The game, quite frankly is, lazy and made by someone assured that its pedigree alone will guarantee success.

I completely fucking agree with you.
When I think "How will I make a build?" in Fallout New Vegas or 3, my mind is filled with the possibilities the skill system, loot system, and perk system gives you. It's exciting and makes me want too play it again.

Fallout 4's system is so completely pants-on-head-babby-simplistic there is no fucking reason too try that.

Fallout 4 almost actively discourages making different kinds of builds. So many of the SPECIAL traits just don't offer anything substantial, like Luck and Charisma, so there's no real reason to take them. Then you have ones like Intelligence, which almost everyone invests in because weapon mods and hacking. People will take Strength because carry weight and Armorer, and Perception because Lockpicking. So you basically have the three of them that are almost essential to the whole game, and then the ones that are just nice to have and because you need a place to dump your Perk points when you aren't a high enough level to put them where you really want them.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be the Protectoron that could be a Primm sheriff.