Hey there, Veeky Forums

Hey there, Veeky Forums

It's come to my attention that someone went through the trouble of creating a small system for a Symphogear game, and I wanted to run it because I have no control over my hype.

What I can tell you is that the game will be fixed level progression, it will start at level 1, but there may or may not be an early game training montage to jump a few levels. It will be set in the US, after the events of the third season. The players will be part of the special task force F.O.R.T.E., or the Federal Organization for Relic Tracking and Engineering. Players will be required to include a character song to be played during combat, preferably off-vocal.

Players will be allowed up to two rerolls total when determining stats, and alchemists are off limits.

I know the system as written is a mess. If there's anything you're unclear on, please ask and I'll be more than happy to go over it with you.

PDF will follow in the next post.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-451842962/valkyrie-oceaninstrumental/s-FpF3j
youtube.com/watch?v=UDNNuOWw3xE
discord.gg/vDdWds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>rolled stats

It's the way the system works. I've also considered just rolling stats myself, then letting people choose where to place them. That way, not everyone is the same, but everyone has the same to work with.

Sounds fun

Completely detached from rolled stats, which are a legit mechanic for games designed around them: If everyone would have the same stats if you allowed point buy, your system is dogshit, go back to to the drawing board and fix your basics.

I honestly don't think point buy is possible with the way stats work in this system. That's why I was offering two rerolls. As it stands, you still roll three dice and pick the two highest per stat.

I'm not advocating point buy, it was just about the "everyone the same" thing.

My point was that I could roll all stats universally and let the players allocate as they saw fit if people didn't like the rolling stats.

Nobody interested in playing a singing power-armor monster fighter?

Whoa wait, so you're looking for players? My reading comprehension skills really need some polish, though you were gonna run it for friends or w/e

I did see that pdf in the mahou shoujo thread the other day, just didn't read through it yet... but I'm a huge symphogearfag and would love to play
Sadly I don't think I'd have the time to, college is making me miserably busy lately

OKAY SO THAT'S MY MISTAKE

I had to rewrite the post a few times because I was at work and it kept coming off poorly.

Yes, I need probably two players, though I might be able to manage with just one more. I need this to be at minimum three, at maximum four. I've got one player for sure, maybe two.

Can I try to keep things straight?

In Symphogear? Not likely.

Every single time, mang. Every single time.

Nobody is forcing you to yuri it up.

Also no ERP shit.

If anyone's interested, I can be reached on skype as nick.gir

No problem, I do that sort of thing all the time too, myself

Went ahead and built a character anyway to see how the system goes, it looks quite fun.

Name: Erica Grunenwald
Class: Gear User
Relic: Ascalon (St. George's lance)

Stregth: 10
Fitness: 10
Ability: 10
Vitality: 7
Phonic Gain: 25
Berserk Gauge: +1

Health: 28
Traits: Parry
Damage Reduction: 1 Physical, 1 Air
Range Component: Melee
Archetype: Spearmen

Character song:
(Off Vocal) - soundcloud.com/user-451842962/valkyrie-oceaninstrumental/s-FpF3j
(Vocal ver.) - youtube.com/watch?v=UDNNuOWw3xE

There's a reason why fans call it Symphogay, and it might involve why there are traits called "Handholding" and "Cooldown Hug" in this system.

I could swear I've seen that name before.

Well, depends if you have a waifu as devoted as Miku is.

that sounds pretty great, but i would need to see the rolls in a roll20 for the sake of fairness

I don't really post on Veeky Forums, so I'm not sure where.

Yeah, but how do I get Veeky Forums like Genjuro and not even need a Geah?

Man, I would play the FUCK out of a Symphogear game...

But I'm already in one tabletop campaign, running another, and had to decline an invitation to a third on account of that being more than I could handle with the first two.

I like the idea. I'm in.

But he does? Because he lacks Synphogear/alchemy he can't physically touch the Noise because he'll get disintegrated as if he were a normal dude.

Skype?

Just use Mutants and Masterminds or something dude.

Yep. He's a monster against any enemy he can touch, but the specific problem the Symphogears are used to solve would kill him the first punch he threw.

Clearly, what we should have gotten was Commander fistfighting Doctor Ver and his [Nephilim] at some point.

Sent you a contact request

I tried that, actually. Certain powers were just too much to handle properly within the sympho constraints.

I've accepted it, but it says you're offline.

Can't stick around right this Second. That's me, but I'm dealing with some work emergencies.

Symphogear without the Gay is like 40k without Space marines or a ship without a bottom.

Get a Discord room going and I can probably get you a small handful of players.

Would like to join too

I want in.

discord.gg/vDdWds

And with that, I'm going to bed. Join the discord and hopefully we can do something.

There is only one reference to males in the entire pdf, and that is the Magical Boy archtype, what does this mean? Although I'll never get an answer at this point.

I think this is a better solution, personally. Pick a stat array that's balanced for where you want the game to be and let the players arrange the stats as they please.

If you need to ask, you don't have enough determination to fist.

it is possible to play as a boy
but the geahs are normally girls

They don't call it Symphogay for nothing user.

>you don't have enough determination to fist
My determination is to kick. Hard.

>but the geahs are normally girls
I never understood that. I mean, I know its supposed to be that way, but in universe was there a reason? Aren't you supposed to be asleep?

I never win, mang. I never win.

i guess because girls are more likely to join a school for music? and for fis, maybe they wanted females for fine's reincarnation

i'm finalizing some plans for the 4th before bed

> I never understood that. I mean, I know its supposed to be that way, but in universe was there a reason?

So, it requires use of song to activate the relics. Not everyone can do it, and they don't know 100% why.

Kanade was their first actual success. The entire rest of the Symphogear program is built on that success, trying to repeat it and improve upon it. If you remember S1, there were a bunch of kids of both genders in that program. A lot of them got dropped, and the ones that went into advanced testing mostly died.

Its not that boys can't be Symphogears, its that they don't have any data on how a male Symphogear would work and haven't lucked into it happening yet. And they are unlikely to do so, since all of their efforts were focused on the girls school for maximum chance of repeat.

>i guess because girls are more likely to join a school for music?
>he doesn't play an instrument
Anons, get me my violin, we're all going to Band Ca- I mean the Music Academy, yes. The Music Academy, totally not Band Camp.

>If you remember S1, there were a bunch of kids of both genders in that program.
I can't even remember a week ago. Let alone years ago.

>its that they don't have any data on how a male Symphogear would work and haven't lucked into it happening yet
Pro-Custodian Secret Church Organization with Choir Boys / Men that doesn't like the Illuminati when?

>Pro-Custodian Secret Church Organization with Choir Boys / Men that doesn't like the Illuminati when?
>They use artifacts associated with various saints.
>their songs are hymns directed at god.
>believe that their ability to synchronize with the symphogear is a gift from god.
>Has a special squad of users that act as Inquisitors, hunting members of other organizations that utilize Symphogear because they view them as witches and heretics.

I didn't know how badly I wanted this.

Damn that's some good shit. Someone call up Kawamori.

You need to talk to Kaneko or Agematsu, not Kawamori

Now you're getting it! I'd rather they not be bad guys and actually do mean well, however. They could still be antagonists though, defeat means friendship, after all.

Not until Season 5, we must wait patiently for genderswappers time to be over.

Of course! They aren't actually sanctioned Inquisitors, they're just misguided youths who think they're doing gods' work that just needs a good ass kicking to get their heads back on straight. The only reason their parent organization turns a blind eye is because Vatican City needs all the users they can get their hands on due to a near constant threat by the Noise, and the youths attacks can't be tracked back to their group yet.

Just how many goddamned Geah Users does The Church even have?!

I'd say a lot, the Church looks after their Relics.

As many as the plot demands at any point in time, due to being an NPC organization.

Or, another way to put it:
Less than they'd like, more than they'd be willing to let on that they do.

Has the Church been preparing for the last 20 centuries because Half-Custodian, Half-Human Jesus warned them of Evil Space Monsters that surpass the Noise during his days 40 before going to live with super bearded Custodian Dad?

*his 40 days before

Shit, forgot my image I saved a while back in one of the /m/ threads.

Yes and no.

It's in fact the reason churches have choirs to begin with, which is why the Church has so many users since they can literally test and pull people from all over the world, but due to the fracturing of the church during the Martin Luther days, combined with the fact that it was a kept secret that only the high level bishops and pope(s) knew about, led to it being forgotten about during the "Dark Ages", though a few select groups still continued their research and vigilance.

It wasn't until the Noise threat came about that The Church has their sudden "oh shit" moment and got their stuff back into gear, because now they think that the Noise are demons from hell and only the symphogear, called forth by the holy artifacts through song, and alchemy (the devils magick) and truly believe that a war is being waged for the sake of humanity's soul.

>truly believe that a war is being waged for the sake of humanity's soul.
You're saying it practically isn't.

Of course it is, but The Church is one of the few organizations that truly know that (and even then only through flawed reasoning), because most (but not all) of everyone else are just "oh god(s), we're being attacked and nothing is working, what do we do? Oh hey, this thing we don't totally understand works, so let's do that".

Subs when?

When they heard about Ver and his Nephilim they probably double taked and went "Wait, what?".

>Cooldown hug

Fucking what. I had this PDF downloaded, but hadn't read it yet. Glad i didn't so i could get that bomb dropped on me.

Thats fucking great. Consider my interest in the system piqued.

I'd have watched that.

Also, thats not actually entirely true. Since the noise CAN be hit by normies at the point in which they attack, genjuro does have some anti-noise countermeasures. He'd just have to destroy most of a city block for it.

What if the Bavarian Illuminati stole the Nephilim from the church to give to FIS

This is the deepest of lores. Also good, good. Even if FORTE Director doesn't have any of this planned for his game, this stuff is here if anyone decides to have their own.

Sure, I just had these rolls made on that wotc dice roller for the sake of trying to figure out how the system works, but I honestly want to reroll them (and its silly that I consistently got 10 for the stats, I barely believe those rolls myself)

Btw do you know how often/at which hours the games would take place?
I know I probably shouldn't, but the temptation is too strong.

I could barely believe it when I saw that too, it's just so good, even the way how it's handled in the rules. Glad to have made your day better.

I'm going to personally bump this one last time myself in hopes OP comes back before it archives.

Personally, I'm on the fence about trying it and joining with OP, but by now there's probably like 7 people wanting to join and that may be too much for him.

I call Joyeuse, if I do join. For hypothetical Swiss Army nonsense.

9 people in the discord including me last I checked, so if there's another person wanting to run a game we could get two games running.

i have returned. For schedule, i think making a whenisgood will be best for the schedule setting. Beyond that, if someone else wants too run a separate game or could help with getting everyone in. I'm in Eastern time, so my schedule would be based around that.