sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
How many weapons does your character carry?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/t/funny/ZojOz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

4, because apparently Warlocks need a crossbow and three daggers.

A single Rapier of Wounding, Shortswords, Multiple Daggers, a hand crossbow. You?

He's a hoarder of swords. I have 23 of them on my character sheet at this point. I wrap them all up in a huge bundle and keep them on my horse

Excluding shatterspike, which I carry

Three, as my character was trained to wield a Javelin, Shortsword, and Dagger at his side.

Anyone tried Google Sketch Up for making dungeon maps?

So how would someone go about taking those nice top-down Castle Ravenloft maps from roll20 and turning them into image files or a pdf for easy printing?

New DM running a game for all new players. Anyone have any ideas for novel RP encounters I can use to help get my players in character and buy myself another week to prep Phandelver?

>Anyone have any ideas for novel RP encounters I can use to help get my players in character and buy myself another week to prep Phandelver?
The circumstances under which Gundren and Silvar meet the PCs and hire them.

Is it worth swapling my Half-Elf skills for Drow Spells? I'm playing a Variant Half-Drow Druid and the skills are tempting, but those spells are pretty good.

Other option's to ask the DM if she'll let me take the Drow Magic feat from the Racial Feat UA.

Where would 5e fit on these charts?

0 weapons.

>prep for Phandelver

If you want to run a precursor to that adventure, maybe have Gundren Rockseeker visit them before the journey. Better yet, gather everyone at the tavern first.

im playing a sorcadin and need some advice on ASI's. I planned on only going pally 3, but now im unsure on whether I should get another level for the ASI. my charisma is only 15 and I intend to get war caster at some point, so I kind of need them

3, two daggers for melee and a light crossbow that never gets used because of Eldritch Blast.

Hmm, they're a bit North of Neverwinter right now so fleshing out getting there and meeting Gundren could work

Encumbrance is pretty much never relevant but you get tenser's floating disk as a ritual and artificers can get bag of holding quite early.
So, about level 1-6, when also bear barbarians get double carry weight.

Teleport is a level 7 spell, so level 13 much like 1e.

Light: Light is a cantrip and almost every race has darkvision.

Keys: Acid splash is a cantrip. Just.. Melt the fuck out of everything? Otherwise, thieves get thieves' tools expertise at level 1 and technically can just keep trying until they succeed.

Death - Revivify at 3 limits a lot of certain deaths, but raise dead comes in at about level 9.

Food: Level 3 spell, so level 5.

Nonmagical equipment: I'd imagine by about level 5 but it seriously depends on campaign.

Camping: Leomund's Tiny Hut at level 3 spell so level 5.

>Blade Flourish requires a bardic inspiration until lv14
>Slashing Flourish is just a straight d6-d12, no bonus damage
>Mobile Flourish is practically useless
>You can only do a 2nd attack if you use a flourish until lv14
>Defensive Flourish is the only good skill to use

Why is the UA blade bard so damn bad here? Only a portion of characters will ever see lv 14 or higher. But even then, why bother with an essentially useless subclass for weeks or months until then? You might as well just use any other subclass or even multiclass into fighter for much better results for the same style.

Did you ever had a game die? How did you deal with forgetting it? Forgetting your PC? How do you make peace with it?

Nonmagical equipment never really becomes useless in 5e. Crowbars and portable rams are always useful, quill and ink and paper are always useful, mundane shields and armor are always useful.

>>Mobile Flourish is practically useless
Free disengage and can push people into envoromental hazards. If you do a PAM build it makes them enter your reach again.

Read the fucking thing, you don't have to use a Bardic die. You should be flourishing every turn even if you don't have any Bardic Dice or don't want to spend them.

Why is the Forgotten Realms setting always in chaos? It seems that the entire world is held together by gum, duct-tape, and the sheer will of the Alliances. A commoner can't walk two steps without a dragon burning down a town or giants squishing their loved ones. How does this world stay together?

>People still can't fucking read how Flourish works

I haven't gotten a player killed, except in a literal 30 minute one shot against evil treant.

Because they need to move the setting's timeline forward without killing off beloved characters such as Drizzt, Elminster, and Volo who should actually be dead because he's just a largely-mundane human.

Im okay with a characther dieing. It happens. Seeing a game die with no conclusion is... a bit hard to deal with.

If you want it to not be ugly do it yourself.

Left off nonmagic equipment because I don't think there's set numbers for 5e.

>Did you ever had a game die?

twice or thrice if I can recall

>How did you deal with forgetting it?

It hurts the first time, but you don't really forget it.

>Forgetting your PC?

If the character idea was really good, I'd reincorporate them into another campaign. I think of it as an "Alternate Universe" version of them depending where and when it takes place.

>How do you make peace with it?

Like before, it hurts the first time. You halfway expect a campaign to fail and sputter into the night from then on. Hopefully you can get a good DM who can keep a consistent schedule for as long as he can.

Only one I'd maybe disagree with there is teleportation circle because it requires someone to already have the circle set up and to let you use it to get somewhere.
Teleport on the other hand can be used from anywhere no matter how much bullshit the DM tries to convince you of.

>Keys: Acid splash is a cantrip. Just.. Melt the fuck out of everything? Otherwise, thieves get thieves' tools expertise at level 1 and technically can just keep trying until they succeed.

Nearly impossible is DC 30. Can't do that until they hit level 5. But knock is a 2nd level spell anyway, so level 3

Worldbuilding- What's the best way to go about it? Top Down, or Inside out? I don't want to go too in-depth because I'll burn out, but I have a player who does.

16 dexterity + expertise in thieves' tools + guidance = roll of 31 if you have enough time without expending any resources.

In this case I'm assuming it's referring more "from one major city to another", and (depends on setting) most major cities will have at least one Teleportation Circle.

No wait, you're both right. They formatted it weird. I was under the impression that it was like the battle master where you needed to use a defense/slashing/mobile flourish in order to get the extra benefits. I'm retarded.

Just read the spell, you can use teleportation circle from anywhere as long as the destination goes to somewhere with a teleportation circle. And there must probably be somewhere with one.
Though it costs 50gp per use.

But, still, I'd have to agree since even when taken out of the 'from major city to major city' context you can go from 'dungeon to major city'.

How large can I make a map in roll20 before it starts making players on potatoes chug?

Looks like the map I'm making is gonna be at least 300x300 squares.

(Incidentally this means that it's possibly the only situation where Spell Sniper Eldritch Spear might actually work, as that's 1500 feet)

Is there still a DMs Guild Trove about?

>that one boss in the old raid you farm that takes ten thousand years to kill compared to the other bosses

fuck you megaera
fuck you immerseus

Random village of rat people complaining about a rat problem getting into their grain supplies. The rats themselves are super intelligent and are accusing the rat people of exactly the same.

Check this out 5eg m.imgur.com/t/funny/ZojOz

Yeah, I will agree they could've just given you +10 speed, extra attack and let you use dice when you hit. Would've been waaaay easier.

As is, it's basically a Valor Bard for people who'd rather do cool shit over helping their allies do cool shit. Which I guess is alright.

I've never seen such a cute rampaging horror.

>D is not for Dragon Dick
Dropped

I gotta build the start of a two-player level 3 campaign to play in two hours
WHAT DO

LOLIS

vs COWTITS

Guys how silly is a warforge twilight druid

This baffled me in chargen as well.

When I got my third dagger, I was like "when the fuck does this end?" Because it just felt like I kept getting more weapons thrown at me for no discernable reason.

>We're trying to get into a kobold hide-out to rescue some silly paladin who got done in by them
>"getting in there head on is a suicide, we need to think of something"
>Our bard concludes "I'll disguise self as one of them"
>you cant be serious, you're an elf
>Rest of party goes along with the plan, and actually come up with ways to enhance that disguise
>There he goes, the bard
>It's actually working
>However, I forgot to mention one thing
>He's a Chaotic Randumb
>manages to find the paladin, in the midst of a ritual fit for a hell scene
>Cure Wounds on him, right in front of every kobold and skeleton, when he's all by himself
>youcantbeserious.png

Have been at war since times primordial. But prophecy speaks of one that shall make peaces between the two, one that shall unit them into new age of prosperity. Are you bad enough dude to find COWTITS LOLI help her achieve the great destiny?

>How many weapons does your character carry?
6 daggers, a belt with 20 throwing darts, 2 short swords, a longsword, and a hand crossbow.

It's a Monk at level 15. He got tired of having to beat up bandits who thought he was unarmed. Now he walks around with a small arsenal he will never actually use, but ay least it serves its purpose.

It also helps lower the guard of enemies when they catch him unarmed.

Depends if you're doing it in Eberron's established lore or some shit setting that isn't Eberron. In Eberron it's a great idea to explore.

Well don't forget that daggers are technically thrown weapons, so a Rogue or whatever could throw them away (literally) and need extras.

If I take mask of many faces and combine it with friends in a GOO warlock for an OotA game, could I get up to many shenanigans?

Yes.

Warlocks are insanely good at this kind of shit.

honestly it is just forest guardian of sorts, built with

I have a question foto you guys at Veeky Forums.

Me and my friends started playing D&D recently. We're having a blast, but there's a few things I miss/want and I'm unsure how to tell my DM.
Short background: we're all completely new to table top gaming and bought the Starter Set. I'm the most interested in lore/rules, so I got the PHB. One guy is creative, knows how to improvise and can tell a nice story, so he was the obvious choice for DM. I think he's doing a great job, but often he doesn't know the rules and makes stuff up. It usually works good enough, but sometimes it makes some players completely useless.
Today was kind of extreme. My character died because the DM misjudged a few rules and made up one or two. First, he wouldn't let me push back an owl bear with my eldritch blast. Which is fine and seems logical. Then the owlbear charged me and provoked 3 opportunity attacks which all had to be taken at disadvantage. The bear mauled me and I went down. We chased it off, but later encountered it again. I was down again (low HP from last encounter) and out tried to stabilize me and roller a 11 in his medicine check. Apparently this was not enough. Then, the bear tried to escape but I was in his path (unconciouss behind a wall) and he attacked me again with multiattack. I informed the DM (first time) that melee attacks against downed targets are considered criticals and a multi attack would right out kill me. I saw his eyes flash with 'oh fuck what did I do' but that's how my character died.

I was kinda bummed but OK with it and already thinking of what other character to roll (to get my mind of it). Then the party magically found a scroll of revifify and I lived once more.

There was some awesome RPing and it was kinda cool in the end, but I don't know if I should confront the DM about this? He misjudged or didn't know many rules and completely fucked my character over, but the story got a really nice twist because of it.

What do?

If you're all new being a rules lawyer isn't so bad since everyone (including the DM) is still learning.

Just don't be a preachy asshole about it and remember that DM rules are final. Nothing wrong with saying "well the rules are X but you're the boss", something wrong with "NOT RAW NOT RAW RREEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Shit the grammar and layout are complete fucked. Sorry for phoneposting and blogposting.

:D fantastic, good to know. Thanks heaps bro.

The Astral Plane is basically the passage between the material world and the different "afterlife", right? Can I make a character harness the magic of the Astral Plane and said is being powered by the dead?

If you took Repelling Blast, you can move creatures hit with your attacks. You can set reasonable limits but come the fuck on, owlbears are only Large. If you can't even move Large creatures might as well switch it to something else.

Point out that stabilizing a dying creature is DC10 Medicine check.

The rest sound like standard newbie DM mistakes about misjudging how enemies should behave.

>he wouldn't let me push back an owl bear with my eldritch blast.
He totally should, or at least ask for him to replace your invocation because he fucked your char up and made it useless.

>Then the owlbear charged me and provoked 3 opportunity attacks which all had to be taken at disadvantage.
Why disadvantage?

>tried to stabilize me and roller a 11 in his medicine check. Apparently this was not enough.
What was the reasoning of this?

>I was in his path (unconciouss behind a wall)
He attack you over a wall or what?

>I don't know if I should confront the DM about this?
Please do, but in a friendly way, everyone's learning here.

A player of mine wants to play Witcher in Curse of Strahd, but I've never played that game and have no idea on how to go about it.

I'm about to resign myself to allow Mercer's Bloodhunter but first I wanted to see if the hive mind knew any more obvious way around

There's that weird warlock witcher build thing

It sound like that owlbear really had a bone to pick with you, did you do something to piss it off or the GM just focus in you because FUCK YOU?

Yeah I try to keep it at minimum, because I'm already known as a 'rules lawyer'. It's because I'm literally the only one who actually knows them and my party already thinks I'm being a 'rules lawyer' when I simply suggest a rule to the DM (seriously, not REEing or whatever). They feel like you are never EVER allowed to question the DM (mostly due to memes). I completely let it all happen tonight, but naturally felt a bit fucked over (why didn't my blast push him away? Why did opportunities had to be taken at disadvantage? Why was a 11 on a medicine check not enough to stabilize me? Why did a fleeing owlbear attack me when I was down next to a wall?) I sincerely think he just wanted to startle me, since I'm always hiding on the backline behind cover etc., but it caused my character to die and 'magically' ressurected (I'd rather he stay dead for RP reasons.. kinds weird they just happen to find a revifify scroll in the room that he just died in).

Not really sure what to tell the DM, since the whole scenario DID create the most intense RPing we've had thus far. I'm not mad or upset it happened, but I'd rather prevent it from happening again.

The Hexblade? I don't know man, those Unearthed Arcanas are weird

You know Roll20 IS wotc now, right?

How do I make a Sundowner vampire bossfight?

There used to be, but it went down because of drama or something. Best you can do is look around yourself. What do you want, anyways?

>wandering monster hunters skilled in quick, dexterous attacks and minor magic

literally rangers

Yeah but I get somenpushback because the spells are too diferent

>Why disadvantage?
I think because it broke through a door we wanted to open, but I was in the back toe and had already attacked (so no suprise)

>What was the reasoning of this?
Probably lack of knowledge on rules

>He attack you over a wall or what?
Open door, and then to the side slumped against a wall

>Please do, but in a friendly way, everyone's learning here.
We're good friends IRL, I'll find wat to tell him. The problem is that it lead to great RPing of the entire party, which was honestly amazing so I have mixed feelings about it.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I think the DM tried to make me feel less safe since I hardly take any damage because I keep to the back and behind cover. I'm 99% sure the DM wasn't actively trying to kill my character, but because of lack of knowledge on the rules it happened all the same.

One night at a tavern before the adventure starts, some local jack ass' are harassing one of the barmaids or server boys. Many of the other patreons are visibly uncomfortable and the barkeep looks like he wants to say something, but is just a small man versus several thugs. It's not a matter worth killing anyone other, but something should probably be done...

>using spell slots instead of carrying food or hunting

lol

I wanna wield a morningstar while casting lots of spells, mostly buffs and lightning attacks.

Eldritch Knight, right? Or would Paladin offer me more?

Everything my character carries, excluding their leather armor, can be weaponized.
10 Ball Bearing Bags, 2 10 ft chains, Crowbar, 2 Grappling Hooks, Healer's Kit, 10 oil flasks, 100 pitons, 50 ft rope, 50 bars of soap, 10 Empty Vials, 10 Steel Mirrors, Iron Pot, 100 chalk pieces, 5 Waterskins, 1 lb Cinnamon, Hammer, Portable Ram, 10 Telescoping ladders, 5 block and tackles, 100 candles, Bullseye Lantern, 1 ink bottle, and Fishing Tackle. I've used half of those to kill someone, and have plans for the other half.

Which book is the warforged in?

what's the point of warlocks? i mean this seriously, i find the flavor/lore really interesting and i feel like it opens up a lot of options for cool characters, but mechanically, i can't decipher what the warlock is supposed to be.

what is the purpose of a warlock? what do warlocks do better than any other class? what options do they have that no other class has equal access to?

or are all the memes about them being Eldritch Blast turrets true

Yes

Oooh! Tell me more.

I'd say Tempst Cleric or Stone sorcerer

>they don't keep track of their DPR every game and compare totals at the end of the campaign

how...how else do you determine who wins?

All Eldritch Knight casts is Shield and the occasional damage cantrip.

Paladin is the better gish, but they don't get to shoot lightning unless they multiclass into Sorcerer or Warlock (the latter who gets the always excellent Eldritch Blast).

I'd say, your best bet is Hexblade. Medium Armor, Shield & Morningstar, either shoots Eldritch Blast or hits with their weapon.

Fighter 1 / Fiend Warlock X also works if UA isn't allowed but the lightning shooting won't be as effective.

I guess lots of control? Eldritch Blast can push creatures into a spell radius (like Hunger of Hadar) plus reliability (low amount of spellslots, but regain them more easily).

Not so sure desu. Fairly new player myself, but loving my Warlock thus dat, albeit it being mostly for flavour reasons.

Calm down, Jackie Chan.

When I give feedback to my DM I generally write in bullet points (like how you're replying) everything I found "wrong", plus some session commentary to sum the feel of the session, non-DM related stuff like "wow, he totally saved us on that part".
It has been working pretty good for 8 sessions now, so I'd advise you to do something like that.

Should I take spell sniper for my warlock? Having to switch to Sacred Flame instead of Eldritch blast for cover suck.

Tempest Cleric w/ Magic Initiate to grab Booming Blade.

Thanks for the tip user. Will remember and make a list. Next session is monday (already looking forward), so I'll try to have a talk tomorrow.

They can be decent spell swords with Hexblade and some Sorcerer/Pally levels make them quite scary. Also yes EB spam + Hex is really effective.

Monster Hunter Fighter with Magic Initiate. Also remind him that no, you're not as powerful as most Witchers at low levels. So you can't expect a complete mastery of all Witcher abilities for a few levels.

Another option's Eldritch Knight if you don't want to go UA.

But my CURRENT character is a Tempest Cleric! I just like thunder and lightning, I guess?

I looked into Hexblade but a lot of its flavor seems weird and strange. Like, the shadowy dog? It's cool I guess but I just don't get it.

Seems like it could work

Way of the Sun Monk. What else do I need to finish my Saiyan build?

>had to dump all of my Psi points just to avoid the edgy fighter trying to kill me
I hate PvP.

Stone sorcerer can still work. You use a morningstar and shield, cantrip is booming blade, smite is thunderous smite and you get access to any thunder/lightning spell a sorcerer would normally have

Whenever you attack with a Radiant ability, the game closes until next week.

That is adorable, user.