Luck & Logic

Can someone fill me in on how Luck & Logic plays? With the anime advertising it being on air, I wanted to give the TCG a shot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.luck-and-logic.com/information/update-on-luck-logic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone? I probably shouldn't have expected anything better from this board.

I don't know shit. I'll bump this just once for you. Maybe someone knows something about the anime or the game. I'll doubt I'd be into it. It looks too otaku-y and skimpy, not something I want to play in public.

Thanks

maybe... be sure to ask them and say your from Veeky Forums, we have a good rep

Thanks, but /jp/ doesn't really talk about card games, this being the board for them after all. Believe me, I have tried.

I'm curious, I never heard of this game,e before and I own, Force of Will, Weiss Schwartz, Cardfight Vanguard, Shaman King, and Yokai Watch...

It's like Vanguard meets Force of Will from what I can tell.

Well, Luck and Logic has a similar mechanic to Duel Masters / Kaijudo (you lose the game if all your gates are broken). And for some strange coincidence all three games are dead in English

>Force of Will
>Implying it isn't basically Magic for weebs - mana screw + degenerate t0 formats

>>Implying it isn't basically Magic for weebs - mana screw + degenerate t0 formats
That is generally some of what FoW has going on, with a separate deck for gates.

While the community is nonexistent, don't they still put out the expansions in English?

>FoW
I meant L&L

Actually the fifth expansion (Trance Re:Union) is the last Luck and Logic release for English, from now on people can use Japanese cards in English format IIRC

>The community is nonexistent

I sometimes wonder why Bushiroad even bothered to release it in English in the first place, if people want to play weeb (for a lack of better term) card games they'd play Weiss instead

Is true. I heard it was cause they were releasing sets too fast so no one bothered to buy them.

en.luck-and-logic.com/information/update-on-luck-logic/

>Actually the fifth expansion (Trance Re:Union) is the last Luck and Logic release for English
Well fuck. That doesn't sound sustainable, but I can see why they did it. Weiss Schwarz did something similar I recall.

Weiss as a game is pretty lame IMO. I would say that Vanguard or Force of Will would be better choices for a weeb game.

That makes sense. It is untenable to release them all at once. It still would be nice to have access to the cards so you don't need to be able to read Japanese to stay competitive.

>I would say that Vanguard or Force of Will would be better choices for a weeb game.

I'm quite curious on how you reach that conclusion as someone who plays Pokemon TCG, Vanguard, and knows how to play other major card games such as Magic and Yugioh I always feel that Vanguard is just a more straight-forward version of Weiss with a whole of of main character circlejerking

I like Weiss as a nice distraction from my main focus games, though lately its all i've been playing for the past 2 months since our Modern scene just up and vanished with no reason. Never played FoW, but Vanguard is also great, though I haven't kept up with it at all in the last few months so I'm gonna be pretty rusty whenever I decide to get back into it. Also speaking of Bushiroad games, where should they go? Veeky Forums makes the most since since they're card games, but no one here talks about them. /a/ might work since either they have animes for them(Buddyfight/Vanguard) or are related to anime(Weiss Schwarz) but the mods might flip their shits over them. /jp/ could work though idk that board very well so I'm not sure how they would react to a Bushiroad thread.

I don't like Weiss Schwarz because of how samey the game is. I think that Vanguard is much more interesting in the sense that there is much more to it. I would say the same for FoW.

/jp/ would make the most sense IMO as it is slow enough, and they talk about all sorts of games and media in general.

I might just buy some playsets and treat the game like a deckbuilder that I can whip out when I feel like it. It is too bad that English support is ending. I can see why though, as it is hard to sell a CCG with so many other options. A LCG or deckbuilder probably would have worked out better, but nips don't seem to want to innovate.

>Current Vanguard meta

I hope you enjoy your triangle Tier 1 meta (Chronojet, Luard, and Nightrose) with your standard assortment of Tier 1.5 outliers that would shit all over you if the conditions are right

I will be curious if NTR.dek (Domination Nubatama) will actually be able to do anything more than being a Hot Meme that will soon be forgotten

English Wixoss when?

Probably never just like English Z/X

>It looks too otaku-y and skimpy, not something I want to play in public.
That's half of the appeal though

please dont remind me, both 10/10 games never comeing here

Anime girls are love and life though.

I've actually heard luck and logic felt somewhat similar in some respects. I actually recently bought a starter, just to see what it was like (then lost interest once I found out the game was losing all english support).

From what I can see of L&L, it looks better than weiss (not hard to do), but is still a bushiroad game, and is therefore shit. It has a few nice ideas (the positioning system actually is really cool), buried under an avalanche of needlessly convoluted extra rules and phases (especially the fucking pseudo-climax cards). Ultimately, I'm still happier playing webxoss (and it's not like having it still available in english would mean I'd find a playgroup for it).