Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Starcrossed Edition
Is your current character in love? How did they meet? How far has their relationship progressed?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UT9E5bRAJkCSU2lznL0Wddy4nDV25sW4ilM8lr1NMb8/edit?usp=sharing
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Avaleru
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Smiad
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is your current character in love? How did they meet? How far has their relationship progressed?
She's not in love, but someone's in love with her.

they met when her powers as a Feyspeaker came to light, and he witnessed the beauty of her soul. She's still terrified of him, however, as he is a fucking vilderavn

We were on page 7, you fucker.

She's still waiting for a prince to swipe her off her feet and carry her off on a white horse.

Its probably Not gonna happen

He was an Ulfen sailor and mercenary and a skinwalker

She was a Tianese servant and consort and a dragon

They met at a raunchy party, and immediately hit it off after he knocked her up

He's married to the law.

I'm an evil wizard and I fucking rule

>plotline about deadly disease rampaging through a small village
>"Lol it's okay we can just go around casting cure disease on everyone"
>murder mystery adventure
>"lol it's okay we can just cast speak with dead to find out who murdered him"
>guards watching royal jewels, time to be sneaky and clever
>"lol we can just cast invisibility and silence and waltz right past them"
>mysterious ancient force is going to rise again and characters need to discover its secrets to stop it
>"lol well I prepared like 10 divination spells so we don't need to explore that ancient library after all guys"
>character dies heroically in combat to save his friends, a tearjerking scene
>"LOL just kidding, we can resurrect him. Wouldn't want death to actually mean anything, would we? That wouldn't be FUN"

God I love Pathfinder.

inb4 a bunch of butthurt wizard munchkins go LOLOLOL ur plots are shit because of post-hoc rationalization to make my game's magic seem balanced

nobody cares dude

Onryou just show a good looking guy your tits. He's yours after that.

Rory. You've yet to put a ring on that finger. Get on that

This bar character, like many I end up playing, are too busy with other things to step their game up and too kind to play with people's hearts in the meantime. Though it is something I have entertained in previous games, just ain't time for love on the battlefield.

We relegated to NPC tier soon laddies.

Did you post the wrong picture or something my dude?

Onryou, at least let that shoanti princeling toss a bone into ya'. He's pretty easy on the eyes, won't be in town for long, and you need to unwind after today.

We're getting to it. He needs to snag that delicious, delicious Sun Orchid Elixir

in order to become the ETERNAL PUPPER

Look, sometimes a bombshell and a nerd get to kissing and get really into it.

The Mystic playtest just received a significant update! The Noetic mystic in particular!

Charisma based Spellcraft and Autohypnosis!

docs.google.com/document/d/1UT9E5bRAJkCSU2lznL0Wddy4nDV25sW4ilM8lr1NMb8/edit?usp=sharing

One last reminder that only meme apps will make it into Ensoulment.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Oh he's spoken for, sadly

Would a silver dragon take in an abandoned child and raise them to be a paladin for a human god or just a philosophy or set of teachings?

Define meme app, I want to make sure I know how we're measuring them when selections are made.

Not a human god, after all Draconic gods and morals are objectively superior.

He's gone on two separate adventures now (although the second adventure was interrupted halfway through and he needed to be rescued) but now all of that is over he's back home to his wife and child, albeit transported 15 years into the future.

His wife is a bit sore that he apparently vanished on her after promising that the second adventure wouldn't take much time at all (and to him it didn't!), but though she told him that she doesn't want him to go on adventures anymore and he doesn't want to disappoint her, he's still got the itch since the second go around didn't exactly go as planned. With that in mind, y'all know the scene from early in The Incredibles where him and Frozone are doing superhero work behind their wive's backs? It's like that now with one of the other guys from the group whose wife told him the same thing.

Ways to fix this are simple as long as you know the actual rules behind the spells you're working with.
> Disease
If you're currently dealing with something that's threatening an entire village with plague then having the ability to cure a small handful of people per day is NOT going to keep people from dying, nor is it going to keep those people from getting sick AGAIN after you heal them. The best you can do is then cast Delay Disease which keeps you from getting sick in the first place, but that's just eating up even more spell slots.
> Murder Mystery
Speak With Dead needs a mostly intact corpse, so just have the killer crush their skulls to mush. Next!
> Heist
Someone who only has one line of defense from intruders doesn't deserve to keep their belongings. Set physical traps, an Alarm spell, AND guards for maximum effectiveness.
> Secrets
Most divination spells have REALLY specific rules and don't give you much more than yes/no style answers until you're higher level, which also ties into...
> lol resurrection
If you're at the point where resurrection is common, you'll run into things much worse things than death.

Are there dragon gods in pathfinder? Would a paladin of one have a reason to fight linnorms?

Tell some stories about shit related happenings at your table

Apsu and Dahak, yeah

Tiamat kind of fucked off in pathfinder

Apsu, and absolutely.

Tiamat is too busy screwing Bahamut in D&D to have time to mess around with Pathfinder.

user, there is LITERALLY a Silver Dragon named in the lore that lives in the Linnorm Kingdoms. She looks over a memorial to Ulfen killed in the Winter War and is a noted... Just read this

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Avaleru

Well Apsu is Bahamut

in terms of romance, she is not a hunter. She's more like a a fisherman. She may cast her lure out there but she only reel him in when one takes a bite

Puh-lease, Apsu is Bahamut-lite and everyone knows it. His evil counterpart in this mythos isn't even his evil wife/sister/whatever Tiamat is to him, it's his bastard son that he's too whipped by his bae to kill.

Ony, I love you, but you and that boy are two of the most socially awkward people I've ever met. There's a reason I've been trying to get you two together; neither one of you will make the first move.

Gnomish Battle Ladder, will you use it?

You know, I really don't mind most celebposting but if you guys are going to have a chat maybe you'd want to, you know, go to chat.

I kind of like that, makes Dahak more or less a Destroyer than something more significant.

Isn't Apsu also a Platinum Dragon?

In all seriousness the thing that's most likely is going to happen is that she's going to end up in an entirely platonic relationship with the spider. A platonic relationship with vicious amounts of non-romantic and certainly not lesbionic cuddling snuggling and overall nighttime field goody cuteness

I did read that actually. My idea is the character with have been abandoned there and raised by the dragon. I'm just trying to figure out who they would worship and why they would adventure in the lotlk

Yes, define meme app so you can't just retroactively file all the picks in as "memes".

shush I'm leading him on to think that I'm her player

Their entire mythos is basically of a marital spat over their emo son who keeps destroying the furniture in their house in fits of rage and lighting fires in the backyard, with the wife saying "He's just expressing his inner creativity!" While the husband threatens to kick him out every time he sees him wearing that stupid haircut he thinks makes him look so cool.

As I read more and more on the Land of the Linnorm Kings, I am presented with a question; how did they do it?

No, seriously, how did they do it? This is a region where an Asian character makes sense, where a gnome makes sense - hell, special attention was given for half-Orcs and a unique type of Elf. It's got a powerful Scandinavian focus and a clear majority of Ulfen, but never once while reading this did it feel like it was "This is Ulfen... And I guess you'll find these other groups around if you squint."

I think he had previously used the definition of "If nobody's talking about you, you're not in."

He's not going to define them.

Though it would be funny if the opposite came true.

How could you have forgotten so easily, anons?
If people aren't talking about your app, you're not getting in.

>I've narrowed it down to one of two days with mostly the same party but a couple key swaps both between them and within them
What day does that describe best?
That's right, Monday/Tuesday where all the most hyped apps are at.

You don't NEED to worship a dragon god, and the urge to adventure is really quite simple; Hagsreach is the most vulnerable to Irriseni attack, and currently lacks a Linnorm King. You want to fix this, as you see the crown not as a right but as a responsibility.

HELLO!?! GNOMISH BATTLE LADDER?! Anyone using it?!

There was one user who was jazzed about being able to make Jackie Chan, but I haven't seen him post anything since the AA2 leak.

Don't think so. Most people seem to think of her as dumb muscle. She wouldn't be opposed to falling in love again, but not many can get past the fact that she's really muscular and incredibly strong.

We killed a god and saved a Thriae princess! We were incredibly close to dying, holy shit. Now we're preparing to kill 2 more before they can fully manifest in this world, since there's not way we could beat them at full power.

>That's right, Monday/Tuesday where all the most hyped apps are at.

Well gnomish jack chan is alright but not sure I'm ready to go that route...

what are good compulsions for div tieflings to have?

>She wouldn't be opposed to falling in love again
Tell us about her first love, user.

Always posting memes.

So where do we draw the line?

Apps which have actual memes associated with them over their run time like C3?

Apps which get a lot of discussion in regards to their quality like Ceraphine?

Apps which get name-dropped only in passing like Sibyl?

Apps which only get named when listed with other apps like Rae?

I mean without regards to the possibility that better apps might get talked about more, it seems like we're leaving a lot of space so that only roll20 randos aren't "meme apps", and not even all of them would avoid that.

Compulsive memesters, with extra snark. Div-Folk are smug little goat people and you need to own it.

>So where do we draw the line?
As long as people are talking about your app. It's as simple as that.
>trying to argue about a definition this late in after I cleanly and simply outlined it
confirmed for non-meme app trying to save face

Then yeah you are right because that leaves almost only randos that stand no chance of being picked and a smattering of unexciting but not really terrible apps that stand a low chance of being picked.

>Is your current character in love?
No, and she's unlikely to actually fall in love beyond finding a preferred playmate/pet.
For now she's much too busy hunting down her yandere sister.

Excellent. I'll prepare myself to retroactively declare every pick a meme because they were brought up once weeks ago.

Gossip. Collecting and spreading rumours for his or her own advantage.

So you agree that it's a pure popularity contest and nothing more.

Way to try and twist the definition to try and discredit me. It ain't working.

Who's the sister yandere for? Is it her?

>she's unlikely to actually fall in love beyond finding a preferred playmate/pet
Tell us more about her, user!

You really should have just not responded, you've made it too obvious there is no substance to your claims and now the hook you've been baiting for weeks has been blunted. Even if it was still obvious down the line, you at least could have struck when everyone was salty and more likely to buy it anyway.

4/10 learn 2 troll.

>you've made it too obvious there is no substance to your claims
Only popular apps will get in. It's as simple as that. People don't care about substance, only memes. and the GMs of /pfg/ are no different.

She was found by a band of mercs as a baby, and raised by them. Pretty much a giant adoptive family. Grew up on the battlefield next to them. They got new additions, some retired, and some died. The usual.

One guy joined up, a spindly Shaman. She didn't think much of it, but he took a looking to her. Back in the day, she was thicker than gravy, so she mostly saw his courting mostly as a joke until some others locked them in a broom closet until he made his intentions painfully clear. She'd never been one for romantic stuff, so she was pretty flustered, stumbling through her acceptance of his confession.

After that, they were inseparable. She was very protective of him on the field, and he was very caring. Eventually, 5 betrayers sold out the company, and a large portion of the force was destroyed in an ambush. He died, and she buried him and the others.

Sad, but it was a while ago, so she's not edgy about it.

Yes, he is. They met through work.
But it's a complicated situation, and unlikely to become less so.

He doesn't see himself as being good enough, and has to keep talking himself into thinking he's got a snowball's chance in the Hells, since any time alone with his thoughts means he's probably convinced himself not to hope.

Smiad might work for your purposes.
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Smiad

Your logic is inherently flawed.
"Popular" does not mean "meme".

Spoken like a poor deluded non-memer.

Kinda.

There are two girls he really likes, but both are way out of his league, and would be better off without him.

>One guy joined up, a spindly Shaman. She didn't think much of it, but he took a looking to her. Back in the day, she was thicker than gravy, so she mostly saw his courting mostly as a joke until some others locked them in a broom closet until he made his intentions painfully clear. She'd never been one for romantic stuff, so she was pretty flustered, stumbling through her acceptance of his confession.
That was incredibly cute, user.

Do tell!

Well, even a broken clock can be correct twice a day, and Paizo is nothing if not broken

I'm willing to roll popular and meme together for the sake of this discussion. That's not my problem with what he's saying.

My problem is that there're apps which have been mentioned like, three times since Ensoulment opened for their quality and didn't pick up regular discussion at all. I don't care whether or not they get in, but I'll be annoyed if they're called "meme apps" later on because they weren't completely unknown.

Yes, sister is yandere for her and responsible for the death of their parents. Sister has also become slightly demonic at this point.

She's serving under an erinyes who promises to fix her broken world through harsh will and draconian laws. Tends toward misandry, more likely to take an interest in other women but not entirely opposed to the idea of men who know their place.

Compulsive liar

Funnily enough, this is how a friend of mine met his wife. They are incredibly cute, and I hope neither of them die in an ambush.

Even if I don't, somebody else will(maybe you!), so why do you care?

Could it be because the truth bugs you? That they won't get in? Name these apps you're so sure of.

>Back in the day, she was thicker than gravy
But was she also thiccer than gravy?

No, fuck you. You know why? Because as soon as they do, you'll turn around and use it as "proof" that they were memepicks because they were talked about/discussed/mentioned. You're going to try and spin the narrative to always be right.

Wrong. I already know which apps are getting in, and they're all ones that have been talked about repeatedly and you can just search the archive for the proof instead of going "I-I'm not gonna tell you".

This is the art I'm using for her, if that's what you want to see. Sans horn, though.

And who are "you", exactly? You don't have a tripcode or other identifying feature. So please, share with the class. Which posts in the past are yours? Who have you claimed are going to get in? Go on, justify yourself. You've brought the claim, therefore the burden of proof is on you to back up yourself.

That sounds like she's a cutie pie that needs to be broken in by a good man, and made to understand that it's lovely to give and receive

I don't care about the selection itself. I hate the attempt to force this culture.

If Matheo gets in, is he a meme because people compared him to Aurelia a few times when iKiD isn't even doing his usual self-shilling?
If Varius gets in, is he a meme because he was part of one drawfag image?
If Spidget gets in, is he a meme because people made fun of him being a rat for a thread or two when he was first posted?
If Sibyl gets in, is she a meme when the only times she's ever been mentioned is to say that she's actually pretty good?
If Gaius gets in, is he a meme when his main claim to fame is people wishing the player behind him luck?
If Rae gets in, is she a meme because people noticed her stabs at C3 and Rintaelle?
If Marche gets in, is he a meme when his only mention ever is being listed with other people?

I just want a clear line drawn here. I don't even necessarily believe all these apps are strong, but if there's any surprise pick I don't want any leeway for people to back out and start claiming memes.

Haven't check out Pathfinder for awhile (like 1-2 years). Are there any more noteworthy spells or archetype?

who do you think a meme is thten

Oh boy, you need to be a bit more specific on WHAT you want archetypes for.

I'm sure someone will try, not that they're likely to exceed what her erinyes boss has put her through as "training"
She's good at following orders, but greatly prefers to be the one in charge.

>demon
>div
>kyton
>protean
which would be the best for a synthesist summoner? I want to give them a race that matches them (bloodlined tieflings or a ganzi), but I can't choose between them.

Bah
Those kinds are always the most fun once they start to enjoy it.

Hmm how about full caster? Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid, Cleric and maybe Psychic?

Actually can Wizard heal and resurrect yet? It sound like something Paizo would give to Wizard.

Isn't Synthesist incompatible with UC Summoner?

The loosest definition I'm okay with is characters who received regular discussion. Derrin, Jericho, Ceraphine, C3, Rintaelle, Takashi ecetera.

The list of characters who've never been talked about at all can probably be counted on one hand if you cut out page 2 randos. I don't have a clue what the list is going to be and honestly I don't really care about Ensoulment that much. I just hate the attitude some people have in regards to apps about memes, shilling or avoiding competition.

Which is easier than she'd like to admit, so long as her partner carries the same corrupt energies as the monsters she fights

Would it make sense to have them worship a human god more?

Actually what is the best place to check archetype by release? Archives of Nethys?

Well, he's not quite sure if it's love, having never truly felt it. Yet when he looks at her he feels his heart flutter, and when those smouldering eyes stare into his it takes all he can do not to kiss her. Such a fool, thinking he has a chance with her.

What kind of god do you want them to worship? Tell us about his or her ethos and philosophy.