WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bitzbox.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LET THE 5000x5000 8MB PNG POSTING COMMENCE

Painting a Cadmus knight (bottle green / yellow) and I'm trying to figure out a color for the eyes.

The 5 minutes I spent reading about color theory suggests purple, but I feel like it would look weird. Any advice?

Death watch termies sound cool, any ideas where I can get some/lots of termy left arms?

bitzbox.co.uk/

can set an alert if they're out of stock

Rackham Confrontation models I'm painting.

>tfw the auction you're watching is undergoing a bidding war

What's the point? We're just going to end up sniping at each other.

How the fuck do you use spray paint?

I have been modeling for 5 years now and I never had a problem before but in the past year or so more and more stuff just keeps coming out with tons of raised bumps all over it. I can't exactly afford an airbrush either.

>What is ebay and how does it work?

Set your highest amount to like .55 in the last minute. Most people bid to round amounts like the dollar or the fifty cent/pence mark - I win most of my auctions in this way.

Basing day for the wyches and Kabalites. pic is the wyches thus far

And the Archon with kabalites. Do you normally paint the rocks? Or do anything else on the basing front?

Where's the best place to get basing slate in bulk? I have a lot of models I need to base and GW texture paints only go so far in making something look nice.

You are probably better off using woodchips or bark. Would kind of give you the same texture, but you can still drill, sand and cut it.
Slate is hard. It's a pain to use for basing if you want to pin something.

Woodchips and bark are things you shuold be able to find in any flower shop as deco material or whatever.

drone WIP.

I used texture paint in the fans to give it a really disgustingly dirty look.

So who likes genestealer cultists and Raven guard?

I don't like the mold line and undrilled barrel on the raven guard, also the base and the tabard are a bit too similar in colour for me, it just blends in with the base.
Skintone looks quite nice though.

>What is shitposting and how do I stop?

Got pedro all based and washed, time for layers and highlights

>cactus on base
the absolute fucking madman

Worked on the cables and started filling in gaps

muy bien

I like it.

AK interactive worth checking out if you wanna disappear down the weathering rabbit hole.

Me parece bien, hefe.

Vampire chads primed and ready to go.

Tfw had two left and ran out of mephiston red spray

Life is suffering

BUY MORE SPRAY user!!!

I'm waiting until payday because poorfag

And here he is about done, just waiting for the technical to dry before moving to finishing touches

Legitimately excited to see how this all turns out.

What is this a mini Chaos Warhound? It looks cool.

I know that feel
but in my case, payday is only three days away

Really shitty mock up, but does this look like it could pass as a Hellforged Deredo Dreadnought?

going for a "baby defiler" look

You versus the guy she tells you not to worry about

That shit better be the same height, that's all I care about.

Shouldn't be too hard, deredo is a stumpy boy (except for the missile racks)

The Hell-forged Deredo doesn't even need to be equipped with the missiles.

>Geth decimator

love it

people use big slates as aquarium decoration. Use an hamer to make small pieces

maybe

>I'LL KIDNAP A THOUSAND CHILDREN BEFORE I LET THIS COMPANY DIE

FUCK HAHAHAHA

>tfw payday was Friday
>tfw my paycheck had 20 hours of OT plus a bonus worth 1.5x my normal paycheck
It was a good day for my local Games Workshop

Maybe you guys can help, I plan on splitting a tac squad in half, one to sit on a objective the other to push with special weapons. Do I do las plas marines or melta marines with heavy bolters on the razor back

RB: Assault Cannon, Lascannon, or Multi-Melta

Forward squad: Plasma gun or meltagun, combi-plasma, combi-flamer, or combi-melta, multi-melta or grav-cannon
Rear squad: Lascannon or nothing

So these Sector Imperialis bases were so cheap for a reason, the sculpts are really shallow and not terribly detailed. I'm not looking forward to painting another 45.

Does anyone have the Mechanicus bases for comparison's sake?

Quick question:

Can you pose resin figures with boiling water?
What about hard plastic?

You can with resin. You can't with plastic. Easy way to change leg poses with resin provided the bends and twists aren't too extreme.

So yeah here the finished Necromancer

Mold
Lines
:)

Also maybe lightning is making washed areas super shiny but you can tone it down by glazing on some primary/light color (or matt varnish).

I like it a lot, shame about the moldlinrs though

I ended up just using a head from the Blood Angels kit.

No clue how to paint dragon scales that aren't green or purple so this is difficult. Besides buying metallic paints of different colours, is there a way to get metallic sheen or flakes into normal paint? Was thinking of mixing some bright silver but I have no clue here.

Fuck I forgot to resize.

Also made a Librarian to add to the unit. Doing him as a Celestial Lion but besides finding some Lion pelt I had no clue how to define him as his chapter.

If you feel very confident in your skills, you could try to add some filigree to the armor like pic related.

Newbie here, starting with Iton Warriors

How am i doing so far?

The GW examples seem to use scarlet / orange and the spot colour and I think that works well.

Pretty standart stuff i did here but this is the first full squad i could finish between my depression and family problems
sorry for blogging so im kinda proud right now

what do you all think of these?

Does anyone find airbrushing resin extremely difficult? it feels like the paint starts pooling instantly and it looks messy and thick even when the plastic parts of the same models look great.

painting is really nice

also how did you get the red so shiny?

I really dig the stick and tube. The flames are nice too.

Regardless of anything else, you have the scale WAY off. The Contemptor body is much, much smaller than that compared to the Dunecrawler legs/gun

How newbie are you? Those hazard stripes are not bad at all.

Literally second attempt, never picked a brush up before

Pic is my first attempt

Looks pretty good man but you need done Argentina on tree smaller details: symbol on the bolter, skull on top of top horns, the mouthpiece of the helmet and the eyes should all stand out from the solid background colors

Attention not Argentina... sorry

So I have 3 Blood Slaughterers that I want to add to my Iron warriors. Should I Paint them red or keep them in Iron warriors livery?

Lmao, cheers mate

Do you fa/tg/uys think this head will work for an Intercessor sergeant?

WIP Chaplain. Just need to clean up a bit, fix the purity seals and paint the base.

Good work mate but I would put additional shadows along pic related lines. Either by a black wash or by a finned down black.

Otherwise the details get "washed down" ...sorry english is not my native tongue

This is why you wash and prime your models, user; if you paint onto primer, it doesn't matter what the material underneath is.

You know your color scheme is non codex for chaplains, right?

I don't see any issue with using older helmets, just fluff it as a chapter relic or something

DAT DANK MONSTERS INC REFERENCE

> works on hours
Pleb

It was washed and primed, the resin parts just look like shit.

> already bought an airbrush for le 3lt3 paint skills
> doesn't know to wash or prime models first
I hate people like you. Fuck getting a solid grasp of the basic skills, the interwebs says this way faster and better!

>he can't afford an airbrush
embarassing, how old are you dude?

I don't know what you did, but when I primed a plastic / fw resin model the primed parts look the same. Maybe you did not wash the resin parts enough (I usually go for atleast 2 soaking & brush sessions with soapy water).

My dudes are a BA primaris successor who were raised from a dead BA successor - as a result, they hold 'relics' of the old chapter in high regard. This includes BA helms and other bits.

Does it work aesthetically though?

I think it's just the rounded edges, resin tends to look a lot less sharp than plastic, and the flat areas aren't as smooth.

where did it say that?

meant

>I think it's just the rounded edges, resin tends to look a lot less sharp than plastic
Where did you buy your models?
Resin should be able to hold much finer detail than plastic.
So if the resin models you got are worse quality than the plastics, chances are the master sculpts were just bad.

Yes, I'm aware. It's a custom chapter.

I'm just responding to baseless sperging with baseless insults.

From FW, it's a leman russ and yea, the mold is probably past its prime or something.
Most of my inf looks nice but none of the resin i have has a sharp edge or surface as smooth as plastic.

Looks great. What's it for?

My Kings of War Necromancer.

Which means the first 1000 points are nearly finished to paint.

So how important really is basing? I've got that earth stuff from the painting starter pack, but I kinda like the black base look.

Extremely. Always base your minis. 99% of other people who actually paint do, and to not will make them look incomplete

So I've got a squad of tac marines kicking about, and I'm getting Dark Imperium soon. I play Blood Angels already and I'm not sure about using the Chadmarines for them.

Toying with the idea of doing them as a lesser known chapter to do paint something new. Any suggestions?

>Spent 2 hours last night scraping shitty GW flock snow from my old model's bases
>Carpet by my desk is covered in white specks
>Fingers are still numb

What minis are these user? I like them

You will be amazed at the difference it makes and how easy it can be.

Blood for the blood god

He's literally said in his post.

>all those unpainted marines
>all those unpainted tanks
>box of sprues in the background
>that backlog
You have my sympathies, user.

Waiting on my air brush before I start painting again. It's suffering.

Okay. If ive got this earth stuff that paints on like normal paint but when dry shrinks to make cracks should I do it before or after the mini is glued to the base? If I do before I can see gluing become a nightmare, but if I do after then I run the risk of skreeing up their legs.