/40kg/ - Warhammer 40,000 General

MELEE RACE EDITION

>daily dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=eoqfYKE1NMM

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
[REDACTED]

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Ghosts of the Imperium

Second for the dark mechanicum.

Third for CAWL IS A HERETEK

3nd for Shadow of the Torturer

Hey all, attached is my first draft of a ~1k points list. I know I need to trim the fat. I also know that the Macharius is kind of shit but I really love the model so want to use it.

Anyone have feedback, where to drop ~100 points from?

Is this going to be playable? Not enough anti-vehicle? Too much foot-slog?

6th for new zerkers when

Stop.

Brotherhood champions actually seem usefull this time.

Instant death was better than all this multiple damage shit.

Hey guys.
I'm currently looking for a rare transfer sheet.
Imperial Knights alt houses. Particularly House Griffith. Anyone have any hi-res pictures of the emblems? Ain't no fucking way I'm gonna work on House Terryn. House Griffith has bar none, the sexiest color scheme and the best lore for all Imperial Knights.

You wake up in commoragh. How many minutes do you last?

no

Speaking of GK, can I get some input on my list? 2000pts.

No.

>all those markers cluttering the table
Yes

REMINDER THAT A BUNCH OF KHORNE'S BEST GITS THOUGHT IT'D BE A GREAT IDEA TO TRY AND FIGHT BOTH ORKS AND NIDS AT ONCE ON OCTARIUS. THEY LOST.

No it wasn't.
It didn't allowed for middle ground which is terrible.
years, hopefully. Depending on how succesful the new raid on mon-keigh planet will do my kabal will prosper.

Nope, Khorne got the blood and skulls he wanted and left.

Get 9 Arco-Flagellants, a Priest, Sororita Rhino, Celestine or imaginifer if you are feeling lucky.

Turn 1 charge with 27D3 attacks at S4 no AP.

r8 and h8, not in picture is dual bombard leviathan for 2k point tourney

>try to build list with battlescribe
>too long to post

- Voldus is a great choice
- I'm not sold on Strike Squads because Interceptors are infinitely better and we don't need troops anymore
- Apothecary and Paladins are a tough unit to beat, so good move there
- NDK is not great, but they're still alright
- Psiflemen Dreads are back, good stuff

Overall, not a bad list.

>dreadnought list
I like you, and I like how this is finally a decent option(or even just an option)again.

How are Deathwatch this edition? Do mixed squads work well?

>Nope, Khorne got the blood and skulls he wanted and left.
If he didn't get Ghazghull or Swarmlord's skull, then it's pretty much a loss. Also
>implying the mortals didn't get Eiffiel-towered by Nids/Orks after the daemons left on the Warpstorm.
By non-Khorne/non-Ork standards of 'we can never lose a fight because X', this was a loss for the Khornate guys.

>middle ground
Fuck you, if a battlecannon designed to take out tanks his you you're dead.

Hey there sexy, I like you too :^)

Arco-Flagellants were the first models I ever bought and I'm thrilled they're actually usable but I'm afraid of being WAACish by using them. How do I overcome the autism?

Play against tau players.

Well they are T3 and 5++ sure they have W2. They basically explode if someone charges them or shoots them.

You can split fire with everything, so yeah.
you can only select one ammunition per unit tho.
Having only the option to either scrap something or utterly killing everything is not good.
I hate how random most damage values are(d6 is terrible for big guns)but not having middle ground was what made 7th shit, with everything blowing up with one hit or simply never fucking dying

Are Deathwatch good this ed though?

Tanky IW army or Khorne melee one? Like both factions but looking for the most fun one.

>instant death was only in 7th
Things that are hard to kill should be hard to kill, you're paying for it.

Khorne Berzerkers are insane right now

>meeting your match typically implies a loss.

Nope, implies a draw since the Blood Crusade is still around and is momentum was not stopped or slowed in any way. Also the blood Crusade weren't there to conquer the planet, they were there merely to kill, burn, and main before the storms took them. So by no metric did they lose. Eat a dick.

>>It's the battle org chart and the little narrative blurb talking about how the Blood Crusade lost at Octarius.

Except it doesn't say it lost. Merely that the daemons left in similar fashion to how they left a thousand times before or after via the Warpstorm.

It's sad that you attempt to twist the fluff to fit your bias.

The Blood Crusade had no specific destination or target. They were merely there for the slaughter and blood. Stop headcanoning a victory or loss condition out of your ass. Blood and skulls were had and that's was the goal of the entire thing.

>By non-Khorne/non-Ork standards of 'we can never lose a fight because X', this was a loss for the Khornate guys.

Implications are worthless. I can implying that the slaughter the daemonkin did elevated every single one of them to immortal daemonhood.

Also you ignored that daemons of the Blood Crusade left but the daemons of the daemonkin never went away. In fact, they will continue to stream in drawn by the slaughter.

Between IG and Inquisition. What things can be good to have inside a Valk.

Right now Im running 2x 6 Acolytes with power maul and needle pistol.

Conscripts.

Thinking of converting my 50 something chaos cultists into Ecclesiarchy / Redemptionist militants.

Do I,

A: use them all as conscripts and replace melee weapons with lasguns from bits box.
B: use them all as Acolytes, thus allowing for melee models to be melee, and just take a Vanguard Detachment (or two.)

Conscripts.

Thinking of kit bashing them with AoS kits (blood warriors I think they're called) and using a World Eaters scheme.
Melee looks more fun in general too

How are you guys building Death Guard right now?

How's your WIP doing tonight fellas? Any interesting backstory behind your builds?

Why is a battle cannon designed to take out tanks hitting a single guy on foot just as easily as it hits giant skyscraper sized machines of war?

The best inquisitors are all moderately heretical. Prove me wrong.

Warn your opponent and let them decide if they want to withstand that magnitude of firepower.

Unless it's an official tourney, then go ahead and Daschle, cause there'll always, understandably, be those those types in tourneys

Ogryns/bullgryns and a priest

Is the Hunter-Killer Mandatory? It's too much for a one-shot weapon. Drop it!

The Death Rider Command Squadron costs more points for extra ballistic Skill, which is stupid. Drop it. The DC Commander can only issue one order anyways.
>That's 74 points out of 145 so we're halfway there.
Memento Mori's pretty cool, but most sniper weapons do 1 damage anyways and if you're warlord's under melee attack I doubt he'll last long. Possible drop.

Do shotguns cost points? They don't in the regular index. Regardless if it's assault you're looking for the "Forwards for the Emperor" ability does the same thing but up to 24" range.

Drop Plasma Pistols for 10 more points
Drop Demo charge for 5 points
Drop Vox on 1 infantry squad and have them sit on the oppisite side of the commander from the command squad. Only the two remaining infantry squads on the far flanks or wherever will need vox links with the command squad.
5 more points.

>Thats 109 points down. But what are the DK Engineers doing other than holding shotguns rendered almost (but not completely) obsolete due to the "Forwards for the big E" rule?

Consider losing them altogether for the 39 more points that will put you in the 1000 points green

What am I looking at here?

Looks like a basilisk with no cannon.

arcos are hardly broken. the turn one charge is very strong, but with just basic S4 attacks are limited in what they can actually kill and to do so your opponent is throwing 250 points at you plus celestines turn 1 act of faith.

they're neat, and the kill team picks up some nifty bonuses from including bikers and termies, but at the end of the day theyre just more different sternguard that pay for their fancy bolters even if they take other guns. they die like any other MEQ and want to be in rapid fire range to do work, so you need bodies to absorb casualties, and each 49-point vet with a frag cannon cuts into that

How is every body running carnifexs?

THREADLY REMINDER

Anyone got the epub of Down Amongst the Dead Men?

If you want instant death take a plasma weapon.

My bitz order from victoria arrived today, hyped to do some modeling work for my R&H army

Thanks for the feedback - great suggestions - however, the main reason for the command squad death riders is that they grant the flanking maneuvers ability.

The best Ordo Xenos inquisitors are all moderately heretical.

The best Ordo Malleus inquisitors are not even remotely heretical, adhering to imperial dogma even more strictly and mercilessly than commissars.

Going okay i guess. Just starting my flying hive tyrant after the undercoat dries not sure what colour to paint the wings though. Want something that either A. Doeant drown the rest of the scheme or B. Isnt drowned out by reat of the scheme. Pic related is my dudes

But ID allowed for no middle ground.
things "hard to kill" weren't hard to kill.
One shot kills became too ordinary on supposed tougher creatures(im looking at you, nid warriors).
High damage values do the same thing now but allow for more flexibility.
haven't tested it yet sadly, but it looks costly but effective.
Im re-comverting mine putting double c/c weapon again because they look best ij it, and because c/c is at least decent now.
Only used power points, never felt to have an advantage/disadvantage so far.
PP are easy to break if you are a Waac faggot tho.

I'm so glad I get to use the 5 I have with a Priest.

I've been using Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins and they've been amazing. Like too good amazing.

Pie plate.

>play tau

There is no need for any middle ground, if they were meant to survive anti-tank they'd be eternal warriors.
All damage does is convolute the game needlessly.

so I've been seeing Berseker loadouts of chainaxe+chainsword. How exactly do these function? You give one attack to the chainsword (gaining another one) and then the rest to the chainaxes?

With Citadel Easy to Build™ kits cut into dozens of pieces for variety.

Not making an army list yet because the DG book is rumored for the end of this month.

exactly

Trying this again:

I can't paint for shit. Are Harlequins worth it?

You're not going to destroy a tank with any kind of shell that creates a blast like that.

Pieplates were always retarded because of that. Either it's a single shot high damage shell, or low strength fragmentation shell that covers a large area. Think Tau Heavy Rail cannon vs Heavy Rail cannon submunition shot.

Battle/Demolisher cannons having both at once was always stupid.

a bucketload of DCA

are Conscripts the closest to Frateris Militia? Or normal Infantry Squads?

Learn to paint.
Pay someone else to paint
Be shameless and never paint

>Admech reconquered an Imperial world
>they herded the Tau population towards the forges, then shocked them to paralyse (like cattle), and then threw them alive into the furnaces
>the planet is now covered with the ashes of millions of Tau

I was physically sickened when I read that. How could anyone support these monsters?!

>I can't paint
>Lemme pick the super colourful and complex paint scheme dudes
lmao @ u

The Harlequins are supposedly a riot of colours and patterns. If you lack the skill, try another army.

>Hunter-Killer Mandatory?
points, mandatory do-not-take
PL, mandatory take

That's not a Harlequin that's a cat.

You forgot
>Do the best you can and paint like ass, but at least you're shitty looking models will be painted which makes you better than anyone who fields bare plastic.

>damage is hard
Go back to 7th then m8

>Frateris Militia
" They constitute the unofficial and generally ill-trained troops of the Adeptus Ministorum who fight in the interests of the Ecclesiarchy. "

I'd bet Conscripts.

Not as dumb as damage.

Conscripts indeed would be the closest.

Give them a commissar (use something else like a Mistress of Repetence) and a priest for the +1A.

Grab some Empire rifle and men at arms and go wild

Im thinking of playing a deatwatch squad on a drop' pod with a watch master and then suicide bomb them to shott to death8and hopefully charge)any annoying unit my opponent has.
might it work?
It doesn't because it fits with new vehicles/mc multiwound profiles.
before 8th all vehicles and walkers were killed by one single fucking hit, hull points never worked.
Also now saturation is less effective on big targets-even with the "6 always wound" rule and anti tank-mc weapons still fulfill their role. And thank god grav has been fucking nerfed
love that carapace scheme bro.

Serves them right.

Default quad deathspitters for me.

Still on the fence if it's worth giving them bioplasma.

Still not sure about stanglethorne/heavy venom + double deathspitters

Not a big fan of hth on fexes since you need both scytals now to get +1A.

>Le 7th boogyman

That's a sexy color scheme, user

But what if they need to be tough enough to survive a battle cannon because say, they're a greater daemon, but then get smashed in the face by a daemon hammer from a grey knight grandmaster with hammer hand on him?

Suddenly that daemon is taking no more damage from a weapon LITERALLY designed to kill him, than he is from a las pistol.

For any newfags: the joke behind this meme is that only lazy retards would ever consider using power level

Breddy gud
Slowly whittling down my remaining troops to paint after these guys got 9 more then my army is done

Xenos aren't sentient in the same way humans are, they register pain in only a very abstract sense. Perfectly humane.

My wounded sub-assembled dudes put on pause for a week for family visit. Will continue construction tomorrow after they go home.

Mere injury is no excuse for failing your duty as an imperial citizen. Wounded troops are collected by the company medics and given immediate treatment. Anyone who cannot fight is left behind to recover on their own while the line continues it's grinding assault forward, but those deemed fit enough are stemmed up and drafted into the medic's entourage.This serves a triple purpose: The medics get more help and better protection as casualties mount and they become more valuable. Wounded soldiers still contribute to the fight, and if a bandaged wound reopens or further wounds are taken, these soldiers are already near the medics who can quickly patch them back up.

>Resist the urge to help the first man you see. Remember: Triage! Prioritize those who can still contribute to today's fight, and only after them can you help those who can contribute to tomarrow's fight. And only after them may you attend those who may never fight again.
Except from the Infantryman's Uplifting Primer: Medical Guide Amendment #4.

Can I just spray krylon white primer and wash over it for a 30k DG scheme? Asking for a friend

Right? That's no way to run a world. All that ash will get into fucking everything and gum up machinery. Will lead in a significant drop in productive output.

Do you feel bad about killing ants? Specially the ones crawling into your food?

That is what Tau are for the Imperium. Annoying pest.

What are you using to strip those models?

So long as they're worth it to you, do whatever you want user. But if you do want your army to look good, you should probably practice on another army first.

>Tau are bovinesque

What a waste of good beef.

On the other hand, imagine the planet smelling like steak and ribs for years.

Sauce?

The new Farsight novel.

It actually hurt him, something the laspistol won't actually do.

>tau conquer a world
>make the people live better lives
>imperium conquers a world
>kill everyone and install a thought crime tyranny
But humanity fuck yeah.

strip?