Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - QTDDTOT

> was a robot the whole time!
Is there a way to do this that doesn't come off as hackneyed?

How am I doing? I feel like I'm not quite pulling off that "Namefagging Bastard you love to hate" vibe I'm going for. Any suggestions that don't involve killing myself?

>Is there a way to do this that doesn't come off as hackneyed?
Yes. If the whodunnit mystery is "someone's a robot and murdered the guy with his robot strength. Who's the robot?"

Bonus points if they suspect the person was also killed and replaced by a robot but they can't find the body.

But it turns out that the friend they had for 5 years was a robot all along.

If you make them essential to the storyline or the key to the end goal like pic related, it can be done.

I would say the way to do it is when them being a robot the whole time is a positive thing and helps answer questions, rather than being a sudden surprise to show everything they knew was a terrible lie and just raising more questions about who and why did it.

Like, normally it's done to have a dramatic reveal where one of the main characters is revealed to be a robot, and that's played up as a sudden betrayal or terrible thing. From there they're either alienated for being different or forced to go find their 'original self' so that they can let them out and have them live a proper life while the robot commits sudoku or something.

Instead, have them finding out they're a robot be a good thing. There's no original to find anywhere, their friends don't hate them for it, and they have a bitching laser arm now or something. Being a robot all along should come across as a final piece of a puzzle that brings one peace.

Make it so the reveal is part of the mystery and have it be plausible to your setting.

Why were quests taken off Veeky Forums? Moot said they belonged on Veeky Forums

>Any suggestions that don't involve killing myself?
No.

Is there a sci-fi RPG where the majority of the playable alien species are actually aliens instead of humanoids?

How many games should I GM to determine if I even like GM-ing? I ran one, and it was mostly strange, leading this group of players in an adventure.

What would it be like to have 20+ constitution?

Well, we all know about "Wayne from Veeky Forums", so you must be doing SOMETHING right.

I'd say use it as the sudden reveal that your dealing with a Doctor Doom-esque antagonist, body doubles and replacements galore.

Mostly it was the fact that they were starting to overwhelm the rest of the board. People bitch about having so many "general" threads here now, but for a while quest threads were even worse and were even less Veeky Forums related.

Yes but Hiro is in charge now, and we rotated mods. Mods paid enough attention to complaints and knew little enough about Veeky Forums to ban Quests permanently.

Besides, that, Quests should never have been limited to just Veeky Forums. Most people agree that if they'd simply been allowed across every thread then limited on a board by board basis, we'd have had none of the Yuri/Anime Quests overload that led to them being banned from Veeky Forums in the first place.

Of course, at this point we're really just too far gone to go back now, and the mods do absolute Shit about us, because we're not a board that caters to their interests.

TLDR: The main problem with Veeky Forums is that it's being managed by people who have very little interest in the board itself or how it's managed.

Cool.

I suggest about 5, usually a good indicator and will give you a good feel.

I think Traveller actually does this pretty well with their official races. Humans are the majority, with some of the races just being groups of them that splintered off, but as far as aliens go there's some weirder stuff. Hivers and K'kree aren't humanoid at all, and Droyne are pretty weird due to being smaller and having wings.

The only really boring option there is the alien race that's just bipedal lions.

Inhuman toughness
So, like, you could stub your toe or wang your elbow and you'd hardly notice

>Mostly it was the fact that they were starting to overwhelm the rest of the board
But that's statistically not true and has never been true.

Generally, you'd never get sick, you'd feel great and healthy all the time. You could run for super long without even getting really winded, and any sort of injury would hurt a lot less and generally be less drastic.

You wouldn't be shrugging off bullets or anything, but you could probably take a knife without even flinching, and then walk to the hospital yourself.

No, but was overwhelming was the direct complaints made to the mods.

>Mostly it was the fact that they were starting to overwhelm the rest of the board.

I don't get why people keep saying this. Yes, there was a problem with how quests worked that they were often kept on the front page. No, they weren't taking up that much space. At most, there were maybe 15 quests on the board at the time, and that's being generous.

>Muh 6% of daily threads
They were up all the time and often made up the majority of the first page. I'm glad they got booted to their own board.

Wolverine.

It's perfectly feasible to play an Uplift or GURPS Space game with no humans, so long as your players are up to the roleplaying challenge.

You're trying too hard. I literally don't even notice when it's you posting, except when you point it out in a "lol i'm so quirky hate me plz XD" sort of way. The only reason namefags get a bad rep is because they pick one broad thing to get triggered over and shit everywhere any time that thing is even implied. Otherwise, they might as well not exist, because no one cares.

I find that the enjoyability of GMing is highly dependent on the kind of game you run rather than whether you're in the GM chair or not. For example, my favorite moments of GMing have come from running Maid RPG of all games, while I personally can't stand running 3.PF.

Well, it goes without saying, but pretty much any universal or 'toolkit' sort of game should be able to handle that pretty effortlessly.

There's Open Legend, for one. It's pretty loosy-goosey with races to the point where you just come up with your own size category and dimensions. Here's a quick screenshot, the rules are free on their website.

There's also Fate, and GURPS probably has options and maybe they're not a pain. You probably have an idea of whether you like either of these at all.
True20 has something to this end too, I think, but it's been a bit. It's pretty easy to make new races in True20 anyways, so you should be able to roll with that if you like the system.

I had a PC in a Shadowrun game I was running that was near-zero Essence and took the quality that makes you have complete amnesia. It was obvious from the start that he should be a robot, he just didn't know it yet.

I think he should have become skeptical when I let him take cyberware over the essence limit... Or when he got a special meeting with a world-renowned roboticist just by having his photo in the news.

Turns out she'd actually built him under duress as a young graduate student, but still saw him as a flawed but necessary first "child" in her "family" of perfectly humanoid robots. It became a comedy sideplot for the party where she kept trying to get him to marry her perfected v2 robot daughter who was masquerading as her real daughter.

>QTDDTOT
If this is not already a thing, it should be btw.

>muh first page
Who doesn't use the catalog? First page is meaningless.

You know what else is meaningless? Complaining about quests being gone.

All namefags, no matter how good their intentions, must burn.