Traitor Guard Art

Is it just me or is there about as much decent traitor guard art as there are SoB tournament winners?

Does anyone actually play TratGuard?

I think there were a grand total of 2 traitor guard armies in the last Black Crusade game

The models have always been eyebleedingly cool, but every time Forgeworld or anyone else has made rules for them they're hot garbage.

There are SoB tournament winners?

I won a local tourney with sob, does that count?

Close enough for traitor guard art to exist

There are SoB players?

Probably cause no official rules, which is lame. Though you can run a guard detachment with an allied chaos detachment and traitor guard fluff/model/paint them, I reckon

OP here
I found this guy's stuff and the official art, so I guess this is also a bit of a request thread.
What do you guys think counts as traitor guard without being official? I'm at a loss for my game.

I do, it basically the same just elites are the only useful infantry.

I mean there's the FW R&H list, which was pretty awesome in 7th, but is still pretty good in 8th, especially with keyword rules.

How are R&H now? I hade like 1000p of them in 7th ed.

renegades went from being awesome tier in 7th with fluffy special rules, to a gimped imperial guard army, theres literally no benefit for me to play my traitor guard as traitors anymore, im toying between running them as normal imperial guard or death korps for my next game.

Feel completely gutted that an army of over 100 infantry, each model being converted, is now shit tier. At least in 7th, i could run purge and get chem munitions, or unending horde, and have respawning infantry blobs. Now i get no benefits and generally worse stats than normal imperial guard.

I guess people can say i can take stuff from forgeworld or some daemon/chaos stuff but its just not the same, i like my guys to just be heretical human forces not full on warp altered.

Pic related is directed at GW for killing formations and killing my army

I like this. His lack of corruption kind of feels like he is putting it all on just for the dosh.

Give them time, they'll add more shit for you to buy

This new one is focused on elites over infantry. You basically want as little basic troops as possible to save points for larger threats to be viable.

OMG this. x1000. I was so excited for 8th. I ran unending tide and just got enough bodies to run it then this shit happens. The only 2 games I played of 8th I ran them as normal guard. It infuriated me but as time went on I realized how all along despite my fluffy army, guard is so much more competent. So now.im running normal guard with scions instead of traitor horde and disciples.

That is so sad to hear. I have always thought that Renegades & Heretics were one of the coolest armies, especially with their your dudes potential, while being criminally underrated. Now there is even less of an incentive to run them. I am not optimistic enough to believe that hey will get anything new to change that, as Forgeworld didn't exactly throw too much their way beyond shoehorning some of their chaos models in it.

Can someone tell me why cultists are more expensive than guard infantry?

It's bullshit but from a fluff perspective, they're harder to mobilize and supply, because they don't have an Administratum equipping them.

Because you need to run poxwalkers now.