Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

Race discussion edition
What race are you the most interested in playing as?

Link repository:
pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y

Old Thread:
Current /pfg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Mg6jfOlULw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elan.

I would like to play a half elven solarian. I would also like a solarian example blog post damnit.

Either a damaya lashunta or contemplative. They both look like awesome races for a technomancer.

Elf, because their ears are cute and perfect for bullying.

I really want to play a mechanic, but I'm not really sure about race. I'm tempted to say android or human... but not really sure.

The thing I most dearly want to play as is a robot. I'm thinking of cribbing lines from XCOM 2's Julian character.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Mg6jfOlULw

R O B O T S
O
B
O
T
S

Thirding - wanna play Legion.

Sadly androids re just SJWbots

Fuck that I'm a R O B O T.

I will write up a fucking subsystem if I have to. I WILL be a robot.

Share it with /sfg/ if you do, I'm interested.

Are you gonna refluff android?

Not really. They're just slightly more predisposed to being gender fluid compared to humans. I doubt that many of them are nonbinary.

Fukken right I will. I will be so pissed if they don't include actual damn robots.

My current plan is to make it work off the armor system; turn different suits of armor into "chassis" that the AI can upload into, with physical stats based on the armor weight and bulkiness of it.

They have security droids (which don't have stats for use as a race), though I'd imagine paizo plans to include race stats for aballonians (the robots of the Pact Worlds), likely to be included in the Alien Archive.

I look forward to it, then. We'll just have to adjust from there.

Worst case scenario, we can just make a general purpose frame race and go from there.

I suppose that would work.

>predisposed to being gender fluid compared to humans
>implying any humans are predisposed towards being "genderfluid" at all
Haha, oh wow.

I'm pretty OK if there's no "uploading", because it feels a lot like resleeving รก la Eclipse Phase, and I'd prefer it if the conciousness of true AI and Robots would revolve around some form of divine spark.

But I would love something like heavily customizeable warforged, based around a default armour chassis, much like how 3.5 warforged got a base armour that were part of them, and the choice was permanent because it's your body.

Would love to be a robot Paladin, trying to find himself, or a robot Bloodrager with a nanite or electricity/storm-based bloodline, literally malfunctioning and stumbling forward in life.

While we are no fish (some fish change sexes faster than neckbeards change socks) nearly every culture felt the need to adress transvestitism in some way, making us the most genderfluid of mammals.

well the idea of transvestitism is not really related to gender in any way. It's more an aspect of expression then gender. Like someone who identifies as male can still wear a kilt. He still identifies as male, he's just got terrible taste in clothes.

While it is in the book about the Androids, let's not forget that the Iconic's gender is Kill Strelok.

I did have an idea for a generic origin for them, but I'd like to hear any ideas you might have for them.

>While we are no fish (some fish change sexes faster than neckbeards change socks) nearly every culture felt the need to adress transvestitism in some way, making us the most genderfluid of mammals.
You'd be right however that there are many examples of early human civilization that had terms for being transgender, or even for being gender fluid.

Detestable?

What's detestable?

I mean personally, someone feeling more comfortable when being called a specific pronoun ranks pretty low on my list of detestable act human beings are capable of performing.

But they make people feel uncomfortable, which is the most detestable thing in the modern age. When all the comforts of the world are at one's command, anything uncomfortable that cannot be banished is anathema.

Anyway, have they said what happens to 7-9th level spells? It would be neat if they were rituals of vast power.

An equivalent of Wish/Miracle has been confirmed as something you can grab through talents. No other information whatsoever on level 7-9 spells has been given.

That's odd. They don't make me uncomfortable. Plus a lot of things make me uncomfortable that shouldn't necessarily be "detested". Furry's make me uncomfortable. I'm not going to say they're detestable though. That'd just be going a little two far. Out of curiousity, do you have a reason for your discomfort? Also, they haven't said specifically what will happen to 7th-9th level spells, but it appears they will be available by some method in the core rules. I have some theories on how it may work, but nothing based enough in fact to be worth sharing.