OOTS #1078

>wherein Rich Burlew acknowledges the comon plot threads he's fallen into and then goes "Naaaaaah it's Endgame Time motherfuckers we're changing this shit up"

WHERES THE JOKE FUCKLEY

I mean, NICE ASSPULL FUCKLEW

WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

And to think all he would have needed was three levels in 5th edition.

I was tempted to just cut it to "I mad" and "I'm good", but I figured V having locate object in the spellbook MIGHT be relevant enough to keep it, even if it probably isn't

10/10 thog

The sad thing is - this perfectly captures the essence of their entire dialogue.

Whoa Rich Burlew hasn't killed himself via auto-erotic asphyxiation yet?

Color me surprised.

Although making a strip that proves he's a hacky writer, lampshades it, and then reiterates it is kind of meta.

Someone make an "I'm sad" edit.

have I missed anything important since they got on the airship?

No

Am I the only one that actually liked this update?

I mean, it took a running joke/tiresome complication from nearly the very beginning of the comic, and at-fucking-last both gave it a somewhat amusing punchline and turned it into a non-issue forever.

Well worth it. Certainly better than any other alternative at this point would've been.

Roy's expression/reaction is pretty good.
>"Did I just... I'd better chuck it across the ship to test this."

I might try to do it under more controlled circumstances, so it can't possibly go overboard again, but I would absolutely test whether it was repeatable.

Why is this shit not over yet?

I think they got on the airship like a year ago, nothing has happened, things get slower the closer to the end we are

I literally didn't even notice he lost his sword, had to go back until I found it.

Well done. By attuning to an heirloom-artifact, training with your ghost-grandfather, and having a small mental breakdown, Roy has successfully replicated an ability that has roughly the same effect as TYING IT TO HIS GODDAMN ARM.

Seriously, locked gauntlets were a real-life thing forever.

Oh don't be salty. It's not homestuck

why is Veeky Forums full of bucket-of-crabs faggots who only attack other people instead of doing literally anything else? All you're doing is socially signalling your "I"m a loser and I'm mad about it!" mentality. Now deflect.

I'm a sucker for summonable weapons. Favorite magical gimmik.

So did he just waste his magic item on "I can't lose it" because that is hilarious

Legacy Weapons get multiple powers, generally leveling up as their owner does. But yes, he just used one of them on "why don't I own a locked gauntlet".

If he had a legacy throwing-knife it might be useful, but otherwise it's just another bad-choice.

If you can't make free-action instantly return to your hand broken as fuck, turn in your PC card.

>there's probably a daily limit, though
>there'd have to be
>otherwise, BROKEN AS FUCK

Throw Anything is a feat, user.
He could take that next time he gets one.

We had this thread already.

It's like a black hole. Time dilates, and you can't escape.