Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Artifact Edition:
Have any of your characters ever possessed an artifact for a significant time? Did it have a positive or negative effect on him? How did he use it to shape the world around him?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/tbt8e14i5suro4d/DRP2820_Malefex_FULL.pdf?dl=0
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/tuvarkzs-wrath-of-the-righteous
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Naderi, the truest and purest love goddess!

Shelynites should drown themselves

PAGE 6 FUCK OFF

Same roll, but you divide the result by 2 and assign the final number its corresponding letter in the alphabet (A=1, B=2, etc) to get cup size

>Have any of your characters ever possessed an artifact for a significant time?
No. Sadface.jpg

Well, considering we've been playing Giantslayer, yes since the game just throws artifacts at the players like crazy.

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if /pfg/ would enjoy playing a Giantslayer campagin, and how badly they can make it go off the rails.

Ask your group to play Giantslayer. You get a major artifact right at the end of book 1. Its a hammer that will get more powerful in a later book

Hey /pfg/, I'm making a gravedigger type character, and need some art. Anything that looks vaguely gothic, with dark hair and blue eyes.

As an image tax, and so as to get attention, I shall first post this qt alchemist for your benefit

>Ask your group to play Giantslayer
But user, I don't have a group :( and in fact I have never had the chance to play Pathfinder.

>Picture

What is that?

>picture
What is that and how do I get to play in a game that has it?

You're mom's ovary.

Looks like a giant swamp-heart type thing, or some kind of cyst where some creature is gestating.

You'll have better luck in vast repositories of character art threads. Each thread tends to start with some kind of theme, so I'm sure something like that will be featured on one of those threads.

We should try to get more art into these threads, though, but I suspect most are phoneposting.

You're not wrong. About both things, probably.

Would the Dominator regional trait work with actions such as Dazzling Display? Gut says yes, but RAW says...?

>Dominator
>You receive a +2 trait bonus on all attempts to demoralize an opponent in combat using the Intimidate skill.

Do you roll an intimidate check? If so, it applies. If you do not, it doesn't.

I want to punch that face so hard. I have no idea when I developed such an irrational hatred of him.

Yes, you roll Intimidate, thanks.

If it makes you feel better, that's my character (I do an Owen Wilson impression and everything), and he just got clocked in the face by an Iron Golem. Almost knocked him out with one swing. Almost. But he messed with the wrong muchacho.

Please tell me your party also has a Jackie Chan expy in it

I've got 2 traits and a drawback pretty much set in stone for a character:

>Pride (Drawback), because it fits.
>Outcast, because he was always and outcast, which became more and more pronounced the older he got, much due to his pride and headstrongness. Also, I needed to regain Survival as a class skill.
>Tusks, because i really want tusks, even though I can't imagine it being used much.

But I'm not sure about the last Trait. I'm considering Dominator, for +2 Intimidate for Dazzling Display and such, but if anyone has ideas for something more interesting or simply cooler, I'm taking suggestions.

dropbox.com/s/tbt8e14i5suro4d/DRP2820_Malefex_FULL.pdf?dl=0

Here is Dreamscarred Press's malefex, a 3/4 BAB, 6 base skill points, Wisdom-based class.

The malefex has somewhat of a unique playstyle. It spends swift actions to toss around at-will debuffs upon enemies, and then uses standard actions to attack and full attack with weapons. (Please do not use this class as gestalt bait.)

From a cursory inspection, a malefex looks roughly on par with a combat-oriented inquisitor or occultist, but I could be wrong. Does anyone think that an optimized malefex might be stronger than an equally optimized inquisitor or occultist, or weaker?

My main complaint about the malefex is that it has little in the way of noncombat utility beyond the 6 base skill points, the ribbon class features, and the ability to spend knocks (i.e. class talents) on noncombat utilities. A malefex lacks cantrips. The maledictions offer little in the way of noncombat utility, although there is the cheesy trick of using Steal Talent in bag of rats style to gain a constant +2 circumstance bonus to all skill checks.

For that matter, is anything stopping a malefex from constantly maintaining Steal Stamina and Steal Talent on a familiar or a similar pet, thereby reaping the benefits at all times?

You're posting in the wrong thread, 2hu.

Heyo. Anyone have the collected Monsters of sin material? Didn't see it in the pastebin.

Why of course, my friend plays "Jack Channing", and together they're two compadres. It's a straight-up nonsense game, so we freely reference some Jackie Chan Adventures, and oddly Metal Gear has entered the mix. Since my friend can't play in that campaign anymore, Jack's going to help oversee the development of our mercenary nation.

I literally just discovered roll20 like a week ago and all I can think is "why didn't this exist before"

The fact that I can just make maps like this, hide things from them, roll dice secretly and privately discuss things with certain players, keep track of monster health and stats, and have people telecommute is so fucking awesome I actually kind of want to DM now

>telecommute
Did you just time travel from the fucking 80's?

End of game, world-altering artifacts.
Cursed artifacts that sent the party on a massive sidequest to regain control of my character.
Middling artifacts of moderately more power than your run of the mill magic item.

I've seen them all, user.

How do I properly build a Strength-based, AoO-based Zealot? Using Eternal Guardian and Sleeping Goddess, race is Angel-Blooded Aasimar. Thanks in advance

Take the zealot conviction that nets you Cha to number of AoOs per round.

Probably want trip feats, so enemies provoke when tripped, and they can't get up without getting tripped and hit more. Be aware of trip immunities, though.

That was already on the list. For a statline, how does the following look? +2 STR/CHA because Aasimar, level 6 start so +1 to CON from level ups, then add in magic items I guess for whatever bonuses.

STR: 18 DEX: 12 CON: 13 INT: 8 WIS: 12 CHA: 18

Rad, I haven't tried an AoO build before, which feats should I look at?

> still salty about ensoulment

Well, not really. The results were fine. But I have a question. How does one get good at writing interesting characters?

I continually feel that I have these character concepts that have great potential, at least to me, with motives, drives, villains, and so on, but the feedback is always, always, a steady 'meh', or 'boring', or just nothing at all. It is the absolute worst sort of response. Even a shitty character who nonetheless entices the reader is at least engaging. But what defines one from the other?

I don't "get it" and it's very frustrating.

Hello /pfg/ my GM friend was thinking of running a gestalt game starting at level 17 so I was thinking of making that Druid/Wizard idea I has all along

But I wonder, I always knew for myself that managing spells at lower levels is already a bit difficult even though I manage. Doing such a character at level 17 is just asking for trouble for my brain/mind isnt it?

Sure, it will be super powerful, but i get a feeling I wont be able to manage it

The problem might not be in the idea so much as how you write it.

The app may have failed to bring across what excited you about the character to other people.

>gestalt game starting at level 17
>full casters allowed

Why not psychic|wizard?

So is Blood Money worth taking for a necromancer? I was thinking of playing a Juju Mystery Oracle with Ancient Lorekeeper, but I just don't know if it's worth it. Are there any other sorc/wizard only spells that would help as well?

I'd have to see a sample character to help. Ensoulment GM also said they'd talk to people who wanted feedback, so that would probably be even more helpful to you. I generally focus on integration into the setting and backstory to fill in motivations, while trying to remain somewhat grounded. It can run into issues of being generic, especially in games focused on being Big Damn Heroes. Playing with cultural aspects of the society can also be good, as it gives your character opinions on various topics a GM can use to further character development during sessions. Being moderate can get you in trouble, since the character can come off as not caring about anything. My advice would be to talk to Ensoulment GM, though.

Alrighty, my GM, who is pretty laid back, is allowing my charater to have a cybernetic dog.

The thing is, this dog is super intelligent, and able to talk. Even further still, he's letting this dog be trained as a BARD, so I get to roll up a character sheet.

I have PCGen, but am completely lost as to how to roll this crazy ass character up. Any tips?

FennecAnon did a really good job of putting how I've been feeling about ensoulment into words with . Lots of really interested apps didn't make either of the prospective teams because Protag wanted a high concept philosophy game and these apps were "just" interesting characters.

Matheo though

>SoP War sphere with Battle Manipulation drawback
>Pick Rally (Empower) for an immediate action +4 morale bonus to Attack, AC, CMB, CMD, save, concentration and spell penetration for 1 round.
>Pick Community Minded (Rahadoum) regional trait
>Extend that morale bonus to 3 rounds.

Just how strong is this really?

Maybe make him Gabe the Dog? The major issue is, as a dog, you won't really be able to play instruments, so you're kind of limited in your performance types, which then limits your possible versatile performance picks and masterpieces.

Maybe Thundercaller or Soundstriker or one of the other attack-focused archetypes? Oh, or do Wordcasting, if your DM allows it.

I simply want to play Wizard/Druid, is that simple

But I worry about managing a level 17 double caster

>Ever gestalting two full casters
It's not a good idea for a lot of reasons

SoM failed because 2hu scared the devs into balancing around Paizo martials. It allows you to play a ton of different concepts, but it could have made Pathfinder great.

That's only half of the problem. The other alf is Ssalarn being a complete shit who can't take criticism

What about him?

So we're in agreement that 2hu killed half of SoM?

Mind explaining

The idea is to play Arcane Hierophant from 3e really

That too, but ssalarn was only 1/4 of the team
Of course.

It's an assload of spells. I'd pick something else, if I struggled with managing one low level spell list.

SoM failed because they're garbage hacks. If you put 2hu in charge he would've given all the classes non combat utility tracks separate from their combat options.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, this dog (his name is Fenriz, because originality) is supposed to be a really good singer

>Jolly
>hack
Go back to sucking that anime cock

This might be the case.... how would you suggest going about it?

I can't really bring myself to shill a dead character here, but the other points are interesting. Would you say it's *mostly* about fit, above anything else?

That's fair, if you discovered after the fact that the game was not for you.

Which character was yours?

I'd be willing to do a post-mortem, if you're interested in hearing my thoughts.

She

>I can't really bring myself to shill a dead character here, but the other points are interesting. Would you say it's *mostly* about fit, above anything else?
After the fact it's not shilling, it's just getting constructive criticism.

>You have to keep track of two different spell lists
>You have to spend 2 hours each day meditating for druid spells and studying your spellbook separately
>You'll never ever run out of high level spells, so you get to be broken

>given all the classes non combat utility tracks separate from their combat options.

This would've been total bullshit because what if I don't WANT noncombat utility eating up my combat power?

Don't be stupid. 2hu advocates for classes receiving SEPARATE non combat tracks in ADDITION to their combat stuff. Just like Vigilante.

For Ensoulment, it seemed like it. I didn't pay it a ton of attention, so my opinion is worth dick here. In general, you have to match the tone and the setting before anything else, or your character will feel incredibly jarring.

Convince me why I shouldn't play a Roil Dancer that enters into the Mage Hunter PrC in order to get Constitution-based Magus casting.

Nah. That sounds very nice and you should do it if it sounds good.

Vigilante gets basically ribbons every other level.

Look at the SoM classes, they get combat shit EVERY level.

Any recruiting games?

Or has the golden age ended?

Right here!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/tuvarkzs-wrath-of-the-righteous

And if 2hu had his way you retarded mouth breather, they would get that AND a non combat utility track. Vigilante's social talents sucking is irrelevant to HOW their talents are distributed. Holy fuck you are stupid.

LotLK will be recruiting after WotR finishes its recruiting cycle.

Are any games looking for cute doggo girls?

>Bamboozle

>Shit show being run by a sperglord.

user pls. You should have just said there were no games recruiting.

Nope.

I'm looking at malefex and I kinda want to use Gobsmack to make a battle maid. How else can I support this style? I'll need Bad Penny, maybe Make Do?

Sorry, amigo. That was all I got.

Is it a bigger bamboozle if it runs and posts greentexts on the regular?

Question about exalted extended portfolio.
You get domain spells from your third domain, and only from your third domain, as SLA. Correct?

Okay, after much review I've decided to put my party (who should be level 2 by that point) up against a wereraptor bard 4. However, since that might still be too much natural armor for the party to deal with.

I will let them know beforehand that he's a lycanthrope and provide them with an alchemical silver emulsion to apply to either one of their weapons or 10 of their ammo so they can overcome a DR 5/silver.

The question now is: is this too easy?

Nobody has ever done combat/noncombat splits well, not even DSP's rajah is good, Heraldry levels suck dick while the combat levels are god.

It's pretty good, but nothing game breaking. Compare it to getting Greater Heroism.

So is it better that shitty non combat options get lumped in with the combat options to be ignored totally then? If SoM has good non combat stuff it should be separated. If their non combat stuff sucks, then that's a different issue.

What if you want to play a character who FIGHTS GOOD and doesn't care about noncombat?

How many /pfg/ Discord cabals are there?

How stupid of an idea is it to refluff an Atstreidi (the DSP armor dude race) as like fifty poppets operating a single suit of armor like a tiny voltron?

The fighting good is totally isolated from the non combat. If you want to never do anything outside of combat, that is up to you as a player.

can a lyncathrope cast spells in hybrid form?

literally two

Can you have masterwork stilettos?

Can you have +1 stilettos?

RAW no, but most GMs won't have a problem with it

Stiletto boots are written so fucking poorly. They should be an exotic weapon.

That's pretty stupid.

Masterwork stillettos? Yes

+1 stilletos? no because a magic item exists for that already. Like AoMF for improvised weapons

Yeah

Here's my fix

Stiletto Boots Exotic One Handed Light Weapons 1d4 x3 1lb 10 GP

Part of the close weapon group

with verbal and somatic components?

Bump.

Also, you can't take Magical Knack for a PrC's CL, right? Or at least you couldn't use Magical Knack for Agent of the Grave to boost Inspired Necromancy I'm assuming.

They have hands and can speak in hybrid form.

Other old thread:

Most DMs ban Blood Money thought I always thought it was great for a Blood Mage that isnt a willy wonka rip off. I would assume you are taking it to get around the onyx requirement?

I prefer the Word of Power version, you have to sink a feat but you get Word of Death which is just spamming undead all day erry day