EDH/Commander General - New Hotness Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Everyone seems to love the buggods, so what if anything will you do to stand out from the sea of them coming soon to a LGS/kitchen table near you?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [vote]
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-queen-marchesa/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/whats-symbol-2009-06-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm going to cosplay as Jeff Goldblum while playing with them.

I will use Teysa to exile bug gods

And you could do it again with dinosaurs. Clever girl...

>Thread question

Nothing. We have a general rule at the lgs: one person per commander. As soon as Locus God was spoiled, I claimed it. A few people were disappointed, but the guy who wanted to build Niv-Mizzet, but couldn't because I had it, was really excited. I'll probably play Locus for about two months before switching to something else and let someone else have a go.

Will daxos the returned ever become playable? How do you even ramp in wb?
How much of your deck should be enchants?

>tfw no predator flagship vehicle

Haha, you seemed to have forgotten to include the discord info, OP.

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

It is a simple mistake so don't beat yourself up about it.

>No Discord in the OP

Can you please just put it back in, it's all I have. I have never achieved anything in my life, I am fat balding and 5 foot 6 inches with a penis so small that I have to fish under my sack to find it. That Discord is all I have, and when you don't put it in the OP it makes me so angry seeing my legacy swept away by your refusal to pander to my autism! Please just put it back in so I can stop rage eating pizza rolls and get back to the serious business of planning my next online EDH game because I am too much of a fucking failure to go outside and play in person.

White has ok ramp but blaxos is just kinda shitty. Hes weak to boardwipes and doesnt synergise with most strategies that you would want to do in black or white.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/

This Hapatra list has been working pretty well for me, but there's still parts of the deck that feel clunky. For instance, should I cut out either the Protean Hulk or Necrotic Ooze combos? With the way the deck currently is, it feels like I'm not efficiently investing enough of the deck into either of them.

>Everyone seems to love the buggods, so what if anything will you do to stand out from the sea of them coming soon to a LGS/kitchen table near you?
Pic related is my buggod.

Reposting my request:
I need things like council dilemma and will of the council, anything that could benefit me via Brago's Representative and Ballot Broker.

And adding:
Is there anything I can reanimate with Alesha that makes token in Mardu?

>tfw O-Kagachi finally gets a card and it's shit

>How do you even ramp in wb?

By using blue ramp spells :^)

I gotchu
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [vote]

>all this sperging to justify camping out the previous thread just so he could sneak in an OP right when the last thread expired

Lighten up, OP. It's only cardboard.

Meant white black sorry

Daxos needs to not have an activation cost, do his thing once per turn, and make multiple small spirits instead of single big ones.

B and U are not the same thing, user.

I couldn't find shit for white ramp. That broken af weathered wayfarer is in mine but I probably need more honestly

>gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [vote]

DeVOTEd Crop Mate and DeVOTEd Druid weren't ecxactly what i was looking for.

>spider
>bug

But is this some pauper commander shit? I actually really like this, I haven't perused the full spoilers much yet.

fuck, i read that as daxos of meletis

Can you please get a trip so i can filter you out? Thank you very much

No, it's just the new spice for Hapatra.

>Kor Cartographer

>Will daxos the returned ever become playable?
No

>How do you even ramp in wb?
Knight of the White Orchid, Land Tax, Tithe, Gift of Estates, Oath of Lieges
You'll only ever keep parity with other players, but if you make it up with rocks you should do OK

Land Tax, Tithe, and Knight of the White Orchid are often used, but no, white's far from a great ramp color.

knight if the white orchid, oreskos explorer, land tax and endless horizons with artifacts do a pretty good job ramping for me. the knight/oresko is great with flicker/suntitan because the green player will always be ahead of you and eveyone that goes before you means more chances to get plains.

I don't ramp much, I just try to keep a low curve.

>8 is ashen rider
>7 is elesh norn
>0 is mana crypt

Right on 8 and 7, 0 is actually Hangarback Walker.

That's a nice curve, user...

Karlov? I'd guess that gives you something to do on turn 2, hence why you have more cards in your 3cmc slot then 2cmc

Why though

>hangarback
what are you doing with him might I ask?

>If I have to see "Discord" as a result when I Ctrl+F in one more thread I am going to have a meltdown.

Help me decide on what meme to go for once they release:
Dinosaurs in EDH and Pirates in Standard or Pirates in EDH and Dinosaurs in Standard.

>Hangarback Walker
>A deck that wants disposable creatures and also multiple attackers

Ravos and Tymna.
2nd Guess is Ayli.

Maralen can kind of be used at the 75% level. She's less stable but more fun than Zombie Sidisi because as well as "Tutor Combo GG" she's also a rules-changer you can abuse in a control shell. She just REALLY needs to be psychotically well-defended because otherwise she is going to catch death well before you untap with her.

It's a pity she can't be in the command zone in blue-black becausei t would be really funny to abuse Phasing with her (Time and Tide on a stick?)

How do planeswalkers shift planes? Do they just vibrate themselves into another plane or do they have a portalgun type of weapon?

Getting all uppity, are we? I asked nicely, user, can you get a trip please?

I'd say Standard Pirates just because dinosaur EDH is more predictable with the few cards we already know. Ignoring Beckett's ability, it's harder to see exactly what gameplan you'll get out of pirates in EDH yet.

They concentrate on the fabrics of the reality they are in and twist them around kind of like bungie jumping.

#
You forgot the best gritty survivor waifu. Being a boy never stopped anyone from being the best girl.

Tymna/Ravos (mostly Tymna desu)

Part of my goal for the deck was to get cheap fliers out early game to keep a stream of card draw via Tymna's effect. The other part of the concept was to make an aristocrats style deck. At one point, I tried out Doomed Traveler with the idea that he can get in for attacks early, and if he's chumped and dies, the flying token will get in for attacks and help me draw cards the next turn. Doomed Traveler honestly overperformed in this function, and I later added Hangarback for the same reasons, albeit Hangarback has a stronger late game. It might sound strange on paper, but the strategy has worked pretty well in game.

>Flourishing Defenses
>Parallel Lives
I'm erect. Didn't even consider Parallel Lives

Necromantic Ooze has 10 possible targets but I'll admit that Devoted Druid > Channeler Initiate is a slick fucking combo.

I don't know what you mean with the Protean Hulk, with the number of green tutors you have I assume you're just going to fish out your favorite infinite for the win

Looks like a tight list, it's got answers, it's got win variation, I don't know what to tell you man.

so they vibrate like radical larry?

They have to. Guys like Jace and Gideon are ALL business ALL the time.

If The Locust God dies, and is returned to my command zone, will he return to my hand from the command zone during the next end step?

I believe so

No. Why would you send him back to the command zone anyways though?

Oh wait nevermind, i just remember that "dying" is the specific act of going from the battlefield to the graveyrd, so no it doesn't work from the command zone because it has to go specifically to the graveyard to die

>it's harder to see exactly what gameplan you'll get out of pirates in EDH yet.
Probably the same thing Pirates did before they added the Act of Treason color and tribal support.

It differs between each Walker.
>The act itself differs from planeswalker to planeswalker, because each planeswalker's identity is an essential part of the ability. For one planeswalker, a shamanistic ritual must be performed. For another, planeswalking is the culmination of a long, dreamlike trance. The details of a given planeswalker's method are dependent on who they are, how much of the Multiverse they have seen, and perhaps most importantly, what color(s) of mana they can wield.

Here's a pretty explicit example:
>Icy took a step backward, and the air froze heavily around him as globules of ice formed suspended in the space behind him. The globules reflected a different place than the one they were in—a white, icy landscape covered in drifting snow. The globules of ice grew and circled around Icy.

>Garruk held up a hand. "A question. How long does it take you to planeswalk?"

>Icy's eyes widened, and his mouth opened as his hands raised up. Garruk gripped his axe, pivoted, and took Icy's head off at the neck, just as the globules had begun forming into a single icy portal. Instead, the globules shattered, and immediately melted into water at Garruk's feet. Icy's body slumped lifeless to the ground, his head rolling to the side, its blue orbs gray and still.

>"Too long, it looks like."

One explicit rule is that the Planeswalker symbol always appears in some facet. Omniscience is depicting Jace planeswalking.

Come into the discord and we can discuss what trip is going to be.

I like O-Kagachi because the card is on flavor, even if it isn't super powerful. He exiles instead of destroys, which is really thematic what with kamigawa having that whole thing about immortality/indistrucable, and divinity counters, and That Which Was Taken.

I really want to make a scarab god deck since hes the best looking UB commander

Never, just name yourself discordfag

>Really want to make Jalira
>Don't want to do Mono-U

What if I have 7 cards in my hand and I don't want to mill something?
But honestly, I'm just asking because the rule didn't say 'may,' and I was thinking about MTGO misclicks.

Yeah, Scarab God's a boss. I've been brewing him and am feeling good about a bounce/discard/mill engine with a side of land screwage, seasoned to taste with zombie tribal, deserts, and saboteurs.

Everyone seems to love the buggods, so what if anything will you do to stand out from the sea of them coming soon to a LGS/kitchen table near you?

Instead of some retarded zombie-mill rehash, I'll be playing Dimir control value, using Eldrazi processors to reanimate the same creature multiple times after I counter/kill it.

*planeswalks behind you*
nothing personnel kid

Best colors for Chaos? Don't really want to do Izzet, but Temur or Jeskai sounds fine

Rakdos

>sing Eldrazi processors to reanimate the same creature multiple times after I counter/kill it.
Are you me?

will use whatever pic or card of dwayne johnson for scorpion god. also use krenko and blowfly infestation as a draw engine.

>discord fags still BTFO that the URL was changed to 4F4Gz for like a week before anyone noticed
Ah, never change, you salty stupid bastards.

Here's Nahiri's internal monologue of what Planeswalking feels like. Keep in mind that she's also experiencing the effects of the Mending for the first time.

>She pushed against the walls of the world, experimentally, and tried to move in that unreal direction only Planeswalkers could sense. She felt the walls of the world around her—she was still a Planeswalker, whatever had happened to her body—but as she probed them, those walls proved far firmer than she remembered. They had been a soap bubble; now they were a barrier that would take will and time to overcome. Was she so diminished?

>But no. No. She pushed, the way she always had. The problem wasn't strength. The walls really were higher, thicker. The Blind Eternities were less connected to this place than they had been when she arrived. The shape of the universe had changed, while she fell. She could feel it.

>She was still a Planeswalker. Whatever that meant.

>With effort, she cast herself into the Blind Eternities. They tore at her, assailed her, just as they always had. Disoriented as she was, there was only one plane she could possibly have reached—the one he would expect her to run to, if he were looking. But there was no helping that.

The flavor and mechanics work, but it really doesn't embody the sense of power or fear that it deserves. It's a 6/6 for 6. The one card it was shown on could exile an enter board state. It should be a 7/7 or have trample AT THE LEAST so that it could exile things more reliably.

It should fit fine in the Kamigawa cube I built, as there is a supported 5-color theme for hondens and the legendary genju. But trading with one of the spirit dragons (who then give a dying benefit) will feel awful.

>One explicit rule is that the Planeswalker symbol always appears in some facet. Omniscience is depicting Jace planeswalking
Wow. I only now realize that the thing Jace is walking on in Omnicience looks like a Planeswalker Symbol.
I feel dumb.

It does have Trample. Flying too. There's very little short of hard removal that's gonna stop him from getting in at least 1 point of damage.

Don't try to ramp. Instead, slow everyone else down

Thanks, I did miss that.

I'll try making a spirit deck for O-Kagachi sometime. I already have a 5-color commander I that I don't like playing often because it's so control-heavy, maybe I can convert it over. It's probably going to suck ass though.

It represents both a handprint, a unique mark of the multiverse acknowledging the act of walking, and five divergent paths spread out in front of the walker.

Black has a bunch of Ramp, which shouldn't lose too much effectiveness if you use a good selection of dual lands. Shit like Cryp Ghast, Liliana of the Dark Realms, Cabal Coffers, and all of Black's other mana-doubling effects are your friend.

I built a budget Queen Marchesa from the schratch of my Saskia precon, mind giving some advice /edh/?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-queen-marchesa/

I like it. I run silent arbiter so I don't get focused down (so my beefy tokens can tank). Any other suggestions for hidden tech?

>One explicit rule is that the Planeswalker symbol always appears in some facet.
>Omniscience is depicting Jace planeswalking.
Where are these stated?

Be fabulous?

Nigga you evil

>Not Rakdos or monoblack so it can be with Scorpion God EDH

It would have been more spicy on it.

I just noticed now
>his

>Thread Question
STOMP FUCKING BUGS WITH MY FAT ASS

Although they get to see what you tutor, the Dimir Transmute cards are breddy gud. Dimir House Guard in particular can be returned to hand easily with phyrexian reclamation to fetch board wipes, replenish, anointed procession,graveborn muse, Endless Ranks of the Dead, Leylines, Filth, Kalitas, Debt to the Deathless

>No -1/-1 Jund Commander to bring Hapatra and Scorp God together

>No Jund Landfall deck to bring Gitrog and Borbygamos together

>there will never be a jund commander not focused on saccing shit

>No Jund Landfall deck to bring Gitrog and Angry Omnath together

ftfy

Literally first result for "Planeswalker symbol" on Google.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/whats-symbol-2009-06-10
>whenever a planeswalker leaves a plane, this mark will appear in some way, as though the planar fabric has metaphysically acknowledged the act.

>Gitrog
>Angry Omnath
>Titania
The circle is complete

What am I?

I said NOT focused on saccing

A one way ticket to lose the game

>Angry Omnath
>Not Pissed Borby

Thanks

my bad