Towers

Maps and inspiration. High fantasy or grimdark. All towers are welcome here.

WELCOME TO DIE

Is this the tower from Conan the Destroyer?

>Tallest obstruction
>draws obstruction taller than tallest obstruction

So the engineers made some very liberal height estimations, what could go wrong?

Does this count?

What the fuck is that ladder made of?

When we built the tower of babel why did God screw with us?

The Tower of Babel is just an allegory for hubris.

>Man thinks he can play god
>Man builds tower to reach "Heaven"
>Nature/God shows Man he's full of shit and doesn't know jack

Also got wrapped up with a convenient myth for why there are so many different cultures/languages

Nice, this is exactly the kind of castle-tower I was looking for

laddertanium, second strongest metal known to man

The whole situation sounds like a good premise for a campaign. Anything out there similar to this?

do space elevators count?

Someone post the story.
Was it from /m/? I dont remember.

These are great. Anyone have any topdown maps of realistic and defensible towers such as these?

I fucking love towers. I think every campaign should include a tower to traverse at some point.
>B-but you can just climb it or fly to the top!
That's part of the fun. And a good DM would have something prepared for such an obvious answer, anyway.

if flight and so forth is common enough, one of the things you could consider is have the top be mostly enclosed and/ore the most important stuff being in the middle.

Or just have flying combatants. Combat in the air is extremely deadly.

If flight is commonplace or even remotely an option, there should be encasement of the thing the party is after or there should be some sort of Icarus thing going on where it restricts flight the closer they are to the top.

There isn't much to it, it falls into the same class of architecture as Buckminster's flying city balloons or Archigram's walking cities.

>torches everywhere at night as if they're free and last indefinitely

Fucking artists.

Hey, maybe they're just about to go to bed, you don't fuckin' know

>16km of funerary, reliquary and worship
What awesome cult made this?

>hey I'm a watchman on top of a tower, you know what I could use? a torch right in front of my face so I'll have nightblindness and can't see shit in the distance, that will be great

>nah, even better, let's have a giant campfire, and then put a torch right next to it, you know, for more light

Who the fuck cares about beds. Are you really going to sit there and defend this shit?

The worst part is that it's a beautifully clear night with a full moon out. If they just let their eyes adjust to the darkness they could see really well anyway. No torches needed.

Fuck off idiot.

Are you autistic? Its a clear moon, they don't need torches on. And the torch behind the campfire serves no purpose at all.