Thoughts on this show as it pertains to tabletop?

Thoughts on this show as it pertains to tabletop?

Don't.

fpbp

Just don't.

Don't think it does in any way, any more than any other random show. I also like it very much

Maybe give it a system similar to Planechase. Every so often jump to a different dimension with a different set of rules.

I NEED THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY

Is Season 3 out yet?

normies ruined this show, but it was already not that much above average to begin with

So are you just going to keep making this thread until someone bites and you get the shitflinging you crave? This isn't /co/ user.

This month on the 30th

Any other superior sci fi shows?

Good show

shitty fanbase

Where are you even seeing the fanbase for this show. It still seems like an underrated show to me because I never see anyone talking about it or watching it outside of something like a rick and morty reddit or some shit.

You don't see it spammed on video game forums. You don't see meme images with the show.

The Expanse.

/tv/ hates it because they see it as reddit and they hate reddit to the point where they label everything they don't like as reddit.
My conclusion is that it's kind-of good, but highly overrated. I find it fun.
But might have a point, but I would like to hear the "Why?" and the "Why not?".

I know that there are fanbases that are categorized as bad or horrible, but is there such thing as a good fanbase? Please don't derail the thread.

Homestuck

Paranoia?

I'd honestly call Stargate's fanbase pretty good, at least as far as science fiction television shows go. The near unanimous bonding over how terrible Stargate Universe was kinda helped tie that into a bow, even if they have debates on the various seasons and characters, I don't think I've ever seen any corner of the internet devolve into shit flinging.

>You don't see meme images
Veeky Forums makes memes, reddit recycles memes.
And they can't recycle what isn't there.

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

t. guy born in 1990

Everytime someone talks about GURPS, I just picture this show. I don't really like GURPS because when you have rules for everything, everyone is going to want to use a little of everything & just devolve any game into a hodgepodge mess. This show is really good, but everything in the background is a mess & that's how GURPS looks to me.

the big group that is really into R&M besides leddit is gen Xers/children of the 80s for whatever reason. lot of my friends in that age group who are not internet aficionados/autismos love that show

Reddit the TV show.

>stop liking what I don't like
>no fun allowed
>everybody is stupid but me

did I miss any?

>This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience.

Confirmed for not having watched the show. Only rick has that attitude and it's shown to be toxic to him and everyone around him.

A better critique is that it's pretty clear the whole enterprise started as "oh man what if doc brown was an abusive alcoholic sociopath wouldn't that be funny", but then as it got success the authors started feeling like they had to take the characters somewhere. The premise of the show doesn't really support meaningful character development but the writers still try to shoehorn it in, with limited success.

Fine, you want a Rick and Morty themed Tabletop game?

>Grab an old copy of Frag
>Don't lie to me, I know you fuckers have one
>Give everyone one model for their 'Rick' and ten models/tokens for their 'Morty's'
>Your Rick is invulnerable to damage as long as you have a Morty alive.
>Rick's play like normal, Morty's just move 1d6, have 1d6 for accuracy and the basic pistol and any shooting at them that is in range auto-kills them.

There, have fun.

>gen Xers/children of the 80s for whatever reason.
Well that includes me, I guess, although I consider the early 90s my childhood more than anything.

I dunno. I just think its a fun show. Same reason I enjoy say, Archer or South Park or Simpsons in the 90s. I don't think any of them are timeless masterpieces or anything like that. But then again, I'm not going in expecting every TV show to be some meaningful life experience that speaks to my world view or whatever. Just my 2c

And I don't go to Reddit.

I bet you think Ren & Stimpy was deep meaningful commentary on the world at the time.

Also, come to think of it I guess it also kind of reminds me of those late night MTV cartoons like The Head and The Maxx a little bit? Liquid Television, MTV oddities, those blocks. I fucking loved those as a kid. Okay I'm done blogging now.

If it's small it's usually good but you'll hardly get any content from them

Hey, I liked Ren and Stimpy. It was hilarious. Best show on Nickelodeon at that time, not counting Nick at Night. Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence introduced me to tabletop.

>late night MTV cartoons like The Head and The Maxx
It feels like Superjail time traveled to the present time from that era of cartoons. Maybe BoJack, too. Its sad because it seems like they'd have been way more popular back in the 90s.

This is /co/ pasta