Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Daemons are your friends edition

>FAQ (New FAQ), Tau Tears Edition:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than Ferrus Manus

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_16&products_id=219&zenid=8caplpvke3s9u5nhour2e0js66
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for alpharius

>zombie daemons
>zombie tears
>zombie threads

Oblig. pour one out for the Exalted Sorcerors.

30 pts = ripperooni.

Or was it?

#

Buddy, honestly if you did that to me I'd give you a dreamy-eyed nostalgic look and tell you to roll the templates slower so I could savour it.

And I play 8th, I just have that hard a hate boner for random number of shots and random damage. (Multiple damage is a fantastic addition to the game, randomising it is dumb as shit).

>zombie Rubrics

Nurgle's power know no bounds

Agreed. Templates were delightful compared to 1d3 chuckles.

>having a dice rolling fetish

Any suggestions for a Leman Russ alternative that doesn't look like shit?

Anyone ever try converting a Predator into a Leman Russ?

Metal Bawkses look like shit too

Can you use 'master of mechanisms' inside of a vehicle?

Preadators are not close to the same size as the russ.
I'd look to some historical wargame models for a good substitute
You take that back

With the FAQ out, why would you NOT play Purestrain Genestealers?

I can't get behind how they are literally better than Tyranid GS and their ppm is 2 points less.

I agree on the vanilla Pred, but I think the Deimos looks pretty good.

Not unless it says you can.

What happens if two units of pox walkers fight?

As I understand it, no. Models inside vehicles don't exist unless a rule says otherwise.

First for the Deathwatch

They switch sides

Get the Mars Alpha pattern turret and stick it on a Sicaran.

They push each other around and pretend to switch sides over and over.

Imagine a planet full of very small primitive tribes of humans who rarely come into contact with other tribes. Would they be completely immune to chaos corruption?

Think about it
>No war due to isolation so Khorne is out
>Too busy not getting eaten or starving to have massive orgies so slaanesh is out
>Population would be so small that the chances of having a psyker born are next to none so no Tzeentch
>If the planet is full of small, isolated tribes plague would be impossible so no Nurgle.

>cupola isn't wide enough for marines to pass through

This annoys me far more than it should.

He's gw?
They're the ones who added more dice rolls.
Damocles rhino even rolls a die just because.

Safe from Chaos, then a single Ork spore arrives on a meteorite that is the remains of a warship from the War in Heaven and they all get wiped out by Ork hordes within a year.

Sicaran is a bit big, but fuck it, the tank looks too good. Who gives a fuck if I disadvantage myself, I'll take it for a beautiful tank.

In a crisis. Had the sick idea of doing a Mars-based, doom themed primaris army. Tried the color scheme and, while it looks appropriate, hate how I'm basically painting loyalist nurgle marines.

So- homebrew on or settle for something like IF/Ultramarines for that BobbyG Booty?

Drones are now a hell of a lot less useful. My tears, take them.

Why are Chaos worshipers all spiky and evil if the gods they worship aren't actually evil?

Will I get accused of cheese if I run my scions with four plasma guns each? I have thirty of them.

I feel like suffering through 7e of getting slaughtered due to overpricing means I deserve a bit of WAACing.

Apply more seals to differentiate. If you're going to make an army of Doomguys, make them 40k Doomguys.

dumb phoneposter

also these don't look very nurgley to me, unless you consider the color green to be the domain of the plaguefather in which case the salamanders and orks would like a word with you

word in the pipe is that they are gonna be nerfed soon.

so enjoy it, while it lasts.

Fix the colours and truck on dude.

>Will I get accused of cheese if I run my scions with four plasma guns each? I have thirty of them.

Its nothing my 5 Stormravens can't handle.

Torrents especially so. I also miss Tank Shock too, or being able to choose what I could put in Reserves without it being spelled out for me.

Had plans to build this kind of list for 7e but then 8e came out, and it's now rather pointless. I enjoyed the idea of having a shitload of cheap outflankable mech, as well as a wave of democharges and flame torrents (budget hellhounds).

Nah, they're still pretty easy to kill, so I wouldn't say it's waac.

they look nothing like loyalist plague marines. their green is much more on the yellow spectrum. yours is leaning toward blue. only a frothing retard would glance at your models and think "prague mahrenz!"

Only worthwile drones are the technicals and the gunners.
They are also as smart as squirrels, which makes then more ugu kawaii.

Infiltrator get more nerf to join with its brother Rustalker in the unplayable list.

Good Riddance.

Thinking about taking this to an upcoming tournament this weekend. Is there anything I would likely see that is going to pick me apart?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++

+ HQ +

Belisarius Cawl

Tech-Priest Dominus: Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers
Kataphron Destroyer: Cognis Flamer, Plasma Culverin

Kataphron Destroyers

Skitarii Vanguards
6x Skitarii Vanguard
3x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 3x Plasma caliver
Vanguard Alpha: Arc maul, Arc pistol

+ Elites +

Cybernetica Datasmith: Gamma pistol, Power fist

Sicarian Infiltrators
Infiltrator Princeps
Flechette blaster & Taser goad: Flechette Blaster, Taser goad
Sicarian Infiltrator
Sicarian Infiltrator
Sicarian Infiltrator
Sicarian Infiltrator

+ Fast Attack +

Sydonian Dragoons
Sydonian Dragoon: Phosphor Serpenta, Radium Jezzail

+ Heavy Support +

Kastelan Robots
Kastelan Robot: Incendine Combustor, Kastelan Fists

Onager Dunecrawler: Broad Spectrum Data-tether
Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber, Icarus Array

++ Total: [96 PL, 1999pts] ++

There's a company that makes a resin model clearly meant to be a Russ and which isn't the tank with the dumb church windows. It was sold out last time I looked but was an amazing sculpt basically a German tiger but converted into a russ.

No forgeworld faq, fw regiments still doing 3 plasma damage per shot.

Do you mean this? It's a great looking tank but I think it's OOP.

Who said it's based on the ugly Doom 4 suit?

Siege dread.

Looks good to me user, and I may actually borrow this list b/c it's almost exactly the models I own

ok

Not really, they neurostatic aura got worse but their pistols got way better since now you can pewpew even in combat.

Why couldn't the Electropriest be an HQ like he is in the fluff? I'd -love- a cheap support HQ right about now.

Anyone played with a force of Chaos Marines and Daemons?

How well do they compliment eachother this edition? I've heard a lot of complaints about summoning.

That looks so good. Russ needs an updated model, looks goofy as hell.

The bits of orange not present here

>mould lines left on
inb4 dipped in thick base paint, washes thrown at it and drybrushing everywhere else

Nah that wasn't it.

He's talking about the FAQ which removed an attack from them.

I don't really care about shit summoning, I'm just pissed daemons lost deep strike which was kinda core to their gameplay since their first independent codex.

Not really worried about the seals part, kinda want them to just be rank and file marines. Not saying its exclusive, just feels that way. Guess its the problem with a muted or more realistic scheme, doesn't really pop all that much.
I tried a whole bunch and what I got on the model is close as I'm gonna get without mixing for ratios (which i just can't be bothered with if I'm gonna stick to an army worth of them.

I'm smoothing out his helmet with some magic sculpt to go for the whole visor look, just painting him in parts to get to all the nooks and crannies. Just figured that if I wanted an army I should at least make it pop a little more. Guess I'll actually hammer this one out before I jump to any conclusions.

>hating on the iconic Russ design

What mould lines? I don't really see any noticable ones anywhere on it.

GW needs to find a good trademarkable name for a new model, like a Numinous Voltpontifex, or a Conducive Ampbishop Crackling Shockmullah.

Battle brothers, onwards for the greater good!

OP here, it is based entirely on the Doom 4 suit

So if Malcador and Arkhan Land get models to join with Leman Russ, I guess we'll only need Sir Phillip Baneblade.

really?
I missed it.
Well, FUCK
WHY

Damn, so it's shit then
nevermind

DELETE THIS

>Implying anyone cares what marinelets do now the new Primaris™ are on the scene

Tau are welcome to waste their time attempting to aquire the Imperium's obsolete military equipment.

I dig the concept, but the mixed pauldrons look shit and the helmet swap seems a pretty lazy design too.

New novels make the drones kawaii

On the drill.

What I don't get is why they haven't had the earth caste crack AsTautes enhancements yet. Genome mapping isn't exactly hard science for a sci fi race.

See, honestly the biggest problem was the wrists. They're skin and, again, I cant be bothered to work through shit in terms of converting them all up. Although I will agree if I made the green pop and used more contrasting colours it would probably be more enjoyable to paint. Pot committed I guess.

Now you gone and done it, I have to get some primaris to convert over to the greater good.

Those are practically microscopic.

FOUND IT

madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_16&products_id=219&zenid=8caplpvke3s9u5nhour2e0js66

It has a bunch of turret options and fits the Russ scale and aesthetic perfectly

Why are you continuing to reply seriously to me when I just dismissed your entire project

sponsons?

Is battlescribe shit, or am I not allowed to make an Imperium detatchment, pulling units from anything with Imperium faction keyword???

>Having standards so low that the Russ is iconic

Is the wartrak with it's mini orklets also iconic? It's about as old and shitty.

Almost like it was something to talk about, iunno. Silly me.

It just needs to have the back thickened out and the front smoothed down, see: the forge world version.

YOU WILL NEVER WIN THE LOCAL PAINTING COMPETITION WITH THAT ATTITUDE

But templates were even more random then what we have now?

You'd have to convert them somehow, but you could put them anywhere now since sponsons aren't in the rules anymore. Or just run the Russ cheap with turret and body.

You mean the Command Squads with plasma guns? because it was FAQ'd, you can only take 1 Command Squad per Commander, so now you need to pay the Commander tax to spam them.

>that image
>there are still people who think that the armor is supposed to expose his belly rather then that portion just being torn off in combat

new khorne berzerker models when?

I have to admit, I preferred templates for their flavour.
Not having to worry as much about positioning blobs is nice though.

>Not wanting to show off abs so shredded demons wail in terror

So is your dick

Flamer templates certainty weren't, and no: If you hit with a large blast you'd get a fairly predictable hit score.

Heck technically with small blasts you'd know you were probably hitting one guy too.

I have serious problems working out enough anti-horde in a list nowadays when I focus on big models... And honestly I usually do, big models are the shit.

They should've used the same mechanics for blasts as they did for bombs.

After Noise Marines, I hope.

>Death Guard teaser was in March
>still unreleased

It bother me a little bit that explosive weapons like battle canons are better against single models than groups. They should be d6 hits that can't exceed the number of models in the unit. Then they could make the demolisher Canon powerful without having to worry about it insta gibbing titans. Same with flamers but they're not nearly as bad about it.

I just want an actual upgrade kit for God's sake. The FW one is boring, and the Dark Imperium DG are as big as current terminators. Now all my other marines are marinelet as fuck.

>not scraping off even the very smallest lines
Begone, foul daemon!

So I heard you can shoot your own guys, but can't see where in the rulebook it allows it. Anyone care to clarify for me?

inb4 read the rulebook reeee