Gravis Armor

So what exactly is it?

Is it some kind of stopgap between normal armor and termie armor?

Its termie armor for the Primaris marines.

Pretty much. GW is probably trying to make 2+ saves a unique Termi benefit.

>crotchbling

>Has a bone over his crotch armor

Exactly. DI litteraly says something along these lines, that it's more resistant than normal PA but not as much as Termie.

It seems GW has decided to make Primaris play really different from SM, they're not just upscaled Marines with clear assault marines or devastators.
Sure enough we have tacticals, but for nox, those are the only troops that seem to pplay in the same way.

I don't know if this lack of similarities is good or bad, more on a fluff point of view rather than crunch. At least SM chapters were standardised and their organisation between Tac, Ass and Devs made sense.
Here, it seems a bit wobbly in that regard. Wait and see.

T5 W2 3+ might actually be better than T4 W2 2+

>with clear assault marines or devastators.
>Inceptors and Hellblasters

It has to provide terminator level strength increase if they can fucking duel wield heavy bolter smg's

From what we've seen Inceptors don't have CC weapons and hellblasters seem to use special rather than heavy weapons.

It kinda changes the dynamic of the battle.
Of course if they're given what I've said above, they will, indeed, be the same.

>DI litteraly says something along these lines, that it's more resistant than normal PA but not as much as Termie.

Sooo, artificer armor?

Artificer armor isn't always more resistant, at least fluff wise. It's more bling first and foremost.

But I guess. Just less bling and more mass produced, since no artificer armor is the same.

>DA let primaris marines join the Deathwing

please don't remind me these fucking things exist. 74$ for a single plastic model is enragingly expensive.

Considering the changes to how AP values work?
Yeah it's objectively better.
Now S8 doesn't wound on a 2+ and most anti-infantry weapons wound on a 5+ or better.

The only thing you miss out on is the 5+ invul but big guys take halos anyway.

Where do you live where they cost $14 MORE than australia?

>tfw Necrons get 2+ and T5 for nothing

The Flesh is weak motherfucker!

Also Honor Guard.

>From what we've seen Inceptors don't have CC weapons and hellblasters seem to use special rather than heavy weapons.

They both fit the archtype of the unit but not the exact role. Seems to me like Inceptors are meant to be used like Seraphim and Hellblasters are a whole other thing.

It's looking like Primaris Marines are doubling down on a mobility focus, and that's pretty neat.

Well... yeah, kinda. I know lore wise Artificer armor isn't always just better armor, but it seems like Mk X is supposed to be the new and the best, stands to reason it would be on the level of some of the better standard Mk's.

None more faithful famalama

Speaking of Gravis armour, is there a way to build the DI box Gravis captain with a different backpack? From what I can tell, the model doesn't have a similar mounting point as the MkX suit have.

The equivalent of artificer armor for numarines

>AA
>3+ save

numarines dont have relic armor.

In time manlet marines will disappear and numarines will be the only marines.

Gravis is just the artificer equivalent even if the rules are different.

Why do 30k legions get AA, they're nu.

Because 30k' lore is horribly thought out as it was supposed to be a splendorous age of legends but GW decided to be lazy and make it 40k-Lite

>Because 30k' lore is horribly thought out

Or Artificer Armour is master-crafted power armour, not an old piece of shit that somehow got better as time went on.

Gravis armor is for female space Marines.

These look so bad.

>hating tartaros suit

How dare you insurt grorious forge worrd designu!

Still the best

>when the poses are better than what chaos termies get but the models themselves look like shit

It's armour designed to conform to the Numarines ideal, which like many African cultures, sees gluttony and obesity as a mark of privilege and inherent respectability.

>7 pauldrinas
>maybe more

he's a kiwi.

in this case it's plastic's fault.
The tartaros suit can look pretty good.
mostly on pretty boys

because it's a time where the craft was far expanded on.
40k has forgot more methods than they've learned them

So all 30k suits should be 2+?

It's not the plastic, it's the eavy metal paintjob as opposed to the FW studio one. The plastic tartaros are exactly the same as the resin just less chapter specifics.

>Speaking of Gravis armour, is there a way to build the DI box Gravis captain with a different backpack?

Not unless you get rid of or move the ammo box for his wrist gun.

no.
the need for mass production throws a spanner into that work.
Artificer is produced by artisans and given to particular people who have shown themselves worthy.
that's why squad sergeants can get them. It's not that every sergeant has one just that through the several hundred years of nonstop war a number of even low ranking men got theirs (men who would be heroes in 40k).
this is why it's the age of legions.
Every small command has a few heroes of some renown with kit special made for them in their honour, while their fathers, minor gods walk their earth.

i would have thought otherwise.
see the mk 3 are different no?
different leg shape, different proportions.
Either-way such is my point the INFERIOR TO CATAPHRATII ARMOUR can look good when draped in iconography

Well, replacing the fist arm was my intention, but the problem is the ammo belt and drum on backpack. I wanted to keep the backpack intact if I even end up using it something else, which would mean I need to replace backpack with one from another kit.

So 40k just can't produce any form of AA and each and every AA is a relic from the past?

Generally speaking that is a bit of the fluff.
>archaic suits get upgraded over time and become this Hodge Podge relic thing
I'm just trying to explain why it makes sense for an equivalent artificer Armour to exist in 30k.
though really what's the effective difference between producing a new beautiful piece of Armour for one hero and tinkering with another until it's a living tapstry of heavy armour

And I'm asking why Gravis the Primaris Artificer Armour, isn't 2+, to which the answer so far has been "because they're new and not relics."

Does Gravis give +1W 3+ save, or is the +1W from being a chadmarine and it's regular power armour in crunch?

Gives +1T, the extra wound is from being primaris.

Plastic Tartaros are not the same as resin ones

You would know if you actually had resin ones. Just look down behind the kneeplate

We all know what full-fledged Primaris terminators are gonna look like.

>giving primaris old and busted 30k era suits
>not new hotness suits

Has GW even said there's gonna be Primaris terminators?

Not enough Jetpack on those.

Why isn't the shoulder mounted weapon already a thing? Termie armor has enough fuckhueg paldron for a mounted plasma gun or something.

This guy's gun still makes no sense.

What's wrong with it?

>Why isn't the shoulder mounted weapon already a thing?

But it has been since HH.

>Termie armor has enough fuckhueg paldron for a mounted plasma gun or something.

But you can just as well put it on the arm, thus lowering your profile and giving the gun a finer aim.

Drum Mag on a plasma weapon?

Is it a plasma rifle or pistol?

Why does it have a drum mag?

Why does it need a "magazine" in general if the supply is connected via the wire/tube anyway?

It's a combi-plasma.

Are you seriously this stupid?

What said.

the autism required to make something like this, goddamn....

Is this standard Termie size?

cus if so goddamn son

This is true. But having a storm bolter or a las cannon on your shoulder so you can use a huge power weapon or just more dakka in general would be useful. Also, the whole house pauldron thing has gotten out of hand. Cataphract plate looks fukin silly.

>house
Huge I mean. Fuckin auto correct.

>having a storm bolter on your shoulder

Or just wrist mount it like Logan and GK, and swing a two-handed weapon with ease.

>lascannon

If you're armed with a big long range gun and a big close combat weapon, you might be overdoing it a bit.

>Cataphract plate looks fukin silly.
>mfw

what a qt

>Get knocked in combat by an explosion or whatever
>Lose all your teeth

nice armor

They even have the ab plating

From what DI goes with Felix the primaris capt wearing it thinks about how it's armor was made more with durability vs small arms in mind as some DG are shooting at him and bolts bounce off even more so then regular PA

What the hell is the time scale of the graph, or the verticle axis for that matter (space marine goodness!?)

Lol, 30k is like 40k except literally everyone plays marines.
Worst part is when I finally decided to give in and try it out I find out they dont have blood angel rules for it yet, like the only legion without them lul.

Oh god I hope so, so badly.

>they dont have blood angel rules

Book 6: Retribution, pg. 258-261. Legion rules, RoWs, etc. You're just missing unique units, which are coming, along with DA ones, in Book 8: Angelus. But it's enough to get you started.

Terminators are better against bolters, krak missiles (just), autocannons, meltas and heavy bolters (just) and regular plasma.

They break even with Inceptors on overcharged plasma.

There may be a combination of Str and AP where T5, 3+ is better than T4, 2+/5++, but it's not one that I ran into on a brief run through of common weapons.

(Note: throw in an Iron Halo and this will change: it will definitely make Gravis better than Terminator armour against Krak Missiles and Meltas. But Inceptors vs Terminators; Terminators win on durability)

I'm guessing the Deathwing Primaris are existing DAs who were given the extra enhancements. I can't picture the letting outsiders anywhere near the truth about the Fallen.

From this angle, maybe. It's a combi weapon so if you rotated it you would see that the other side has a boltgun on it.

1. All Librarians are inducted into the Deathwing. This has always been the case. Because you can't keep secrets from people who can read minds.

2. Remember that the timeline has been advanced more than a hundred years and all chapters were given access to Primaris tech. There will now be Primaris marines who had no contact with Cawl. Some may have risen to the Deathwing in that time (100 years is fast to rise to 1st company, but not impossible).

>calling the cursed founding low

Wow what a fucking slap in the face. They're being put in the same category as the Horus fucking Heresy just for existing. They didn't even put Badab on there.

>Lamenters

Kek

>entire founding being a massive failure
>vs.
>a chapter goes bad

Badab was more or less an isolated but heavily recorded incident in a 10k year history full of civil strife and Astartes on Astartes warfare for which records are mostly lost. Some ultraviolent sisterhood hijacking the Imperial Palace, protecting a corrupt fat fuck who seized power from Imperial justice, and keeping Astartes out is a very big low point - but its not noted that way because of the records and the outcome.

>James Bond in terminator armour
I'm okay with this

k, because i was responding to i don't give a shit about gravis armour

And if you read the previous 3 posts in the chain, you'd see where the whole thing was coming from:

Brother-Commander Iacomus Vinculum of His Immortal Majesty's Space Marines.

i fail to see your point.
I'm only on about the relic armour.
clam your autism

>i fail to see your point.

Well, if you knew the context of the question, you'd understand it a bit better. user was saying primarines don't get 2+ because their armour is not old relics, but new creations. Which naturally prompts the question that if you can only have AA through old armour, how come 30k can have AA when all their PA is new.

>Well, if you knew the context of the question
The context doesn't matter to me.
> you'd understand it a bit better
I understand it plenty, which is why i called it autism.

i was answering:
>how come 30k can have AA when all their PA is new.
to the best of my ability.
At no point did it have to deal with the larger question and i have no obligation to deal with the larger question.

> user was saying
come now user.

if you want an answer regarding

>why Gravis the Primaris Artificer Armour....
I'd assume that it either has to do with artificer armour being scaled back.
I'm a guard/30k mech player so i don't know about the current marines but if my lack of 4+ vets are anything then you likely are unable to buy artificer Armour.
Otherwise it could be the suit is focused on mobility and supporting gear.
The artificer armours were the least advanced armours generally speaking. Also i hear they get built in weapons and shit.
anyway isn't the gravis the new half termie stuff to begin with. Lexicanum suggests mobility but i can't help you more than that what with the lack of fluff books at the time of writing.

>modernized saturnite terminator armor
YES

>Lol, 30k is like 40k except literally everyone plays marines.
Thats sounds like 40k to me

>Lol, 30k is like 40k except literally everyone plays marines.
fuck you
Also cults and militias is the among the easiest armies to play, just take your guard army and move it into 30k
t. mechanicum/cults and militias players

Overcharged plasma is often a very big subject for theoryhammer and 8E discussion, almost like it's this edition's grav, but am I the only player who looks at plasma on default mode 99% of the time? I will never overcharge it unless it's a super desperate measure and the guys are going to die regardless/if I don't overcharge and win, or if I have them near an HQ that re-rolls, which I don't plan on having 100% of the time because game states can change. The aura provider may die, or have to go somewhere else, etc.

that is some ugly ass armor. It looks like a fucking egg.

not a guard player are you?
I've enjoyed my plasma so far
>couple hours ago, plasma assassin scions dropt turn one
>guy snickers you have to shoot the knights (fw knight featuring dark magos in relic capture mission)
>dumped overcharge into it, no losses and widdled it down 8 damage
feels damn good.
And with orders there is no reason not crank up the power

an egg you say?

It's hard to resist going full plasma, but I like giving my command squads medics.

medics are cool

Marine player. I don't consider MT as "guard" since they're so different, sort of like how most people say "I play GK" and not "I play marines". MT are really fucking strong in 8E. I probably would overcharge more if my guys didn't cost what, 30-40 points after buying the gun?

It's not even that with orders, you chop down to a 1/36 chance of death per model.
and with bs 3+ it's damn solid.
but i can't argue with that.
>13 points for a plasma vet
>16 for storm trooper
and we have medics
and orders it's great

>30-40 points
wait what?
marines get a price hike?
shouldn't it be 20-25 on marinlets or are you rocking hellbasters.

I'm mechanized guard so my elites are filled with steel legion vets. I'd love to take some medics but elite is our most overloaded slots.
But you bring a up a good point
I could run like two vanguard detachments, just shove a commissar, a priest and a tank commander for the minimum size and throw in a storm commander and a command squad

shit i miss understood you.
I do consider them that because i play mechanized and i just shove them in my troop slots.
remains battleforged whatever way you look at it.
also them being their own codex was a bit dumb

Honestly the 2 models that have tempted me into recasters. $60 Aud is too much for 1 dude.