Veeky Forums misconception

You know considering this is Veeky Forums, when you guys said "Crab Clan" I honestly expected some sort of dramatic, epic adventure story starring crabs and not just people with the title "Crab Clan".

A crab based adventure would be pretty cool. Every level they grow in size, get giant crab wizards and barbarians clamping entire battleships.

Level 1 crabs start out defending tidepools from octopi and eels and by level 10 they're thwarting an ancient being's plan to repurpose the planet's biomass into a second Cambrian Explosion.

You reminded me of this, op.

memories of a stonewall

you are welcome

No, you're thinking of Big Motherfucking Crab Truckers.

you called?

>a bunch of people calling themselves the Crab Clan
>no actual crabs at all to speak of

This some kind of Meta Joke about the thread orrrrrr...

This thread needs more crabs.

One of the great clans of rokugan, of the Legend of the Five Rings setting (home to a ccg, a ttrpg, and a shitload of lore). The world is a sort of mishmash of all of medieval southeast asia, and it's surprisingly fantasy for having literal gods drive the plot.
The crab clan is one of Veeky Forums's favorites, because they're sort of the dorfs of the setting: Instead of having a vague and kind of dismissable mission like "Keep rokugani culture alive" or "Keep the gods happy" or "Sit on a mountain and meditate", their job is to sit on a (great) wall and keep literal hell on earth from spilling into the empire. The drawback is they tend to be slightly less couth and refined than the rest of society.

tl;dr medieval doomguy dorfs from SEAsia Mishmash Land who translate "Diplomacy" into "Punches".

"But yeah it doesn't actually star crabs we just like to use the word 'crab' as a title"

Go it

Then I should also warn you it features no scorpions, mantises, lions, unicorns, cranes, dragons (actually there are some actual dragons but they're really rare), phoenixes, sparrows, monkeys, etc. etc.

Also no spiders.

is this relevant?
I painted a smiley on a coconut crab (yes, a real one he was just small enough to still use a shell) I found in the backyard. Could hear him walking across the sidewalk from upstairs. Was able to keep him in his shell with my thumb so I could paint him.
No crab was harmed in the making of this pic, he did stab me with his legs pretty good tho

She it's going to go away after his next molt

I accidentally painted it too low on the claw and when released discovered it was the part of the claw he walks on =( not like he would've held still for a picture after that anyway. They are surprisingly fast when they want to be

How about crab armor?

Have those threads mcfucking died yet?

I like Rokugan. I love Crab Clan. But that shit dragged on way, way, way, way too fucking long

THOU SHALT NOT HAVE A SERIES OF THREADS STRETCHING FOR MORE THAN THREE ITERATIONS, FOR IN THAT PATH LAY CANCER

>Cancer
If there's a westernized L5R, the Order of the Cancer holds vigil over the Wall.

But relax man, it's over now. The tale hath finally ended.

Hida Ishigaki's tale is ended, yes. People in the threads have expressed eagerness to hear the tales of his children, though, so I'm (not) sorry to say that you, Mr. Salty, are probably shit out of luck.

>that path lay cancer
>cancer is latin for crab

are crabs like the poster animal for tg, I see them mentioned more often here than anywhere else.

L5R probably has something to with that.

Also the Cancer meme

Most important though they're filthy invertebrate bottom feeders, just like Veeky Forums

Get on my level

please someone use these in a campaign, I don't care if there monsters or potions just use them

Me too, except I thought L5R was about fantasy japanase animals.

Doot doot

Man the old battletech designs are shit.
MWO ones are so much better.

Do you have a link to the final PDF? Can't seem to find it.