/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Pickelhaube Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=uMZDEuiq8nQ
mediafire.com/file/v0d3q45o3gghnsz/Osprey - MAA 323 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (1) Infantry.pdf
mediafire.com/file/pjyh16onfn4yio9/Osprey - MAA 329 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (2) Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/file/40rn9mox3mrh0b2/Osprey - MAA 416 - German Armies 1870-71 (1) Prussia.pdf
mediafire.com/file/nbpdofvxk17v6md/Osprey - MAA 422 - German Armies 1870-71 (2) Prussia's Allies.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=LwwFPraUNF8
youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA
youtube.com/watch?v=dH8J2nIWtes
wargamevault.com/product/209992/Cartographia-MultiPlayer-Map-Campaigns-in-Chevauchee?term=Cartographia&test_epoch=0
battlemart.com/wwii-28mm-chinese.html
copplestonecastings.co.uk/list.php?cat=2&sub=59&page=1
empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart58.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead

July the 3rd in military history:

324 – Battle of Adrianople: Constantine I defeats Licinius, who flees to Byzantium.
1754 – French and Indian War: George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to French forces.
1775 – American Revolutionary War: George Washington takes command of the Continental Army at Cambridge, Massachusetts.
1863 – American Civil War: The final day of the Battle of Gettysburg culminates with Pickett's Charge.
1866 – Austro-Prussian War is decided at the Battle of Königgrätz, resulting in Prussia taking over as the prominent German nation from Austria.
1898 – A Spanish squadron, led by Pascual Cervera y Topete, is defeated by an American squadron under William T. Sampson in the Battle of Santiago de Cuba.
1913 – Confederate veterans at the Great Reunion of 1913 reenact Pickett's Charge; upon reaching the high-water mark of the Confederacy they are met by the outstretched hands of friendship from Union survivors.
1940 – World War II: To stop ships from falling into German hands the French fleet of the Atlantic based at Mers El Kébir, is bombarded by the British fleet, coming from Gibraltar, causing the loss of three battleships: Dunkerque, Provence and French battleship Bretagne. One thousand two hundred sailors perish.
1944 – World War II: Minsk is liberated from Nazi control by Soviet troops during Operation Bagration.
1967 – The Aden Emergency: The Battle of the Crater in which the British Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders retake the Crater district.
1970 – The Troubles: The "Falls Curfew" begins in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
1979 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter signs the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul.
1988 – United States Navy warship USS Vincennes shoots down Iran Air Flight 655 over the Persian Gulf, killing all 290 people aboard.
2013 – Egyptian coup d'état: President of Egypt Mohamed Morsi is overthrown by the military after four days of protests.

It is 151 years since the Battle of Königgrätz (also known as the Battle of Sadowa, Sadová, or Hradec Králové), the decisive battle of the Austro-Prussian War, in which the Kingdom of Prussia defeated the Austrian Empire. Taking place near Königgrätz (Hradec Králové) and Sadowa (Sadová) in Bohemia, it was an example of battlefield concentration, a convergence of multiple units at the same location to trap and/or destroy an enemy force between them.

Austrian forces on the Bohemian front numbered about 240,000 men, who were equipped with muzzle-loading rifles and relied heavily on the bayonet charge. Their recently appointed commander, General Ludwig August, Ritter von Benedek, had accepted the post with reluctance because of his unfamiliarity with both troops and local terrain. The Prussian forces, totaling some 285,000 men, were deployed mainly in three armies ranging in a 270-mile-long arc, from the border of Saxony to Silesia, under the general command of the chief of the general staff, Helmuth von Moltke, who was to test his new theories and methods in the encounter. The Prussian troops were armed with breech-loading needle guns and for the first time in European warfare fully enjoyed the advantages of railroad transport.

After a series of local successes in the field, Moltke was able to unite the three armies on July 1. Because Prussian reconnaissance was faulty and Benedek was searching for better ground, both forces joined battle on July 3 from unfavourable positions. The Austrians lost about 45,000 men, nearly half that number having been taken prisoner, while the Prussians lost fewer than 10,000. Benedek’s retreat to the southeast and the Prussians’ failure to pursue allowed the Austrians to regroup at Olmütz (Olomouc) in Moravia.

Both armies were again prepared for battle near Vienna when a truce was arranged at Nikolsburg (Mikulov) on July 26. Benedek was held responsible for the defeat and was retired.

Königgrätz provided a great opportunity for Prussian statesmen, by clearing a path toward German unification, in particular with the Little Germany (Germany without Austria) solution, with the subsequent foundation of the North German Confederation. The outcome also ensured that Prussia would have a free hand when the inevitable war with France came to pass in 1871.

The Königgrätzer Marsch was written to commemorate the battle: youtube.com/watch?v=uMZDEuiq8nQ

This is a fascinating 19th-century clash due to its size and modernity. The Prussians were using state-of-the-art weapons, exploiting their rail network, and developing that classic mastery of co-ordination that would make their army so feared in the years to come. Their are also a colourful variety of "chocolate box" troops you can field, and no shortage of research material. This is definitely for those who like their carnage grand and glorious.

mediafire.com/file/v0d3q45o3gghnsz/Osprey - MAA 323 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (1) Infantry.pdf
mediafire.com/file/pjyh16onfn4yio9/Osprey - MAA 329 - The Austrian Army 1836-66 (2) Cavalry.pdf
mediafire.com/file/40rn9mox3mrh0b2/Osprey - MAA 416 - German Armies 1870-71 (1) Prussia.pdf
mediafire.com/file/nbpdofvxk17v6md/Osprey - MAA 422 - German Armies 1870-71 (2) Prussia's Allies.pdf

Bugger me sideways. Finally have sails ready for my Sloop. And then I realise that a needle would be pretty damn useful for attaching them to the lines. And I don't have a needle.

Good thing I've planned a shopping trip for tomorrow (need paint as well)

That's a really nice bote user

That she is. I can't wait to put her to sea/on the table, (under full sails).

Her bigger sister (a brigantine) is currently on the workbench. I just need to figure out a good english name for her.

I appreciate you guys

you put the buddy in buddy spike, user.

There's a PDF on Lulu, but I went for the hardcopy and they don't give you the PDF free. Shame. Sorry!

I may have accidentally set Holland on fire.

even me?

Let's Ride Into the Sunset Together.
youtube.com/watch?v=LwwFPraUNF8

Has anyone played Caesar's Legions, an old Avalon Hill title? Just played through scenario 1 yesterday and thought it was a little mediocre. It was crunchier than other old AH titles, but it didn't seem to add in any depth, just bookkeeping. The first scenario only used a fifth of the map but still needed ~a third of the total unit counters, so things felt cramped. Also, combat within hexes instead of bordering hexes bothers me. I've heard that scenario 3 is great though, with its randomness and hidden encounters. But it wouldn't be very fun to do that one solitaire. I'll try one more scenario before moving on to the Battle of the Bulge (1981).

Briggy McBrigface

especially you

I love the smell of burning tulips in the morning...

youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

The Man Who Fights

Winds picked up and spread the fire to pretty much everything flammable. The Germans are fleeing in terror.

Well, us Dutchies have the perfect solution:

Just flood the place.

does this count as a victory

Yes. The objective was for the German player to get 3+ VPs worth of his KG off the Eastern board edge. They have had trouble doing that due to the wall of flame in front of them, and the Vickers emplaced behind said wall.

Hot diggety, call an ambulance.

ive seen and played a lot of ASL..ive never seen a map that covered with blaze markers.....

15 turn game didn't help.

Went to a nearby FLGS while travelling to England. Unfortunately I had run out of money on /v/ and /toy/ related matters. God fucking damnit.

I've gotta figure out a way to buy miniatures back home.

What rules would you guys recommend for WSS or SYW?

Maurice or Might and Reason are probably good bets.
Sam Mustafa is a genius.

As we'll have a game on Saturday, I started working on my Taliban, and holy fuck, FoF and Ambush Alley missions need a lot more than I have.

Post your Talibans pls, I'm depressed.

I gave up and instead decided to fight Chechens.

Crap Russian troops vs irregulars of occasional competence makes for way better games than First World Military versus assorted under-equipped and trained brown people.

I've been getting into Spectre Miniatures'

>Crap Russian troops vs irregulars of occasional competence makes for way better games than First World Military versus assorted under-equipped and trained brown people.

The funny thing about that is that we've been playing some Skirmish Sangin recently, and the "assorted under-equipped and trained brown people" have absolutely kicked the ass of every First World Military they've gotten near.

Mostly as a result of positively ridiculous dice luck, but the brown people have like ~11 wins to the USA's 0 (of 3 games), the Aussie's 0 (of 4), the UKs 0 (of 2) and the French's 1 (of 2 or 3 games). Get an RPK even remotely in LOS of a white person at any range, and the dice can't roll anything over a 10 to spot or hit, and it's always 30+ damage.

Does anyone know any cool WWII Italian infantry models? Im not too sold on Warlord's infantry though their vehicles look great.

Perry have some metals.

Anyone have experience with old glory 15's Napoleonics? They don't have any pictures on their site, nor any description of the materials they're made of, so I'm holding off on purchasing any.

How much are the Coalition using their 40mm grenade launchers? And by the same thought, how much mayhem are the RPGs causing?

hmm Bolt action range?

Dumping some pics of some picts

And one for the ladies

>The funny thing about that is that we've been playing some Skirmish Sangin recently, and the "assorted under-equipped and trained brown people" have absolutely kicked the ass of every First World Military they've gotten near.

While the occasional outlier is to be expected, whenever a rules sets consistently produces a-historical results there are usually one of three factors at work: Shitty rules, shitty players, or both.

Look at your tactics first. Are the 1st World players "playing to their strengths"? Look at the rules next. Do the rules reward actual and/or logical tactics or do they reward WH40K style play? Are you using and/or understanding the rules correctly?

In a fairly recent thread about another wargame, I was shocked when an user wrote that his group took 2-3 DAYS to play a hex&chit scenario it me and my friends 2-3 HOURS to play. After a few Q&A posts, it became clear that the group taking days to play didn't understand the game's basic rules or the scenario's special rules.

Look at ht rules and look at your tactics. You can't blame the dice for everything.

>a-historical results
Wouldn't be that a-historical for Vietnam or Afghanistan.

A machine gun or sniper in a good ambush position is always going to be a headache even for the most modern militaries. Especially if that gunner can just leave the area before artillery or air strikes are called in.

Local knowledge and support can be incredibly powerful

Maurice, or Charge/The War Game/some random Featherstone stuff.

Currently messing around with Twilight of the Sun King, although it's aimed a bit earlier.

>driver
>whatthefuckamidoing.jpg

cool lil truck.

>whatthetruckkamidoing.jpg
FTFY

Spectre stuff is truly top-notch but seems perpetually out-of-stock

touche user, touche

sheeeiittt that does look good. Send them an email and ask whats up. I know some companies do the whole "out of stock but we can make to order"

They're a small company who produce top-notch products that are very popular. Being out of stock is a sign they won't be failing any time soon :)

(Seconded on the email though, I asked about TFO Snipers and they were back in stock soon after)

youtube.com/watch?v=dH8J2nIWtes

/hwg/; thoughts on Wings of Glory?

So I don't know if you guys caught this on release, but I put together a quick system for using hex maps for Chevauchee campaigns and stuck it up on WargameVault for cheap.

Check it out if you want! wargamevault.com/product/209992/Cartographia-MultiPlayer-Map-Campaigns-in-Chevauchee?term=Cartographia&test_epoch=0

Its a fun air combat game. Easy to learn and play. Somewhat limited to small numbers, but people can and do make do with larger amounts of aircraft.

Quite a popular game too. Easy for kids to play and everyone can get involved. Suits 3 or 4 people, each flying 1 plane.

Fun and fast, perfect for a weekday evening's gaming and to scratch that itch.

And while possible to play with only 2 people (or solitaire, if you have a larger plane as target), the more people there is, the merrier it is (at least until 8 or so, then you might need someone in charge of turn counting)

Finally finished some reiver ww2 chinese, they are a lot nicer than theel awful pictures they use to advertise them.

They look like they are in great pain.

I'd have made a headswap I think. Where's the building from in the background?

Wow those miniatures are horrible. The terrain is 9/10 though.

Whipping up some examples for this Missile Threat game. Modern air combat is not easy to get a balance of simplicity and accuracy, but hopefully images and lots of examples will help...

The building is a cubic fun 3d model, about 5 or 6 dollars on eBay. I would not say the figures are the worst I have painted but 28mm Chinese figs are pretty rare, and they are pretty cheap.

The Dutch seem to have had some good leaders there.

There's a comment in the designer notes for the original Squad Leader which talks about how much players loved setting things on fire in the game, and how they consequently developed some detailed rules for burning stuff.

I saw that diorama on the Perry's Facebook page, but they had such awful photographs of it. The retreat from Moscow has always been really popular as a modelling subject: I think because you can mix together a whole bunch of troopers from different regiments with really contrasting uniforms; and of course because of all the inherent drama in the scenario. I always think of that great moment in The Duellists when Feraud and d'Hubert take on the Cossacks.

Anyone got the Swordpoint rules? tried to find it in the resource folders but it doesn't seem to be there

>that's one way to avoid orders mistakes
>personally walk your brigade in to where you want it to go

Unfortunately we don't user, I've seen it requested a few times.

Armistead leading the way with his hat on his sword makes for a great mini.

>I would not say the figures are the worst I have painted but 28mm Chinese figs are pretty rare, and they are pretty cheap.

As someone who bought Code of Bushido and all the ASL modules needed to play it (at ridiculous ebay prices before the MMP reprints) just to play the Sino-Japanese War scenarios, this is relevant to my interests.

>just to play the Sino-Japanese War scenarios, this is relevant to my interests.
Pic related might also be relevant to your interests. I don't know if there is an English translation though...

As far as I know only 3 manufacturers make 28mm ww2 Chinese, brigade, eureka (4 figures in total) & reiver in descending quality, I've included a photo of the ones I have in that order.

There is this field gun and Maxim team:
battlemart.com/wwii-28mm-chinese.html
And there is a great range of warlord chinese which would likely work from Copplestone Castings:
copplestonecastings.co.uk/list.php?cat=2&sub=59&page=1

Empress also do a few random civilians although they look more like 1890s than 1930s:
empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart58.htm

I have a warlord copplestone army as well, but I don't really see them as that appropriate for kmt/ww2 troops due to the star on the caps and that the peaked caps had pretty much disappeared by 1937.

ayy lmaooooooooooooooo

Hot.

mercenary campaign supplement with price list pretty please? no, I don't expect one, that's a ridiculous amount of effort and no-one's managed to pull off a good one to my knowledge, just make a good game

>Look at your tactics first. Are the 1st World players "playing to their strengths"? Look at the rules next. Do the rules reward actual and/or logical tactics or do they reward WH40K style play? Are you using and/or understanding the rules correctly?

As far as we can tell, yes, actual, and yes. The real issue is that we're playing in small (squad-sized) games where Coalition forces don't automatically get air/mortar/artillery support.

In Skirmish Sangin, to fire at a target, it has to be "spotted", which is a roll. LOS isn't necessary for a spotting roll, but it helps. The way to deal with an entrenched LMG or GPMG is to spot it from outside LOS, and rain down 40mm grenades, or to throw smoke grenades to obscure its own ability to spot and fire.

When the Coalition tries to spot the LMG, they fail about 2/3rds of the time. When they try to fire M203s at it, they miss. Note that they're generally needing to roll lower than a 50-80 to spot the LMG (70-automatic after it's been fired), and they're hitting with the M203s on a roll lower than between 30-60. There's been a single 40mm hit on-target of which I'm aware (during the aforementioned French victory).

When the Coalition tries to pop smoke to obscure the LMG, it's usually been on target (you have to throw a smoke grenade, so you have to be a little closer, which requires cooperative terrain). This takes the LMGs spot chance down around to 20% or less, and the hit chance to something close to the same. The Taliban LMG keeps hitting anyway. Thrown HE grenades have all missed, and aren't very common b/c they're quite point-costly.

The really fun part is that it doesn't much matter *who* is controlling the OPFOR. It's not one guy with hot dice. Everyone's played the underequipped brown people, and everyone has been kicking ass with them. It absolutely is unsustainable dice luck, just with a hilarious result.

The game will have a points system for aircraft, pilots and ordnance, which could probably be used for a mercenary campaign.
I plan to make it playable solo and support a campaign too.

Radar and Detection is going to be the hardest part to get right - It will likely be easier in the solo game as I can have things randomly appear out of nowhere.

Also I don't know if I've posted this potential cover here yet

I always seem to break 60 bong bucks for free international shipping when I order with them so I've done a few orders to get everything I want.

You could probably shave the stars off.

their website is being hammered really hard right now so I can't even really look at all of what they have, but it looks legit even though it's at proud bong prices.

Basically, I wish resin vehicles were cheaper.

Damn it. I'll probably just buy the rules then. Will try to scan if people want

Any idea on the source for those HMMWVs? I could use some like that.

>It absolutely is unsustainable dice luck,

Unsustainable dice luck is by definition UNSUSTAINABLE. Lucky dice will revert to the norm.

If you games continually have 1st World/Coalition forces beaten by "under-equipped brown people" either the game's rules suck, your play/tactics suck, or - most likely - both. And by beaten I mean flat out ass kickings rather than "win by meeting scenario victory conditions".

Muddies springing an ambush for a round or two only to fade back into the populace is one thing. Straight up fire fights, patrol sweeps, and attacks on fire bases is something else entirely.

I'll have to look over these Skirmish Sangin rules, but I suspect your "results" have more to do with simplistic victory conditions created by simplistic rules more than anything else.

>posting in /hwg/
>not knowing about skirmish sangin and the autism therein

Lee retreated from Gettysburg

>>not knowing about skirmish sangin and the autism therein

There are tens of thousand of wargames. Not knowing the specific details of a relatively new set of minis rules is no great issue.

I'm mostly just fucking with you, but sangin is fairly well known. It's one of the big two rulesets in moderns wargaming (the other being force on force).

>but sangin is fairly well known

While it's fairly well known, that doesn't mean it's widely played. I know of it, yet have never read it, played it, or seen it played. I can say the same about dozens of other rules sets.

It's just new. "New" means "better" to some people.

>"New" means "better" to some people.
some people = industry shills

Does anyone play DBA 3.0? I got the full rules from "Sue Laflin-Barker's Introduction to Ancient Wargaming using DBA 3.0 " but it doesn't have the full army lists

I'm glad War of the Suns made it over here - I have that one (still shrinkwrapped unfortunately).

Thanks for the reference.
I'll take what I can get. I prefer 15mm but the selection seems to be truly terrible.

I guess the brats are burned today.

Does anyone happen to have a scan of the SAGA Aetius and Arthur expansion?

Spectre Minis

In the Afghanistan book there is an example of play - I think this is in the OP mediafires.

I'll post the example here, as its pretty short.

Its the kind of game where getting dust in your eyes will fuck everything, and a stray grenade will kill your buddy.

2/2

Reads more like a RPG than a wargame.

Which side actually wins the engagement? It mentions the paratroopers getting 50 points for removing their dead off the board.

Adbul won his battle against the dust in his eyes, that's all that matters