Why would someone want to destroy the world?

Why would someone want to destroy the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1XNvx1GNU
qntm.org/destro
youtube.com/watch?v=XYdNg5C3MDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gotta make room for that galactic highway.

Because they can.

Because they're a retard.

Man, fuck that world. Acting all smug and shit.

Why wouldn't they?

>Bored
>Hates life and wants it to end for everyone
>Making room for a new world
>Making room for that galactic highway
>Selling the insides of the planet to ayy lmaos

plenty of worlds out there

For the lulz

If you're the Emperor of a huge Galactic Empire, why would you give a fuck about some tiny planet on an irrelevant solar system?

They are not a rational actor.

They thought they could re-assemble a better one

Why have two small worlds when you could have one big world?

Stripmining

My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do. I just fuckin' hate this world and the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.

School shooter getting the high score.

humanity has given me only pain misery and fear

Raid hell.

Fpbp

Parasitic wasps live there, fuck those things.

Its the wrong world.

user, i'm impressed.

"To hold in my hand a capsule that contains such power, to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice... To know that the tiny pressure of my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything... Yes, I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods! AND THROUGH THE DALEKS, I SHALL HAVE THAT POWER!"

To end suffering.
Like how vegans and environmentalist say the world would be better of without us.
They're retarded of course.
But it still follows a logic and reasoning.

You will probably hate this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1XNvx1GNU

Nihilism is a dangerous and contagious disease. When you care for nothing, you're capable of doing anything.

To test my skills...

Construction material. Assuming no ftl and we don't destroy ourselves, this planet only has several thousand years left. Maybe 10x that if we're sentimental about it.

We need to build a Dyson Sphere.

Sidney pls

>destroy the world to become a lich
>do you really want to do this: y/y?

>Someone who doesn't live on Earth who could profit from its destruction.
>Cosmic force who's nature is destroying things.
>Nihilist who just wants to destroy everything around him, even if it costs him his own life.

/thread

the only non-edgy answers

To remember it as happy and wonderful before it goes to shit

Because it obstructs his view of Venus.

I'm conquering the planet! Destroying IS Conquering. It's true, I looked it up!

OK, time to fuck off to space. Thanks, guys, I owe ya one!

It's not his world

kek

I can think of a bunch of reasons, but in a fantasy setting, religion is an easy one. A god can have a perfectly sane reason to tear down a world, and a god will usually have followers to help out.

Because it's the only act that will only act that will serve any purpose.

It's the law

Emotional instability.

Why would anyone nuke 2 cities?

Sometimes I wish the world would die so we can start over from scratch. If the bad guy is really pessimistic of humans and they believe that clearing the old to start a new I can see why'd he'd do that.

to get a state that refuses to surrender to do so quickly without having to launch a costly and probably even bloodier land invasion
What does that have to do with planets?

You just need to think on a bigger scale.

So to make a (possibly human) empire encompassing all of the Solar System, or at the very least the Inner System, surrender you nuke all of the Earth instead of fighting centimeter by bloody centimeter on every asteroid, every moon, every planet?

Makes sense.

Destroy the world so that you don't have to send in a planet's worth of troops to make peace?

Makes perfect sense.

Shits and giggles.

Why do people try killing other people when they commit suicide?

Thing there is a nihilistic person is likely to not care enough about the world to end it. For a feat that grandiose you need a lot of motivation.

Only good answer as far as I'm concerned.

Suicide with delusions of grandeur.

>without having to launch a costly and probably even bloodier land invasion
But you asked Soviets to destroy 700k strong Japanese army on the continent. And they did before US nuked Japan anyways.

I literally finished that game 10 hours ago. What a weird coincidence.

WHAT WILL BE WAS WHAT WAS WILL BE

To get to the creamy center.

Because there is no more noble a goal.

qntm.org/destro

That was not the Japanese army fighting on Japanese homeland, which they viewed as being holy ground in addition to having major advantages in terrain and preparation for an assault.

The invasion of Japan would have almost certainly cost the US over 1M American lives and millions more Japanese lives, especially civilians. The bombs were honestly the lesser of two evils.

it's a hyperspace bypass. go read some vogon poetry.

Power fantasy.
/thread

To be honest if I got superpowers I'd just want to see if I could.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYdNg5C3MDE

Because they through logic and reason decided that the only meaningful course of action is omnicide. It's not terrible farfetched either.

maybe they have a big insurance policy and are looking to collect

Well, there might be a shortcut. An easy way to do it that everyone's overlooked, because few people really think about destroying the world in a serious way. In that case, a very bored, nihilistic, and intelligent person might do it just to see what it's like.

To make pic related

Too high level, need to "fight" and kill at least a few billions creature to get meaningful Xp.

There might be things or persons that you might care on this world. You must destroy any traces of it before the DM uses it to hook you into one of his plots (Tchoo-tchoo, all aboard the railroad ! ) so as to keep your player agency and your liberty of freedom.

for a prank