/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Humans get cucked edition

Previous thread: >FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Deader than Aun'va.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ethnicities lol

>tau men both times
>those genestealer numbers
gave me a chuckle

just started my imperial guard army, what am i in for?

Alright you buttblasted faggots. Who do you think is looking topnotch in 8th now that we have all had at least a few games?

Conscripts, conscripts everywhere

Super Church Friends till the FAQ.

A soul crushing edition of batch painting conscripts

i enjoy the painting, belive it or not

aye, human wave attacks all around

Seeing as people seem to have problems with how shite artillery is in this edition, but many also don't want to go back to templates of rape I think I've come up with a compromise.

How about an artillery weapon does 1 hit per model in a unit (To a cap suitable to the caliber of gun, eg. 5 for mortars, 10 for basilisk 20 for some super heavy artillery gun.) Then, you roll to hit on each of those at a BS that is worse than the standard for the faction (This represents the fact that artillery isn't the most accurate thing in the world, especially indirect fire).

This way, artillery guns aren't masters of rape against single targets (Which makes no sense) but are also not crap at killing hordes, which is pretty much their purpose.

Glory

user from the last thread. Drop battlewagon for a trukk then get lootas?

Orks 1500pts
-Biker boss 111
Klaw
-Weirdboy 62
-Big mek 100
Sag

-15 sluggas 99
big choppa
-17 shootas 121
Big shoota, kustom shoota, big choppa
-10 gretchin 30

-6 tank bustas 127
Just rokkits
-3 meganobz 162
-10 kommandos 115
Two burnas, klaw

-Dakka jet 148
6 supa shootas
-4 war bikers 117
Big choppa

-2 mek gunz + grotz 96
Two Kustom mega kannonz
-Battle wagon 212p
Killikannon, four big shootas

Tau.
You're not taking out a unit of suits, especially with drones, and then they fall back and still shoot you and if you live there goes another round of overwatch.

Does anyone know -roughly- how many Points (not power) the Dark Imperium box set Primaris add up to?

Any faction that can spam a cheap model that puts out a lot of low quality dakka or chopping.

IG Conscripts
Chaos Brimstones
Dark Eldar Razorwing Flocks
Ork Boyz
Tyranid Conscripts
etc, etc.

But the question is would you enjoy painting 200+ conscripts?

So what are the chances that a codex will make gsc a playable standalone army?

Tau suck, my nigga. Name one thing they do that another army can't do better.

I seems harsh if you're forced to go vs single targets.

Maybe roll an extra d6/d3 for every ten models then pick the highest?

Roughly between 100-1000 points.

Turn 1 tarpit with drones while skipping overwatch
Turn 1 precise deep strike into melta range
Turn 1 flamer spam deep strike.

yeah, i would rope a mate in to help me with that.
is 200 a normal game size then?

>Tyranid Conscripts

What about the Super Church friends?

All this conscription, theyre good for screening and nothing else, guardsman infantry make for better screening and firepower.

Small Blasts = max 5 attacks
Large Blasts = max 10 attacks
10" = max of 15 attacks

To Hits = -1 BS (if weapon doesn't need LOS)

Ignores cover from % obscurity

How'd it pan out?
>Heavy Mortar Teams end up *slightly* worse as they have 1.66 hits vs. 1.75 hits

What is that?

Savior protocols.

Tyranids can spam both termagants and conscripts.

But which??

>Gants cost more and both are more fragile and worse at killing things

Gee I wonder

Conscripts are cheaper. They make for an excellent screening unit protecting your nidzilla gunline.

>Tau'nar has BATTLESUIT keyword
>Drones can protect BATTLESUITS
>Drones can sacrifice themselves to protect the Tau'nar

Termagants. Devourer bombs have the highest kill count at my lgs. Even above the Baneblades.

I'm working on a homebrew to implement "alternating activations" in 40k, since 8e is now "igougo, except in the fight phase". Still working on tweaking/streamlining it. Looking for ideas/feedback either way.

"Move" is more for reckless charges/repositioning. I'm thinking of making the 3" move "only for melee attacks", with being able to fire pistols/assault weapons at a unit you're engaged in melee with (so Breachers/Psychodakkablastas/etc).

Alternately, I might just streamline it so you choose a "move stance" (advance, optionally reckless or cautious), with the option to make an attack action anytime during your move (only one ranged attack action per turn though).

Thoughts one way or another?

Basically, Ministorum, Sororitas, Inquisition, SoS, and Psykers, maybe Scion if you count Schola for fluff reason.

T3 armies that are not Admech or IG.

Sisters of battle were great, but got hit hard with the new FAQ arbitrarily nerfing them (seriously, d3 on handflamers why?)

I think you can do a good army with them, but it won't be top tier.

How are the drones protecting it if it's not a BATTLESUITS unit?

Termagants aren't worse at killing things when equipped with devourers, in fact they're better. But it doubles the model cost.

Basically if points conscripts, if power termagants because free devourers.

Page 242 – Understrength Units
Change the second paragraph to read:
‘If you are using Power Ratings, you must still pay the
Power Rating cost as if you had a minimum-sized unit,
even though it contains fewer models. If you are using
points, you only pay the points for the models you
actually have in an understrength unit (and any wargear
they are equipped with). An understrength unit still
takes up the appropriate slot in a Detachment.’

So, can I legally take a Big Mek w/Grot Oiler (And only bring the oiler), a Big Mek in Mega Armour w/Grot Oiler (And only bring the oiler) and a Big Mek on Bike w/Grot Oiler (And only bring the oiler) for 3 Ork HQ's for 4 points each? The Oilers aren't wargear, they are additional models in the unit with profiles and everything.

I've got to say, I have a stake in this as I fucking hate the increased randomness of shots that 8th has brought. It's like they listened to all the Ork players complaining about how random their weapons were and went "So.....you think EVERYONE should have this?"

I would prefer flat numbers of shots against specific targets, maybe have it as number of wounds in a unit to show that bigger targets are easier to hit with arty but that doesn't work when Random Mcfucknuts the Space Marine Captain can have several wounds despite being physiologically identical to a random space marine.

What are the best sources nowadays to order recasts?

Reddit seems to be pretty crappy for trying to get information on it.

Or how hard it is to make AoF work now that Vehicles can't get them even though the rulebook allow it.

/r/yoyhammer/ ?

No. Stop being retarded, and read the paragraph before it.

1. You can only take one understrength unit.
2. Even if you could somehow take more than one understrength unit, it would still be impossible to do so, because you have to include all models you have available in each unit. Which is impossible with 2 units. Every model in unit 2 is required to be in 1, and vice versa.

Nobody fucking knows
Just play fucking whatever its goddamn eighth edition motherfucker

>memewing player
Use your noggin, blue assholes are still deleting entire units a turn.

It's a BATTLESUIT so they can shield and, for the dx-4's, repair it.

Fucking this
Fire warriors with ethereal and fireblade support fucking op

Bitch I did read it.

"if this is the case, you can still include one unit of that type in your army with as many models as you have available"

OF

THAT

TYPE

You can have as many understrength units as you want, but only one of each type, you dumb nigger.

950~, not too bad overall

>If you are using points, you only pay the points for the models you MUST STILL PAY THE POINTS COST AS IF YOU HAD A MINIMUM-SIZED UNIT

1/8

Enjoy those superpriced Oilers.

The new 1850 (2000) beside forcing me to take a fat cow, just took a single squad with their Immolator.

The game hardly change for me. It still plays basically the same for my army and play style.

Hey dipshit, there was errata. Are you so fucking retarded that you can't read?

Sometimes I worry about the human race.

Can't decide if I want my dudes to be Imperial Fists or Iron Hands successors

What should I do Veeky Forums? Sway me one way or the other

Iron Hands for the simple fact that no-one else does them and Imperial Fists are colossal faggots who are a bitch to paint.

But the rule literally says you're only allowed to do that when "you may find that you do not have enough models to field a minimum-sized unit"

If a know that a person does have a full unit of something, but fields it under-strength to gain some kind of advantage, I will call him out on it.

I'd play this guy, grot bosses are too funny a concept to pass up.

>can't decide if I want massive diarrhea as a result of eating 3 chiptotle burritos or an entire pizza hut pizza

>Calls out page in big rule book in OP.
>doesn't mention FAQ or Errata in OP.
>Gets called out, that isn't what is actually printed.
>But there was an ERRATA.

Hey, you got me, I didn't see the errata. So you're correct an can get HQ slots for 4pts with Orks.

Good job. You got me.

Well technically he still doesn't have the models to field the proper amount of models in multiple units

I know it is a That Guy thing to do, but expect some retardation in tournaments if the organizer are retarded like GW.

Unless you're stalking them, how can you prove they own the models? All they have to do is temporarily sell them to his cousin Carlos and say "Carlos won't let me borrow them." and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it, you waacfag.

Ok, so what army currently is the top tier with the indexes? I hear Tyranids and Orks are now quite good, haven't heard anything on Eldar and I know Chaos is shafted again being a R&H player.

Imperial Fists have pretty nice fluff and all, but it is hard to take them serious when they walk around looking like bananas.

The FAQs and Errata are in the OP and are common knowledge you dumb cunt.

>(seriously, d3 on handflamers why?)
BA hand flamers were always D3. It was a typo. Try Inferno pistols. And the FAQ buffed Sisters in a number of ways.

What buffs?

>Calling people out on abusing a rule is being a WAACfag

Do you live in Australia or something ?

That was clearly unintended rules lawyering. Buy some fucking HB Rets.

Chimeric Sucessor with both Iron Hands and Imperial Fists gene-seed

>The Imperial Hands
Or
>The Iron Fists

Do the drones effect BATTLESUIT units as well as BATTLESUITS units?

You know those aren't the same keyword.

You can always darken em up with a worn yellow that's bit dirtier from battle

so... games workshop ruined the nice online list builder... wtf do I do now? Battlescribe is absolute ass

But the real question is which units benefit from Old One Eye's aura.

Keywords are pluralised all the time, especially the CHARACTER keyword.

Microsoft Word, a Calculator, and a few brain cells

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!#/rosterCreator

If I could!

Also I could be lazy and run 3 Exorcist with a Cow next to them for re-rolls like

>Using the absolute dogshit made by Forge World.

WAACfaggotry is pretending to sell models to your cousin so you can field an understrength unit.

Anyway this is the fucking wu tang shit all over again. I know we're all neckbeards here but nobody is actually a big enough autist to do these things in real life.

Battlescribe is fine.

well wow, that sounds good and intuitive thanks games workshop

Recast them then you dumb nigger.

GW still hasn't done anything to my pen and paper notebook.

>Can't make a list without a builder
You need to be 18 to post here.

>brain cells
So /40kg/ is fucked?

That's because they're different keywords. Pretending otherwise is cheating.

Oh You!

>Sounds like a butthurt Gue'la that knows their Titans are inferior to the new kids on the block.

Strap a deff rolla on that battlewagon

>put keywords
>not use them for model interactions

I actually thought it was intentional, since Imagifier are rather pointless unless you have 4+ squad of shooty long range SoB.

Can you spot my gigantic retarded assembly mistake I didn't spot till AFTER painting it? How's your builds lads?

Death Guard termies when ?

What are some faction introducing comics I can show my friend who I want to get into the 40k universe?

>I-If I pretend he's joking maybe I won't have to deal with what he's saying!
Typical Tau player, sneaks in extra rules then plays dumb when caught.

Yet.

>not using Excel and its based AutoSum function

Deff Skwadron

Missing two HQ's are a Big Mek in Mega Armour with Grot Oiler (Understrength, only Grot Oiler) and a Big Mek on Bike with Grot Oiler (Understrength, only Grot Oiler) because rules abuse is fun.

>tournament lists must be written and submitted on official Citadel Paper to ensure a consistent quality

Storm Bolters are 2 points. All Sister Superiors can now take both a combi-weqpon and a power weapon at the same time. Plus two obvious typo corrections that might be called buffs (Ret leadership and the Twin MM's special rules).