Kamigakari Thread

Monday morning kamigakari!

Is there anything about the system that particularly confuses you? anything that needs explained better? Some terminology you just can't figure out?

Well, ask away, and i'll see how best to answer. Kamigakari user is currently working on the updated PDF as well, so any questions asked might indirectly help him out.

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doIq7Hb9mit0xPSwomZJuaIXjxn77Xi1qODalrZhQak/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gonna post some of the stuff that was in the first thread that image dumped.

Feel free to image dump yourselves as well. More images never hurts.

Try to keep it somewhat generic though.

On another note, what happened to Hoi? They said they had a bunch of homebrewed up mononoke to post about two threads ago, then just vanished.

I don't expect anyone to actually know, i just find it odd.

well, either way. If any of you have made a homebrew mononoke you find particularly interesting, or tested some kind of ability unique to yours feel free to pipe up. I wanna see what kinda interesting monsters you guys make.

Also, if there are suggestions for changes people would like me to make to the homebrew mononoke guide or quick rules sheet, i'll see about adding that as well.

Just gotta say whats needed.

Do Aramitamized Mononoke grant 50 EXP plus the Mononoke's level? My group had to do EXP last night and we couldn't decide if the bonuses stacked or you just took the highest one.

I'm gonna say no on this. If the two stacked, you would get a LOT of experience. I would say the are separate there for a reason.

Also, you didn't give them a shard for each aramitama did you? because they'll be level 5 or so if you did.

Then again, aramitama are just a template on top of mononoke, so they could. Frankly, i'd wait for kamigakari user on this one. Its too easy to interpret either way.

Aramitama definitely grant 50 EXP per Aramitama. Whether you get a Kushimitama per Aramitama is more up for debate, since that one says 'Boss Aramitama only', but the EXP rules have no such clarifications.

And yeah, it was kinda vague whether they stacked or not. My gut feeling was just 50 EXP (which has the bonus that if it's wrong it can be added onto later instead of taken away), but I have no idea if that's correct.

Aramitama only drop their shards if they are a boss. Thats what turns into the kushimitama.

There are no other instances in the book, even in the prepped sessions, of players getting shards from anything short of a boss aramitama.

Why it says something about gaining EXP from mononoke shards is beyond me.

>Final Battle
>The [Final Battle] depicts a fierce battle with the [Boss], with whom the PCs have exposed as the mastermind. In the [Final Battle], no one performs an [Appearance Check], and all PCs automatically [Appear]. If the [Boss] is an Aramitama, all PCs each get a [Shard], and after acquiring XP, the [Shard] changes into a [Kushimitama]. Once the [Final Battle] is over with, the episode proceeds to the [Episode End].

You are more than welcome to give them more, but with the XP curve as given, they may gain several levels at a time, so balancing may become difficult very quickly.

No, Aramitama always drop shards, what are you smoking son

>In Kamigakari, the greatest enemies are the false gods known as . In other
countries, they are called “Deus” or “Fallen Divines.” However, all of these are merely labels
assigned by humans, and are better known by their , which they profane.

>These Awakened are created when a soul is formed within a considerably large Shard, and
continually absorbs hatred and malice. They exist only as a Shard, and so Aramitama do not
have bodies of their own. For that reason, they commonly take on a temporary form created
with spirit energy (they control the appearance of this form freely, so the GM can decide on any
kind of appearance).

Straight from the book, page 16. All Aramitama drop shards, and by necessity they're 50 EXP worth.

You are reading fluff you dope. None of that is actually mechanical. You are also confusing everyone HAVING a shard, and everyone GETTING a shard for killing those things. Most shards dissipate on death.

Either way, i figured out how it works, more or less. In terms of the aramitama, you get one shard if its the boss. thats 50 EXP.

Then, for every other monster, regular mononoke or aramitamized mononoke, you gain their added levels in EXP. Right after the clean up section, a page below the XP stuff is an example of how EXP works, and it only mentions getting one shard, despite having fought a maximum of 7-8 mononoke.

Source on shards dissipating? That's not in the book as far as I can see - nor is it consistent with how much tougher Aramitamized monsters are, either.

Frankly, i don't have a source. But how much EXP would your party have gained, and what level are they, if they had gained 50 EXP per aramitama

The same as they would have normally because they just faced one aramitamized (boss) Mononoke. It doesn't change a thing here, I'm just trying to see if there's any reason to believe that's correct because it changes EXP gains a lot. So far I'm not seeing it besides 'but it'd be too much!'...which isn't an issue cause it'd take like three years to reach max level if only Boss Aramitama granted 50 EXP per kill.

The absolute minimum number of sessions it would take to hit level 20 is 200, at approximately 4 years assuming weekly sessions and only getting experience from handout goals and bonds 50 from the handout goal and assuming 4-5 bonds per session, which is the average . With everything else added, you can easily parse this down to around a year and a half. Even less depending on how lenient you are with the GM XP.

Even just having more than around 5 mononoke to fight per session can drastically decrease the amount of time needed to reach max level.

That said, this is not a path you want to head down quickly. There are NO mononoke above level 15. There is almost no ANYTHING for above level 15. Taking it slower is in your best interest as the GM.

Either way, i say wait for kamigakari user. We are more or less at an impasse, because there's no clear rules either way on it. The only examples i can even find of it are for boss mononoke, but you pulled up that stuff at page 16, so who knows.

Hello! Can someone summarize what I'm answering?

As far as I can tell, it's a question about whether you get the Aramitama's 50 XP + the base Mononoke's XP, and whether you get multiple Kushimitama if there are multiple Aramitama.

To start with, I fucked up the translation on the Hisashiro Anti-Demon Record example on page 280 which clarifies the problem as to Aramitama XP (I must've been tired). In the Japanese it clearly says "the defeated monsters, AND the Aramitama" give 7 XP. Since there's a grand total of three enemies mentioned, two of them being groups of Larva Huntsman x4s worth 3XP each, and then the boss Aramitama is mentioned as being "weakened" it must be LV1, giving us our 7 XP.

Which is to say, you get both the base Mononoke XP + the 50 for defeating an Aramitama.

As for Kushimitama, the rule on page 277 states that you only get a Kushimitama if the Boss is an Aramitama. However I think the question then is more, can there be Aramitama who are not bosses?

There isn't a single rule that says this, mind you. I looked in the FAQ and the book and I don't think this really is explicitly said. However it's my feeling that there is never a case where an Aramitama is NOT a Boss. I think this way because it seems strange to me that an Aramitama would ever be "a weakling." These things are the big bads of the setting, meeting one is supposed to be a big deal, and each of them has the capacity to grow into something that literally ends the world. They're not meant to be non-Boss enemies. And, on top of that, theoretically there's only supposed to be one Boss per episode. So in summation, PCs should only be getting one Kushimitama per episode, maximum.

That said, do as you will. I personally don't use XP at all in my games and just have the PCs level up after each episode.

Did I miss anything? Let me know!

As someone trying to run a game, I have been considering a tournament arc surrounding the acquisition of a godforged regalia as a reason to make a bunch of other God Hunters for them to fight. Does that sound like a good idea for a bit of a break in plot and to mess around with the classes? Also, does anyone happen to have characters they have made before that they would like to share?

I think the argument was more "Does every aramitama give 50XP".

The issue comes from how its worded, in that every aramitama has a shard, and defeating them would generally grant you that shard.

My stance was that this should only be for the boss aramitama, as that would be to much experience to give out for every one, and his was that by RAW every aramitama gives 50XP.

That said all of this is pretty interesting.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but only legacy users can even wield god forged regalia, and only up to a certain limit, as in 1 per legacy user style the person has.

So unless one of your players is a legacy user that somehow lost their weapon, this isn't a good prize. Its an interesting though, but the rules work counteractive to it.

I think it falls under what I said for Kushimitama, then. You're really only supposed to have one boss Aramitama show up per episode, basically.

Mind there's still no RULES that say that explicitly, but it's what I feel is right.

Ah, good to know, although it could also provide incentive for one of the other PCs to multi-classing towards legacy user. Any suggestions on a better prize, then? Also been considering having the mononoke that are intelligent have their own arrangement of things like courts and castes, so perhaps some form of rank and political favor within the spirit realm? Or access to treasure normally hidden away by a powerful mononoke?

The issue comes more from the fact that Boss and Aramitama are separate things that can stack on top of eachother.

Its more for if an aramitama isn't a boss.

Well, one thing you could do is have there be a cash money prize in fools gold, and have it be a way of finding strong enough people to perform some task.

Another way would be a weapon or protector that comes Pre-upgraded to a certain point. You'd need to understand the gold curve pretty well though. You want it to be slightly better than what they have, obviously, but not too far out there that it's OP for a while. My way of doing this would be to have it be a non-descript "Sacred weapon" that you give to the winner, and just have a bunch ready for whoever wins.

This. Nothing says 'Aramitama enemies must also be Bosses' that I see - which suggests that it's a template you can use on nonboss enemies, particularly as you increase in level and the stakes get higher and higher. Kushimitama might only drop from bosses, but Aramitama are not necessarily bosses...and they grant 50 EXP per kill. So if it's meant to be bosses it should SAY 'defeated a [Boss] Aramitama' or whatever. Maybe the JP FAQ says something about this?

The boss template can be used on mononoke and godhunters as well.

Page 297 of the PDF
>In this game, according to the episode, Mononoke, Godhunters, or Aramitama can all become bosses. If the GM has a gimmick in mind to increase the enjoyment of the players, then it's fine to make something other than an Aramitama the [Boss]

But that being the case means the reverse is also true, in that not all aramitama are bosses. I agree with KA that using a systems XP rules as written is usually not the best method, but it is something that needs clarified for people that do so.

So I tried and did a character based on Shiki Ryougi from Kara no Kyoukai. I'd like some opinions, what can be change or where I did wrong, this is my first character using this system.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doIq7Hb9mit0xPSwomZJuaIXjxn77Xi1qODalrZhQak/edit?usp=sharing

Is this a question of whether the character is properly optimized, or whether it looks like a good fit for Shiki R? The answers are kinda different there.

Optimization isn't too great a deal in kamigakari. Some powergamers will always say it is, but there is almost no way to become useless except in very specific circumstances.

So far as this goes, it looks good to me. I would entertain the thought of replacing one of the two with dark hunter A or B, or maybe legacy user A to represent when she uses the sword. but this is by no means necessary. Arc slayer A/B are both very good styles for her.

What happened to the record sheet though? there shoulda been a second page to go with that that tracks bonds, crest, and shit like that.

Actually, looking at your cover, you may wanna reconsider that. I don't think shiki has ever been a "Normal student", even as a cover.

Abit of both.
Ups... forgot that thing, gonna add that too

Question, what do Stored Items represent?

What do you mean? A stored item is a stored item.

Care to elaborate a bit?

Yeah, thats an important page.

Also, i would seriously suggest going legacy user A, even as a substyle, to represent when she uses the Kanesada kuji that one time. That easily would count as a type of "Godforged regalia", and shiki is apparently stronger when using a sword than a knife.

The dichotomy of switching to a sword when things get rough may also be an interesting roleplay opportunity, that would be backed up through the mechanics.

The only issue is that legacy user talents can only be used with a godforged regalia. So if you do this, make sure you don't lose that sword.

>Optimization isn't too great a deal in kamigakari. Some powergamers will always say it is, but there is almost no way to become useless except in very specific circumstances.

Useless, no. Outshone by someone who optimized, yes, and that's to be avoided. Very few systems (almost none really) are immune to 'this player knew the rules better than me so his character does more and consequently gets the spotlight more than mine'. Knowing how to maintain parity between players is a very important thing for every player to know.

As far as concept emulation is concerned, basically the only thing worth noting is that your cover is probably better off as Dilettante, Faction Leader or Yakuza, depending on which point in Shiki R's life you're trying to emulate. You can find these in the 1st and 2nd expansions, IIRC.

As far as optimization, these would be my notes:

-It might be better to get Yin Style over Secrets of Battle. Since really the only talents you have that require any overly specific dice are your automatic talents, your spirit pool will mostly go to waste every round. May as well grab Yin Style to set up more Blade Flashes and avoid wastefulness by trading dice to your teammies who need them. That said, I would totally grab whichever one you didn't take by level 2. They're awesome!
-Missing the +1 bonus to one stat of your choice (Page 78, 'Main stats'). Add it to Strength, hitting is good.
-Missing a weapon enchantment for the Kanesada. Blade of Slaying Evil is the obvious choice.
-You can do better for your accessory selection. Sacred Silver Bracelet and Sacramental Cameo cost 1.5k in total and give you +3 PD and +1 Accuracy - considerably better than the bonuses granted by the Magatama Bangle, Charm (especially the Charm - armor is kinda overcosted in Kamigakari), and Tactical Boots. The two suggested replacements can be found in Expansion 3. The Regalia Sheath from Expansion 1 is also very good, as are Supportive Body Armor and the Flying Shoes line from Exp2 (Jet Boots and Burst Boots). Since the Jacket is concept core, would recommend a combo of that, Silver Bracelet, Jet Boots, Sacramental Cameo and either one of Supportive Armor or Regalia Sheath. Should be a clean, solid starter package of boosts.

Let me rephrase. You will always be able to do something in almost every situation. For that matter, thats also the purpose of appearance checks, scene's and the like. They force the party to split, allowing everyone a fair chance to shine. Sorry, but powergaming here holds no purpose other than to dickwave.

Not to say optimizing is bad. Optimizations are usually good. Just don't go overboard like the 3.pf community.

Keep in mind, so long as you keep track of the mechanical costs, abilities, and slot it takes up, you can re-fluff anything into something a bit more in theme. The book uses the example of a pair of shoes to a pair of wooden clogs. Try to keep it in the bounds of common sense, like no changing a powered suit into regular clothing, but within some margin there is easily room to fluff.

Yeah this is important, you don't have to come out looking like a rummage sale reject. Appearance is mostly no object so don't be afraid to pick what's most useful, so long as it doesn't go against your concept.

Yep. this ain't monster hunter. You don't gotta clownsuit to be effective

Style over substance. It doesn't matter how good you are at something if you ain't got the flair to back it up

Oh ok, didn't knew about those Covers, gonna change that
And thank you for the optimization suggestions.

That sounds good, gonna have a look at that too.

Yep. the important thing with having legacy user is to make sure you have a decent enough regular weapon to use in case you aren't able or don't want to use the godforged one. In this case, a knife of some sort.

So far as optimizing goes, Legacy user is sort of like Arc Slayer+, but with its own restrictions. In case of the loss of the sword, i'd keep Arc slayer A around.

That said, extra styles can be gained at level 5, 10, or 15, so its not like you permanently lock yourself out of anything until level 15.

Ok, well this is how it looks now after the modification, I took Secret of the Destroyer out and replaced it with Yin Style.
But I have a question about Legacy User. The Godforged weapon is free or you need to pay for it? Because I barely managed to squeeze most of the accesories.

you do need to pay for it, but it does power up on its own based on your level.

Also, consider leaving some accessories until after playing a session or two, when you have more gold.

Also that user meant mysteries of battle, not secrets of the destroyer. You get secrets of the destroyer whether you want it or not.

Talents marked with a ※ Are obtained automatically upon taking the style. You don't spend anything to get them.

Yeah, that confused me. Gonna correct it.

Also, where you have kanesada, where it says "Form" that means sword, hammer, spear, ranged, magic. not so much what kind of sword. Thats something you can just describe.

This might come as something of a surprise, but most of those accessories are endgame equipment, or borderline so. The Heroic Cameo can replace the Sacramental version once you have shitloads of gold to burn (And I mean shitloads - it's 3k for +1 damage, should pretty much always be the last thing you want to get), and Burst Boots or Jet Shoes can replace the Jet Boots if you're really thirsty for unarmed damage or more Combat Speed, but generally speaking there's very few arguments for getting rid of the Regalia Sheath and Sacred Silver Bracelet, since accuracy boosts are rare and precious - for reference, the only talent that reliably grants an equivalent bonus is Intuitive Strike, which requires you to have LUK 4 or higher. Accessories are actually probably the one piece of Kamigakari chargen you could probably say is 'solved' - there's solid arguments in favor of various types of armor, and all weapons are competitive with each other (with Spears being technically overpowered with infinite gold but nobody has time for that kinda theorycraft), but the selection of really good gear is pretty small for accessories, at least right now.

Jupp confused Form with God name. My bad. Like I said, first character. It's bound that I'll do alot of mistakes.

He's making a level 1 character, why are you suggesting endgame shit?

Well this was enlightening. Should have figured that those are quite End Game items by their price, dumb me.

Nah, its all good. I'm here to help people anyways, so its not like i'm going out of my way for this or anything.

That said, the most important things to consider at level 1 are your weapon or weapons, and your protector. Accessories will almost always be cheaper, and easier to gain later.

I see, so any recommendation?
And thank you for the help

Because a level 1 character can afford them? The Sacred Silver Bracelet costs 500G, the Regalia Sheath costs 1000G, and so does the Sacramental Cameo - and all of these items will work just fine for the rest of a Godhunter's career. 2.5k is a pittance for accessories you'll use for the rest of your character's story, more or less. It's not like recommended you buy a Majestic Flameberge or whatever.

That said, this is true. Considering a single Kushimitama will cover almost all of your accessory needs, it's totally valid to grab solid weaponry and at least a cheapo Suit so you don't take double damage. The impact of good weaponry (especially the early-game Expansion models) cannot be overstated.

So far as weapons go, if you plan to do the legacy user thing, Blade of the sovereign is what you want. You can easily refluff it as kanesada. I'd suggest finding out how much gold you have if you didn't get your current weapon, and work from there. Like i said, accessories are entirely secondary that early on, so selling those can easily make up the difference. After this, buy a cheap suit with the left over, and maybe a cheap 1-handed sword to act as a knife. That'd be your basic set up.

If you plan to stay arc slayer A/B, your current weapon would be fine though, and most of the above is moot. Instead, just focus on making a solid weapon outta what you got at the moment. Again, a cheap suit so you don't take double damage, but this can be literally anything.

Indeed. While i don't deny that the powergaming path is effective, it can get confusing for new players. It also only considers the end goal, rather than the exact path, which may lead to things being harder than they should be at points. Its correct, but its not always right.

So I should give up the Jet boots and keep those 3 accessories and the Jacket because part of the character.
Should I also give up the sword effect and get a better weapon?

Oh, something i forgot, you get one of the diamond marked improvements for free on your first weapon. I dunno if you added that to the cost or not.

Whether you get a better weapon or not is more a question of whether you take legacy user or not.

Well starting gold is the Initial Character starting, so 5k G and the Blade of the sovereign is 4k Gold from what I remember.
And I may remain Arc Slayer A/B not completly sure yet.

Wait Diamond Marked effects are free?
Then that means I don't have to pay for "Blade of Slaying Evil" since it's Diamond Marked and the first effect on the weapon?

Yeah, its a big investment. However, it does automatically gain two godforged talents, putting it immediately above most other weaponry outright at that point. It also has a high base PD and no loss to INIT, unlike your current weapon.

Its a bit expensive, but well worth the cost.

On Chargen, on your first weapon only, you get one diamond marked enhancement for free. So in this case, yes. That would be free.

This also applies to godforged regalia, as they work in the same way as regular regalia with their other stuff added on.

So as an example, you would get blade of the sovereign, 2 godforged talents, and one sword form Diamond marked enhancement.

I see, if you put it like this yeah the Godforged weapon sounds like a good investment.
Well if I buy that sword I'll be left with 1k G, 100 gold goes to Jacket because like I said, character theme and I'm left with 900 Gold, any suggestions of what to get?

well, the sheath and bracelet would be just barely out of your range, but thats fine. between +1 to accuracy or active checks and not getting your shit slapped, the latter is more important.

As for what you would get, most of what the other user suggested is around 1000 gold, but the sacred silver bracelet isn't a bad option at 500G. At least 300G needs to go to reinforced formal wear though. Otherwise, you will take double damage. The jacket you have does not count as a suit. You need an actual suit to not take extra damage.

Also keep in mind, you get one hunter set for free straight up, and whatever items your cover gives you. None of them will really benefit you in combat, but it does include consumable restoratives and such.

Sorry i'm an idiot. In that first sentence i thought the bracelet was 1000g, but then i looked it up and it was only 500g, and i forgot to change it. my bad.

Ok, I got the weapon, bracelet, a cheap suit and the Jacket
Now one final question where do I write down the Godforged weapon talents?
I was thinking of picking Concept: Cleave but I'm not sure about the second one.

I'll be honest, there isn't a sheet for that yet. That sheet was made before the godforged regalia were even translated.

I have a rough idea on the template, so i'll see to making it later on and adding ut to the base google docs sheet.

As for the common talent, good question. I guess pick the one that seems more "shiki-like"

I think they can be added on the Trait side? And write in bracket that it's for Godforged?

As for the talent, Concept:Cleave is the most "shiki-like" talent that I found since like the falvor text says "Your Godforged carries a concept within it: "Cut everything." " Which is quite on point with her Mystic Eyes Of Death Perception
So I guess the second talent can be anything.

Well, you get one weapon talent and one common talent. Also, transcend space can be pretty shiki like, for her later abilities. But thats a weapon talent and you need a common one

I think "Two-Handed Weapon Focus" can be a good common talent. Or Combat Reaction?

No, thats not what i meant. I meant your god forged regalia gets one weapon based and one common talent.

There is a section for god forged regalia called "Common" talents

Ah, I see it now.
So the "Concept:Cleave" from Weapon and one from common

Russian metalbenders

Yep. That is correct.

Thanks for all the help.
With this I think the character's done.

For now at least

Hmm, trying to make a Legion A/B Human character that is going to be ranged and been thinking about which skills to take at 1st level. Any thoughts?

Special Technique, a spirit fixer (holy shit you need spirit fixers SO BADLY SON), and the remaining racial and Style talents are to taste. Maybe Offense and Defense As One or Assault Support? On that note, what's your main? It drastically influences what your buildpath should look like. Certain 3+ Legion talents are so silly that the difference between having and not having them is massive.

Okay, first and foremost, no. Spirit fixers are by no means necessary at level 1.

That said, since he's human, spirit control is one of the best talents he has, so its not a bad choice regardless.

I'd suggest using his other racial to either get more stats or get more style talents, since humans can do that. From the fourth expansion there are a few more talents, but the only one that really stands out is synesthesia. The others are ghetto versions of other style talents.

Spirit fixers are super necessary for Legions. Focused Assault is such a ridiculous talent that the difference between 'I'm Assaulting every round' and 'I'm sitting there with my dick in my hand' is massive. Legion B helps a bundle with that since it can weaponize any non-5s you have, but you may as well come in with at least a pair of 5s prepped for each fight. I *play* a Legion A and it makes a hilariously huge difference.

Oh, and to further justify why it's such a big deal: Most of your major talents (Counterstrike, Offense and Defense As One, Focused Assault, like ALL the Legion B good talents) ask for 5s. Not 'odds', not 'evens', specifically 5s. Fixers are very needed because otherwise you're picking and choosing which one single talent you're gonna use this round instead of just letting it rip. It's a huge deal to grab at least one.

(And Spirit Control in particular is awesome so yeah, may as well.)

Dude, its level 1. Most mononoke won't be able to tell the difference between a weapon attack and a talent at that point.

Also, congratulations, they need an insane amount of 5's. Most classes focus heavily on one number on a dice. The ones that don't have insane costs like elder mage A and use E's to counter that.

People seem to forget that regular weapon attacks even exist. There is always something you can do, even if its not the most optimal solution ever.

Legion A is the main.

Which one is Synesthesia?

Okay, so you need exact numbers. Thought you needed the exact number or greater.

Okay, here's a shot at mashu, since i said i'd do some grand order stuff.

>Name: Mashu Kyrielight/ Class:Human/ Lv:1
>Size:2
>Wits:High
>Senses:Normal
>Speech:Yes
>Reaction:Neutral
>ID:20
>Weakness: None

>| ACC | EVA | CNJ | RES | CHK
>{Combat Stats} | 3 | 7 | 2 | 6 | 3
>{Fixed Values} | 10 | 14 | 9 | 13 | 10

>HP: 50
>Initiative: 12(6)
>Armor: 7
>Barrier: 7

>[Weapon Attack] : Physical Attack / Engaged / 1#
>- [Form: Shield] 2d6+7 Physical damage to the target.

>«Shielder-Class Servant» Constant/ User/ User
>- Treat All Resist checks as if [Resist:Cancel]. Does nothing on failed checks

>«Wall of Brittle Snowflakes» Prep/ Combat zone/ Combat zone
>- Reduces HP damage by 2 for 3 rounds

>«Wall Of Fuming Chalk» Prep/ combat zone/ 1#
>- Reduces all damage done to the target to 0 for one turn. 1/Combat

>«Lord Chaldeas» Attack/ Combat zone/ Combat zone
>- Qaudruples the armor and barrier of all allies for 3 turns. 1/session

Okay, here's mashu, as a mononoke. This is her at the start of grand order, pre-power ups. I'll see about doing some other versions to represent her ascension forms.

To be fair, plain weapon attacks are boring.

This is the one i was talking about

● «Synesthesia»
Timing : Unique
Range : User
Target : User
Cost : None
Combining the awareness and cognizance of multiple senses simultaneously has a great effect on a variety of actions.
Use On Check. The target gains a +2 modifier to the result of any check. This Talent may be used once per round (or scene).

Its a really good talent that can sway things without using any dice, and its once per round. Really good. It can't increase damage, since thats a derivative and not a check, but it works on basically anything else.

Then make them interesting. You are playing a roleplaying game. Roleplay.

Or use some talent that won't actually change much, but has no cost, to make it more interesting.

For example, using 99 regalia doesn't actually change your damage, and it can be used in melee range if you want, but the fluff changes entirely. Like using unarmed and 99 regalia, you have made something like sunlight yellow overdrive, hokuto shinken, and whatever other high speed punching shenanigans you want to.

Effectively, nothing changed. But because you added flair to it, it became more interesting on merit of that.

I meant mechanically. I'm not saying you can't have fun with them. i'm just saying that they can feel less exciting.

mechanically, yeah. they are less exciting. But at the same time, that just means there's more on you to make them feel more exciting.

>Tell my friends about the game
>They seem interested enough
>Write up a simple guide for races, styles and mechanics
>2 weeks later, no one could get time to read it
Fuck, I really want to play animu: the RPG.

>can't find time to read it

Okay, creating a character takes maybe an hour and i already put together a cheatsheat that has most of the necessary info for calculating stats and shit.

NO EXCUSES.

Strongly suggest going for the following talents, then:

-One Man Army at level 3. Suddenly Focused Assault only takes a single 5, Aim Where It's Weak and Special Technique are F R E E and so is Tactical Strike (so if you get Combo Skill you can stack all of these if you want), and Demolition Tactics has Cost E. To say it's awesome would be the understatement of the fuckin' century.
-Long-Range Snipe + Precision Snipe are hilariously money. Super fat damage boost that lets your second attack action (because you really should grab Continuous Action as many times as you can every 5 levels, it's super broken) after Focused Assault obliterate foes and weaponizes several of your arms enhancement options, turning them into tons of PD. Worth prioritizing at levels 4 and 5, probably, once you have One Man Army since it's a game-changer.
-Eagle Eyes + Target Assessment on a rangey Legion = every-fuckin'-body blows up every time you Focused Assault or do a Snipe. Very silly combo worth keeping in mind.

I think those are the big hits you should keep in mind, as well as Callous Pursuit because it gives you a chaser strike. Legions are engines of destruction - try and get your endgame weapons ASAP (Dark Towers are the ones I know of, for Ambidextrous Legions - switchhanders and zweihanders want something different I believe) and have fun with them. They're awesome!

I don't really know how legion works, so take this guys advice.

Or don't. Choice is yours.

Follow-up on equipment: If using Two-Handers, you'll probably want the Angelhowl (permanent AoE is pretty good) or Railgun (boss killer). Maybe the Weapon 10 (AKA the cross) if you're OK with spending a talent on Ranged Weapon Proficiency, since it gives you an extra attack per fight. Switchhanders are kinda weirdly bad, but you probably want the Flareburst or Durchbruch.

Yeah, there's not a lot of reason to use a switch-hander.

Someone asked KA about it once upon a time, and even he didn't really have much input on the matter.

One thing i have come to notice though, is that their PD isn't ever too far below a 2-hander of equivalent cost, not by much, and its initiative is almost always leagues better, even than 1-handers.

I dunno why, but switch handers seem to be geared towards speed. Some even give init when 2-handed, where very few native 2-handers do so. I saw one in the third expansion that gave more init than an equivalent 1-hander, even.

So for something like, say, dark hunter where init is king, i could see them opting for one for higher damage output without a 2-handers loss of speed.

Nah init is never worth that much, not even to DRKs. Basically the only reason they'd want to stack even MORE init outside of maybe the boots slot and incidental bonuses is for Shadow Ruin Art if they're DRK A mains, but that's a oneshot effect and not worth losing the benefit of Ambidexterity, Shields, or Actual Strong Base Effects for.

(That said, my comment was mostly for guns specifically. Kinda like how Onehanders are unbelievably shit for the Magic form to the point it'd be beyond retarded to want to use them. Switchhanders are at least decent to good for most forms, there's just a couple forms that actively punish you for picking the wrong thing.)

Best I can come up with is that Switch Hands are best for shield users, but I honestly haven't seen many people talking about using shields. There's also some edge cases, like when Contractor A and you're taking Reaper of the Battlefield.

Otherwise I remain ???. When I get around to rewriting the player section, I'm gonna squint a lot at the switch hands and see if I missed something.

True enough. That said, to call them outright bad is somewhat misleading. It does allow for more freedom of action with your preps if you need to grab an item and heal or something, and its damage is almost never more than 1 or 2 behind its cost-equivalent 2-hander. The bonus to speed is just that. a bonus.

Frankly, i'd enjoy using a shield and had fully planned to make a character around it, but my DM is MIA most of the time, so my kamen rider hasn't even gotten much use.

I also find it a bit odd that there's no class based around using shields of some sort. in fact, shields in general are just sorta there.

Yeah, te Flareburst and Durchbruch are fine. It's not like with Onehanding Magic weapons, where I'll outright say it's moronic to do that (seriously, there's no support at all whereas twohanders get special enhancements, even. Absolute fuckin garbage). Switch-handing Ranged weapons is just fine.