What are some of the best speeches that you've heard/ used in your games?

What are some of the best speeches that you've heard/ used in your games?

Pic unrelated, i dont know how to make webms so you get a youtube link
youtube.com/watch?v=FrlymHW0qU8&index=9&list=WL&t=2s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SgCcMv4xnwA&index=12&list=WL
youtu.be/FI1ylg4GKv8?t=1m25s
youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec
youtube.com/watch?v=fiqCYrNmwkM&feature=youtu.be&t=14
youtube.com/watch?v=xvMUAenWQ78
youtu.be/fv0kvSsWIuk
youtube.com/watch?v=IDUp2sAWreQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nv2ONRJ9tMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o8C9jJNif0A
youtube.com/watch?v=LRNwgE4iPJg
youtube.com/watch?v=zkRwcc1O3Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=o7Yrw7QNx1U
drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ooji9TfLqMcjhTOWhpbzIzYms
youtube.com/watch?v=Ikuf5hk_GEo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvafKSJ1ls
youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k
youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ
youtu.be/wupToqz1e2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I also only have to speeches. My collection is lacking.
youtube.com/watch?v=SgCcMv4xnwA&index=12&list=WL

"You are strong, child. But I am beyond strength." gives me chills every time, I was thinking about how I'd love to have good speeches in my games too

I have villains give a variation of this often:
>My life has come to culminate in this moment. My triumph or my defeat. I am willing to bet everything on this fight, my life, my fortune, my soul. Are you willing to do the same to stop me?

Most PCs say no and realize their character isn't willing to die or risk their life in a meaningful way. This is the part that when they pull out you brand them as cowards.

youtu.be/FI1ylg4GKv8?t=1m25s

>Most PCs say no and realize their character isn't willing to die or risk their life in a meaningful way
You have some pussies for players. Your average murderhobo isn't afraid to jump face front into the woodchipper, if it means getting experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec

Still goddamn spectacular

Pretty much everything coming from Ancestor's mouth.

youtube.com/watch?v=fiqCYrNmwkM&feature=youtu.be&t=14

BROTHERHOOD! UNITY! PEACE!

youtube.com/watch?v=xvMUAenWQ78

youtu.be/fv0kvSsWIuk

This actor should get a medal.
It does something to me after half a decade.

das some good shit nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=IDUp2sAWreQ

youtube.com/watch?v=nv2ONRJ9tMQ

Ron Perlman'll do that to ya.

this is good for hfy autism
youtube.com/watch?v=o8C9jJNif0A

youtube.com/watch?v=LRNwgE4iPJg
I always found the opening speech of Visari in Killzone 2 to be really good

Literally every single speech is cringe and autistic. I never liked speeches. I even interrupt them and juts throw a dagger at the faggot NPC that tries to speech his way around me.

Fuck speeches, they are for literal autists

Sounds like somebody has ADHD.

ow

>autistic screeching about speeches, a thing humanity has done since we learned to talk

yeah we're all the austists, not you. mm hmm.

I bet you play video games.

Hey, I play video games and I like cool speeches, don't throw me in with that fag

Shame the actual gameplay of Machine for Pigs was so weak, the story itself was really solid.

Not so much a speech as it is a dialogue, but it still gives me shivers.

Nier 1 spoilers by the way, as a warning.
youtube.com/watch?v=zkRwcc1O3Fo

youtube.com/watch?v=o7Yrw7QNx1U

Basically every PC party.

Here's a speech I had my DH players listen to right before a Necron invasion. I made it from various bits of Reaper dialogue from Mass Effect.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ooji9TfLqMcjhTOWhpbzIzYms

Man, despite the bullshiterry of ME3, the Reapers are still such a cool set of villains.

Surprised no one's brought up LotR. That shit's epic speech central.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ikuf5hk_GEo

I once had a court session where their employer was being harangued and harried and he wasn't necessarily the best at speechcraft, it was almost preordained he'd fuck up, but the [bard analogue] rolled to inspire -him- since he couldn't speak out of turn.

The result of that (ludicrously high) roll was the character in question shouting down his nephew who was trying to usurp his birthright, and the resulting argument getting the person in question exiled from the principality by the governor, right on the spot.

I can't do it justice, because it was entirely off the cuff, but I had two of the players contact me afterward and go "jesus damn, dude." in regards to the candor and fire of the speech.

It helped that I knew his motivation pretty well; and like the party/players/setting enough to really have some oomph in me for it.

Almost cheating user
Sam's speech at the end of the Two Towers is GOAT

Say what you want about GoT, but Tyrion's rallying speech was great
It was interesting to hear a speech that was so brutally honest; fighting for glory was dumb, because the common man would gain none, instead fight for your own things, wife, home, etc.
Also worthy of mention, his speech when he confessed at his trial at the moment he snapped

That ain't too fucking bad, user
Hope your players appreciated it

They lost their collective shit once they realized what the speaker was. It was pretty great.

GoT is trash. Read the books.

the books are boring too, but not show levels

GoT really is trash and there is nothing good about it, only meme loving cucks like it

The show is more concise than the books. In some cases, this leads to over-simplification of the plot, though most of the time, it keeps it from straying into stupid grimdark territory that just detracts from the overall narrative (ie Lady Stoneheart).

GoT is great, and only people whose entire education of the franchise comes from memes would think otherwise.

How the fuck can you complain about Lady Stoneheart as something that detracts from the overall narrative?

first of all, nobody knows the overall narrative in the books
secondly, lady stoneheart is literally name in like one chapter out of over 60 total chapters, it doesn't detract shit

You are a memeloving cuck, and it shows

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvafKSJ1ls

youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs&feature=related

One of the greatest calls to arms in modern media. Don't know how it hasn't been posted yet
youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k

>taking the bait this hard

youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

youtu.be/wupToqz1e2g

>words that would give Horus Fucking Lupercal second thoughts.

context: dwarven barbarian, in full plate, got hired alongside the party to deal with a demonic cult, to make a long story short, party ends up having to venture into an active volcano to stop a summoning, they get there too late and a demon has already been spawned, it proceeds to go on a long speech on how afraid the mortals should be, how scary he is and such, what follows is this:

>Demon spawns and starts rambling.
>at the beginning of the rant Dwarf Barbarian in full plate rips off his waterskin (which is full of strong booze) and drinks it all in one go.
>Demon notices it and expresses that it is mildly miffed at the disrespect
>dwarf says "look laddie, I was far too sober to listen to a red skinned smooth faced cunt to tell me about how scared I should feel now, so how about you shut yer fucken mouth and get to the point".
>Dwarf starts raging and powers trough the flames conjured by the demon and proceeds to tackle it.
>both fall to a pool of molten rock.
>the last thing the party sees is them slowly submerging as the demon yells in pain, both from the lava and the angry dwarf hacking at his face with a handaxe.

What kind of self-respecting demon can't swim in lava?

It wasnt the lava that got him. It was the angry dwarf chopping up his face with an axe

I need to see this cartoon. I heard it's pretty good, and I'm already sold.

That was a pretty sweet idea, thanks user