Why are healers, and the people who play them, always so smug?

Why are healers, and the people who play them, always so smug?

Other urls found in this thread:

nethack.org/v360/downloads.html
1d4chan.org/wiki/CoDzilla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not?

Because without us playing tard wrangler, the others die.

>always

Most of the time they're meek sluts who want big tough fighters to show them who's really in charge.

To make fucking them senseless all the sweeter.

Friendly reminder that nobody played healers in 2e because priests were the proto-CoDzilla, especially overpowered as fuck specialty priests.

Friendly reminder that nobody played healers in 3.5 because CoDzilla and healing sucking dick in a fight. And look at wands of CLW/Lesser Vigor.

Friendly reminder that nobody played healers in 4e because leaders and minor action heals.

Friendly reminder that nobody played healers in 5e because healing in a fight is still fucking awful and you're better off with the bonus action healing spells.

It's true

t. healer player

Reminder that D&D is a bad system.

What kind of meme game do you play where there is a "healer" class?

>healer
>tabletop
Fuck off, /v/

well what do you call a class that heals other than cleric or medic.

Pretty sure that's only in anime

I'd be smug too if I looked like Mercy. I'd also be masturbating furiously right now. Oh wait I already am.

>not going out hunting for dick
What's the point of being a healer if you can't upgrade to MILF Healer

What's so good about healing MILFs?

A cleric or medic.

a Curamobob

In my experience, they're usually just really, really frustrated with their stupid damage magnets.

They're motherly and know exactly what they want out of a man.

a hitpoint bringer backer

Because they know that they hold life and death in their hands. YOUR life and death, specifically.

Can you feel the schadenfreude?

Eh. From someone who mostly plays healers, most of mine aren't smug at all.

Well, besides the middle aged, half-elf bard with a narcissistic streak in our 4e campaign. He's definitely smug.

because they hold your fucking life in their hands

Physician, healer, Barber-Surgeon, Corpsmen, Quartermaster, Alchemist, Priest, etc etc

>playing wow during early legion expansion when prot warriors were fucking invincible.
>healer gets mad and stops healing everyone during eye of azshara boss fight
>everyone dies but me
>boss at 40% health
>survive and kill it anyway.
It felt so good to crush their superiority complex. that said I appreciate healers.

Because we're better than you.

/V/ please just get the fuck out and never come back

We at Veeky Forums don't play videogames, never played them and never will. We are above you.

4th edition didn't seem to think so.

Newfag leave.
Take your forced elitism elsewhere.
People play video games.
>/V/
Yeah seriously, kill yourself

>playing video games
>/v/

Aren't you supposed to pick one?

>We at Veeky Forums
Fuck off

Gatekeeping is fucking stupid in general, but in this case it's just plain retarded.

That's... kind of creepy

Now you're going to have me side eyeing the guy at our table whose obsessed with being the medic and healer in every video game and campaign we run

get the fuck out both of you pol posters

>pic of alt right guy getting punched
>/pol/

Are you literally retarded

>pol is only one person
get the fuck out pol

>calling a Nazi 'alt right'
stay the fuck there

He wants your cock

Are you having a psychotic breakdown? What are you even talking about?

I can't tell if you're pro-Richard Spencer getting btfo'd or Anti-Richard Spencer getting btfo'd. If you get asshurt at the sight of alt right pricks getting hit maybe you should be the one on /pol/

Let's not be too hasty user.

Maybe the group fighter is an amazon.

I mean, meekness suits a healer and person of faith, but when you literally command the powers of the gods, the big tough fighter should be wanting YOU to show them who's really in charge.

stay in pol, shitposter

>/pol/
It's not /pol/ guys. This is a purely /v/ meme.

On that note, I want /v/ to leave its rancid 'culture' in /v/. I won't say you guys shouldn't come here, but you should remember this isn't your usual cesspool.

Friendly reminder that "go back to /pol/" redditors who have a hissy fit over someone saying "nigger" shit up more threads than /pol/tards. Unless you're all just one dedicated shitposter.

It's funny because I hate /pol/ and my pic clearly is anti-alt right yet this buffoon still takes issue with it... I think? I can't tell what he's on about

This, please everyone get the fuck out of here. Your shitty posts are obvious at a glance that they aren't from here. Please put yourselves together. Don't post suggestive images nor talk about suggestive stuff that isn't related to Veeky Forums. Stop shitting up the board, faggots.

There is no such thing as antipol retard, a polter and an antipolter both belong in pol, because both are politically related, just leave

>We at Veeky Forums don't play videogames
>He doesn't know the Commander Keene Clause
Your newfag is showing

No

Now what are you gonna do about it bitch

i just like helping others

light necking in exchange for healing is appreciated though

Thanks for proving you are the fucking cancer, and a child too

Fuck off furfag

Deep down it's what we all want
The other option is support wizard

wow isn't in that list though, I guess he won.

Guess I am /with him/ now

It falls under clause 2 since WoW has tabletop games associated with it.

Next time educate yourself before spewing shit like a retard newfag

Commander Keen! How do I obtain a copy of nethack, since the devs are Jews who charge 25 dollarydoos for their game?

After all this time, I feel like I've found my tribe.

This. A good healer can put a man back together. A great healer knows how the man was taken apart, and can replicate it if the need arises.

A master healer can see every wound and injury a person has ever suffered - and if they need to, those old wounds can be exploited.

So piss off the healer at your own risk.

nethack.org/v360/downloads.html
Is there a more recent version being sold somewhere or what? I'm not very knowledgeable about it but I've always known it as a free game.

I looked up nethack a while back and the main page had the price at 25$. Thanks a lot, though.

I mean I like to enjoy a variety of things rather than picking one and refusing anything else.

>Always play cleric because everyone else in my group is shit at anything but rolling attacks and the last time I let someone else handle healing we got TPK'd in 3 sessions
>They all know the healslut meme and constantly make fun of me about playing a cleric
What did I do to deserve this hell?

There shouldn't be a class dedicated to healing.

I bet you liked it you dirty girl.

Play a RIP AND TEAR cleric or a healer with a completely non-healslut personality. I like the sadistic type. Just don't be dickish and withhold needed healing if you do that.

Oddly, I've never gotten shit for preferring Clerics other than "damn, when are you going to play something besides a cleric?"

I guess it's because most of my characters end up being middle aged and male. A middle aged priest isn't exactly the sort of thing your average /v/ neckbeard is going to lust over.

Is it possible to be a non-healer heal-slut? Like a support wizard turned up to the max?

>Is it possible to be a non-healer heal-slut?
We call those Bards.

> create female cleric
> roleplay that she's middle aged and happily married
> friends still joke about healslut
> tfw DM makes husband into personal DM PC.

Have you ever tried playing with one you didn't meet online? Because that might be your problem. All the type cast healers I've played with have been sorta shy, quiet types who feel responsible for the rest of the party's well-being, and consider it a personal failing if something goes wrong. They've also been people I knew personally and didn't meet online, where this stereotype seems to originate.

But there are classes that can and do concentrate on boons, such as mending and warding, so maybe we shouldn't resort to silly semantics and get triggered by "/v/" terms so easily?

Because I know my team is a shit, the smugness is a friendly reminder for them to stop being such shits or I'll have to save their candy asses

JUST LIKE IN MY JAPANESE CARTOONS

/v/ terms belong in /v/, and /v/ shit should stay in the shit, I mean in /v/

>GMing Military campaign
>As you enter the medical tent, you see a female Ha-
>user, d-did you say female?
>Yes
>Every player gets that look in their eyes and stares at me like I've presented them the holy grail
>Detail the numerous wounds and deformities that cover her due to the ability she uses to heal soldiers faster
>They all sigh and look away
She was already supposed to have them, but I now realize why the usual GM has all male supporting casts.

A woundy-byebye woman (male)

Its hard to have deeply memorable and dramatic moments when your players just want to sex up the npcs. Are we allowed to make every women they succeed with secretly a demon?

>bards
>not sluts

Because we know you survive your terrible mistakes due to our abilities to heal. Try complaining about our smugness when you are dead ingrate.

Nah. Use ninjas instead and when the PCs get wise to this and try to hunt down the ninjas have them manage to sneak into their training facility and be mistaken for students. After some time have the ninja school be attacked by a rival ninja school while the PCs are wearing the original ninja school's uniform.

Now not only is the problem of sexing-up the NPCs taken care of but the plot of the next few sessions is ready to go.

Only in anime

Healers in real life are bitter and jaded assholes who hate everyone around them and only begrudgingly keep people alive on the promise of loot.

Why not both? Demon Ninjas so you can justify stealing levels (or HP permanently) from the players? Its so evil it just might work.

>CoDzilla
What?

Because you'll have to keep up with it or otherwise I won't do shit next time you're bleeding, mate.

Also I like mad scientist healer like characters.

Plot twist: Both ninja schools are led by demons but the rival school actually wants to make the world more like the demon's homeland while the other school is content with the way things are currently (ie very few demons).

Broken 3.PF build where you were basically the best character ever by level 10 (?) via multiclassing as a Cleric (C) and Druid (D). The zilla part comes from breaking the game over your knee when you do this.

For more information see
1d4chan.org/wiki/CoDzilla

Basically it's a way to play Cleric refluffed as ANYTHING ELSE and do all kinds of crazy shit that breaks the game.

>We at Veeky Forums don't play videogames, never played them and never will. We are above you.

That Guy spotted.

>Broken 3.PF build where you were basically the best character ever by level 10 (?) via multiclassing as a Cleric (C) and Druid (D).
Nigga u dum. There's no multiclassing or 'builds' involved in CoDzilla, you just pick one of the two classes and make non retarded spell selection and proceed kick ass because that shit is retardedly powerful. Any extra cheese you throw in beyond the class itself is gravy.

No one I know who plays supporting roles are ever smug, except one shitstain nobody likes.

One is very businesslike, another is chill, and one is panicky and manic.
When I play a support I act like a drill sergeant, barking orders and demanding greater performance. (All as an act, I assure you.)

Chirurgeon, Technician, Doctor.

>There is no such thing as antipol retard, a polter and an antipolter both belong in pol, because both are politically related, just leave
by that defintion you should go to /pol/
because you are anti-/pol/ being in the thread.
also
>damage control this hard.
you the guy who posted the smug douchelet being bunch in the face by a weezing limp wristed commie.
Sucker punching a faggot ain't something to really be proud off.
Feel shame
t. tankie

>who's really in charge.

Keep telling yourself that, meatshield.

because we are the ones keeping you're dumbasses alive when you do stupid shit.

Because I want to be punished for my smugness

Though I do sometimes play like this
Though preferably with a big, tough, lady fighter

I want to be a shota healer though

>We at Veeky Forums don't play videogames, never played them and never will. We are above you.
Your new is showing

Though all joking aside, this
I just really like helping other people, it feels nice
So does any "rewards" I get

>We at Veeky Forums don't play videogames
this is new levels of stupid
>what is DoW
>final liberation
>other warhammer games
>Dorf fort
>baldur's gate
nigga you tell me you never baldur's gate.
>rts games
>table top simulator
>TBS games

>invite female friend to dnd group
>she picks cleric
she's just so.... angry

Yep, I play a Tempest Cleric and it's fucking awesome. No healsluts here, just manly tanks.

I see, thank you all for the clarification.

And I'm already playing a cleric in 5e and it feels great, I can't imagine how overpowered they can be in 3.5

>gatekeeping

Go back to tumblr.