mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/australian-highlander-no-lotus-storm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread already failed today, come on guys we can do it!

dead format

There isn't much to talk about and forcing it will just end up being trashbin like modern thread.

I like playing decks with Jace the mind sculptor because I like activating the abilities of Jace the mind sculptor

>There isn't much to talk about and forcing it will just end up being trashbin like modern thread.
It's already a namefag circlejerk. It just needs to die off completely

already sold out, lgs dropped support, play modern instead

I tried playing modern for about a year, and I really wanted to like it, but the format is absolute garbage. Control is near unplayable and combo is either too good or nerfed into the ground for no reason depending on wizards wildly oscillating ideas on what makes a format good. The ban list is a joke with cards like Stoneforge, Splinter Twin, and Bloodbraid that enable interesting decks that play by the "turn 4 rule". In other words, I'd rather play no magic than play modern.

This in enchantress?
Then don't play magic. everybody knows that the format has an expiration date called the reserved list

fortunately based chinamen are fixing the issue of the reserved list

>Supporting communist criminals

For what purpose? I thought elephant grass and ghostly prison made the infect matchup prettu good, and it's worse than a dead card against lands or turbo depths.

That said, will this see play in turbo dephs?

Not against some strategy but to combo with other enchantments like phyrexian unlife, Elephant grass counters, and maybe other enchantments

I still play magic, Legacy is pretty healthy around where I live. In fact, it's currently tempting player to sell out of modern to play at my LGS. The last Legacy night I played had ~20 player while modern tourney didn't fire for the second week in a row.

This is what is saving legacy, I'm what you would call an "enfranchised player", I own nearly every Legacy and Vintage staple due to the fact I bought in during the early 2000's when prices where low. I'd gladly see my collection lose 80% of it's value to see more people playing the best formats.

I LOVE LEGACY BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST MOST POPULAR GREAT FORMAT WITH A LOW BARRIER OF ENTRY

Who /burn/ here?

Where the hell are you?

Kansas City area, There's a pretty big Legacy and a small Vintage scene.

Dang, I live in Cali and my LGS only recently started to hold Modern nights.

Legacy is just unfun. Way too heavy on the old stuff, very few creature decks, even fewer non blue decks, games can be over in the blink of an eye and the only defense is muh force of will. Deck manipulation is way too good and makes games play out very samey. Also Top ban neutered non blue decks even more and made even less viable decks to play so have fun with Delver vs Combo the format. Modern has its issues, mostly with fast aggro being the staple of the format, but Deaths Shadow decks are innovating and are very fun to both play and play against, where as Delver is basically the same thing but is much more boring to play against because seeing the third daze after getting wasted gets tiresome

Also format is absurdly expensive and simply repeating "muh gook proxies" over and over doesnt fix it. They arent good proxies, never will be, and people care about reputation and not being banned from tournies more then playing a dying format with no tournament support so they just wont buy in. Whats the point? Why pay the price of an older car to buy into a format with no large tournament support, again you can cite anecdotal evidence about X areas Legacy scene being larger then Modern or Standard but overall Legacy doesnt even exist at most stores and definitely not in high quantities, there are no large Legacy tournaments outside of occasional Grand Prixes and the problem will only be exacerbated in a few years time as more Reserved cards are lost to time, natural disasters, and attic collections.

>no large legacy tournaments outside of a couple GPs
>what are SCG Legacy events, eternal weekend, eternal extravaganza, BoM, etc
Have a (you)

Not many people are going to buy chinaman tho.

You'd be surprised, I've seen a lot of questionable looking duals (very minty) out there. If i had to guess its probably something like ~5% of Legacy players are using Chinaman and I've been noticing more of it recently. Seems like the cat might finally be out of the bag on that one. I think we are only going to see more of it going forward, people want to play Legacy, and they are going to find the affordable way to do it. Not that I care, I just want to play the game so I keep my mouth shut even if something looks fake as fuck.

Is it worth it to try and make a full-on CNS+CN2 cube or am I just gonna disappoint myself by trying to find color synergy where there is none between the sets? Should I just splash in a few conspiracies, draft-matters, and dethrone cards instead?

Have you ever made a cube before? If no then I wouldn't recommend since set/block cubes are really difficult to balance. not that I'd know :^) . I manage my own legacy/vintage style cube so I can helps with that. But for CNS I doubt there's anyone with experience out there

Hey guys I need some insight I was discussing on another thread about what should deserve an animated series.

MTG was brought up and some user didn't like Jace and another said Jace isn't going anywhere. now I haven't played MTG since the mid 90s is Jace really a bad character? or is he your face of the franchise? or is he being pushed hard by wizards for sales?

I'm genuinely curious what the Mtg community thinks of Jace overall.

thanks for the answer in advance

Jace is a lot less interesting than many other Magic characters because he lacks agency. So much of his character is reactive, only taking action after being confronted. To be fair, that's an extremely blue thing to do, but it makes for a shitty character trait.

Alright then. I'll just stick with a 3/2/1/1 split of CN2. Will probably just sell some of my CNS cards to make it a larger 4/?/?/1 split.

Every time I get to cast my waifu I'm happy.

Who dnt/maverick/soldiers/etc here?

It seems like wizards has realized a lot of people aren't too into Jace and Co and are goingoing to be including theme slightly less frequently, which is good because jace sucks. He's like Harry Potter in the 5th movie, pointlessly angst with dumb hair

Based Kurov always draws the best waifus.

Playable?

I laughed more at this then I should have

Yes

Heres a puzzle for the thread
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/australian-highlander-no-lotus-storm/
I've been working on this aushigh storm list for a few weeks now. It's a bit slow, but when it goes off it really goes off. turn 5 kills are pretty common, the fastest I've goldfished is turn 3. But can it kill turn 1?

I've found a doomsday line with a turn 1 six card hand of land, dark ritual, LED, doomsday, lotus petal, gitaxian probe. Pretty sure both storm and labman kill is possible with this. Can you find a storm and a labman kill with sensei's top instead of git probe? I haven't been able to do this, but good luck.

abso lutely

What kind of decks would want it. I'm thinking of it as similar to Standstill where you'd want to land a threat and then Remora so you can pay for it. Otherwise just slamming it turn 1 vs storm is the nuts.

[Act on impulse, led, rit, tendrils, X] is a storm kill with the hand you described, replacing probe with top

I knew i could count on you, senpai. I forgot that you get to cast top twice, and I've gotten so used to putting yawg will in piles i had forgotten you don't have to.

Unfortunately a lab man kill isn't coming to me. I don't think there is one that doesn't involve 2x LED or LED+Lotus