Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Manly edition

Previous thread: >FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Squatted harder than Slaanesh

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!CVkVTDqJ!qQfT1437iEAZ5ufmEdG4sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for da Orks!

first for understrength unit abuse

Oily custodes are best custodes

So what are the lore implications now that Guilliman came back? Does it mean that things will actually start happening now?

Biovores suck and I hate them. How is it fair that they not only wound landraiders and Ard Case Battlewagons on a 2+ without any save possible, but if they miss they can hem it in and make it unable to advance whatsoever with no way to counterplay? Not to mention almost impossible to kill because of Malenthropes babysitting them in cover.

Hmm I think I'm gonna name My grot HQ "Abuse"

IF YA SMELLLLLLL

Hi BaconCatBug

reminder to always use the forge world special character grots - you get two of them for 0 points
>not pay2win

Does anyone have any pics of Primaris Marines in Pre-heresy Emperor's Children colours?

All i want to do with it is buy the specialty drones the more expensive battlesuits can,get, but not buy the battlesuits.

Who needs a Broadside when you can just get 6 missile drones?

WOT DA BOSS IZ COOKIN'!!!

CAN YA SMELL WUT GORKON RAWMSAY IS KOOKIN' ?

>20pts
uh, no they aren't? Why are you making shit up?

Wonder if the SB discount was made to remove SB SoB from stock.

Holy shit they are also full-fledged characters

anyone have a link to the imperial munitorum manual

>Does anyone have any pics of Primaris Marines in Pre-heresy Emperor's Children colours?
>Implying anyone wants ChadMarines to begin with.

>0 points so free
>pay 2 win

nani?! geez you baka, desu dishonah

>Add an ‘Other Wargear’ table for the following: ‘Cult icon | 20’

>Implying anyone wants ChadMarines to begin with.
Well. I obviously do. I thought that was pretty obvious.

YOU GOTZ TA PAY TEEF TO THEM FORGE WORLD BOYS YA GIT

WHY ARE GROTS SO BAD AT MEMES
LITERALLY ONLY GOOD FOR KICKIN

mega.nz/#F!CVkVTDqJ!qQfT1437iEAZ5ufmEdG4sA

Commented the errata into the PDFs, for anyone that wants it.

Does anyone play an army whose lore they dislike?

I love the look of the DEldar and their playstyle seems fun but the over the top edge, even by 40k standards, makes me cringe .

Hawk Lords do? They are purple and gold.

I am honestly shocked by how many people at the LGS bought Dark Millennium. That thing was sold out 20 minutes after midnight, and it's not even a GW store.

I thought I knew those people ...

Just a shitty edit

DI sold out across my city instantly but one of the local shops had a bro manager and sold me the display/store box for dirt cheap

Sick! You're doing the Emperor's work user.

I already have a regular Marine army alongside the Guard. I'm just getting the Primaris because my brother wants to get into 8th after a demo game.

Still looks solid though!

Doing god's work. Hopefully the next OP adds this

I mean, the lore is usually fairly malleable

Just use the models you like and fluff your army as edgy as you're comfortable with. Spike elfs who think the incubi have the right way of going about things will probably be less cartoonishly evil than their compatriots.

Chaos is hit and miss.

When its about 'forging a new future, creating a merging of the material world and the spiritual world' its pretty good.

When its about 'KILL EVERYTHING, even if it is a contradiction' I'm not a fan.

Used to play fairly regularly with my friend strictly for fun but haven't played for a few years. How's this edition look for my retardedly Russ-heavy IG?

>vehicles
Lel.

Unless you're gonna play against tournament level WAACfag armylists, pretty alright actually.

I think the Word Bearers trilogy still is the best description of Chaos yet. The battle and the killing are not the main focus, completing rituals, securing valuable assets and spreading corruption is what counts.

ignore this asshole.
Vehicles are a lot tougher this edition. They have saves now, which makes a big difference, and their is no vehicle damage table to make vehicles useless early.

The slight problem Russes have is that blasts are no longer a thing, so you do need to roll to hit. They also are at -1 to hit sponson and hull guns if they move, but that's better than hitting on 6s if they fire their main gun.

Russ-heavy isn't going to be putting out as much damage as other builds, but is very hard to take down.

Vehicles are also more expensive.

see, much as this meme is amusing, I'm not sure how much benefit you can actually get out of it - you still have to pay points for the whole unit, even the models you don't field.

Not since the FAQ,which is what the whole memery is about.

Guys can anyone give me a better wording to explain to my friend that when a pink horror dies you have to pay for the 2 blue horrors in matched play and same for the brimstone? I just cant come up with anymore explanations even though the both the core and index specifically say it?

Let's talk about people trying to abuse the Understrength Units rule. I have highlighted the bit I want to focus on and underlined the most important phrase.

If you encounter a player using an understrength unit in their army, according to a 'raw' reading of the rule, they would need to prove to you that they literally do not own enough models to create a unit of minimum size.

Holy fucking shit are you literally retarded? Read the errata you dumb fuck.

The thing with Chaos is.. there are different legions who have vastly different goals, personalities, etc.

Word Bearers are the most "chaos" of the chaos factions. They're the ones who worship it religiously and go full on into the horrific chaos-related stuff, as described there. Its trilogy is the best at depicting that flavour of chaos.

On the other hand, Thousand Sons and Night Lords are very different - One is a legion focused on tzeentchian dickery, knowledge, and magic. The Ahriman trilogy reflects this. Night Lords relish the pain and suffering of others, but their legion is scraps trying to survive. The Night Lords trilogy reflects this.

Then you have the BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD flavour, which is captured very well in the Kharn books - Eater of Worlds, and the Red Path.

I don't think any of the chaos series depict them badly, they just depict them differently - because they *are* different. Iron Warriors series is great, though it has the downside of being reliant on you reading ultramarines books. It's all Graham McNeil though, so can't complain.

And outside of breaking the law to break into his house or to break his kneecaps until he talks, what's to stop him saying "These aren't mine, they belong to cousin Carlos and he says I can't use them to play games."

Well, it says "that you do not have the models" - not that you don't own them. "Oops, left them at home - I don't have them".

It does block you out from running multiple understrength units of the same type, though.

So does people thinking you're a massive cock.

Page 242 – Understrength Units
Change the second paragraph to read:
‘If you are using Power Ratings, you must still pay the
Power Rating cost as if you had a minimum-sized unit,
even though it contains fewer models. If you are using
points, you only pay the points for the models you
actually have in an understrength unit (and any wargear
they are equipped with). An understrength unit still
takes up the appropriate slot in a Detachment.’

somewhat, but their toughness makes up for it.

Taking down transports isn't trivial, and taking down main tanks requires a lot of resources. And before just getting a single pen hit made a vehicle useless in shooting for a turn, now that doesn't happen.

If he still refuses to acknowledge that you pay reinforcement points for splitting horrors, tell him that you don't want to play another game of 40k against him anymore if he is going to go straight up flat-earthers level of denial about a rule.

Exactly. It cannot be proven either way, which is enough, by raw, to not allow them to field the understrength unit at all.

its not all that abusable.
its a clause for people who don't have enough for new unit size chunks.

running 3 units of 1 gaursmen each isn't going to fly in any game.

Are you fucking stupid? Did your dad fuck you too hard when you were a toddler? I said read the errata.

>Page 242 – Understrength Units
>Change the second paragraph to read:
>‘If you are using Power Ratings, you must still pay the
>Power Rating cost as if you had a minimum-sized unit,
>even though it contains fewer models. If you are using
>points, you only pay the points for the models you
>actually have in an understrength unit (and any wargear
>they are equipped with). An understrength unit still
>takes up the appropriate slot in a Detachment.’

Lol and by RaW I can claim my conscripts are Toughness 20 and force a roll off. If I lose, I can claim they are Toughness 19 and force a roll off.

Plauge Marines are to gross for me but I play them. Love Mortarion too much not to play his sons. I get around the grossness problem by only using the new DG models for the new units (plaugecaster, blightbringer, etc), my marines and cultists are done with pre-heresy DG colors. I fluff them as having less obvious diseases. Like restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea.

Are you retarded? He literally just linked the errata and you're quoting it back at him

Yes? You only pay for the models you actually have. If my undersized unit is one model, I pay for one model.

Or are you that lascannon troll from several weeks back?

with that restriction people trying to 'abuse' this are going to run through a lot of hoops to get not much benefit.

Unless I'm really missing something, being able to take one man units of different units doesn't get you much of anything. Slightly higher amounts of special weapons, but you can't spam repeat the same unit for the special weapon.

Except the toughness of a model is provable.

There's a difference between grot oiler hq and spamming cp.

The damage isn't that fantastic, but the ability to completely control enemy movement is incredible. Basically, you either need to be able to fly (or otherwise move through enemy models) or win without moving (guard mortar teams) to compete.

No it isn't. I think they are T20 regardless of what the index says. Roll off or you're breaking the most important rule.

Most infantry have a "one special/heavy weapon per X amount of models in the unit" restriction anyway, so that limits the abuse even further.

Fuck I lold

Like my 3 wound Acolytes?

It is right there in the rulebook I pay for.

Have you tried reading this to him?

If he's denying this, he's a retard.

I say this is AoS and there's no strength or wound values, and I have 2+ to wound.
Roll off.

Is it?
Where exactly does it say that the number under the letter in unit profiles is the value the unit has for that characteristic?
RaW nothing says that's the case. For all you can prove those numbers mean absolutely nothing

okay, what does that do for you?
you have a super cheap hq... and?
besides trying to get more cp, in return for giving up first turn and potential vp from super weak units.

Forge world forgot harath Shen's armor save does anybody know if it's 2 or 3 up?

It's funny.

Or fit every single one of those single unit inside a transport?

I can only assume people like you never actually get games in.
I'd certainly just walk away from sperges like you.

How the fuck do you come to THAT conclusion? The rules don't say "you have to prove you do not own the models, here or at home". It says "if you don't have them". If you show up and left them at home, you still "don't have them".

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but saying "they are not, by raw, allowed to field an understrength unit at all" is a pretty fucking retarded take on it when the rules explicitly say this

>you may find that you do not have enough models to field a minimum-sized unit; if this is the case, you can still include one unit of that type in your army with as many models as you have available.

>god made of magic and emotions and shit
>bans magic

WUT

You're just mad you lost and now my gretchin are tearing your berserkers apart in melee.

The acolyte one was rather bullshit.
Sure 3W was maybe too much, but 1W for an elite choice.

8 bloody points each or a 1 PL for a single bloody Guardsmen Sergeant was a stupid as fuck decision. If they are cucking the W3 of the Acolytes to 1, at least reduce the point cost of the bloody things.

You know the rules.

His stupid ass argument is "Well it says add, when a horror splits hes not adding he's becoming those two models" Well if he's becoming those 2 models why arent you smashing the pink horror in half and calling that a split?

And so do I!

Your counterargument should be "then why does it even say that in the rules?"

If he is going to continue being retarded, just tell him you aren't going to play the game with him while he cheats the rules.

Don't even know what you're getting from this lad.

This is beyond even 'just pretending' territory.

I say I'm not mad.

Roll off.

which is fine. Playing against silly lists like that keep the game fresh.

so now you bought at transport to transport useless models.
And?
I'm still not seeing a thing where 'abusing' this gets you any major advantage.

You just refuse the game.

Why would you even want to play vs someone who is trying to abuse this? That makes them an asshole.

Don't give assholes games user.

Actually now i feel dumb for not using that simple answer. Thanks anons i just can't understand why the 40k base has such a hard time reading.

I would love to see a version of this picture that isn't for ants.

>friend bought a Vindicare assassin because he got tired of my conscripts shenanigans
SAVE ME

10pts for a stormbolter, with rerolls to hit and wound against either chaos or xenos.

You bought a transport for the useful shit and fill it with the shit you bought for CP.

It is not a hard concept to understand. Specially when you have to deal with tournyfags and wish to take their money.

Elite death guard (or anything, really), will it work? I don't enjoy painting poxwalkers, and want to see if disgustingly resilient can help carry the game.

I agree with this - if someone's being a cunt, just don't play. I can acknowledge that without pretending the rules as written require them to prove they don't own the models at home (paraphrasing)

He is removing one pink horror model (as a casualty) to add two blue horror models. The Split rule specifically uses the word "add". Point that out.

Then: Tell him the internet thinks he's retarded and knee him in the groin.

Should have bought ratlings.

Called it - retarded levels of denial.

Your friend is being an asshat. The fist line of the Split special rule says "Each time a Pink Horror is slain, you can ADD up to two Blue Horrors etc." There is nothing in the rules about replacing.

BS4+

Side note why the fuck doesn't Ordo Hereticus get the bonus against Imperium.
All Ordos should get psyker bonus, it is part of the bloody job description to deal with those fuckers.

then you have less useful shit in the transport.
All this to get some cp.
Where is the big advantage?

Well to be fair the internet is retarded. the reddit scene is a bunch of cucks who worship shit and shun disagreement. While some of the other forums are pretty pants on head retarded. At least Veeky Forums has a good mixture of retarded and common sense.

I got ratlings, are they enough? 5 s4 shots is kinda eh