Why don't you own a D1 user?

Why don't you own a D1 user?

Because for everything that you'd need a d1 for, you can substitute it with whatever you normally use for modifier tokens

The last time I rolled a d1 the GM accused me of cheating because I rolled the maximum value twice in a row.

He's still salty about it. So I just try to avoid the issue.

I just use a d2 and round

Rolled 1 (1d1)

Because if I ever get a situation where there's only one possible outcome, I let them think that's not the case until the realization dawns on them naturally.

A friend of mine called that a plutonium needle. A d1 weapon in an exploding dice system is devastating and terrible to behold.

That goes for beyond broken. Is there any game at all that uses a d1? (Besides coin flips for 0/1)

A coin flip is d2-1, completely different from a d1.

Oh, I do. It's great for problem players try to abuse skills for something impossible

>hey DM, can I roll to lift the elephant over my head
>sure, roll 1d1, DC2

They get the message pretty quickly.

Same reason I don't own condoms. I'll never use it.

Well, no. Nobody is stupid enough to actually add a d1 to the system.

An exploit exists in 3.5, where you have the combo of using a d2 weapon + a feat that lets you reroll 1s + a feat (or was it a ToB disciple?) that makes your weapon damage dice explode.

This is key to the "tonberry" build, you play some sort of initiator and use a knife of some kind to infinite damage stab a person.

I think the build used throwing stars/darts (maybe small sized), but yeah.

Pretty hilarious, will never happen in any serious game (woe be the user who tries and the DM is autistic enough to allow it, and requires you to make each roll).

Whats impossible about lifting an elephant over your head?

What? I need to see this. This seems like some bullshit I need in my life

It was a stance from Crusader I think

What happens when you look at your player's sheet and see Str 50 for example? do you dumb face matches your dumb post?

It's a sixth level spell from the Book of Weeaboo Fightan' magic for Crusader, Aura of Chaos

>While you are in this stance, your attacks have the potential to be utterly devastating. When rolling damage for a melee attack, you gain a special benefit from any damage die that rolls its maximum amount (such as a result of 6 on a d6). When one or more of your damage dice show a maximum possible result, reroll each such die and add its result to the original damage total. You can continue to reroll as long as a die shows its maximum possible result, adding each new number to the damage total until each die has shown less than a maximum result.

Then you use some Cleric thing to make it so all rolls of 1 are treated as a 2 instead, so if you roll a d2 it is always treated as a 2 which is the max, which means you roll again and add it to the running total, which inflates into infinity.

More like never need.

I don't play Numenara.

That's odd. Whenever I roll a d1 I always get the lowest possible value, no exceptions. Just my luck.

It's not sized correctly for my fingers. Or anything else.

Does anyone know where I can get a d0.5 and/or a d1.11recurring?

just throw several d1 and divide the result by an appropriate number.

Now does anyone know where to get a d(2+3i)? Need it for the GURPS time travel supplement

> d0.5

Cut a d1 in half.

>d1.11recurring?

You'll need to simulate this with a d1 and a dinfinity

This is utterly terrifying.

Patch suggestions:
1.) Exploding/open-ended die rolls are limited to the maximum value of the original die, squared. Cubed, if your feeling generous.
2) Dice only explode if the actual rolled value is maximum--i.e. if you roll 2 on a d2, roll again; if you roll a 1, you just get a 2.
3) Don't allow exploding dice on anything less than, say, a d6.

What about dπ?

The bakery aisle.

Alright guys, here is the ultimate challenge. We have to discover the elusive d0.

Well, d1 is what ever you rolling for happening by fiat, a d0 would be nothing happening at all. It halts all progress, stops any path from being taken and brings causality to a halt....Plato's lost solid.

>Play Kobold with 1d2 damage tiny dagger.
>Take Imbued Healing feat through cleric (Luck domain) levels.
>Get to 11th level Crusader and take Aura of Chaos.
>Heal self from minor wound, imbue with ability to explode damage die.
>Roll 1d2 on a 2, dice explodes. on a 1, treat as 2, which explodes.
>Thus, all dice rolled will explode, resulting in infinite damage.
>Laugh as your tiny kobold scratches a boulder and the planet explodes.

Link to aura of chaos?

A sphere, maybe?

That's just a different kind of d1

Can't find a link to the pdf, but here's a screencap.

It's imbued healing that treats 1's as 2's and Aura of Chaos that grants exploding dice, not the other way around.

>Now does anyone know where to get a d(2+3i)? Need it for the GURPS time travel supplement
Can't you just use a remapped d6?

Wouldn't that be a die that vanishes once rolled?

the only d1 possible is a sphere

I think the Brikwars guy referred to a pokemon damage counter with a zero on it as a d0? He's obviously not serious but neither are we, so there's some kind of precedent there.

Exploding d1 systems are the ballin'est

My rolls usually average out over time, so I haven't had any issue with it