"Don't give up, Thargon. Yes, he has taken your sister, but no you have not failed her...

>"Don't give up, Thargon. Yes, he has taken your sister, but no you have not failed her. But if you give up trying to rescue her, then yes, you have failed her"
>"Very inspiring user, let's roll for Persuasion to see if he is convinced"
>"W-well, I only have an 8 charisma and no proficiency"
>*rolls*
>"Uhh a 2."
>"Sorry, despite making a convincing argument that should snap him out of his reverie of self pity, he is unmoved due to an incredibly swingy dice mechanic and the anti-roleplay effects of the rules"
>"Aw man. Well I guess we'll have to fight him I guess, roll for initiative."

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/kswAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>8 Charisma
>Giving an inspiring speech

Wow, it's like you don't know how to actually roleplay a character, or make their stats reflect what you actually want to play.

Saging never actually works, so instead I"m just going to spam Veeky Forums and maybe /co/ related images until this thing hits the post limit. That is a more effective - and fun - way of dealing with these kinds of threads.

Maybe you'll see something you haven't seen in awhile.

If you have an 8 in charisma and your character is not trained or good at persuading people you should not be making theatrical speeches or convincing anyone of anything.
you are the one at fault in this scenario.

Basically this is now a filename thread, but without the filenames because I never actually saved my images with funny filenames.

Hmm. I should really go through my compy and organize things at some point. If for no other reason than for filename threads.

This thread always boils down to "I am shit at D&D" or "My DM is shit at D&D." Stop making it.

RAW, there's no way that halfling would have been able to spend that long in that concubine's ass without suffocating.

Wow, it's almost like the story is obviously fake bullshit?!

Given that it's a high-level campaign, the halfling rogue could easily have had a Bottle of Air.

I just want to know how the community came to be dominated by the inclusivity obsessed gaymer gurl/numale crowd with their genderqueer dwarves and transman pansexual half orcs.

Oh, you're no fun.

>People never perform outside their abilities.
>implying charisma should even exist as a stat
>someone with a 6 Dex should miss every ranged attack ever

Because EVERYTHING is a political battleground now, especially things that you'd normally have no interest in but still remain un-spoiled ground for the propagation of your cancer.

I can't speak as to everyone else, but I was told that rolling up a gay disabled biracial transgender sergal furry on xir way to xir bat matzvah when xe was granted magical kawaii mahou powers would personally piss of YOU, user. That was the goal the entire time.

>>implying charisma should even exist as a stat
I'm allowed to play a character that is stronger than I am, why am I not allowed to play a character that is more charismatic than I am?

When did you realize the "When did you realize D&D was garbage?" threads were garbage?

>I just want to know how the community came to be dominated by the inclusivity obsessed gaymer gurl/numale crowd with their genderqueer dwarves and transman pansexual half orcs.

Shekels.

archive.is/kswAE

>Characters can never perform outside of the abilities.
Literally what the d20 exists for.
>B-BUT THATS LUCK BASED! I WANT TO PERFORM OUTSIDE OF MY ABILITIES WHENEVER I WANT!

Quit the hobby and go shit up another board, thanks.

A classic.

>I'm allowed to play a character that is stronger than I am, why am I not allowed to play a character that is more charismatic than I am?

I suppose your DM lets you roll Intelligence checks to determine the smartest course of action for your character to take?

So do you roll an Intelligence check every time you decide to do something so as to determine if you can decide the smartest course of action?

If not, you're selectively applying your own logic and thus are a hypocrite.

Of course not, that would be dumb.

You roll Wisdom.

This one's /co/, but I love it.

>archive.is/kswAE
If I'm playing a character with 8 Intelligence, I'm not gonna be the one building an airship.

Please go shit up another board, this one has too many retards already.

>You roll Wisdom.

Do you? You actually, unironically make a Wisdom check each time you decide to do something in the game? Either you have the same IRL Wisdom as your character, or else you have no reason to complain about an 8 Charisma character occasionally pulling off some decent roleplaying.

>If I'm playing a character with 8 Intelligence, I'm not gonna be the one building an airship.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Here is you (you).

Well, looks like someone has 6 IRL wisdom and can't take a joke.

I've had players roll intelligence checks if they're trying to solve a puzzle but their characters have a negative int modifier. Just because they know what to do doesn't mean their characters would, the same goes for any stat.

Now if you've got a DM having you roll a stat every single time you need to make an unimportant decision (like you seem to be implying) then yeah that's fucked, but that's not the norm.

If I play a low Int character, I don't do the tactical planning of the group. Occasionally, I'll roll a knowledge check to see if they know things, but generally I accept that by putting a low stat there my character won't be good at that sort of thing.

It'd be the same as if I made a low charisma character and tried to go around making inspiring speeches. That'd be silly and the DM is well within his right to have me roll and see if I actually luck out and manage it.

I would expect a similar thing if I had my low intelligence character try and make a complicated plan: a roll to see if he could do it.

Making this into a thread for bait images is a pretty good idea actually. Been liking this one lately.

that would probably be a wisdom check, but it depends I guess.

That was January 2013? We really are here forever.

YES! I forgot I had this one. This is why I need to organize my files.

"My New Neighbor is a Dragon (female)?!"

>someone with a 6 Dex should miss every ranged attack ever

Why wouldn't this make sense? I remember when I first picked up a bow I was absolute ass at it. Even at a low DEX the system still allows for those lucky shots.

I'm not sure why, but this card never ceases to make me laugh.

This sounds a little too specific to be a generic scenario

Rolling an wisdom check every time you decide something would be on par with rolling a charisma check every time you speak to someone. The outcome won't matter most of the time. You won't need to roll wisdom to decide what to eat any more than you'd need a charisma roll to order food

When you do roll, it's for situations where your character's low stat would have an actual impact, such as when someone is trying to lie to them and trick them into a bad idea, you'd roll your wisdom and any sense motive to see if your character actually recognizes that as a bad idea.

You're aware you're arguing with a retard, right? Get with the program and post funny bait images instead.

Your next campaign.

I don't give a shit what your character identifies as, it's more that the people who make those characters and specifically talk about diversity and inclusivity are invariably massive faggots who murder fun.

The kind of people who make a scenario about a cult where all the members wear RED CAPS and their leader had TINY HANDS lel and is called DRUMPF and it's DONALD TRUMP get it? and you have to help the TRANSSEXUAL MINORITIES kill the WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

Does anyone have that Inferno Cop bait image? I've been trying to track it down forever.

Ah, the Second Pacific Squadron. Also never fails to make me laugh.

It was a joke.

If you want a serious answer, I don't believe you should condemn rolling nor support rolling for an entire stat universally one way or the other. It's not black and white. Players should be able to roll up a superhumanly charismatic character and allow the dice to take over if they (the actual player) can't think of anything particularly good to say for a specific situation. They invested heavily into this skillset mechanically and should be allowed to benefit from that. On the other hand, players with characters of any level of charisma should be rewarded for good roleplay or quick thinking in the form of a system-appropriate bonus or even a free pass. Adjudicating this sort of thing is kind of the GM's entire job and saying that the only two options are rigidly sticking to 100% dice rolls or completely eliminating mental stats is stupid.

But I'm willing to bet you already knew all this and are just looking to stir up shit.

>8 charisma, rolls a 2
Don't underestimate the power of "how you say it".

Microwave time.

I have never encountered these people, in real life or otherwise.

>Problems that are actually solved by having a half intelligent DM and have nothing to do with system.
Saged

Of all the reasons D&D isn't the best RPG, this is probably the flimsiest shitpost of all.

This one tends to hit a little close to home for a lot of Veeky Forums...

Hey, I made this one, specifically for throwing at virtualoptim. He'd always go on about how this or that system (mostly D&D) was trash, but when pressed would always refuse to name an alternative. He'd allude to some alternative as being infinitely better but never name it because of something to do with how the D&Dfags on Veeky Forums would just bash it.

Man, I got a lot of use out of this pic. Haven't used it in a while, though.

Anyone here ever done this, or something similar?

The problem isn't that other systems aren't better. There are dozens that are.

The problem is that good luck ever finding a game or players for anything else. DnD and it's derivatives own like 98% of the player base that plays RPGs.

I need to find a version of this one that has Sisko and Archer...even though I feel it would be unnecessarily mean towards Archer.

Fortuitously, I like D&D, so this isn't a problem for me.

/stg/ knows what I'm talking about here.

Serves you right for min-maxing a combat character.

Social encounters are just like combat encounters. If the rules don't favor characters who actually put their points in social stats, then why even have them? And if everyone will just put all their points on combat, why have these stats either? Just roll a single d100 for every action.

How would you feel if a 8 strength with no proficiencies bard was pwning everyone at an arm wrestling contest? Would that look fair to you? Would you like to see all your points in strength being told to fuck off while the bard effectively do what you'd do, but better?

Literally a case of user error.

YOU ARE ON A QUEST!!!

There is a crossroads ahead.
To the east, lies the way to what was once a prosperous gemstone mine, abandoned after something awoke within.
To the west, lies a decadent city, said to be on the turning point of a potential city-wide war.
Which way do you travel?

I switch the signs around and wander aimlessly.

I head west. I am an urban creature.

Fuck off, questfag. Back to your containment board.

Sisko's is "I'm going to fire on you with 90% of my firepower and deal with the fallout from my superiors later, better hope some of you survive"

This reminds me of a similar decision I once made.
About six months ago, my niece asked me who my dad was.
Now, my brother and I share a dad - a deadbeat asshole, who thankfully has been cut out of our lives for years. But now, his kid has started to wonder about this.
I attempt to just say 'nobody'. But she keeps asking me. So, in mild frustration, I tell her that my dad is actually Superman.
I thought that she would forget in like an hour.
She has not.

I feel this is the best "D&D Sucks" thread that Veeky Forums has ever had, by the way.

Jesus Christ that's the first time I've seen that one.

God DAMN I love this elf.

This plus "drow are North Korea" forms the basis for how I think about dark elves. No, their society doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That's the POINT. Lolth is the most involved, active, micro-managing god in any setting she exists in.

And one day it's all going to be too much and collapse all around her.