Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Death Guard Never Edition

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Squatted harder than Slaanesh

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escutcheon_(heraldry)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/04/forge-world-unit-focus-the-stone-crusher-carnifex/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone help me Genestealer Cult. Coming back in the game, don't have a clue and here is where I'm at:

Magus
Patriarch
Primus
Iconward

Purestrain x 20
Purestrain x 20
Purestrain x 20
Purestrain x 20

Neophyte Acolytes x 16
Neophyte Acolytes x 16

Acolyte Hybrids x 20

Aberrants x 6
Aberrants x 6

Goliath Rockgrinder
Goliath Rockgrinder

*Note I haven't decided on what specials to give the acolytes
**It says "From the Mining List Weapons" and "From the Heavy Weapons" but I don't see those lists in the Index
***Purestrains look like a steal @ 10 points now
****Please respond :)

First for Metal Gear

Why does Veeky Forums hate the Ultramarines? Don't punish them because of Mat Ward.

Do you think we'll see Primaris Assault marines with jump packs?

I wish. The interceptors look like shit.

Which one lads? I'm gonna try them all, but which should I do first?

Grand Master Voldus
>Apothecary: Nemesis hammer
>Paladin Ancient: storm bolter
>Paladin Squad: 4 paladins
>Doomglaive dreadnought
>Terminator Squad: 7 terminators
>Terminator Squad: 7 terminators
>Interceptor Squad: 6 Interceptors
>Interceptor Squad: 6 Interceptors
>Razorback: Twin Lascannon
>Razorback: Twin Lascannon
Good amount of lascannons, may be useful since vehicles are so good.

>Grand Master Voldus
>Apothecary: nemesis hammer
>Paladin Ancient: storm bolter
>Paladin squad: 3 paladins
>Doomglaive Dreadnought
>Terminator squad: 6 Terminators
>Terminator squad: 6 Terminators
>Stormraven gunship
>Interceptor squad: 8 interceptors
>Interceptor squad: 8 interceptors
5 drops. Kickass.

>Grand Master Voldus
>Apothecary
>Paladin squad- 4 paladins
>Terminator squad
>Terminator squad
>strike squad- 10 knights
>strike squad- 10 knights
>Stormraven- hurricane bolters
>Interceptor squad- 7 interceptors
>Interceptor squad- 7 interceptors
All these storm bolters will fuck over armies short of MEQ.

I gotta say the doomglaive naught pleasantly surprised me. At only 168 points, it combines the best parts of a Dreadknight and a venerable, and is cheaper than both.

I hope we get psybolts in our codex.

Looks ok, though desu you may want to mix things up a bit more- if you don't get off a good charge, or for any other reason get caught in the open, 90% of armies will demolish you.

A good way to fix that is some AM Tanks, maybe drop one genestealer blob and sub in whatever you need to kill hordes. But looks scary for fighting elite armies, you'll tear my knights to shreds

How good are ravenwing bombers in the new edition? I want to do a super troop light DR list and don't like ravages that much.

>A good way to fix that is some AM Tanks, maybe drop one genestealer blob and sub in whatever you need to kill hordes

Thanks user! I know there has to be gold in the AM Index but I'm so unfamiliar with Guard I don't know what to get there

Just get a baneblade

Also, if I take a detachment of Guard/AM for example--that detachment can include other stuff like Aeronautica Imperialist units too? I'm just not real familiar with detachments but it looks like from the main rulebook, if I take a detachment that includes an Air Wing...I can take Valkyries and such in a GSC

>Land speeder
>ws3

>Genetically engineering perfect bioweapon designed only to rip and shred apart it's enemies in close quarters
>ws4

do good on the table.
Tough Heavy bolters into your back line can really mess up an opponent.

>no highlights on tail

why?

I can't speak for everyone, but I just find them boring and bland. It's like being in a gourmet bakery and choosing fucking Wonderbreas. You could run literally any chapter; space yiffs, blood angels, white scars, even the homoerotic dark angels. But you just choose the guys who are most well known for two thing.

1. Being blue.
2. Not having anything particularly notable about them.

Just why?

> raped bodies of SPESS MAHRINES and Imperial Knights scattered around the feet of mighty T'au superior battle suit technology
How can the Imperium even compete?

Why should I pick Orks over the T'au?
I want to play small games (1000pts mainly) and don't want to sell my kidney

Inceptors seem more like attack bike replacements than assault

I get so depressed about my own painting when I see stuff like this.

Because Orks are the WAAC army this edition

Well Tau might struggle at that low a points level, while Orks can just drown the opponent in bodies at any level... so if you care about winning, there is that.
But if you don't want to spend that much money, I would go with Tau

I don't this is airbrushed and therefore not actually painted

How do you guys like the necrons? I've been running some form of mechanized list (ha) but I'm finding that it isnt as anti-armory as I want.

What have you guys been running?

I'm planning on running Straken and Nork together, but I'm using this model as a count as Straken. I was wondering if there were any good Ogryn count as models out there in Sigmar or 40k that you guys know of that I could mess around with.

I played against Necrons a few times and whatever that spider tank is definitely did serious damage to my tanks.

Landspeeder is TOO FAST for enemies to move out of the way before they're roadkilled
Carnifex's swings are slow and ungainly, making them quite possible to dodge

Well, I really like scrappy orkish mechs like Deff Dreads and Killa Kans but for T'au I prefer their infantry the biggest T'au mech I can stand are crisis suits.
I also have two other game-hobbies so budget is pretty important for me

Heavy bolters are your friend, hellhounds would be a decent compliment to the bumrushiness of your army, but Russes (while not the killiest thing ever) can take a ton of heat and lay down a good amount of anti-infantry.

I don't remember which GSC can take them, but flamers are good too. Just find a way to deal with chaff and you're good, the mathhammer charts in the OP are a good guide

>Why should I pick Orks
You shouldn't

No.

First for Infiltrators get nerfbatted again

Well if you are good at converting you can basically make your own army of ork kans and dreads for cheap.
And with Tau at 1000 points, you probably won't be going much bigger than a single riptide or ghostkneel anyway.

Grenades are no longer assualt weapons anymore so no using them after advancing right? Also grenades, krak grenades, cannot be used in combat with vehicles or monsters anymore, just throwing them beforehand, is that correct?

Yeah I keep debating between Trucks with demo charges vs. Leman Russ x 2.

Leman Russ seem...very good this edition.

isopropyl alcohol works to strip paint right and doesn't damage the plastic?

Russ is only good because it's a stable heavy flamer platform.

You can put many more flamers in a open topped truck. But it'll be prone to getting recked

Flamers R bad is a shitty meme with 0 math or theory behind it.

the weapon lists you're looking for at at the very beginning of the Genestealer Cult section. On the same two pages as Cult Ambush and their Psychic discipline in the "Wargear" section

Yup. For best results, use 91%.

The Guard LR in a detachment with a stock battle cannon + las cannons wouldn't be a good anti vehicle option? It seems pretty strong.

I know I can handle infantry right now. I'm worried about tanks.

Thanks user!

It might be worth mentioning that it works, but the results may vary due to the used paint. Also, not all types of glue get dissolved by every fluid you use. For complete guides, ask Google.

Wait Are meltabombs no longer a thing?

Read the rulebook. This isn't even complicated.

>5 drops
setting them in reserve is a drop though

WS 3+ because there are space marines swinging dicks off of it, and they are WS 3+. otherwise GET BACK SHITPOSTER BACK I SAY

Well i was pretty sure that it was no for both but i just wanted to check as they were things previously and i didnt read anything similar about them in the rules

Best models to convert Renegade Marauders? Tempestus Scions look good but I'd need other bits for shotguns, but I could use chaos warrior heads and they'd look good, but I'm going for a Roman Theme....

people say this but there are some paints that wont be removed by much except by the strongest of solvents... most of which will eat through the styrene of the plastic models aswell

All four of the main 'iconic' chapters, due to being pushed as mascots at various points in the game's history, attract a lot of people that love them, and a lot of people that hate them.

For the Ultramarines, I can see the appeal people have in going for the most 'soldier'-y of the iconic dudes. Blood Angels have their space-vampire-mutant thing going on, Space Wolves are some increasingly imbalanced mix of Viking and Furry, and the Dark Angels are all Space-Goth-y. The Ultramarines are soldiers, pure and simple. Some people like simplicity like that.

Can anyone tell me what the bit of heraldry I circled in pic related is? Not sure how to paint it.

Are there rules out for the deredeo yet? Can't find any

Am I reading it wrong or a FW manticore battery can fire basically 4d6 300" lascannon shots on round 1?

White and black checkering?

yeah for 120 points you get to nuke every vehicle on the board

its not like FW ever playtests their shit and so far its pretty obvious they didnt even proof read this shit.

Do buff auras work from inside transports?

Not unless they say they do.

read the rules on transports.

Come on people, there are only 10 pages of rules

Damn that robot has a huge sack.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escutcheon_(heraldry)

Paint your dude's heraldry in it.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/04/forge-world-unit-focus-the-stone-crusher-carnifex/
>FW thinks OOE buffs their carnifexes
>He objectively doesn't

How doesnt he? They have the Carnifex keyword

Suck a dick.

> Master Crafted
> AP 0

Kek

The rule doesn't specify a keyword, it instead uses a unit name. This might actually just be a typographical error, but he only buffs the regular carnifex unit.

>I spend hours on end looking for idiotic rule nuances that I can then point out on a Indonesian Blackmarket image trading website
>FW isnt a part of GW

>For full rules see Codex: Space Marines

WHEN?

This is one of those things where they will release a FAQ and instead of using Errata to alter the rule to say instead of Carnifex they'll just have the question:

Q: Does old one eye's Alpha Leader ability affect Stone Crusher Carnifexes
A: Yes

Leaving us with a rule that is worded inconsistently with its intended effect for no reason.

There are half a dozen units with rules worded in similar ways, the same is true in AoS, in AoS there is a FAQ saying that rules that specify unit names affect only the named unit, and don't interact with keywords at all. This is a thing that actually impacts gameplay quite a lot.

ColdStar Commander w/TargetLock & Shield Generator x6 = 888 points.

Wtf do I with the other 1112 points ?

If you're being that pedantic, then it wouldn't even work for 'Carnifexes'

Whatever you want it to be.

While normally speaking I'd agree GW consistently doesn't make a distinction between pluralized and singular names, "carnifexes" is also comprised of "Carnifex" models. By the same rationale if Old One Eye buffed units based on keywords he would not buff regular carnifexes at all, because they do not have the CARNIFEX keyword, they have CARNIFEXES.

This also affects Longstrike and the FW hammerheads and a number of other leader units that do not buff themselves.

139 Gun Drones

So Thousand Sons without Magnus are utter trash, right?

Might as well go for it. I already did plenty of experimentation with other stuff I'd never used before. If I can do it I think it'll look solid.
Ohhh. Okay. Its the banner bearers personal heraldry? That makes sense. Thanks.

Your argument for that being?

Robby G makes ultras fucking amazing and he is, himself a monster on the table.

Also, Space Romans are cool.

Ultras are vanilla, true. However, their whole schtick is being adaptable to any type of fighting.

They don't excel at anything but they always know how to apply to proper tactics and strategy to any situation that may arise.

What is the best built for pic related?

Anybody?

Fish people exist only because they're insignificant.

>I'm a retard: The post

Double skorchas.

Either Double Skorchas or one skorcha and three klaws

God that looks so stupid.

D2

Any pics and/or scans of the new WD?

>Fury of the Emperor
>Once per game an intercessor squad may declare a Fury of the Emperor attack at the beginning of your shooting phase. Until their next shooting phase, change their bolt rifle profiles to Rapid Fire 2. They may not fire in their next shooting phase after performing a Fury of the Emperor attack.

>stalwart defenders
>If the intercessor squad does not move in their movement phase, any bonus from cover is increased from +1 to +2. Furthermore, if an enemy unit declares a shooting attack against another friendly unit and their line of sight passes within 1" of an intercessor, the enemy unit suffers a -1 penalty to hit. This does not affect units that ignore line of sight.

Choose one strategy at the beginning of the game before deployment.

r8 my freeblade lore

>was saved as a child by celestine as a child
>ever since he has been obsessed with her
>follows her wherever she appears just to get a glimpse of her
>wants to protect her like she protected him
>knight lancer covered with iconography relating to her

Tsons are okay and Magnus is demigod tier.

People always hate the best. At some level I think it's human nature to root for the underdogs.

> Play Catachans
> Harker, a Saber with Searchlights, and 3 Manticore Batteries
> 430pts
> Turn 1, dump 12D6 9/-3/D6 shots into anything within 300"
> Hit on 3's, rerolling 1's

By numbers that is around 96 wounds to essentially any vehicle in the game.
That is 5 Stormravens out the sky.
That is almost one-shotting a Warlord.

Autism/10

>42 shoots
>31 hits
>20 wounding hits, or 70 wounds ignoring any save enemy may get

Would you trade a guitar for tau?

If you like Temp Scions, use Genestearl cult neophyte shotgun carrying arms from a 3rd party bitz seller

> ywn be this gleeful

Why even live,

Is this homebrew, wishful thinming or what?

To be fair, they aren't living either.

Hey tg for 8th edition do the wounds caused by smite roll over to other models if the first one dies? Or are they lost?

roll over I think - it works like AoS bolt

I'm looking at possibly getting into 40k -- looking at different factions to figure out what I might like.

So far, my ideas narrowed down to:
>Imperial Guard
>Tau
>Chaos Space Marines of some sort
>Space Marines of some sort

Most of the Space Marines chapters I've read about and liked have some kind of identifiable flavor theme, which may or may not carry over into the tabletop. Space Wolves are Viking warriors, White Scars are Mongols with bikes, etc.

But I can't tell what the deal is with the Crimson Fists. They don't seem to have the same siege specialty as the Imperial Fists. What is their thematic hook? It can't just be that they're Hispanic, can it?