Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

squishy bits edition

>Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/VcZNNd4

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Squatted harder than Slaanesh

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/mobile/search/searchResults.jsp?Ntt=iron warriors
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Iron-Warriors-Upgrade-Set
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I-I just like T'au lore

How do I make these more Iron Warriors, beyond paint scheme?

Wow, janitors actually working to remove shitposting. That's nice to see.

Would someone mind explaining why Forgeworld felt the need to have their knights point value separate from their weapons, even though each knight doesn't have any options for its' weapons?

>I want tanks and terminators to rape me

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/mobile/search/searchResults.jsp?Ntt=iron warriors

NUTHIN CAN TOP GORKDON RAMZAY'S LEGENDARY COOKIN'!

Because you touch yourself at night

Like this.

>playing Tanks in Age Of Flyers

Can someone tell me how tall a necron warrior model is, not including the base?

Add horns to their helmets, and bionics

I get it.

Use very small beads or silica to add rivets in the armor you can paint over.

also, forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Iron-Warriors-Upgrade-Set

How does Veeky Forums feel about 40k playing like a Battlefield game where tanks can angle their cannons and reliably smack a plane out of the air

For the same reason they aren't in alphabetical order in the sm and chaos indexes.

So I've got 8 Squats, Schaeffer's Last Chancers, 6 Gaunt's Ghosts, a random IG officer, a Praetorian bugler, and an Inquisitor.

Can I make a suitably dumb suicide squad out of that lot? I'm thinking the Squats as inquisitorial acolytes and the Last Chancers as Scions or something.

SM tanks will still be hitting on 4+, and will be tougher than the fliers.

>G-Good thing my fluffy army is actually magnetized

DECIMATED

I love it! Smacking a Storm-something or other out of the air with a Demo Cannon is a fun way to wipe the smile off a WAAC's face!

That said I would really prefer we get our gun-sepecific-LOS rules back.

It's just super inefficient, really dumb way to do things.
In fact, not only was there no reason not to just combine the point values in the first place, there's literally no reason they couldn't have just saved themselves a few pages of book and just put the damn point values on the knights stat page.

Is there anything worth buying double of out of dark imperium for the Primeris side?

Rolled 2 (1d10)

10s are FAILURES

East Coast Diversity user from last thread, if you're ever in MA I'll take a game. Im usually stuck with the same 2-3 guys running the same lists and the stagnation is killing me, even with 8th.

lieutenants, hellblasters, arguably inceptors

Opinions on using Primaris models for not-Primaris units. Specifically, elite units that I don't want to manlet.

Primaris with Jump Pack as my Vanguard.
Primaris with wings as Sanguinary Guard.
How autistic are people likely to get?

Second question, has anyone seen any conversions of a Primaris in a Jump Pack? I am concerned that it will look tiny on them.

I'm more southern sadly. I know what you mean though. I tried to get some games with some other people, but they just brush me off.

>Brings an entire army of Hydras
Who knew BS3 was so much fun!

They want to be able to adjust individual weapon point values later, same reason a necron immortal has two gun options that both cost 9.

So I play artillery guard. This is already my life. Many a Helldrake has fallen to indirect fire landing directly on top of it mid flight.

Target lock on coldstar triggers my autism.
Also fire warriors are better at killing base line infantry, it's kind of a waste to put flamers on the suits when with stealth teams they can deepstrike no scatter within half range of fusion blasters.

*Mantastrike behind u*

nothin personel, Gue'la

How good is Sanguinor/Dante with the Golden Boys? I love their models and fluff, are they worth picking up?

its statistically way better than multitracker.

That sounds very rude. Are they not there to play? Well sadly Im almost as north as you get in this state. Well IF you ever get even to CT look up the guy with the poorly painted red guard.

the immortals one makes sense.
Tomb blades can take either of those options (in a pair) or a particle beamer.
So those options needed to be compared to particle beamer in point cost and it is much cheaper than 2 of either.

Okay, that is actually hilarious

>Artillery is called in to suppress a trench charge
>Minutes go by, nothing happens
>suddenly Heldrakes drop from the sky trailing smoke and their backs blown open

But better than advanced targeting.

>needs homing beacon

Threadly reminder that only you, burger, play on empty boards

For the same reason that one superheavy tank of theirs can retroactively shoot twice in the last shootingphase in the past if it remained stationary in the current movement phase.

fusion blasters are 18". so you have to be just out of melta range, as you have to be MORE than 9" away.

Why would I care if you were behind me? Or in front?

Idiot. We don't have armor facings anymore! You can drop anywhere you like! In range is in range! Besides, you can only do that with half your army now. Not that scary considering the cheap-as-chips nature of the hydra quad batteries.

More like watching a tank shoot down a plane in Battlefield.

You can deploy up to 6" away from the beacon.

Well I just nutted. How much are those boards, and how did they make the green river?

*sips tea*
You dont know anything about warfare Gue'la

*smokebomb and dissapear*

oh, right.
thought you meant deep striking the stealth suits. Which I also just remembered is no longer a thing they do.

Meh, you don't need alphastrike.

I asked this in the your dudes thread, but it seems mostly dead.

I'm a big fan of Death Guard and while I wait for more releases, I was considering making a custom loyalist chapter made up of Death Guard that were still loyal to the Empire during the Horus Heresy. I know a lot of them were still slaughtered for being associated with chaos, but would this work in the lore? I'm not anywhere near an expert on the setting, so I'm not sure if the Imperium would just disband them after that, or kill them like before. And would it be too snowflakey?

I remember that in the first Tau codex back in the day there was mention of a hive fleet invading the tau empire. It doesn't say anything about it in the 8th edition rulebook. What happened?

(no, I haven't played 40k since 3rd edition)

The second founding has a lot of chapters whose records were lost, you can make a chapter that used to be Death Guard BUT you should never explicitly acknowledge that they are former Death Guard, simply hint it or make a chapter thats influenced by Death Guard.

When are tau going to make ninja androids?

got beaten back. There was a temporary cease fire, almost alliance with the imperium for a bit to stop it.

Tau plot-armored it to death.

The Typhus boy sure is in a pickle now

Fire warriors can't 60 auto hits in overwatch, or retreat and fire.

No, it doesn't. The 3th ED Tau codex only mentions splinters being fight off by the Tau. Nothing about a full fledged hive fleet. STOP LYING.

*teleports directly in front of you*
[autistic screeching in broken Japanese]
*delets you*

So 8Th edition is like a few hundred years after Gathering Storm.

Did Ynnead actually fucking fully come out?

I am delet in the knowledge that ten thousand more will step over my corpse to remove spehs weeb in my place.

Why is it too much to ask to get crisis suits with plasma katanas, wtf gw?

Unless someone is fielding the entire battle company, it seems super nonsensical to field both company lieutenants at once, especially if you also field a captain. Like in dark imperium - who's leading the rest of the company right now?

No but they can pump out 36 shots at longer range and strength of 5 if a fireblade is nearby.
A fire warrior is also 8 points to a triple flamer crisis bodyguard's 72.

Sucks he can't just explode anymore. Just uses the destroyer plague like a pistol.

Is this part of a series? The description implies it is, what books come before it, just the Legends of the Dark Millenium novella?

Does anyone who's read it know if you need to read the prior books?

Fabulous.

The only chapter that we know for sure that uses traitor geneseed are the Minotaurs with the Iron Warriors geneseed. Their's a UM sucessor who's believed to use IW geneseed, but iirc it's been proven that they were just made in honor of a famous IW loyalist rather than actually using their geneseed because everyone from the loyalist guy's men died before the HH ended.

I don't get why people are so autistic about conversions or changing things up. It has to be done perfectly or not at all apparently.

The worst part about Tau isn't anything of the fluff itself. Heck, when you read more about them they're almost just as grimdark as any other faction, they just hide it better and fool themselves more effectively. Their lore isn't even that much weeb, specially in the beginning.
The wort about Tau is the weebs it attracts because of the looks, shallow people who don't read anything about what the background actually is, but immediately start projecting their weeabo nature onto it, thinking they already know what everything is about.

Which leads to stupid, unfitting requests like yours. Tau hate melee combat, they see it as a barbaric practice that only less civilized races lower themselves too. And here you are, crying about how Tau don't have katanas, something that used to be kinda cool that has been perverted into one of the worst edgy weeb obsession objects of all.

You, sir, are not a real Tau fan.

People take their modeling seriously on a hobby where modeling is a big part of it.

>just as grimdark as any other faction

No.

I'm talking about the people that only build the kits GW gives and hate on people for changing it up. They aren't doing shit, they are just shitting on people for trying things.

>Tau hate melee combat

>Tau
>Melee
>Katanas

What is... Commander Shonenprotag Farsight

>tau are grimdark
Lel.

As long as you don't mix units converted from Primarines with units that actually are Primarines there's little to object too. Personally I can understand people who only want to use the Primarine models for existing units better than those who also embraced their terrible, terrible fluff and want mixed or Primarine only armies.

what if I liked the looks of the non-suits and feel that outside of new stealth suits the suits look lame. Though I will admit I kinda like the crisis suits being lame looking, in the 'their blocky and terrible but we need them' sort of way.

When tau started I was kinda interested in them, and the shift to more and more suits drove me further and further away.

Envy or autism I guess.

>not a real Tau fan.
implying npc races have fans.

Is thier an epub copy floating around?

I hope he eventually gets a plastic model so we can confirm if it's an Eldar or Necron blade.

People love the guard though.

Bitch, Tau used to be the combined arms faction, until weebs screamed and we got the riptide. Now, what do you think will happen if enough weebs scream for katanas?

And their love has paid off this edition. We are curb stomping people.

Not that I've been able to find, I'll share it here if I do.

>Katana Stormsurge
Might be cool

Also, has a rule that it awards no VP as it kills itself in shame if ever reduced to 1 wound to deny the enemy the knowledge of folding a blade 10,000 times

Yes, here is how the series goes.

1- LoDM : Farsight
2-Blades of Damocles
3-Farsight : Crisis of Faith

Then proceed to "Fire and Ice"

After you are done, read Mont'ka.

GW isn't stuggling financially as much now, so they might not compromise wh40k's integrity again so readily.

Be happy with your fusion blades and suicide gauntlet.

Good things.

Yah its a shame that the site where 40k epubs were posted only a few hours after release is gone

They'll introduce something about copying Farsight's teachings and create a battlesuit melee unit.

>Just introduced 'Space marine space marines'
>Doubt.jpeg

Thanks.

I usually get mine from vk.com but it usually takes a while before someone shares new books.

Eh, it's good they became the weeb faction since combined arms is more the IG thing.
They can still do it, but not as good.

Primaris aren't even close to profits are down 10% this quarter, roll out the femarines, katana suits, and plastic sisters.