If Warhammer 40k got a yu gi oh style anime

What if Warhammer 40k got a yu gi oh style anime?(something that takes place in modern times for some reason but involves the use of actual miniatures that somehow connect to the 40k verse)
What army would the spiky haired goggle boy character play? Who would his rival play?

What would be the overarching plot?

What army would the spiky haired goggle boy character play?
OC Space marine chapter or Ultramarines
Who would his rival play?
OC Chaos space marines or Black Legion

What would be the overarching plot?
Huge ass tournament is happening. Like months long in length and the Models come alive sometimes.

MC would play Space Marines, probably ultramarines because Flagship, ultimately using how flexible Marines can be to beat out most opponents with clever maneuvers and bullshit lucky rolls.
If the Rival was a classic Kaiba-alike he'd play something that's big and hits really hard. So probably Imperial Knights supported by the Guard.
Of course this also foreshadows that they will eventually team up.
If the rival ISN'T a Kaiba-alike then he'd probably play Tau considering they're one of the few races who've smashed the Ultramarines, giving us a character who can function on the same tactical level as the MC, but likely lacking the same levels of luck with the dice.

The story would progress for a time with MC beating various monster of the week type opponents who represent different Xenos factions before eventually falling into a plot against a cabal of cultists who are trying to channel the powers of the warp into our world through the wargame.

nha the oopnent has to be iconic, and it has to be straight better then the MC, chaos marines work, with chaos marines reworked to be straight better marines, but the main character beats them with strategy and faith or some bullshit like that. If we want to preserve the underdog factor which is often done for the MC, guard would work too.

Joey would be an ork player, right?

Of course. Fucker would only field shoota boyz and Truckz with a single decked out Warboss.

nyeh

>WARGAMES ON MOTORCYCLES

>The start of the first episode has the MC destroying a squat player, establishing him as hot shit.
>Squat player is never seen from again.

>Female love interest only plays Sisters of battle
>Focuses on flamers and only flamers

Main character would probably field the blood angels or the salamanders. sure the ultramarines are the most flagship but its "HEART OF THE MODELS" enough to me compared to the passion of the blood angels or the bro-ness of the salamanders. I mean, in yugioh the most flagship card is blue eyes white dragon and thats kaiba's MO.

>What would be the overarching plot?

The Nazca Lines are actually the sealing locations of the Chaos Gods. The keys to their seal lie with the legendary Primarch miniatures, each one passed down to a modern day wargamer, who unwittingly use them in common, everyday wargames played atop motorcycles.

>plays against an AoS Sigmarine player
>loots the Red-Eyes Black Stardrake
>TIME WEIRDBOYYYYYYYY

Fund this. Now.

Main cast would be:
MC with Space Marines
Romantic Interest with Sisters of Battle
Nerd Friend with Skittari.

As for the rival...I actually think Orks would be the best choice. Because Orks always come back and are lookin for a fight.

Fuck, I'd watch it.

>suave Ork millionaires

You realize the rivals are always rich playboys or cool ace student types

Exactly. Rival could be Grey Knights?

Or maybe Thousand Sons. Magnus makes a good Blue-Eyes stand in.

Eldar then?

What's the most expensive army to field? They'd play that.

So Sisters?

Our Leading Lady plays Tyranids, of course, and paints their accents gaudy pinks and purples.

There's a kid who also plays Tyranids for laughs... running gag has him crossdress, making him a trap.

And a Catgirl Cosplayer Maid who plays Felinid Guard.

Weevil/Rex are basically Tau Players.

Also a perverted badass old dude who mentors our protag... he mains Necrons.

Also there's some sexy thief girl (Mai) who plays Blood Ravens.

I want Wayneposting to stop.

Actually correction. He mains Sisters when he's going easy, but in the second season he Curb Stomps Protag with Necrons.

"You're a hundred years too early to really beat me, boy!"

Convince the mods to take a vested interest in the board's moderation and actually give a fuck instead of barely doing anything and maybe I'll think about it.

Smug rich bitch that buys every sister model the store gets.
Sounds realistic. Maybe she has people to paint all her models for her except for one. An old Canoness bought for her by her mother that's been painted by with own hands. She named the model after her mother's name

Sounds good... but Sisters always seemed more like a Master Roshi army than a Rich Bitch army.

Please tell me everyone can see Roshi playing Sisters.

I see Roshi playing Slaaneshi Daemons.

Also the MC's RI maining cutenids with an Unyuufex is perhaps the best thing ever.

She buys them becuase they're expensive. It's a subtle way to brag about her wealth.

What this gut said.
Down with Wayne.

The pervert HAS to play GsC then, right?

>Nerd friend who plays Skitarii
>Dad or grandfather who played SM and passed his army down to his son
>Tough friend plays Guard
>Rival plays CSM
>Quirky side characters do all sorts of gimmick armies that depend on specific strategies

I would legit watch this anime.

Would the game be identical to tabletop? Or would there be some reserves mechanic that allows improvisation of your units?

Reminder that I built board hate for Wayne into his persona. Your only response to get rid of me is to report and ignore... and reporting doesn't work because it would actually take five range-bans to get rid of me.

Also, the OVA/Filler episodes would be a Dark Heresy Campaign played by the core cast members.

underrated

Amazing

Alright, I have an outline for the cast.

>Main Character
Fuya Kai. Student who inherited his grandfathers army. Ultramarines

>Best Friend
Plays Infantry guard

>Love interest
Amy Woo, transfer student. Plays Nids

>Bully (redeemed)
Plays Mech Guard, always beats up on best friend

That seems like a wacky group of protagonists if I ever saw one.

These cards make no goddamn sense.

THAT'S your problem with this thread?

But no, no they don't.

Came across something on Pixiv that's pretty close to about all of this.

>Main Characters name is Fuya Kai
>Fuya Kai
God damn you user.

Holy shit, it's an actual comic?

I think it's more someone's fanproject or zine or something. I dunno, can't read moon speak.

Hang on, there' still a bit more.

Much like the yugioh shows there would be a bunch of shit in the show that doesn't happen in the game IRL, but are necessary as plot devices.

And that's it.

>I attack the moon!

>ON THE MOON

Yugi would play Marines
Joey would play Marines
Kaiba would play Eldar
Pegasus would play Chaos
Bandit Keith would play Dark Mechanium
Rex would play orks
Weavile would play dark eldar
Mai would play sisters
Grandpa yugi would play gray Knights
Bakura would play morally ambiguous Marines
The rare hunters are tau cause they're faggots

Fucking Taufags

>Weavile would play dark eldar
>insect player
>not playing Tyranids
>Mai would play sisters
>bondage harpy player
>not playing Dark Eldar

You know, I can jive to that. Weavile was just a sociopathic cheating tryhard pick. I forgot he played bugs.

>>suave Ork millionaires
You mean Bad Moonz?

>Yugi would play Thousand Sons
>Joey would play Imperial Fists
>Kaiba would play Grey Knights
>Pegasus would play Harlequins
>Weevil would play 'Nids
>Mai would play Eldar (emphasis on Swooping Hawks)
>Grandpa would play 30k Thousands Sons
>Bakura would play Black Legion

Like using a drop pod to knock down a flier or some silly shit like that.

The main character can't play Chaos though.

Bakura can go Thousand Sons, he even has the egyptian vibe.

But even from early on, Yugi's deck utilized a lot of dark-attribute monsters and black magic-themed cards. And he fits the Egyptian bent more.

Bakura's decks were more centered around general occult elements.

Yugi has a lot of dark monsters, but he also has a lot of light and earth types, and he has tons and tons of Warriors.

Maybe Inquisition?

Same user, but I think it's kind of unhelpful going with Yu-Gi-Oh though - I know it's rather archetypical of the little genre that it helped to further push out, but it's kind of largely beholden to itself.

Something like Gundam Build Fighters seems a bit of a more on-point comparison. You also have plastic models being brought to life to duke it out in mock war combat, so there's that as well.

Mmm, maybe. That seems a little more fair. Though not Grey Knights, that seems firmly Kaiba's bag. Deathwatch perhaps?

this guy looks more like a skitarii player than anything
He could perhaps be one of those more shady space marine chapters like Dark Angels or Raven Guard though Yami Yugi does seem like the Tzeentch type though

Yugi Moto: Blood Ravens
Yami Yugi: Thousand Sons
Joey Wheeler: Militarum Tempestus with Imperial Allies
Tristan Taylor: Imperial Guard
Tea Gardner: Grots and Rippers
Mai Valentine: Dark Eldar Scourge spam
Seto Kaiba: Forge World Titan Legion
Mokuba Kaiba: Pokemon cards
Solomon Muto: Rogue Trader Crimson Fists
Yami Bakura: Chaos Daemons

Hell, why not black templars?

Hey, hypothetically making up a shonen toy-seller from 40k is all good fun. But at least get it right.

That's like the LAST army Yugi would play - no psyker units.

If the protagonist is energetic underdog status, he plays IG and makes use of detachments for tactical flexibility, so he has mini's from every Imperial faction

Just thought of something - what about Duke Devlin?

His whole thing was literally a dice game, what army lends itself to literally gaming the system from knowing its design inside and out?

That's not a bad idea. The driving arc of the story could be how he makes friends with players he ends up fighting, and they give him part of their armies out of thanks after every significant milestone.

So that old card gambling schtick from the yugioh show basically?

Ah shit, you're right. I was focusing on the righteousness part of it, but no Psykers is a deal breaker.

And all the big bads play non-imperials.

The haughty rival in S1 plays Eldar
The Hotblooded Rival plays Tau
The stupid bully/comedy relief plays Orks
The sadistic asshole plays Chaos
The Haughty Rivals even more evil brother plays Dark Eldar
The final big bad plays Necrons

That, but more out of the goodness of one's heart and FRIENDSHIP

And the movie villain plays Chaos Daemons against everyone else in a massive Apocalypse match

What if you stopped making garbage bullshit threads and the mods actually did their job?

I like the fact that evryone is having fun instead of shitposting and there's the "no fun allowed guy that come"

Yup, checks out