Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Has your character ever been part of a rebellion or a revolution? Did they win?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/fraer9x
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who do you want to see in the WotR party?
strawpoll.com/fraer9x

Stop giving that shithead attention

Fucks sake you people are such enablers.

>Has your character ever been part of a rebellion or a revolution? Did they win?
No, but his father fought for Andoran's freedom. Was quite a success.

When those filthy commie nazi bastards from Cheliax come to invade like you know they want to, he'll be there, as a proud paladin of Iomedae who stands for truth, justice, and the Andoren way.

>The top 5 picks with Cyrielle as the extra
Looks about right to me.

Teach me how to self-shill, /pfg/.
Noone ever talks about my characters and I consistently poll like shit.

Make better characters you hack

Just rip off anime, people love that shit

First, find a nearby microwave oven. Tear off the door, stick your head in and wait until cancer is formed. Repeat until you become 100% cancer. Congratulations, you are now ready to self-shill.

Why isn't your character father/mother yet?

She's 13 dude

Make tittymonsters. It's working for Halae, even after the Mouse catastrophe.

I feel like an Andoren patriot would work better as an order of the lion cavalier.

Are cavaliers even good in Pathfinder? I never played one but I know people hated them in AD&D

>Make better characters you hack
But I do get into games, somehow.

We were part of an election, and we freed 600 slaves while trying to rescue a princess and kill a god before the completion of a ritual that would allow it to enter our reality in its true form. Not really a revolution or rebellion, though.

then why do you care

Suggest me ways for beginning a character's backstory.

he was born

Crippling anxiety issues.
Seeing other characters getting discussed all the time and poll above mine makes me worried as heck.

Ask Rory.

They are a daddy- he put a six-pack of buns in his girl's oven and because she's a LOT longer lived than him he's gonna try and get his hands on some anti-aging serum to become as long-lived so he can spend as much time as he can with her

it doesn't matter

Get 'em when they're young eh...eh!

fuck off ROry

I want to see WotR gone.

While is obviously being sarcastic, he's not wrong. Start with the parents and their situation. Everything naturally spirals out from there.

"God, what is that smell!?" was the first and last thing my father ever said to me.

Listen, talk to the GM. Your entry into the game should be between you and the GM. Beyond that, make a blog, because that's what you want. There are loads of blogs where people talk about nothing but their characters and games. This is not a blog, so I don't know why you want to make this thread into your fandom.

honestly i think i have problems, i enjoy apps more than games

Because Iomedae is his waifu.

He got a daki of her made by the party's tailor and had it blessed at the local church and used it to kill a vampire.

Hoping senpai notices him.

maybe later

Discuss where they were born, if it matters. The culture and society. The social standing of their parents. If you don't think any of that matters, start with the events that led to them going on whatever journey is planned.

Backstory is irrelevant, and i literally don't care about it

He very well could be. He doesn't have pass for human.

Because her first and last boyfriend died, and she hasn't searched for somebody else. It's not a priority for her.

And I don't care what you think.

Stop determining your self-worth by the number of memes about characters you make you worthless little shit.

You should i'm making the picks

No but seriously backstory is irrelevant 95% of the time, show me who your character is and how they act, not how much they've jerked off into their cheerios

>Has your character ever been part of a rebellion or a revolution? Did they win?
Does "Well we know we eventually have to fight this group of evil INT based casters of varying classes due to us going actively against the laws they've put up about looting local ruins, so we might as well actively fuck with them before we actually confront them" count as rebellion?

I don't understand this poll phenomena. Who would vote for characters other than their own?

>malefex is a Gareth class
>malefex is Dex/Wis

>blinkling is a Gareth race
>blinkling is one of the strongest Dex/Wis races

Does anyone else want to make a blinkling malefex?

Save the world or coin and cleavage?

Characters you'd want to adventure with. It's not like only one person is getting in.

What's a good way to power down a monster without removing any of its cool special abilities? I know the young template, but that's it

Just lower the numbers

Give it conditions or limit it's movement. Force it to squeeze, make it perma sickened, give the players a round of free actions.

Siege weapons such as ballistas.

how do you make a musclewizard in pathfinder? I really want to make a halfling/gnome/young human musclewizard with insane strength

Why are you like this

Autism. Lots of low-functioning autism.

Alright, so my concept for the next leg of my campaign is going to be a cult of evil nuns, but I don't really know how to make them a credible threat if the PCs decide to kill them off instead of allying with them.

How do you challenge a party that's been tearing through encounters--and more to the point, has PoW initiators--without making things too hard?

Hasn't met the right man yet.

Has the Malefex been put on the trove yet?

I fucking know, right?

Besides, merg make better ones

Give them something an initiator can't win with just initiating: A social encounter where even thinking aggressively is going to get them the worst possible result always. Never be afraid of throwing something at the players they possible couldn't prepare for, 'cause this ain't Shadowrun.

>Character is an adventurer
>"Workplace" relationships are hard enough as it is
>Neither the character nor their lover are ready for a child
>They wouldn't dream of burdening someone with their curse unless they were sure the relationship could hold up under the strain

You give the enemy some disciplines as well. I find countering their attacks a few times is enough to make the enemy seem more intimidating, as is their ability to strike back.

Can a monk deliver a spell or spell-like ability with a range of "touch" as part of a flurry of blows?

>not just playing Kestrel because Kestrel is the objectively cutest race

If they're a cult then that means they're a group, and organized.

Have them play smart, and it shouldn't be a problem.

no

Malefex right here:

Don't forget to properly bully your elf companions, /pfg/.

Malefex right here, for real this time:

Suffer not the lame horse... nor the broken man.

Read the Andoran book again for July 4th

>While not illegal, evil religions face both popular and governmental disapproval; government agents watch evil temples, have their worshipers followed, and subject their priests and coffers to sudden inspection by the Ministry of Finance. It is not that Andorens don’t believe their own words about tolerance; it’s more that having neighbors such as Cheliax, Isger, and Nidal stagger under the lash of unholy gods shows Andorens what arises from allowing evil too free a rein in civic affairs.

ASMODEUS WORSHIP IS A RELIGION OF PEACE YOU RACIST ANDORENS

Are you just posting Darkest Dungeon quotes at random, or did something happen in your campaign?

She is. Two are adopted, the other is her lesbian lover's daughter.

She'd like to have her own but, y'know, neither of them have dicks.

Pre-build character got killed. It's a time for celebration.

The Bloodforge races sound cool but the art is just absolutely fucking atrocious and I can't stand it.

You use a hulking changeling witch of strength with mothers gift (claws) and (toughness), and take the strength patron (since it grants the strength boosting and combat spells from cleric). Confuse people and make it a boy changeling.

Alternatively use the Transmuter Wizard and put the bonus stat ability all towards strength,.

how do you build a musclewizard in pathfinder?

First one has sworn off his chances at having a family, for he believes that even his patron god Erastil would agree that sometimes what a good healthy family needs is a third party that protects them every waking hour.

Second and third characters are actually married to each other.

Fourth one is too CG at the moment to have children, mostly because being pregnant makes interplanetary travel kinda dangerous.

>Confuse people and make it a boy changeling.

Don't Hags eat their male offspring?

Yes, read the "touch spells in combat" section of combat.

The artist himself has stated he wants to redo it all because he despises that those pieces of shit are out there in the world under his name.

Some of them are pretty cute! Like the Merg, the merg is adorable.

Make it a girl (male).

Perhaps. Raspitin is Baba Yaga's son, so there is precedent.

My Gm stated that female changelings view male changelings as desperately desired mates, but kill them after sex, which turns them into hags.

But changeling can't be male, period. They are not changeling, they are just human.

It was, if I recall correctly, one of the artist's first jobs, and it was basically on a favor from DSP to him. Now that he's gotten more talented (seriously, look at some of the new versions of the art, they're great), he wants to go back and redo some of the trashiest ones.

>Baba Yaga
She's not a hag, though. Despite all appearances, she's still "just" a human spellcaster with Godlike power.

Actually, I believe that canonically, Hags just don't have male offspring.

Baba Yaga is a human, dude. Superhuman, yes, but she's not a hag.

>look at some of the new versions of the art, they're grea
Where can I find them?

Baba Yaga is hag only in name, as in she is an old, angry woman. The most powerful human in existence, sure, but not a non-human creature.

>neither of them have dicks
user, that's a temporary issue at best.

Do any of the upcoming SoP books have anything good in them?

Kinetic Knight

Tell me about your worst Mary Sue character.

W-What do you mean, user?

Just cast alter self and go for broke.

The book was updated recently with errata and revised art. EZG even re-read it. If you actually bought it, you can just redownload it for the new stuff (not judging, just informing)

Is the new copy in the trove?

Fuck if I know, I bought it. The new version has Mixed Blood as a trait, if the trove doesn't it's out of date

>Keanu Reeves is John Wick
>John Wick is Baba Yaga
>Keanu Reeves is Baba Yaga

Friendly reminder that Keanu Reeves is Baba Yaga.

The Monk in question would need to cast the spell and hold the charge. It would not be a touch attack but a normal attack. As far as I know he should be able to during a flurry but it would only go off once and it would be the first successful attack he makes.

I dunno, I try to make my characters as grounded as possible. I did make a character with amnesia, which is pretty soap opera-tier.

How is John Wick Baba Yaga?

>look at Inquisitor, feel like it should be right up my alley with its skillset, it even has a way to poach Slayer Study, my favorite mechanic!
>Nothing I build feels right, like I'm missing a ton of stuff despite having Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, AND a Reach weapon
>only one or two spells per spell level leap out as stuff I want, even though other classes will leave me spinning with possibilities

I just don't understand. Maybe looking at common /pfg/ chargens has ruined me, and I no longer grasp how to build a character in 1pp with "normal" skills and "normal" feat progression.
I just wanted to make a Glaive-toting Skinwalker, but nothing looks right.

>Dorothy Gray.jpg

Just look at how adorable this merg is!

Try a warpriest instead with the plant blessing, it'll probably work better than inquisitor.